PDA

View Full Version : Some good points

El Tejano
01-02-2007, 12:32 PM
We just won 2 in a row and we wont be losing for several months. (that's funny)

Truth is though, Kubiak managed to get that two in a row alot faster than you know who previously.

We finished our home record 4-4 for the first time ever.

We went 6-7 after starting 0-3.

4 of our losses were by 6 points or less (Tenn twice, Giants, and Bills) we could've easily been 10-6.

I think we build on that and go.

Oh yeah: here are some people that I can think of right off the bat that I would like to see back. Ron Dayne, ND Kalu and call me crazy but Steve Mckinney.

Ron sounds like he wants to make us a winner and very unselfish.
Kalu has given this defense new things to shoot for and helped develop a winning attitude.
Mckinney can provide some solid OL help should he not start.

coachdent
01-02-2007, 12:34 PM
We just won 2 in a row and we wont be losing for several months. (that's funny)

Truth is though, Kubiak managed to get that two in a row alot faster than you know who previously.

We finished our home record 4-4 for the first time ever.

We went 6-7 after starting 0-3.

4 of our losses were by 6 points or less (Tenn twice, Giants, and Bills) we could've easily been 10-6.

I think we build on that and go.

Lots of positives to be optimistic about for sure. Not the embarrassing 2-14 of last year.

Scooter
01-02-2007, 12:57 PM
the biggest one is one you left out, we went 3-3 versus the division. to get into the playoffs, the first thing you have to do is be able to win against your division rivals and we did pretty well in that area. 5 turnovers and we still should've beat tenn. the first time, while taking them into overtime (possibly winning if we get the coin flip) the second time around should make our guys very confident that we can take control of the AFC South.

we also went 6-6 versus the AFC, if we can keep from face planting next year against the NFC (0-4) we're in good shape.

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
01-02-2007, 01:44 PM

And if I could jump higher I could dunk a basketball so what you lost the games - period.

Ole Miss Texan
01-02-2007, 02:01 PM
the biggest one is one you left out, we went 3-3 versus the division. to get into the playoffs, the first thing you have to do is be able to win against your division rivals and we did pretty well in that area. 5 turnovers and we still should've beat tenn. the first time, while taking them into overtime (possibly winning if we get the coin flip) the second time around should make our guys very confident that we can take control of the AFC South.

we also went 6-6 versus the AFC, if we can keep from face planting next year against the NFC (0-4) we're in good shape.

We play the NFC south next year.

Atlanta-nobody knows who they are. plus they'll have a new coach.
Carolina-didn't play as well as many thought they would this season, wonder what they will be like next.
New Orleans-Surprise story of the nfl this season. hopefully things calm down over there next season...at least when we play them.
Tampa Bay-finished worse than us. most beatable team in south.

I can see us ranging from 1-3 to 3-1 at best. against nfc south this next season. anyway it's better than last season against the east!

hobie
01-02-2007, 03:04 PM

Well that is true, but they also won 3 games by 3 points or less (Miami, Jax, and Indy, so they could have also been 2-13.

I like the optimistic approach better, but the Texans need alot of work, as I gotta say even though a win is a win, but I wanna see a win where it's not ugly. This team doesn't win games that are not ugly. Sometimes the ones they lose are better to watch than those they win.

But at least we the fans can go another 7 months knowing the Texans went into the offseason with a winning streak.....

Historyhorn
01-02-2007, 03:10 PM
We really are who we are. While we aren't the worst team in the league anymore, we are certainly not even in the same group as the contenders for the playoffs.

Anyone think this team is comparable to the Chiefs, Broncos, or Bengals?

We've got next year and then maybe another before we'll be in the running for a Wildcard in the final week.

Something to look forward to, but still a ways down the road.

Go Texans

Tulip
01-02-2007, 03:10 PM
I think Rick Smith may have a really good eye for solid cheap free agents. Which is much better than having a really good eye for questionable expensive free agents.

axman40
01-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Uncle Charlie is gone nuff said!

:shades:

shansmacker
01-02-2007, 06:34 PM
We really are who we are. While we aren't the worst team in the league anymore, we are certainly not even in the same group as the contenders for the playoffs.

Anyone think this team is comparable to the Chiefs, Broncos, or Bengals?

We've got next year and then maybe another before we'll be in the running for a Wildcard in the final week.

Something to look forward to, but still a ways down the road.

Go Texans

Were alot closer to being good than bad and who knows,one more good ofseason and we may be on our way.

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
01-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Uncle Charlie is gone nuff said!

:shades:

You still have Bobby McNair - big monkey on your back...

Sco-tai
01-03-2007, 01:38 AM
I think Rick Smith may have a really good eye for solid cheap free agents. Which is much better than having a really good eye for questionable expensive free agents.

PROBABLY one of the best comments I've read on this board.

shinerbock_girl
01-03-2007, 05:41 AM
One game we should have won was against the Bills...Thanks to Kubiaks conservative playing...

The Pencil Neck
01-03-2007, 10:50 AM
One game we should have won was against the Bills...Thanks to Kubiaks conservative playing...

Throwing a 3rd down pass with a guy that had completed 22 straight passes when the defense was probably expecting a run play to make sure the clock continued running? That wasn't a conservative call.

Now... the prevent defense... otoh...

HOU-TEX
01-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Throwing a 3rd down pass with a guy that had completed 22 straight passes when the defense was probably expecting a run play to make sure the clock continued running? That wasn't a conservative call.

Now... the prevent defense... otoh...

I agree! Urgh! I can't stand the prevent! If there was anything conservative, it was on the DC.

threetoedpete
01-03-2007, 12:57 PM

OR...our tallent is so sucky...that street free agents can replace them with no apreciable drop off in play ? I like the half full thingy better. Just saying . before the 13-3 posters get reved up for '07.