PDA

View Full Version : Matt Schaub

Football Time In Hou.
01-01-2007, 10:35 PM
If we could get Matt Schaub by trading away our third round pick would you do it? If Smith and Kubiak like Schaub I would offer Atlanta a 3rd round pick for Schaub.

Smokedawg
01-01-2007, 10:36 PM
i wouldnt do it. the only pick i would trade for him would be a 7th.

Napa Auto Parts
01-01-2007, 10:37 PM
ATL wont take less than a 1st rounder.

so if they are dumb enough to take a third hell yeah

Texian
01-01-2007, 10:47 PM
If we could get Matt Schaub by trading away our third round pick would you do it? If Smith and Kubiak like Schaub I would offer Atlanta a 3rd round pick for Schaub.

Yes in a heart beat because Schaub is the best available QB, draft or FA but it is not going to happen for a 3rd RD pick. It will take a 1st and 3rd RD pic. Schuab is a RFA and Atlanta will tender the highest offer. Under those circumstances, any team who then signs Schuab will have to compensate Atlanta with a 1st and 3rd RD pick. That's the rules because he is a RFA.

Football Time In Hou.
01-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Yes in a heart beat because Schaub is the best available QB, draft or FA but it is not going to happen for a 3rd RD pick. It will take a 1st and 3rd RD pic. Schuab is a RFA and Atlanta will tender the highest offer. Under those circumstances, any team who then signs Schuab will have to compensate Atlanta with a 1st and 3rd RD pick. That's the rules because he is a RFA.

Atlanta can trade him to the Texans for a 3rd. The 49ers tender Brandon Lloyd last year with a 1st and then traded him to the Redskins for a 3rd last year and a 4th this year.

Texian
01-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Atlanta can trade him to the Texans for a 3rd. The 49ers tender Brandon Lloyd last year with a 1st and then traded him to the Redskins for a 3rd last year and a 4th this year.

True, but the difference here is I think Atlanta wants to keep Mr Schaub around as long as possible. He is a valuable insurance policy to Vick. The Problem is Schaub wants his opportunity to start in the NFL. Therefore I don't think Atlanta will want anything less than a #1 plus what ever else they can get, should they decide to trade him. If they stand pat and let someone sign him they get a 1 and a 3. The question is will anybody be willing to sign him if they can't trade for him?

thunderkyss
01-01-2007, 11:35 PM
no I wouldn't do it. I'd give them David Carr & Bradlee VanPelt straight up....

Shaub's got a lot of hype... so far, it's unwaranted......... IMHO.

I would rather use that first day pick in the draft, and roll my dice there.

Football Time In Hou.
01-02-2007, 12:04 AM
True, but the difference here is I think Atlanta wants to keep Mr Schaub around as long as possible. He is a valuable insurance policy to Vick. The Problem is Schaub wants his opportunity to start in the NFL. Therefore I don't think Atlanta will want anything less than a #1 plus what ever else they can get, should they decide to trade him. If they stand pat and let someone sign him they get a 1 and a 3. The question is will anybody be willing to sign him if they can't trade for him?

No one is going to give atl a number one. Next year Schaub will be unrestricted and atl will get nothing for him. Offer our 3rd.

5stringJeff
01-02-2007, 02:04 PM
No. If we want to use a second stringer next year, we've already got Sage Rosenfels.

joedinkle
01-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Why is everyone crushing on this guy? I've heard talk about him on this board, but what has he shown recently? Hasn't Vick played all/most of the season?