PDA

View Full Version : Davis name change

tulexan
01-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Did anyone see that Domanick Davis changed his name to Domanick Williams?

http://houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=3271&section=N%20Latest%20News

RB Domanick Williams (formally Domanick Davis)

(on his rehab) ďItís going good. Itís going good. I had all the time I needed, and like I said, most of the guys are checking out, Iím checking in. And Iím going to be waiting on everybody else. Iím going to do everything I have to do to get myself back on the field. And itís going great right now.Ē

(on whether he is starting the 2007 season now) ďRight now.Ē

(on whether is 100 percent yet) ďI wouldnít say 100 percent, I mean, but itís close and itís on its way. Itís going real good. My knee is allowing me to lift heavy weight without swelling up, and that was one of the biggest problems that I had. Itís just going great.Ē

(on how hard 2006 was for him) ďItís been real hard. I didnít watch, not one game. Itís not that I didnít care because if anybody cares I care. It was just my way of dealing with it because it would hurt me in another kind of way. I just focused on what I had to do to get myself back and then weíll take care of it when itís time.Ē

(on changing his name from Dominick Davis) ďAnd it will be number 31, Dominick Williams. I just had to make a change. I wasnít really a Davis the whole time, but I have kids of my own and I needed to do what was right.Ē
(on more on the name change) ďI just changed Davis to Williams. I wasnít really a (Davis). I was my older brotherís Dadís last name and whatever happened I ended up with Davis. So now that I have kids of my own, a little boy and a little girl, ĎSpikeí (Dominick, Jr.) and Liana, I have to change my name to what it really is, and itís Williams.Ē

tiger06
01-01-2007, 05:25 PM
I see.. this'll take some getting used to

swisher
01-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Well it worked for Hakeem.

Honoring Earl 34
01-01-2007, 05:26 PM
I wonder if Williams has better knees ?

Yankee_In_TX
01-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Is my jersey a collector's item now, lol?

IF he comes back, why #31?

tulexan
01-01-2007, 05:28 PM
This has got to annoy some Davis fans with Davis jerseys.

swisher
01-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Goodbye Double D, Hello D-Dub.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v644/swisher/prod-1.jpg

hot pickle
01-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Is my jersey a collector's item now, lol?

IF he comes back, why #31?

he was 31 at LSU

Texan Asylum
01-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Hilarious! lol:

Marcus
01-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Yeah, I saw that, too!

He's not ever going to play football again anyway. He can go through the motions with this rehab bit just to satisfy the terms of his contract all he wants. Smart thing to do.

But bone on bone is just that . . bone on bone. DD, er ahem . . (DW) will take a settlement and retire. I wish Domanick Williams the best of luck in his future away from football.

Sco-tai
01-01-2007, 05:31 PM

Hahhha. That's hilarious.

Maybe it's just a ploy to sell more Jerseys.

:aikido:

aj.
01-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Why not Domanick Buchanon? That would have been a more fan friendly decision.

tulexan
01-01-2007, 05:32 PM

Some players are just too selfish.

South Texan
01-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Maybe he thinks if the team is getting a fresh start so should he??

Hey, if he is back at close to 100% next year, in my book, he can call himself whatever he wants. (Well, maybe not Terel Owens, but other than that.....)

I really hope he makes it, a rotation with Taylor, Dominic (Unknown), and the Great Dayne could be fun to watch.

Second Honeymoon
01-01-2007, 05:36 PM

lol...i think anyone who bought a Pbuc jersey is just reaping what they sowed :) shame on them

phantom17
01-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Well it worked for Hakeem.

Haha! I thought @ first he became a Muslim!

Trap_Star
01-01-2007, 05:55 PM
At least Domanick Williams sounds better than Ron Mexico...:)

The Pencil Neck
01-01-2007, 05:55 PM
He's going to change his name to Taylor Dayne, quit football, and start singing girly 80's rock tunes.

Trap_Star
01-01-2007, 05:58 PM
He's going to change his name to Taylor Dayne, quit football, and start singing girly 80's rock tunes.

..."because girls just wanna have fun"...:whistle:

thunderkyss
01-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Haha! I thought @ first he became a Muslim!

Domanick Achbar...... or Domanick Ali.... That's what I would've done.

