PDA

View Full Version : Dom Davis/Williams plans comeback in 2007

prostock101
01-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Article on espn.com pretty much states it all.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2716848

With DDW coming back, Dayne having a breakout year, and with Taylor, Lundy, and Gado in the wings seems we have a crowded RB situation. A nice problem to have I suppose, but who do we keep?

With all things being perfect, I'd like to see a DDW/Dayne combo with Taylor in the wings. I liked Taylor a little more than Lundy and Gado didn't show me much.

Any comments?

coachdent
01-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Article on espn.com pretty much states it all.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2716848

With DDW coming back, Dayne having a breakout year, and with Taylor, Lundy, and Gado in the wings seems we have a crowded RB situation. A nice problem to have I suppose, but who do we keep?

With all things being perfect, I'd like to see a DDW/Dayne combo with Taylor in the wings. I liked Taylor a little more than Lundy and Gado didn't show me much.

Any comments?

Gone:

Gado
Lundy
Jamel Cook

If Davis is truly healthy...and I mean he is saying that he is 100% at the time of the draft...then I don't draft Adrian Peterson. But we had better bring in a viable free agent running back who is better than Taylor and Dayne because if DD can't go, we don't want to be in the same situation next year.

Taylor hurts you in the pass game because he is a little light in the pants to stay in and block.

Would love to see Turner in here from San Diego if DD cannot go too.

A healhy DD
Adrian Peterson
Turner

Any of those scenarios and I'm happy with our RB situation.

prostock101
01-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Gone:

Gado
Lundy
Jamel Cook

If Davis is truly healthy...and I mean he is saying that he is 100% at the time of the draft...then I don't draft Adrian Peterson. But we had better bring in a viable free agent running back who is better than Taylor and Dayne because if DD can't go, we don't want to be in the same situation next year.

Taylor hurts you in the pass game because he is a little light in the pants to stay in and block.

A healhy DD
Adrian Peterson
Turner

Michael Turner gets my vote. He'd be a great asset. I think he's a RFA?

aggieNzona
01-02-2007, 11:55 AM
It is incouraging to hear him sound like he want's to play. Some of his earlier comments made it sound like he was fine if he never played again.

Malloy
01-02-2007, 12:00 PM
But we had better bring in a viable free agent running back who is better than Taylor and Dayne because if DD can't go, we don't want to be in the same situation next year.

Kubiaks monday press conference sorta hinted this, he mentioned something about not wanting to be dependant on injured players getting better.

brewhaus
01-02-2007, 12:01 PM
It is incouraging to hear him sound like he want's to play. Some of his earlier comments made it sound like he was fine if he never played again.

You're right......I liked what I heard him say myself. It sounds like DW has some good things going on in his life right now and has from what I read, established his family as a top priority in his life. It is good to hear this about him and makes me hopeful he will be able to return. "That is something I would not have said when the season began this past year".

Trenches
01-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Michael Turner gets my vote. He'd be a great asset. I think he's a RFA?

yes. chargers can slap a 1st round or 1st and 3rd round tender on him. no way a team in the top half of the draft touches that.

brewhaus
01-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Kubiaks monday press conference sorta hinted this, he mentioned something about not wanting to be dependant on injured players getting better.

So......maybe the Texans are going to take a shot at Clinton Portis?

Trenches
01-02-2007, 12:05 PM
how about Cedric Benson?

real
01-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Gone:

Taylor is 5'11", 220 lbs....

That's not all that "light in the pants"...

tulexan
01-02-2007, 12:07 PM
I have doubts about Davis/Williams ever seeing the field again.

yourfavoritetexan42
01-02-2007, 12:09 PM
This is the first good problem the texans have had. Too much talent at one position...

real
01-02-2007, 12:16 PM
"A new name, a new haircut, new clothes -- let's hope he has a new knee," Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson joked upon hearing the news.

Funny...

El Tejano
01-02-2007, 12:22 PM
IMO you treat Dom like a rookie FA that came on to the squad because this is a new scheme, and new staff. Sure you want him hear but you also want a better team and you need to make sure that if DW is not okay, you aren't going to miss a step.

With us being #8, DW coming back, Ron Dayne playing hard, you can pretty much kiss a RB in round 1 goodbye.

Homer
01-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Good for him. I hope he makes it back, but I think you have to draft like he won't.

HeartofHouston
01-02-2007, 01:15 PM
1st - Dayne vs Taylor
(Both have shown the ability to thrive in this offensive system. Should be an interesting battle during this off-season)

2nd - Loser of The Battle (Dayne vs Taylor)
(Whoever doesnt win this battle should still be in the mix in my opinion Dayne has great strength and vision, Taylor has great speed and good vision)

3rd - Domanick Davis-Williams
(Coming off an injury that side-lined him for the year he is obvious not ready to carry the full load again. So we'll have to bring him back slowly but when this time away I'm not sure if he'll end up more than a relief back but I could be wrong)

Vinny
01-02-2007, 01:18 PM
If Dom B Free comes back we need to use him as a 3rd down back only since he isn't durable. No way I'd make him a feature back at this point in his career and with his history.

real
01-02-2007, 01:29 PM
3rd - Domanick Davis-Williams
(Coming off an injury that side-lined him for the year he is obvious not ready to carry the full load again. So we'll have to bring him back slowly but when this time away I'm not sure if he'll end up more than a relief back but I could be wrong)

I'd rather have Lundy or Gado be the third back....

DD has missed over a year of football....It was reported that his knee was bone on bone....DD is in prove yourself mode...I seriously doubt he walks in as the third back, if he is even on the roster period....

HOU-TEX
01-02-2007, 01:31 PM
If Dom B Free comes back we need to use him as a 3rd down back only since he isn't durable. No way I'd make him a feature back at this point in his career and with his history.

IMO, That sure is alot of money tied up in a 3rd down back. Personally, I'd get rid of him even if he was able to come back.:)

Vinny
01-02-2007, 01:32 PM
IMO, That sure is alot of money tied up in a 3rd down back. Personally, I'd get rid of him even if he was able to come back.:)talent is talent....something we don't have enough of around here and he is the most talened back we have on the roster if healthy. If he can play, I play him, but I don't over use him.

edo783
01-02-2007, 01:34 PM

I agree. To count on DD/DW would be a mistake. I think Kubes pretty much said they already did that with him last year and it bit them in the butt.

Trenches
01-02-2007, 01:37 PM
then there is this:

Denver Post's Bill Williamson believes Tatum Bell may not be back with the team in 2007.

At the very least, Bell looks unlikely to be the team's starter again. And if a new starter is brought in and Mike Bell is the backup, Tatum could have a limited role. Houston could be interested in bringing Tatum in via trade.

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
01-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Great you passed on Bush last year for the same reasons and now you are going to pass on Peterson too - say hello last place AGAIN...

El Tejano
01-02-2007, 02:00 PM
What if we get Portis?

swtbound07
01-02-2007, 02:02 PM
I hate to beat a dead horse, and I know i've said this before..but guys.....and you can quote me on this. Dominack Davis/Williams/akbar Shabazz Jenkins will never play another down of football in the nfl. I wish it weren't so.

