PDA

View Full Version : Mario Williams visits wounded troops

Wolf
01-02-2007, 12:07 AM
maybe not fully Texan talk and I understand if it gets moved but (and it is from a jacksonville newspaper :heh::texanpride:

http://www.jacksonvilledailynews.com/SiteProcessor.cfm?Template=/GlobalTemplates/Details.cfm&StoryID=47547&Section=News

The men attached to the II MEF Injured Support Unit became instant celebrities, honored for their service and their sacrifice.

Their stories were told locally and nationally, and donations and gifts poured in.

An electric wheelchair was donated in honor of Cpl. Gary Koehler, who was killed by a roadside bomb. A Craven County fund-raiser brought in more than $40,000 to help 57 wounded travel home for the holidays. Two Marines from the barracks were flown to New York to watch the Buffalo Bills take on the Jacksonville Jaguars. Some of the Marines learned to Scuba dive, thanks to the Rotary Club of Jacksonville. Twenty-eight New York firefighters brought care packages. Cingular delivered Sony Playstations. No. 1 NFL draft pick and Richlands native Mario Williams stopped by. So did Glen Wesley of the NHL champion Carolina Hurricanes, who brought the Stanley Cup with him.

edo783
01-02-2007, 12:16 AM
Good for him. Seems like just a real nice kid.

AggieTexanFan
01-02-2007, 03:25 AM
Nice to see this team draft good character players

Speaks well of him and this teams future

hot pickle
01-02-2007, 04:46 AM
yeah, hes a class guy and has a spot in his heart for war vets, i think his brother was a marine and was KIA if im not mistaken

good job mario

samfisher
01-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Mario is really a great guy and reminds a lot of Reggie White.

He's too nice and too much of a class act to deserve any criticism for being the #1 pick in the draft, even though I don't believe he should have been.

Still, great guy that any team would want to have on defense.

mamoo
01-02-2007, 02:17 PM
His brother in law was killed in Iraq. Williams always takes time to honor the military because he knows what they sacrifice. He is a good guy who will be a great player.

Wolf
01-02-2007, 06:07 PM
yeah, hes a class guy and has a spot in his heart for war vets, i think his brother was a marine and was KIA if im not mistaken

good job mario

I believe you are right. I remember something about him wanting to quit school to help his sister in law or sister,because of something tragic

TNTitan
01-02-2007, 07:00 PM
best thing he's done all year.