PDA

View Full Version : Trade IT...

skillz24
01-01-2007, 11:18 PM
I think we should offer New England our 8th overall selection for their two first rounders. This looks like a workable deal...the 8th pick is worth 1400 points while thier two late first rounders look to equal out to that in this deal. It would give Houston an opportunity seriously to fill important holes in our roster. This trade would depend on whether or not there is going to be a player with the qualiber of talent avaible to fit New Englands scheme to get this transaction under way.

1st RND 27 overall most likely: Daymeion Hughes CB CAL
1st RND 29 overall: Levi Brown OT Penn State

I have had my eye on these two athletes all season and they look to fit in our system perfectly.

tulexan
01-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Maybe we can trade a 3rd round pick for IT and give it to Carr. That would solve all of our problems.

cadahnic
01-01-2007, 11:24 PM
I think we should offer New England our 8th overall selection for their two first rounders. This looks like a workable deal...the 8th pick is worth 1400 points while thier two late first rounders look to equal out to that in this deal. It would give Houston an opportunity seriously to fill important holes in our roster. This trade would depend on whether or not there is going to be a player with the qualiber of talent avaible to fit New Englands scheme to get this transaction under way.

I have had my eye on these two athletes all season and they look to fit in our system perfectly.

Levi Brown is not a very good fit for our system, there are plenty of better fits that we can find later in the draft. Daymeion Hughes is a decent CB but I'd hate to think that he would be the top guy we get out of the draft. I'm not a fan of trading down this far. This draft is relatively deep at some positions but is not very top heavy with superior talent, so I'd prefer to stay at our current pick where we can get one of those relatively elite players unless we get a really good offer.

Sarg01
01-01-2007, 11:24 PM
While I would like to get the 2 first's the Patriots have, there is no way they'll package both of them. In fact, it's unlikely they'll move substantially up at all.

Also, I would never endorse a deal that brought Levi Brown to Houston, except on a visiting team. He's got second day talent, though he'll probably be drafted high due to someone forcing an OT pick. Before anyone thinks I'm hating on Penn State, I'd love to see Pozluszny in that spot.

Texian
01-01-2007, 11:28 PM

Depending on the playoffs, you have a good BINGO!

#8= 1400 - (#22) 780 -(#28) 660 = -40...close enough

TexansSeminole
01-01-2007, 11:30 PM
That is actually not a bad deal...maybe we could get another late rounder as well (6th rounder?).

Historyhorn
01-02-2007, 03:59 PM
The Pats would never go for something like this. Remember this is a franchise that lets top talent go if they get too overpriced, believing they can replace through the draft and let their system work its magic. In other words, they aren't beholden to individual stars.

I think the Patriots would much rather take two late first rounders and turn them into world beaters unde Belicheck.

It would be good for the Texans, because we need as many first day picks to fill holes as possible, but you have to have a partner who will dance with you and in this case, the Pats are the last franchise I'd expect to do so.

Go Texans

Honoring Earl 34
01-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Depending on the playoffs, you have a good BINGO!

#8= 1400 - (#22) 780 -(#28) 660 = -40...close enough

I'd make that trade ... you could get Nelson or Landry one should be there . Then you could get the BPA at a need .

TexansSeminole
01-02-2007, 04:20 PM
I'd make that trade ... you could get Nelson or Landry one should be there . Then you could get the BPA at a need .

Actually it's doubtful either one of those players will last past pick 20.

Maddict5
01-02-2007, 06:25 PM
The Pats would never go for something like this. Remember this is a franchise that lets top talent go if they get too overpriced, believing they can replace through the draft and let their system work its magic. In other words, they aren't beholden to individual stars.

I think the Patriots would much rather take two late first rounders and turn them into world beaters unde Belicheck.

It would be good for the Texans, because we need as many first day picks to fill holes as possible, but you have to have a partner who will dance with you and in this case, the Pats are the last franchise I'd expect to do so.

Go Texans

ding,ding,ding...that is why this thread is null and void.. i dont think id want to do it anyway... i like the spot we're at right now

jlam
01-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Maybe we can trade a 3rd round pick for IT and give it to Carr. That would solve all of our problems.

No need to trade anything for IT, it's readily available on Ebay. Haven't you seen the commercials?:)

Wharton
01-02-2007, 06:46 PM

I have had my eye on these two athletes all season and they look to fit in our system perfectly.I like it.

We need picks more then anything else.

Since CoachDent is sending in resume to Kubes, maybe you should send in your resume to GM Smith. Ya never know!

was385
01-02-2007, 06:55 PM
I would love to take an OL and Troy Smith who will probably drop to the end of the first or early second. I think he could be a great QB despite his size

TexanSam
01-02-2007, 08:19 PM
While I'd be hesitant to give up the 8th overall pick, I think I would make that trade. With as many holes as we have, we need all the help we can get.