TexansFanatic
01-02-2007, 02:28 PM
I hate to beat a dead horse, and I know i've said this before..but guys.....and you can quote me on this. Dominack Davis/Williams/akbar Shabazz Jenkins will never play another down of football in the nfl. I wish it weren't so.

I agree with you SWT. We've heard Dom's song and dance before. As stated in the article:

"He returned for training camp and declared himself healthy, but soon stopped practicing because of what coaches called a bone bruise in his knee."

He declared himself healthy and then refused to play. We need an upgrade at the running back position or we'll have the same crappy running game again next year...

A Texan
01-02-2007, 03:31 PM
talent is talent....something we don't have enough of around here and he is the most talened back we have on the roster if healthy. If he can play, I play him, but I don't over use him.
Vinny has the right idea. Domanick should be welcomed back, but hopefully we have some other backs that can help DW out. From what I know about Domanick, I don't think he would take himself out unless there was a very good reason. He's been as frustrated about the layoff as anybody.
And evertime a player has an extended time off, a lot of people want to say it's over for him. I guess it's because of the Boselli thing, right?

Nawzer
01-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Hope Domanick Williams (sounds funny to me) recovers and is able to play football for us once again. But there is no way I'm counting on him to return healthy and it's imperative that we find running back who will carry the load at that position. Domanick is a good back but even if he's healthy I'm not sure how effective he will be because of the time he's missed and his mindset. It's absolutely important that we have a really good not average running game. Everything in this offense comes off of the running game and we saw that the whole season. If we weren't able to run we got our heads handed to us. And when we ran it good we beat a team like the Colts.

pittbull
01-03-2007, 11:03 PM
I noticed this when looking at the team info. When did he make the change and did he site a reason for the change? The lastname is now Williams and the jersey number is #31. Anyone have any info?

Scooter
01-03-2007, 11:12 PM
http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=33545

Bullpen Drew
01-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Is this true that he changed his last name to Williams???
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/6333160

valleytexfan
01-04-2007, 07:11 PM
...THIS JUST IN!!!:shades:

Ryan
01-04-2007, 07:18 PM
that's stupid...kind of like petey faggins

tulexan
01-04-2007, 07:20 PM
There is a thread about this somewhere, but yes he did change his name and number. This probably won't affect any jerseys because I don't think he is going to make the team, but it potentially will affect his going from Davis 37 to D. Williams 31 and Mario's going from Williams 90 to M. Williams 90.

Bullpen Drew
01-04-2007, 09:38 PM
it's true it is on the roster!

Anyone know why??

mexican_texan
01-04-2007, 09:39 PM
There's a topic already, check the other pages.

Trap_Star
01-04-2007, 09:42 PM
http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=33545:shades:

wolfscar
01-05-2007, 08:33 AM
it's true it is on the roster!

Anyone know why??

It's his mother's maiden name - I'm guessing he's not a big fan of his dad.

Tayton
01-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Does anyone think that Lynch might be a better pick than Petersen?

Errant Hothy
01-05-2007, 10:31 AM

<Looks down at sig...could be.

tulexan
01-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Just wait for the "Lynch is a thug" posts that we are destined to see on this board because he is from Oakland and has gold teeth.

That should be fun.

Osso
01-05-2007, 12:36 PM

holy crap...I'm in love...can we get him?

http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/marshawn/

DocBar
01-05-2007, 04:24 PM
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if the Texans could trade DW while he's healthy enough to pass a physical. It might not be feasible, but it seems like a much better idea than anything I've seen posted here. May have to eat some salary, but we'll do that in his injury settlement. If DW DOES retire/reaches an injury settlement, what affect does that have on our salary cap?

Ryan
01-05-2007, 06:24 PM
i hope he changes his name back

thunderkyss
01-05-2007, 07:08 PM
I personally could give a crap what color Leach's teeth are. If him or Peterson are still available how could you pass either of them? Gado,lundy are gone and I don't know if you can trust Davis- I mean William's "hear say". Get one of these guys and let him and Taylor fight for the start and let the Dayne Trayne be the clean-up man. I think youth+health = dependability at starting R.B.

I was actually thinking we should use that #8 pick on a CB..... maybe a safety. to help our Defense, and our chances of winning. I know Kubiak & his experience in Denver shows that it is more rare to find world class talent at the CB position, than it is to find it at the RB position.

But then I was watching LT's highlights from his MVP thing on ESPN.... no....... you don't pass on that.

If AD or Lynch can contribute like that, or at least if Kubiak, Smith & their team of scouts think they can contribute like that, then I'm all for it. But if he's going to be Stephen Jackson, or Frank Gore... then we can pass on that... pick it up with the 30th pick or something..... Joseph Adai for instance.

But I honestly believe year two with our ZBS will be very productive for whoever our RB will be.

Trap_Star
01-05-2007, 07:14 PM
I was actually thinking we should use that #8 pick on a CB..... maybe a safety. to help our Defense, and our chances of winning. I know Kubiak & his experience in Denver shows that it is more rare to find world class talent at the CB position, than it is to find it at the RB position.

But then I was watching LT's highlights from his MVP thing on ESPN.... no....... you don't pass on that.

If AD or Lynch can contribute like that, or at least if Kubiak, Smith & their team of scouts think they can contribute like that, then I'm all for it. But if he's going to be Stephen Jackson, or Frank Gore... then we can pass on that... pick it up with the 30th pick or something..... Joseph Adai for instance.

But I honestly believe year two with our ZBS will be very productive for whoever our RB will be.

I agree. I would only consider a rb in the 1st if he is big-time playmaker, not just an above average college rb...

tulexan
01-05-2007, 10:42 PM

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't pass on another Frank Gore if I had the chance.

thunderkyss
01-05-2007, 11:33 PM
I don't know about you, but I wouldn't pass on another Frank Gore if I had the chance.

Looking back...... no, it's kinda hard. But his situation a couple years back. I can see passing on him.

Same with AD. I know he didn't blow out a knee or anything, but we haven't had one running back stay healthy for very long here in Houston. Dayne was hurt against cleveland.... DD..... well, you know.

But like I said..... if he turns out to have a year like Frank Gore's...

Malloy
01-06-2007, 04:15 AM

Just watched the Lynch video. Nice acceleration, awesome moves and REAL GOOD vision. His body does seem kinda wierd, fairly large upper body, but kinda small legs. Will he be able to pump a few more yards out of them with a DB hanging on his behind?

He looks good, I especially like his vision down the field.

NATHANHALE
01-06-2007, 07:59 AM

IMO, this is the only way to go, as this team has been 'bitten' too many times by counting on injured players to come back. It started with Boselli and BJ and Mack and Walker and several more who not only were out injured but never even returned to the field...

It's tough for me to see how DD can play with a knee that is bone on bone and said last year he a)won't play with pain or play until his knee b) feels like it use to...

tulexan
01-06-2007, 09:33 AM
What I like about the video is that he doesn't stop running and seems to break a lot of tackles.

QB75
01-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Domanick isn't coming back.