But Domanick Williams?? Talk about supporting the teams #1 pick.

I'm glad to hear things are going well with his Rehab. I can't wait to see the little fella get back on the field.

tulexan
01-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Maybe Carr should do the same thing.

David Young has kind of a ring to it.

Trap_Star
01-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Maybe Carr should do the same thing.

David Young has kind of a ring to it.

Vince Carr sounds better...

South Texan
01-01-2007, 06:05 PM
Vince Carr sounds better...

Or "David Brady Manning" but call me Vince for short?

Smokedawg
01-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Or "David Brady Manning" but call me Vince for short?

Nice. lol:yes:

mexican_texan
01-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Well, my jersey's pretty useless now.

After traumatic injuries, guys like to change something to symbolize a fresh start. Donovan McNabb changed his hair...D-Dub changed his name and jersey number. He'll probably show up in a green spiky mohawk as well. It's normal.

tulexan
01-01-2007, 06:11 PM

After traumatic injuries, guys like to change something to symbolize a fresh start. Donovan McNabb changed his hair...D-Dub changed his name and jersey number. He'll probably show up in a green spiky mohawk as well. It's normal.

Kind of like how after Vick's bad leg injury he blamed it on people calling him Mike Vick instead of Michael Vick and that it was bad luck.

Trap_Star
01-01-2007, 06:15 PM

As long as he doesnt show up at training camp looking like this, its all good...

http://www.maltastar.com/UserFiles/mj.jpg

mexican_texan
01-01-2007, 06:22 PM
As long as he doesnt show up at training camp looking like this, its all good...

http://www.maltastar.com/UserFiles/mj.jpg
Well, he does appear to have good hands...

jerek
01-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I saw that, too!

He's not ever going to play football again anyway. He can go through the motions with this rehab bit just to satisfy the terms of his contract all he wants. Smart thing to do.

But bone on bone is just that . . bone on bone. DD, er ahem . . (DW) will take a settlement and retire. I wish Domanick Williams the best of luck in his future away from football.

Everything you said. If he's bone on bone he's done ... a shame because he was a valuable player. Best of luck to DW in the future.

shinerbock_girl
01-01-2007, 06:59 PM
WOW, that is really going to take some getting used to...Domanick Davis just had a kool ring to it, But Williams???

Trap_Star
01-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Well, he does appear to have good hands...

They're not at all good. He makes Marsha Brady look like Marvin Harrison...

5stringJeff
01-01-2007, 07:06 PM
If he was going for fan appeal, he could have renamed himself Domanick Vinceyoung and made a bunch of people really happy...

But, as I see it, he decided to take his biological father's last name. Good for him.

mexican_texan
01-01-2007, 07:06 PM
They're not at all good. He makes Marsha Brady look like Marvin Harrison...
Michael Jackson would've been interesting in that episode...

"I broke my nose! heeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeee. Tell him I can't go out tonight! heeeeeeeeee heeeeeee. What am I going to do? Shamon-uh."

Trap_Star
01-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Michael Jackson would've been interesting in that episode...

"I broke my nose! heeeeeeee heeeeeeeeeee. Tell him I can't go out tonight! heeeeeeeeee heeeeeee. What am I going to do? Shamon-uh."

Im sure Peter would of just said to put on a new one...

http://www.portaldavaca.com.br/simagens/engracadas/jun_05/as_roupas_do_michael_jackson.jpg

htownfoozball
01-01-2007, 07:33 PM
maybe we can fool some other team and trade him now.

GuerillaBlack
01-01-2007, 07:44 PM

That's a good idea, but what if he really is healthy.

tulexan
01-01-2007, 07:49 PM

Maybe we can switch him with DeAngelo Williams.

Minotaur
01-01-2007, 09:07 PM
The Houston Texans' running back formerly known as Domanick Davis says he's close to 100 percent healed from knee surgeries.

He's legally switched his last name to Williams, cut his braids, and changed his number from 37 to 31. He says he can now lift heavy weight without his knee swelling up, which had been his problem before landing on I.R. in September. Williams says he intends to be a Texan in 2007.

www.rotoworld.com

Revolution
01-01-2007, 09:12 PM
I thought this was a joke. After reading, major props to him for making the change. I hope he is with the Texans next year.

