PDA

View Full Version : The Chin to the Fins?

MightyTExan
01-04-2007, 10:24 AM
The Steelers, Bill Cowher and his agent might be among the first the Dolphins contact. If Pittsburgh grants the Dolphins permission to speak with its coach, a person close to Cowher said Wednesday he would be willing to listen. There are obstacles to Cowher joining the Dolphins. He reportedly wants a contract extension in Pittsburgh that would pay in excess of $7 million annually; the Steelers offered $6 million. And the Steelers would demand draft-choice compensation in return for releasing him from his contract. The Dolphins also would have to gauge Cowher's personal situation to see if he indeed is willing to take on a job long-term rather than for a two- to five-year spurt. But the obstacles are not insurmountable if Cowher is receptive. Huizenga has deep pockets and said Wednesday that he badly wants his team to win. ''I don't care what it takes, what it costs, or what's involved,'' he said.

http://www.benmaller.com/nfl_rumors_notes
Don't forget that 2 of his former coaches are there already- Dom Capers and
Mike Mularkey. :stirpot:

kastofsna
01-04-2007, 10:52 AM
yeah i think all the pieces look like they'd fit together, but i think the problem is that huizenga wants a guy who doesn't have one foot out the door already. don't want to have a saban situation where the coach just decides his heart isn't in what he's doing and decides to leave. all the signs point to cowher retiring. i can't imagine he'd be too into the miami gig. in fact i bet it'd be kinda like joe gibbs' return to the redskins.

Mr. White
01-04-2007, 11:05 AM
in fact i bet it'd be kinda like joe gibbs' return to the redskins.

Or better yet....Don Shula's return to the Dolphins?

kastofsna
01-04-2007, 11:17 AM
don't go there.