Untamed Guerillaz
01-06-2007, 11:07 AM
how about Cedric Benson?

i would like to have cedric benson instead of any other running back with a combo of taylor in the back field .......just my opinion

MrMeToo
01-06-2007, 11:50 AM

My prediction also...

shinerbock_girl
01-06-2007, 11:56 AM

And it makes me wonder, if he does, will he ever be the same....I miss that guy, and i'm having a hard time with that name change..

Koolaid Time
01-06-2007, 12:17 PM
talent is talent....something we don't have enough of around here and he is the most talened back we have on the roster if healthy. If he can play, I play him, but I don't over use him.

Last time I heard DD/W's knee injury was the result of a hereditary, degenerative knee condition, that he was rubbing bone on bone, and that he would retire and negotiate a salary settlement.

Or did DD/W visit Col. Steve Austin and decide to borrow one of his bionic legs for next season?

Its either one of two situations: He is looking through rose colored glasses-- these types of injuries don't just heal with rest. Realistically, I don’t think you can use him just as a third down back because I don’t think he can make it through a full season of practices, much less games.

Or this "come back" is just all "talk" to pump up the salary settlement? :thumbdown

There is nothing dishonorable in retirement in a situation like this. :twocents:

texan_fan_8
01-06-2007, 06:34 PM
get rid of him, draft peterson, and let dayne/lundy/ taylor duke it out.

I didn't like Davis/Williams attitude of not playing after the doctors told him he was fine and frankly that's the whole problem bad attitudes, egos and coddling. This is a foot ball team not a daycare center.

TEXANRED
01-06-2007, 10:21 PM

Well this is a clash of Magic 8 balls cus mine is telling me he will be back.

GuerillaBlack
01-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Wasn't he like this last year until training camp? Running backs come and go, and DW is going to probably have to go.

UzaHO
01-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Does it really matter which RB we choose to get if our line still needs to be shored up? You can put an all star behind a crappy line & still get crappy results. Unless we are playing both the Jags & the Colts on a rotating schedule, we have WAY TOO many holes to fill on our team. I say take the best player avail when we get to draft day. I am excited to see Rick Smith go thru a draft for us especially since he did a hell of a job picking up street free agents this year. I have more trust in this regime than the last....

TopTexanFan16
01-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Gone:

Gado
Lundy
Jamel Cook

A healhy DD
Adrian Peterson
Turner

Taylors weight is at 220lbs while daynes is at 245 and DD or williams is at 216. i dont think taylors weight has anything to do with pass blocking, very well capable

tulexan
01-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Does it really matter which RB we choose to get if our line still needs to be shored up? You can put an all star behind a crappy line & still get crappy results. Unless we are playing both the Jags & the Colts on a rotating schedule, we have WAY TOO many holes to fill on our team. I say take the best player avail when we get to draft day. I am excited to see Rick Smith go thru a draft for us especially since he did a hell of a job picking up street free agents this year. I have more trust in this regime than the last....

Someone must have forgot to tell LaDainian Tomlinson about that.

South Texan
01-08-2007, 06:22 PM
I seem to remember something about Kubiak saying Taylor has tremendous potential, just needed to change a few bad habits (Like putting the ball on the ground).

I agree with those that say we will have the Great Dayne, Taylor and ????????? next year, and yeah, Lynch looks really good. Maybe they passed on Bush cause they were sure we would get Lynch. Right.

Best senario I see is Dom D/W able to play near 100% for 6 to 8 games, with Taylor getting some work and improving by leaps and bounds, and Dayne in as a short yardage power back.

MightyTExan
01-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Davis/Willliams could never pick up a blitz- let him go. Where is Taylor from. He looked prety good in the last game.

coachdent
01-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Someone must have forgot to tell LaDainian Tomlinson about that.

San Diego's offensive line is pretty good.

Marcus McNeill is an absolute stud rookie left tackle.

The rest of the oline has been together for basically three years and have been healthy. To say that their offensive line is not good is simply ridiculous.

tulexan
01-08-2007, 11:50 PM
San Diego's offensive line is pretty good.

Marcus McNeill is an absolute stud rookie left tackle.

The rest of the oline has been together for basically three years and have been healthy. To say that their offensive line is not good is simply ridiculous.

LaDainian Tomlinson had one of the worst offensive lines for the first few years of his career.

mexican_texan
01-08-2007, 11:52 PM
Domanick was cleared to play, it was just whether he was willing to play. By what I've read, he seems to have the will to play. Time will tell, but working against Mario and DeMeco should give him a fair assessment of what to expect to face.

prostock101
01-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Just heard Michael Bush declared for the draft. He broke his leg in Sept. and hasn't even started rehab yet. Depending on his progress he's projected to go anywhere from the 1st to the 3rd round. From what little I saw of him I liked. If he fell to 3rd round do we consider him?

SLO Texan
01-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Just heard Michael Bush declared for the draft. He broke his leg in Sept. and hasn't even started rehab yet. Depending on his progress he's projected to go anywhere from the 1st to the 3rd round. From what little I saw of him I liked. If he fell to 3rd round do we consider him?

I've heard alot of good things about him too....but if he has'nt even started rehab yet that means we wont know how well he's healed by the draft. Most likely we won't look at him as there are alot of RBs in the draft this year. I'd rather look at ones with out a pre existing injury personally.

Plus we already have one RB with a big ? over his head, we don't need two. On that note, I really hope DW comes back strong. That would be awesome!!!

dantem
01-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Taylor didn't get to play much this year because he fumbled the ball too much in pre season. Then at the end of the season, he came in for 1-2 games and fumbled again. I don't know how that will play out next year.

Andrew6
01-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Ummmmm ok soo.... havn't heard anything about DD all year. Now we hear his new last name is WIlliams... alrighty I'm down with that. If it makes the team better David Carr can change his last name to Williams too.

eriadoc
01-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Domanick

has no meniscus. "Bone on bone" means the femur and tibia are contacting each other. Like no shocks on a car.

http://www.yourdictionary.com/images/ahd/jpg/A4menisc.jpg

SESupergenius
01-10-2007, 03:04 PM
whaaaa....nothing a little duct tape can't fix. What's all the whining about?

SLO Texan
01-10-2007, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=eriadoc;569020]Domanick

has no meniscus. "Bone on bone" means the femur and tibia are contacting each other. Like no shocks on a car.

QUOTE]

Absolutely NONE, nada, as in he is finito?

If that's the word then what's he so confident for? I would think he has to have some reminance of either the lateral or medial meniscus in order to even be considering coming back.

And why have'nt they invented some artificial replacement meniscus yet? I'm not a doctor so feel free to lay some knowledge on me if you've got it...

eriadoc
01-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Absolutely NONE, nada, as in he is finito?

If that's the word then what's he so confident for? I would think he has to have some reminance of either the lateral or medial meniscus in order to even be considering coming back.

And why have'nt they invented some artificial replacement meniscus yet? I'm not a doctor so feel free to lay some knowledge on me if you've got it...

I'm not a doctor, but I do have some knee problems of my own. I am sure he has some meniscus, obviously, but if it was in bad enough condition for the doctors to say it was bone on bone, I can't see how he'll make it back to the football field.