TEXANRED
01-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Domanick Achbar...... or Domanick Ali.... That's what I would've done.

But Domanick Williams?? Talk about supporting the teams #1 pick.

I'm glad to hear things are going well with his Rehab. I can't wait to see the little fella get back on the field.

At least its not Dominck Johnson. Exactly what the league would have needed. One more Johnson.

Can't wait to see him back out on the field. IMO we could have won at least 4 more games this season if he was healthy in the rotation.

edo783
01-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Maybe we can switch him with DeAngelo Williams.

Yea, that's the ticket. We will sneak in at night and cloriform DeAngelo, slip DW into his bed. No one will notice. Yea, that's the ticket.:secret:

Wolf
01-01-2007, 09:16 PM
DW 31 :redtowel:

if true...say goodbye to adrian Peterson if he slipped

because with that, I would actually thing we would build through the defense or more on the OL in this draft

QB75
01-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Great. Now Mario Williams jerseys are going to have to change as well.

Wolf
01-01-2007, 09:19 PM
At least its not Dominck Johnson. Exactly what the league would have needed. One more Johnson.

Can't wait to see him back out on the field. IMO we could have won at least 4 more games this season if he was healthy in the rotation.

Dom Bush?

TEXANRED
01-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Yea, that's the ticket. We will sneak in at night and cloriform DeAngelo, slip DW into his bed. No one will notice. Yea, that's the ticket.:secret:

He we go, I am about to get hammered for saying this, DeAngelo Williams couldn't hold Dubya's jock. Why on earth would we want to make that trade.

And if anyone says due to health I would like to point out Williams was hurt this year and is not even a starter.

hot pickle
01-01-2007, 09:21 PM
DD 31 :redtowel:

because with that, I would actually thing we would build through the defense or more on the OL in this draft

DW 31 my friend

Wolf
01-01-2007, 09:23 PM
DW 31 my friend

thanks I mistyped that again :secret: but I edited it now ;)

AggieTexan24
01-01-2007, 09:32 PM
not many running backs are number 31...so he'll be unique! i like the change

Napa Auto Parts
01-01-2007, 09:33 PM
i wonder if he will ever be the same i doubt it:stirpot:

StarStruck
01-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Wow, that took some intestinal fortitude to go public with the name change and why. It will sound a little different initially, but same as when folk marry and change their names, soon it won't be given a second thought.

Bone on bone, whew! Hopefully, that isn't the case and although my wishes are for all the best, I can't just yet classify him as up there with Adrian Peterson status.

tulexan
01-01-2007, 09:37 PM
DW 31 :redtowel:

I don't think he is coming back. If you read Kubiak's quotes on the issue there is a lot of not waitings and moving forwards.

TEXANRED
01-01-2007, 09:42 PM
i wonder if he will ever be the same i doubt it:stirpot:

D-Dub is an outstanding player but cannot take the constint abuse of 25 plus carries a game for a full season.

Dayne is an outstanding battering ram that punished the D and wears them down but he cannot with stand any more than 16 carries a game (or warm ups) without hurting himself.

Taylor is quick and powerfull but fumbles.

I see DW getting a little more than 60% of the carries with the rest getting split between Dayne and Taylor.

Where does this leave Lundey?

jayjordan
01-01-2007, 10:09 PM
I hope the texans dont fall for it and keep him. He's been gone for 2 years he will not be the same back he was, at least not this season. It would be better to trade him and keep dayne and taylor.

tulexan
01-01-2007, 10:10 PM
D-Dub is an outstanding player but cannot take the constint abuse of 25 plus carries a game for a full season.

Dayne is an outstanding battering ram that punished the D and wears them down but he cannot with stand any more than 16 carries a game (or warm ups) without hurting himself.

Taylor is quick and powerfull but fumbles.

I see DW getting a little more than 60% of the carries with the rest getting split between Dayne and Taylor.

Where does this leave Lundey?

I think Lundy is gone. He has had 9 carries in the past 4 weeks. I think the coaching staff didn't like his inconsistency.

TPIMP
01-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Whatever his name he's done. He will never play for the Texans again. I expect him to be cut in the offseason.

