PDA

View Full Version : Sherman GONE?!


Imatexanfan
01-02-2007, 09:13 PM
:secret: The Cardinals wasted little time embarking on their search for the team's seventh head coach since moving to Arizona in 1988.

Michael Bidwill and Rog Graves identified six candidates: Tennessee offensive coordinator Norm Chow, Houston assistant head coach Mike Sherman, Chicago defensive coordinator Ron Rivera, Indianapolis assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach Jim Caldwell, Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt and Steelers assistant head coach/offensive line coach Russ Grimm. Sherman's interview is scheduled for Thursday at the team's "remarkable" facility. :shades:

**Other interviews have yet to be scheduled.**

OzzO
01-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Eh. Not definte yet.

Scooter
01-02-2007, 09:17 PM
i'm wondering if we can get anything for some of "sherman's" players such as gado & flanagan if he were to get the head coaching job.

GuerillaBlack
01-02-2007, 09:18 PM
I hope Norm Chow goes to Arizona. For one, it would take him away from the Titans. Secondly, it could help Matt Leinhart in Arizona.

Ryan
01-02-2007, 09:18 PM
i doubt he would want to take that job, arizona is twelve times worse than the texans, and job security is not very high there.

Tulip
01-02-2007, 09:22 PM
That has to be one of the least attractive head coaching jobs in the league (the Raiders win that contest, though).

I think Sherman is pretty likely to get a head coaching job somewhere.

Toro
01-02-2007, 09:25 PM
That has to be one of the least attractive head coaching jobs in the league (the Raiders win that contest, though).


Tradition wise, you're dead on. However, in terms of the talent whoever replaces Green will have to work with, this job may be one of the more ENTICING jobs out there.

Getting to take over a team that plays in one of the best stadiums in sports, while working with talent such as James, Boldin, Fitzgerald and Leinart, in a town where there's sun 360 days out of the year isn't neccessarily a bad thing.

PoolMaster21
01-02-2007, 09:29 PM
:secret: The Cardinals wasted little time embarking on their search for the team's seventh head coach since moving to Arizona in 1988.

Michael Bidwill and Rog Graves identified six candidates: Tennessee offensive coordinator Norm Chow, Houston assistant head coach Mike Sherman, Chicago defensive coordinator Ron Rivera, Indianapolis assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach Jim Caldwell, Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt and Steelers assistant head coach/offensive line coach Russ Grimm. Sherman's interview is scheduled for Thursday at the team's "remarkable" facility. :shades:

**Other interviews have yet to be scheduled.**

Big Question - who becomes our OC when Sherman and Calhoun are gone? Baby Shanahan?

michaelm
01-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Big Question - who becomes our OC when Sherman and Calhoun are gone? Baby Shanahan?

Whoever was calling the shots for Boise St. last night would get my vote. lol

wwffan99tx
01-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Why would they want Sherman? According to 49% of these boards (the other 51% blame Carr) the O-line is why the Texans offense was so horrible and I believe Sherman was in charge of that unit.

PoolMaster21
01-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Why would they want Sherman? According to 49% of these boards (the other 51% blame Carr) the O-line is why the Texans offense was so horrible and I believe Sherman was in charge of that unit.

I've often read that Houston was a 1 year way-station for Sherman before returning to head coaching - he's well-respected, and the Packers' fall in 04/05 was due to injuries more than anything else. There are certainly more shoes to drop in the upcoming off-season!

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
01-02-2007, 10:19 PM
i doubt he would want to take that job, arizona is twelve times worse than the texans, and job security is not very high there.

Actually the Texans are the worst team in NFL History and will probably stay that way for a while...

Goldeagle
01-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Pete Carrel is in the mix as well.

As bad as our O-line is (and its bad), you can see that better coaching DID help them.

CowboysTexansFan
01-02-2007, 11:26 PM
I've often read that Houston was a 1 year way-station for Sherman before returning to head coaching - he's well-respected, and the Packers' fall in 04/05 was due to injuries more than anything else. There are certainly more shoes to drop in the upcoming off-season!


Agreed. He's an excellent coach who had a fine record at GB. What did him in were not only injuries, but also the fact that a lot of his personnel decisions were not perceived to be good (remember, he was also the GM at Green Bay). If he's the head coach and not the GM of a team, there's no reason why he can't be successful. Given his record at GB, he more than deserves a second chance.

Roughnecks
01-02-2007, 11:30 PM
I would say Chow he wanted Matt now he gets that chance.

TheOgre
01-03-2007, 08:11 AM
I would not be shocked if Sherman is one and done with us. This was an opportunity to help he buddy Kubiak with the transition from OC to HC. Now that he has done that, it is time for him to go find his own coaching job.


I personally like Mike Sherman. I think he got the shaft in GB. How many teams lose as many RB's and WR's as they did last year? I hope he gets a good gig and makes the most of it. I tip my hat to the man.

DayneBum
01-03-2007, 08:24 AM
i'm wondering if we can get anything for some of "sherman's" players such as gado & flanagan if he were to get the head coaching job.

something like what? If sherman is gone, so is Gado, Flanagan, and whoever else he bought over here from the Gpack. Those players are going with him.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
01-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Big Question - who becomes our OC when Sherman and Calhoun are gone? Baby Shanahan?

I hope CoachDent from the MB, dont know if he was realy doing it but in another post said he was going to apply for the job.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
01-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Saben on his way to bama, now the Fins need a coach also.

Mr. White
01-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Some opinions of my own about Sherman...based off of what I've seen on this board and seen on the field.

Troy Calhoun was OC in name only. I think that Sherman had a lot more input with the offense.

I think that the O-Line scrapped zone blocking early in the season and used Sherman's own style of blocking.

I don't think that he's done well enough as an HC or as an assistant to get another head coaching job.

:twocents:

William.carter
01-03-2007, 12:18 PM
I think it's Norm Chow all the way. They will give him the full court press because if anyone has the best chance of putting Linert into a winning offensive scheme it's him.

aj.
01-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Sherman is a proven winner as a HC in the NFL. If you've ever been around him, you know how he carries himself. His persona oozes leadership and professionalism in a personal and caring way. He would have to be the frontrunner in almost any of these openings.

Chow reminds me of the brain in the back room moreso than a general. Maybe that's just my perception though...

threetoedpete
01-03-2007, 12:49 PM
I hope Norm Chow goes to Arizona. For one, it would take him away from the Titans. Secondly, it could help Matt Leinhart in Arizona.

I gotta a feeling the Chow and Fischer are eyeing the LA situation very closely. I wouldn't be surprised if Chow bails on Vincent. He is what he is.