On the other hand, I am not sure I've ever really seen a quote froma doctor saying that, so this is all speculation on various news reports, posts here, and quotes from DD, the coaches, and whoever else. So take it all with a pitcher of salt. None of us really know what's wrong with him, but the reports this past TC talked about his meniscus and how his knee was bone on bone.

There was an orthopedic doctor that posted on here some during that time, however. IIRC, he said there was an issue with artificial replacements of the meniscus. Maybe he'll post it up again.

Errant Hothy
01-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Domanick

Looking at that picture and imagining just walking without the meniscuses (meniscusi?) just make me cringe, I can't see how anybody could play football on knee's like that.

prostock101
01-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Domanick

http://www.yourdictionary.com/images/ahd/jpg/A4menisc.jpg

I remember Curtis Martin with the Jets saying his knee was "bone on bone". Been on IR all year and now saying his career is over.

U4ikrob
01-10-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm sure most of you have seen the interview Dom did on the first, but in case you have not he had some comments about the future and his knee that seemed positive.

http://www.houstontexans.com/texans_tv/?section=Multimedia

1/1 - Dom on the mend

Q&A with Dominick Williams

Q: On looking toward 2007

A: It's going good, Its going good. I had all the time I needed. And um.. Like I said most of the guys are checking out - I'm really checking in. And I'm going to be waiting on everybody else. I know I'm going to do everything I have to do to get myself back out on the field. And Its going great right now

Q: On his injured knee

A: I wouldn’t say 100%. I mean but, its close – and its on its way. And its going real good. I mean, My knee is allowing me to lift heavy weight, without swelling up and that was one of the biggest problems that I had. And umm its just going real great

tulexan
01-10-2007, 06:01 PM
I don't care if he can lift heavy weights. Can he practice for a whole week and then run hard for 60 minutes when its game time for 16 weeks. If the answer is no (and I suspect it is) then I don't want to waste our time with him when we can upgrade with a younger, healthier, and more explosive player.

Koolaid Time
01-10-2007, 09:39 PM
I remember Curtis Martin with the Jets saying his knee was "bone on bone". Been on IR all year and now saying his career is over.

I heard last summer that D D\W was suffering from a HEREDITARY DEGENERATIVE knee problem. It was “bone on bone” last summer.

Stuff like that you don’t come back from…

TEXANRED
01-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Am I missing something? D-Dub was on IR last year to heal a leg that has been abused for lost causes over the last few years. Yes he took some time to heal himself instead of rushing back and destroying his knee even further.

I think most on this board do not realize D-Dub's importance to the Texans.

2003-Rookie Season, started half season behind Mack.
1031 rushing yards. 8 rushing TD's.

2004-1188 rushing yards 13 rushing TD's
377 receiving yards 4 receiving TD's

2005-His hurt leg season. 976 rushing yards, 2 rushing TD's

Lets compare D-Dub to the 4 man starting rotation.

Dayne
Lundy
Taylor
Gado

Four starting running backs amassing an astounding 1428 rushing yards and 11 rushing TD's, 401 receiving yards and 0 receiving TD's. Look out boys that stats a blistering hot!

I am a huge fan of D-Dub's. If he says that he is lifting and feeling good and running and the knee is holding up, fan-F'n-tastic! I believe in him and he has my full support. Don't forget this is a positive sign.

No back in the league that touches the ball as much as D-Dub is durable. Priest Holmes, Bryan Westbrook, Ricky Williams......LT is the exception.....

I have faith in D-Dub that he will make a return and the Texans will improve a 100%.

But that is just my two cents.

Koolaid Time
01-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Am I missing something? D-Dub was on IR last year to heal a leg that has been abused for lost causes over the last few years. Yes he took some time to heal himself instead of rushing back and destroying his knee even further.

Dayne
Lundy
Taylor
Gado

Four starting running backs amassing an astounding 1428 rushing yards and 11 rushing TD's, 401 receiving yards and 0 receiving TD's. Look out boys that stats a blistering hot!

I am a huge fan of D-Dub's. If he says that he is lifting and feeling good and running and the knee is holding up, fan-F'n-tastic! I believe in him and he has my full support. Don't forget this is a positive sign.

No back in the league that touches the ball as much as D-Dub is durable. Priest Holmes, Bryan Westbrook, Ricky Williams......LT is the exception.....

I have faith in D-Dub that he will make a return and the Texans will improve a 100%.

It was in the Chronicle, ESPN, Spoting News last summer..DD's injury is a hereditary degenerative disease in which his knee cartilage deteriorates.

thunderkyss
01-11-2007, 11:51 AM
It was in the Chronicle, ESPN, Spoting News last summer..DD's injury is a hereditary degenerative disease in which his knee cartilage deteriorates.

No it wasn't

Koolaid Time
01-11-2007, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=thunderkyss;569928]No it wasn't[/QUOTE

Google it and see for yourself

TEXANRED
01-11-2007, 09:16 PM

I am not arguing against that. I just think its funny that most people continue to look for that special player that will get us to the next level, when in fact we already have him, D-Dub.

He is a remarkable player. I believe a backfield that has Dayne and Taylor in it can take enough load off of D-Dub that he will have a long, healthy, productive year.

I just feel that out of everything that he has meant to this team that we as a fan base owe him a little loyalty and support before we go off and declare him dead.

Thats just my thought on the matter.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-11-2007, 10:01 PM
If Domanick Williams comes back next season, it will be no more than as a 3rd down back. His days of carrying the load are over.

AustinJB
01-11-2007, 10:20 PM

Dayne
Lundy
Taylor
Gado

I completely agree that DD was the man and was never given enought credit, but I seriously have my doubts about whether or not he can return and contribute as much as he did the last few years.

With that being said, you can never count him out. This is the same guy that was supposed to be nothing more than a return man, remember?

real
01-12-2007, 09:46 AM

From all the reports about the condition of his knee I find it extremely hard to believe that he'll be back...

But keep hope alive brutha!!

:pigfly:

Meisterman
01-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Comebacks....lets see....Boselli.....Joppru.....Davis/Williams....

I see a trend here....:pigfly:

TexansSB07
01-15-2007, 10:53 AM
IF DDW comes back (and no one seems to know), I think we should keep Dayne,DDW and Taylor. Iloved Lundy in preseason but once regular season went off, he just seemed to disappear

El Tejano
01-15-2007, 11:14 AM
There is some trade bait in those RB. Some.

DoCt3rJ
01-17-2007, 06:11 PM
I'd keep Dayne only for short yardage situations.

Silver Oak
01-18-2007, 07:07 AM
Doesn't matter what we think on here about the situation.

The Texans coaches and front office will confer with the team doctors and DW's doc, and arrive at their own conclusion on whether to invite DW to camp or cut him loose.

I hope he doesn't have a career ending problem though....

Brandon420tx
01-18-2007, 09:42 AM
I'd keep Dayne only for short yardage situations.

