PDA

View Full Version : A Shared letter to a Crygirl.

michaelm
01-03-2007, 05:38 PM
All season long, I have been telling my Crygirl co-worker (and good friend) that DeMeco is a good line backer and in my opinion would win DROY.
For some reason, he felt the need to continuously change the subject to how poor we were doing, or how well they were doing.

I wasn't trying to start some big debate on the merits of our respective teams, just share the fact that I felt we had a good player on our hands.

Today I sent him a "Told You So" email, and as usual, he couldn't just say anything positive, or admit that i had been right.
Instead, he turned the subject towards the fact the his team is in the playoffs, and mine isn't, and typically added a few jabs about the Mario pick as well. He also said that he wouldn't respond (for some reason) to my DeMeco email because I wouldn't admit that Dallas was the better team.

I'd like to share my response to him with you.

Look, if you need me to make some ground breaking admission that a team with a better record than mine, and that also beat mine this season is a better team; I’ll give it to you. The facts bear that out.
Plus, I’m pretty sure I already said that a few weeks ago… a fact that you will ignore.

It still has nothing to do with the subject on hand.

BUT, since we are talking about both of our teams, I’d like to give you some perspective, if I may.

If your team is the better team, so be it, but here are a few more FACTS for you to digest.

Did you know that?
For the entire year, the fearsome Dallas defense allowed only a single point per game less than my oh-so terrible Texans?
After week three, Dallas gave up almost three points per game MORE than my Texans? After our admittedly horrible start, we held teams to three less points than Dallas held it opponents.
Dallas also managed to give up more points in their last three home games than the Texans did in their first three home games. Remember? When you were talking about how they were on a pace to give up the most points in league history? Yeah, your team gave up more points in their last three home games than we did in that horrible stretch. Amusing… and great way to end the season.
The vaunted Dallas defense gave up more yards passing this season than my embarrassing Texans defense.
Dallas gave up three more passing touchdowns than Houston.
After the Texans started so horribly, they went 6-7 over the next thirteen, Dallas went 7-6… a single game difference.
Dallas went 2-3 in their last five games, Houston went 3-2.
Debate those points all you want… things aren’t as rosy as you’d like them to be in Big D.

You better hope against all hopes that you can beat Seattle, or this will have been a disastrous last half of the season for your team. I think Parcells is gone either way, but if the SeaChickens beat you, get used to the idea of some changes.

Yeah, your team is in the playoffs and mine is not, and that sucks for us, but honestly, if Dallas can’t salvage a playoff win, I’m not so sure I would rather be in your shoes… my team finished the season on a distinct positive note, and if the Crygirls lose out, that’s more than can be said for your playoff team.

And by the way, DeMeco Ryans is a ****ing good line backer and won the Defensive Rookie of the Year Award. I Told You So.

I just felt like sharing that.

TexansLucky13
01-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Mommas don't let your babies grow up to be Cowgirls.... :shades:

Good response man!

Texan_Bill
01-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Nice!! Great post.

As someone else mentioned on another board... The Nancy Football Conference is generally weaker across the board...

Texian
01-03-2007, 05:45 PM
You should feel a whole lot better.

seveneventer
01-03-2007, 05:51 PM
I love it! Made my evening a little better!:highfive:

StarStruck
01-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Oh well, at least we remain foremost on the minds of many. That probably took a lot of thought to come up with such thorough comparisons. Thank you for your efforts.

Personally, I wish The Tuna would hang around a few more years, because I really like him, but if he does decide to retire I wish him well and thanks for coaching our team. Whatever happens, the Cowboys may slip a bit, but will ultimately land on their feet.

I don't have an ax to grind with the Texans, so I can sit around and wait for other little tidbits for my entertainment pleasure.

I agree that things aren't as rosy as we would like, heck, losing sucks. Who ever coined the phrase "it doesn't matter whether you win or lose, but its how you play the game" didn't come from the Cowboys camp.

PapaL
01-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Great stats! Great post.

Roughnecks
01-03-2007, 10:56 PM
And don't forget they coughed up the division lead to a team that was said to be done.

Double Barrel
01-03-2007, 11:06 PM
ummmm....stats are cool and all....but honestly, scoreboard is all that matters. I dislike the Cowboys, but they've whooped us this season, have a winning record, and are in the playoffs. That's just the cold hard truth. It's a good try at smack talk, but I don't feel it's strong enough of a case to be made. I'd trade their season with ours anytime.

I'm as proud to have DeMeco as anyone, and he gives me hope for the future, too. So you have nothing to be ashamed of from that perspective.

Besides, I learned long ago not to argue with Cowboys fans. Most of them are only around when the team wins. :shades:

michaelm
01-03-2007, 11:56 PM
ummmm....stats are cool and all....but honestly, scoreboard is all that matters. I dislike the Cowboys, but they've whooped us this season, have a winning record, and are in the playoffs. That's just the cold hard truth. It's a good try at smack talk, but I don't feel it's strong enough of a case to be made. I'd trade their season with ours anytime.

I'm as proud to have DeMeco as anyone, and he gives me hope for the future, too. So you have nothing to be ashamed of from that perspective.

Besides, I learned long ago not to argue with Cowboys fans. Most of them are only around when the team wins. :shades:

Agreed on all points, however, I will never pass up an opportunity to give a crygirl a dose of reality when it is in direct contradiction to the rosy fairytale they tend to paint for themselves. That certainly was the case here.

If it were a matter of a single season I might trade for theirs as well, but it isn't. It's the state and direction of both franchises, and I think I'll stand pat.

StarStruck
01-04-2007, 11:17 AM
It's the state and direction of both franchises, and I think I'll stand pat.

So will I.