I think that Kubiak will use RBs this season the same way he did last season, have the starter go a few drives, then depending on the health/effectiveness of those drives he will go to his #2 running back, then he'll keep playing the most effective. I think that helps build steam in the running backs for them to do whole drives instead of just going in for certain plays and it also helps to break down the defense and makes it harder to gameplan against certain situations depending on whos in the backfield.

cj5776
01-18-2007, 10:47 AM
Comebacks....lets see....Boselli.....Joppru.....Davis/Williams....

I see a trend here....:pigfly:

Joppru was the #3 TE for the Seahawks and active for thier playoff loss. He didn't have any catches but just the fact that he was on the active roster is neat to see.

I have hope in the fact DW's knee is not swelling. Yeah I think his days of being a feature back are done at least not in 07, but him and Dayne are a nice supporting cast for a rookie and FA pickup. Plus having Lundy and Taylor on the practice squad to season up a little finally gives the team depth.

swtbound07
01-18-2007, 11:05 AM
he will never play another down in the NFL. He's done, and has been done for quite some time. This is not speculation.

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
01-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Let's see you passed on Bush b/c Dominick (insert name here - any name will do) was "ready" - Not!

Then you pass on VY - enough said...

Now the a55 clowns that run the Pop Warner team aka the Texans will more than likley pass on AP becasue Dominick What's his name may be back?

Please guys prove to the world again what a crappy organiztion the Texans are!

jmlockett
01-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Trade Dd for some other need and draft peterson I am scared that he is now damaged goods

dirty steve
01-18-2007, 10:28 PM
who would give up anything of value for Williams? he might have changed his name and number, but he still has that same bum knee that will only get worse the more he plays.

royce1054
01-21-2007, 01:38 PM
The way i see it is DW is gone. If he does come back i think he would sit on the side line and give advice kinda thing. If hes talking about family and all that tells me hes not taking his rehab 100% seriously. As someone who has some knee problems myself i know you have to be fully committed to coming back or else it wont happen.

Now for the other RB's
Gado didnt show me anything last season so i dont believe he is going to be coming back.
Dayne will be resigned.
Taylor i believe is 50/50 on returning.
Lundy needs to do some major off-season training to prove he wants to be a starter. For some reason i seriously believe he will rise to the occasion and work his @$$ off and come back next season wanting to be the starter.

As for draft. Passing on Darnelle Revis or Leron Landry would be a huge mistake. Last season could of atleast 1 more game if not 2 if our secondary would of had real NFL talent. Thats what 7-9 or 8-8 season which is what most of us wanted or expected. As for Lynch or AP its a waste when we can go out and get 1 of these FA RB who are FA.
Chris Brown - UFA
Dee Brown - UFA
Correll Buckhalter - UFA
Najeh Davenport - UFA
Stephen Davis - UFA
Ron Dayne - UFA
Tony Fisher - UFA
Samkon Gado - ERFA
Ahman Green - UFA
Arlen Harris - UFA
Maurice Hicks - RFA
Reno Mahe - UFA
Travis Minor - UFA
Sammy Morris - UFA
James Mungro - UFA
Chris Perry - RFA?
Artose Pinner - RFA
Dominic Rhodes - UFA
Marcel Shipp - UFA
Musa Smith - UFA
Anthony Thomas - UFA
LaBrandon Toefield - UFA
Michael Turner - RFA
Kenny Watson - UFA

thanks to a friend on another website he posted some players who might be traded.. this is just a list at some other options we might have.. I am not saying we will

Players that may be traded or released in the offseason:

Kevan Barlow - May be forced out by youngsters like Leon Washington, Cedric Houston, and/or a draft pick. If Curtis Martin somehow returns the numbers might work against Barlow.

Derrick Blaylock - See Barlow. Doubtful that both go.

Reuben Droughns - Due a roster bonus of about $2 million. Small base salary, though. Disappointing season. Missed some time.

Travis Henry - Has done pretty well this season, but his contract has a $4 million option this offseason. Recent reports say that the Titans would like to have him back, just not for that much.

Julius Jones - Outperformed by Marion Barber III. Not a bad season overall.

Kevin Jones - Has underperformed since his rookie season. Some injuries. Coming off of a season-ending Lisfranc injury. May not be healthy until halfway through 2007.

Thomas Jones - Cedric Benson was drafted to be the starter. Although Lovie Smith has made it work so far.

LaMont Jordan - Two disappoint seasons in Oakland. Nagged by injuries. May be due a $3 million roster bonus. Not that much considering his base salary is $1 million.

Jamal Lewis - Due a $4 or 5 million dollar roster bonus. Has a cap number of roughly $11 million. Did look more like his old self this season with McNair taking some of the pressure off the run game.

Clinton Portis - Washington recently signed Ladell Betts to a long-term deal. Betts showed that he may be capable of being a pretty good starter. T.J. Duckett is still also around. Portis is coming off of shoulder and hand injuries in 2006.

Fred Taylor - Maurice Jones-Drew has shown that he is more than just a scat back and returner. Taylor drew Jack Del Rio's ire last offseason when he chose to work out alone. With one season remaining on his current contract Taylor wants to be paid like a Pro Bowl player despite never being nominated to the game.

A Texan
01-21-2007, 08:02 PM
I heard last summer that D D\W was suffering from a HEREDITARY DEGENERATIVE knee problem. It was “bone on bone” last summer.

Stuff like that you don’t come back from…

I feel pretty certain that the Texans are not lying to us about player conditions. They have never said anything about "bone on bone" or used the word "degenerative" when speaking about DW. Smith has already said he thinks DW will be back. I'd rather listen to them than fantasy football sites.

cj5776
01-22-2007, 02:03 PM
I totaly agree, I don't think enough has been made of the swelling that is no longer there from his workouts. Even though the workouts are not of a training camp intensity level, there is still reason for hope. I would like to see him and Dayne form a group of rbs with a FA and a rookie. Those four would finally give the team depth. The second round should have good options with Pittman, Irons, and Darby all being solid canidates. As far as the FA rb I am thinking of Green, Rhodes, or Buckholter

TexansTrueFan
01-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Dom is a VERY talented running back, and lets not forget his first 2 season which he ran for over 1,000 yds in both, and was only 76 yards away from making it 3 consecutive 1,000 yrd seasons before he got hurt in 2005. He may have a little rust, but IF he is as healthy as he is talking than i think he will have the job in 07. Plus he is a very good reciever out of the back field, which isnt such a bad thing.

tulexan
01-23-2007, 05:53 PM
I totaly agree, I don't think enough has been made of the swelling that is no longer there from his workouts. Even though the workouts are not of a training camp intensity level, there is still reason for hope. I would like to see him and Dayne form a group of rbs with a FA and a rookie. Those four would finally give the team depth. The second round should have good options with Pittman, Irons, and Darby all being solid canidates. As far as the FA rb I am thinking of Green, Rhodes, or Buckholter

He is done. There is a huge difference between no swelling from lifting heavy weights and no swelling after a full training camp, full preseason, and a full regular season where you can practice every day.

Double Barrel
01-23-2007, 05:58 PM
IF DW tries to come back, it should be with a restructured contract. No way should the Texans pay him $3 million+ for the 2007 season. Dude hasn't played football in a year and a half, and he has serious injury issues. If he is unwilling to renegotiate, trade or cut him.

QB75
01-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Well this is a clash of Magic 8 balls cus mine is telling me he will be back.

Well, you are wrong.

TEXANRED
01-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Well, you are wrong.

Na ah, you are! Pootty head!

edo783
01-29-2007, 10:24 PM
IMO, the odds are very high that DD/DW will not be back. I look for some sort of retirement/medical settlement thing to happen and for DD/DW to ride off into the sunset. He did good things for the team, but sometime injuries are just what they are and you can't change their effects.

immabullsfan
01-31-2007, 08:56 AM
I Say We Take Peterson...if Domanick Comes Back 100% Then Great...we've Got A 2 Back Combo In Peterson, And Davis, And We've Still Got A Utility Back In Dayne...and In Case Some One's Injured, Dayne Can Come In As A Third Down Back....now The Bulls Will Have No Flaws With The Running Game...and Back Up Muscle To Keep Us Moving Down The Field....any Questions??????????????

immabullsfan
01-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Dude I Had To Introduce Myself...your Avatar Had Me Laughin For About 5 Minutes....earl Was The Truth....

cj5776
01-31-2007, 12:46 PM
I Say We Take Peterson...if Domanick Comes Back 100% Then Great...we've Got A 2 Back Combo In Peterson, And Davis, And We've Still Got A Utility Back In Dayne...and In Case Some One's Injured, Dayne Can Come In As A Third Down Back....now The Bulls Will Have No Flaws With The Running Game...and Back Up Muscle To Keep Us Moving Down The Field....any Questions??????????????

Some FA running back has to be taken in case AP is not there. Both the Vikes and Browns seeme interested in him. Smith is preaching the taking the best player available line so I do not see any major holes still left in the team come draft day.

gtexan02
02-01-2007, 08:03 AM
I'm sorry but this whole entire thread is ridiculous and making me laugh.

A guy who has been injured for a year comes and out and publically states that he has made significant enough progress in workouts that he is ready to come back and make a contribution to the football team. There is no word from anyone in the FO to dampen the effects of these allegations.

Therefore, based on the facts we know, which is that DW can now work out with no pain/swelling and is planning on coming back, where do we get off diagnosing him and doubting him?

He may never come back. Sure, this may all be a ploy to get that last paycheck. But since we have no evidence to support that, and have good evidence to support he is playing without pain, why not believe him?

To listen to a bunch of 20-50 year old guys with zero medical experience definitively saying that he's finished and will never play a down again is silly. The fact of the matter is you have no idea, and are just going off popular opinion/internet knowledge of "bone on bone" disorders, which may not even be what hes got.

This teams fans are so pessimmistic, that when someone who used to be a fan favorite and bright spot comes out and publically announces he's back, we all scoff and doubt and cite yahoo sports medicine's clinical opinion of a player they've never met personally.

Right.

El Tejano
02-01-2007, 09:40 AM
CloaknnnDagger is our resident doctor on this board. He is a real doctor and has stated that DW's injury of bone on bone in the area of his knee means that he is going to be limited in his running if any at all. I will take his word on that.

Sure DW can comeback but that is what we thought last year and we passed up drafting Bush. I don't think this organization can afford to go into draft or FA thinking DW will be there for us.

edo783
02-01-2007, 12:49 PM
I don't think this organization can afford to go into draft or FA thinking DW will be there for us.

I doubt they will. I suspect that was what was behind Kubes statement "It was a mistake to rely on people who were to come back from injuries".

old football fan
02-01-2007, 01:25 PM
DD/DW needs to retire.

kiwitexansfan
02-16-2007, 09:36 PM
Reports are that he has been told restructure or get cut.

Seems only fair with the doubts surrounding his ability to perform.

spurstexanstros
02-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Gone:

Didnt DD say he was !00% last year at draft time. If we had a good running back It would take alot of pressure off of Carr. draft peterson if he is there. After all isnt he from houston? Our o line will be good with last years pick being healthy. and we may need some help in the secondary for dunta(we neeed to keep him happy)

Texans Horror
02-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Peterson is from Palestine, Tx.

yourfavoritetexan42
02-23-2007, 11:10 AM
It would be great for him to come back, be 100%, and be a threat like he was years back. Imagine having the "old" him, Dayne running like he did at the end of last year, Peterson, Taylor with the talent he had at the end of the year, and lundy running like he did during preseason.

That would be the first problem the Texans would have that I would like.

I really hope he is able to make a recovery.

freedoggy77
02-26-2007, 06:29 PM
well if Davis is healthy i'm happy. we probly wont have a chance at peterson anyways.

MATRIX
02-27-2007, 07:36 PM
IMO you treat Dom like a rookie FA that came on to the squad because this is a new scheme, and new staff. Sure you want him hear but you also want a better team and you need to make sure that if DW is not okay, you aren't going to miss a step.

With us being #8, DW coming back, Ron Dayne playing hard, you can pretty much kiss a RB in round 1 goodbye.

Are you serious?

DD/DW whatever he is going by now. Is a decent back, no question. But, why would you not take a gem like Peterson(likely will be top 5, so say good bye to him) or Lynch? Who are young and ready to go.

You can't be sure DD/DW can stay ON THE FEILD if he makes it back 100%. He has missed a game EVERY SEASON, or more than 1. So, why depend on 1- him being ready. 2- him staying healthy.

Cut him or trade him get the $$$ and still get a RB in RD1 or 2.
__________________________________________________ ______

And whoever said Portis...he will take all our cap room to get. So, thats out.

MATRIX
02-27-2007, 07:45 PM

I think we'll take Lynch...seeing Peterson SHOULD be gone after his combine #'s.

In reality, I think he is better, but alittle slower and not a former player for a nat. champ. team. He has better hands and has great vision and exceleration.

If it was me...

1- Lynch
2- Peterson
3-Bush(I think he is back from the injury 100%)

dirty steve
02-27-2007, 07:50 PM
he will never play another down in the NFL. He's done, and has been done for quite some time. This is not speculation.
i agree. i am frankly surprised at how many think that he will be a part of the 2007 season.

Navy_Chris
02-28-2007, 08:42 PM
If we cut Domanick Williams, would you be in favor of staying with what we've got at RB? That's Chris Taylor, Ron Dayne, Wali Lundy. Also possible that Ramonce Taylor will come to us in the 7th round.

QB75
02-28-2007, 08:48 PM
If we cut Domanick Williams, would you be in favor of staying with what we've got at RB? That's Chris Taylor, Ron Dayne, Wali Lundy. Also possible that Ramonce Taylor will come to us in the 7th round.

I really want to see more of Taylor because I'm curious about his capability. But, no, I sure would bet the season on this backfield.

ArlingtonTexan
02-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Ron Dayne is not under contract to the Texans. This fact has been posted repeatedly.

We have Lundy, Gado and Chris Taylor...why anyone bothers to list a possible 7th rounder in a draft that has not happened is beyond my comprehension.

Navy_Chris
02-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Ron Dayne is not under contract to the Texans. This fact has been posted repeatedly.

We have Lundy, Gado and Chris Taylor...why anyone bothers to list a possible 7th rounder in a draft that has not happened is beyond my comprehension.

I know he's not under contract, but it's possible Kub will want him back. Ramonce Taylor is a good fit here. I don't think Gado will be back, which I hate to see because he's one of the class guys everybody should look up to.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
02-28-2007, 09:02 PM

Hell no. :slap:

ArlingtonTexan
02-28-2007, 09:06 PM
I know he's not under contract, but it's possible Kub will want him back. Ramonce Taylor is a good fit here. I don't think Gado will be back, which I hate to see because he's one of the class guys everybody should look up to.

So you want to include a guy that could be drafted by any of 31 other teams and a guy who is free to sign a contract with any of the same other 31 teams, but not include the guy who is under the control of the Texans?

BleedTheBurntOrange
02-28-2007, 09:08 PM
Our backfield sucks none of those guys are a starter backups at most.

If Chris Taylor was so good he would of been drafted.

TFL
02-28-2007, 09:30 PM

P. Holmes was undrafted

Hervoyel
02-28-2007, 09:32 PM
This is just my opinion but I believe that Ron Dayne would be crazy to go anywhere else right now. I think that Kubiak would be crazy to let him get away.

The man fits this system. It's maybe the only system he's played in on a professional level that really suits his style. It's clearly the best opportunity he's going to get to demonstrate to the rest of the world that he's not the bust that his career would lend one to believe.

Ron Dayne could get 1,500 yards next season here. He could be looking at a Thomas Jones like resurrection here.

Reddevil63
02-28-2007, 09:38 PM
This is just my opinion but I believe that Ron Dayne would be crazy to go anywhere else right now. I think that Kubiak would be crazy to let him get away.

The man fits this system. It's maybe the only system he's played in on a professional level that really suits his style. It's clearly the best opportunity he's going to get to demonstrate to the rest of the world that he's not the bust that his career would lend one to believe.

Ron Dayne could get 1,500 yards next season here. He could be looking at a Thomas Jones like resurrection here.

He definitely looked good when he got his turf toe taken care of, without a doubt the hardest runner we had last season. With that said, I still hope if DD doesnt come back, they bring somebody else in to split time with Dayne. Lundy, Gado, and *gasp* even Taylor were fairly unimpressive to me.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
02-28-2007, 09:41 PM
P. Holmes was undrafted

Yea, let's bank the future of our running game on Chris Taylor becoming the next Priest Holmes. :pigfly:

prostock101
02-28-2007, 10:39 PM
The real sleeper in my opinion in the draft at RB is Michael Bush from Louisville. Broke his leg but should be ready for pro day. 6-1 and 245, he's a bigger AP......

I know........still a genius. :mario: :mario: :mario:

kiwitexansfan
02-28-2007, 10:47 PM
With Dayne back I can live with what we have.

Without Dayne I don't really like Talyor, Lundy, Gado as a running back stable.

tulexan
02-28-2007, 10:59 PM
I would be as far from happy as possible with that running back stable. We would be one of the worst rushing teams in the league and our QB (whoever it is) would be terrible too because we have no threat in the back field.

Until we get an elite running back for this team our rushing and passing game is going to suffer. If we don't address it this year, we will have to address it next year. Might as well get it out of the way.

infantrycak
02-28-2007, 11:05 PM
The real sleeper in my opinion in the draft at RB is Michael Bush from Louisville.

A guy expected to go in the lower 1st to upper 2nd is not a sleeper.

dirty steve
02-28-2007, 11:32 PM
i just dont feel good about what is in store if we dont get some more talent in here for 2007. maybe i am in the minority here.

El Amigo Invisible
02-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Does D Williams have anything left?

LoneStarState
02-28-2007, 11:49 PM
Does D Williams have anything left?
Not really - supposedly the knees are still bothering him... I think we need to face facts... we have to consider taking a RB with something other than a 5, 6, or 7th round pick...

gtexan02
02-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Not really - supposedly the knees are still bothering him... I think we need to face facts... we have to consider taking a RB with something other than a 5, 6, or 7th round pick...

Not to pick at this or anything, but every indication we have is that he is back to playing without pain. How long will this hold up during contact? Who knows, but to claim that his knees are still bothering him isn't 100% correct

tulexan
03-01-2007, 12:01 AM
Not to pick at this or anything, but every indication we have is that he is back to playing without pain. How long will this hold up during contact? Who knows, but to claim that his knees are still bothering him isn't 100% correct

His knees may not be bothering him, but they are bothering the Texans enough to cut him any day now.

SamuraiSword
03-01-2007, 02:05 AM

Tony Romo was undrafted
Quentin Porter was undrafted (can't wait to see what he has in NFL Europe)

dbspi
03-01-2007, 02:30 AM
I think we might see Kailee Wong, Domic Williams/Davis, Mark Bruener, and Mike Flanagan let go as well.

trutexan02
03-01-2007, 07:41 AM
I liked what I saw from Porter last preseason. Comfortable in the pocket, poised, strong arm, and accurate. NFL europe doesn't mean much really though. Remember our BFL europe MVP Ragone.. cut one year later if IRC

Navy_Chris
03-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Yea, let's bank the future of our running game on Chris Taylor becoming the next Priest Holmes. :pigfly:

OK. I know it's risky, but this guy is something special.

Navy_Chris
03-01-2007, 07:50 AM
I think we might see Kailee Wong, Domic Williams/Davis, Mark Bruener, and Mike Flanagan let go as well.

Bob McNair really messed up by letting Casserly hang around and handle FA and the Draft for us. He should've already had his guy (Smith) and had him handle all of that. Now, Smith and Kubiak have to weed out all of those mis-fits and start over. Shame on you, Bob.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-01-2007, 07:56 AM
OK. I know it's risky, but this guy is something special.

So special no one bothered drafting him and the Texans let him dangle on the practice squad with still no teams offering him a contract.

Navy_Chris
03-01-2007, 08:02 AM
So special no one bothered drafting him and the Texans let him dangle on the practice squad with still no teams offering him a contract.

I didn't say anything about right off the bat success. TD was a late round pick, Priest Holmes, Willie Parker.....both undrafted. Let's not be so quick to give up on him or bury him at #3 on the depth chart in 2007.

Mysteryhunt
03-01-2007, 08:08 AM
i'd be ok with the backfield with no DD if dayne comes back. he looked very good when healthy last year imo.

texans83
03-01-2007, 08:13 AM
I dont think we have enough depth on what we have right now. I still think we need to go with what kubes is saying that we need more play makers, I look for them to draft a rb in the first day.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-01-2007, 08:21 AM
I didn't say anything about right off the bat success. TD was a late round pick, Priest Holmes, Willie Parker.....both undrafted. Let's not be so quick to give up on him or bury him at #3 on the depth chart in 2007.

And for every Terrell Davis, Priest Holmes and Willie Parker there are hundreds of undrafted free agent running backs that don't amount to anything in the NFL yet you are here trying to sell us the idea that Chris Taylor is some special player that should lead our rushing attack. Are you Chris Taylor himself or his agent? :hmmm:

J-Storm
03-01-2007, 09:07 AM
Cut Gado and Davis/Williams 1st up before you do anything obv, even I can work that part out logically. Then go after either a RB through FA or draft a stud like AP. Until we do that and work on the QB position we are going to be the laughing stock of the NFL and the AFC South espec...

Navy_Chris
03-01-2007, 09:27 AM
And for every Terrell Davis, Priest Holmes and Willie Parker there are hundreds of undrafted free agent running backs that don't amount to anything in the NFL yet you are here trying to sell us the idea that Chris Taylor is some special player that should lead our rushing attack. Are you Chris Taylor himself or his agent? :hmmm:

Just a Texan and Chris Taylor fan. But I'd love to be his agent.

jerek
03-01-2007, 10:41 AM
I'll be surprised if he isn't cut a week from now.

So long, Dom ... your career was great while your knees lasted. You were a good back and I wish you nothing but the best.

jerek
03-01-2007, 10:57 AM

Depending on who we draft I think we will see more of Chris Taylor this year. Of course I said that last year too. My understanding regarding his lack of PT last year is that he had trouble hanging onto the ball in practice and demonstrated obvious vision problems at times. However he is a good combination of speed and power and I think he began to come on strong at the end of last year and will only get better going forward.

Cheroqui
03-01-2007, 11:23 AM
No. Not unsatisfied with everyone but would like something new and a narrow down. Not sure who though because we cycled so much it's hard to tell who may spark. especially once their gone.

kcwilson
03-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Depending on who we draft I think we will see more of Chris Taylor this year. Of course I said that last year too. My understanding regarding his lack of PT last year is that he had trouble hanging onto the ball in practice and demonstrated obvious vision problems at times. However he is a good combination of speed and power and I think he began to come on strong at the end of last year and will only get better going forward.

And if everyone recalls, this board had just about anointed Lundy as the next best thing after his pre-season. Let's be honest, Taylor is fast, but hasn't demonstrated all the necessary skills to be an every down back on this team last year. If he did, I am sure Kubiak wouldn't have waited as long as he did to utilize him, especially since they were searching for a RB that could produce.

He is a nice player, but I don't see Taylor, Gado, and Lundy all on this roster next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new guy come in and Gado goes, Taylor goes to practice squad, and Dayne comes back.

Samkonfan
03-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Gado is not going anywhere

texans83
03-01-2007, 01:29 PM
the reason taylor didnt get put in earlier was bc of fumbling problems. As i recall Tiki Barbor also had a fumbling problem at first... Just something to think about.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-01-2007, 01:33 PM
You don't put a "special talent" on the practice squad risking him being signed by another team just for fumbling problems.

Yankee_In_TX
03-01-2007, 01:36 PM
I'll be surprised if he isn't cut a week from now.

So long, Dom ... your career was great while your knees lasted. You were a good back and I wish you nothing but the best.

My understanding is Dom and Wong will probably be allowed to start shopping FA Friday, but will not officially be cut until June (July?) 1st, so that we can spread the cap hit out over several years.

jerek
03-01-2007, 02:31 PM
My understanding is Dom and Wong will probably be allowed to start shopping FA Friday, but will not officially be cut until June (July?) 1st, so that we can spread the cap hit out over several years.

That's what I've heard as well. We'll see if it pans out.

tulexan
03-01-2007, 02:59 PM

I don't think Dom will find a big market for a running back with no knees.

U4ikrob
03-01-2007, 03:59 PM
I had a much diff impression of taylor than it appears others here do. The guy had fumblitis in pre-season and didnt practice well. He had 1 avg game [99 yds] against the 2nd worst run defense [Cleveland]. Not sure how that translates to being an up and coming star at RB. IMO like ive said before about most things - people tend to play the way they practice and thus why Taylor never saw the field much. IF he works hard this offseason and comes into camp strong and practices hard I could see him as ac3rd option currently until he shows hes got more than 1 or 2 good moves and can hang on to the ball for a few games.

IMO it will be RB by committee again next year - seems to be the growing trend in the NFL lately

A Texan
03-01-2007, 09:00 PM
I expect Domanick to be back at least to training camp. He has said he's "close to 100%" and his rehab is said to be going nicely. It would be nice if he can get back to where he was before but time will tell. I'm optomistic.

GNTLEWOLF
03-02-2007, 06:11 AM
I expect Domanick to be back at least to training camp. He has said he's "close to 100%" and his rehab is said to be going nicely. It would be nice if he can get back to where he was before but time will tell. I'm optomistic.

I just don't see how anyone can rehab when the reported injury was bone on bone. Cartiladge doesn't grow back and any high impact exercise ( like carrying a football in an NFL game) would only re-injue those knees and that very quickly. The pain would be intense. In My opinion, it would be a miracle if he comes back. I'm afraid the Texans need to go for a young every down back in the draft or FA.

A Texan
03-02-2007, 09:58 AM
The "bone on bone" nonsense is a myth. The Texans have never said that.

Sportsfan
03-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Whats going on w/D Williams? I'm assuming the Texans are sort of in a similar position the Astros are with Clemens.
Are they going forward w/the thought the Williams might not return, hence the A. Green pickup? What about all the talk w/the name change, the number change, a fresh start this year??.... Is the dude coming back or not? Also, is he under contract? If so, how long?

If Daynes is re-signed, thats Dayne, Gado, Lundy, Taylor, Williams, and Green @ RB. Not a bad problem to have i'm just wondering what their strategy is.....

texans83
03-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Whats going on w/D Williams? I'm assuming the Texans are sort of in a similar position the Astros are with Clemens.
Are they going forward w/the thought the Williams might not return, hence the A. Green pickup? What about all the talk w/the name change, the number change, a fresh start this year??.... Is the dude coming back or not? Also, is he under contract? If so, how long?

If Daynes is re-signed, thats Dayne, Gado, Lundy, Taylor, Williams, and Green @ RB. Not a bad problem to have i'm just wondering what their strategy is.....

They are going to move Taylor at QB bc maybe fans will think he is VY bc he is fast, Williams will be our center just in case we try a fumble ruskie, green Starting tail back, and Dayne our Full back. Im not sure where Gado will fit in at.

Exithios
03-05-2007, 09:46 AM
They are going to move Taylor at QB bc maybe fans will think he is VY bc he is fast, Williams will be our center just in case we try a fumble ruskie, green Starting tail back, and Dayne our Full back. Im not sure where Gado will fit in at.

Ugh, you dropped out of rehab again didn't you.

Yankee_In_TX
03-05-2007, 09:47 AM

I have a feeling with the Green pick up the rumors DD is being let loose in June may come true.

texans83
03-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Ugh, you dropped out of rehab again didn't you.

shhhh they dont know im gone yet, :drunk:

dalemurphy
03-05-2007, 09:49 AM
The "bone on bone" nonsense is a myth. The Texans have never said that.

The Texans never said it, but I heard it come straight out of Dominick's mouth. So, I don't think it's a myth.

Texans Horror
03-05-2007, 12:31 PM

At least a couple of those guys won't be here next year. No offense to anyone, but my guess is Taylor and Williams.