TEXANRED
01-01-2007, 10:20 PM
I hope the texans dont fall for it and keep him. He's been gone for 2 years he will not be the same back he was, at least not this season. It would be better to trade him and keep dayne and taylor.

Its only been one year. He sat out the last game of 05.

tulexan
01-01-2007, 10:26 PM

He actually missed 5 games in 2005 due to injury including the last 3 games.

Tulip
01-01-2007, 10:31 PM
He sounds like he's been hanging out with another Williams...Ricky.

TEXANRED
01-01-2007, 10:42 PM
He actually missed 5 games in 2005 due to injury including the last 3 games.

That still doesn't equal two years.

I think part of DW's problem has been he never fully healed and always came back to soon.

I really think he will be back healthy and ready to go.

tulexan
01-01-2007, 10:44 PM
That still doesn't equal two years.

I think part of DW's problem has been he never fully healed and always came back to soon.

I really think he will be back healthy and ready to go.

Part (all) of his problem is that he has no cartilage in his knee.

TEXANRED
01-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Part (all) of his problem is that he has no cartilage in his knee.

We can rebuild him, we have the technology.

tulexan
01-01-2007, 10:59 PM
A little game

http://usa.stockfood.com/pr/72918334/Stockfood_855070.jpg
http://www.cincinnati.com/spotlite/dunn_post180.jpg
http://www.wellesley.edu/Chemistry/chem227/metabolism/marathon/chebet_finish.jpg
http://imagesource.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGM195~Domanick-Davis-04-Running-Posters.jpg

What do all of these have in common?

StarStruck
01-01-2007, 11:12 PM
He said Davis was his brother's dad(step-dad I guess). His father's name was Williams. So he said he changed it for his kids so they would have his real family name. So if he comes back Mario will have to put M.Williams on his jersey and @#$% up mine w/ just Williams on it.lol

I thought M. Williams was already on his jersey, no? Nevermind, seems I got his jersey name mixed up with someone else who included the 1st initial and last name.

scourge
01-01-2007, 11:12 PM
A little game

http://usa.stockfood.com/pr/72918334/Stockfood_855070.jpg
http://www.cincinnati.com/spotlite/dunn_post180.jpg
http://www.wellesley.edu/Chemistry/chem227/metabolism/marathon/chebet_finish.jpg
http://imagesource.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGM195~Domanick-Davis-04-Running-Posters.jpg

What do all of these have in common?

Stick a fork in them... they're done

scourge
01-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Heck, even D Rob couldn't resist...
"A new name, a new haircut, new clothes -- let's hope he has a new knee," Texans cornerback Dunta Robinson joked upon hearing the news.

from ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2716848)

gwallaia
01-01-2007, 11:31 PM
This reminds me of an episode of Mork and Mindy. It turns out Mork had been identified as an illegal alien. While filling out his citizenship papers, it asked for his last name. Mork did not have a last name so he had to pick one; he was torn between Travolta or Bradshaw.

Zippy
01-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Will the message board header change, too?

A Texan
01-01-2007, 11:48 PM

If you're a running back, you probably have bad knees no matter what your name...LOL.

Vinny
01-01-2007, 11:53 PM
Wow, I guess it's better than Dom B Free.

jayjordan
01-01-2007, 11:54 PM

A year and missing the last 3 games is still to long. Do you actually think he will be the same player he was right off the back or even his first year back? Were not talking about a shoulder or finger but his knee. He's a runningback and he needs his knee. He barely has nothing in that knee so one clip or good hit in that knee and he's out again. Its not worth the risk

The Pencil Neck
01-02-2007, 12:27 AM
He should have changed his name to Domanick Ignatius Nation: Dom I Nation.

OK.

Maybe not.

edo783
01-02-2007, 12:41 AM

OK.

Maybe not.

I thought it was pretty funny.

utahmark
01-02-2007, 12:45 AM
i didnt even know he got married.

aggieNzona
01-02-2007, 12:58 PM
I think Dominic is on to something. Much easier and cheaper to change everyones names then to go out and draft and develope new players.
How about at QB David Train or better yet David Farve?
The posibilities are endless!:tease:

BradK10
01-09-2007, 06:29 PM

OK.

Maybe not.

Reminds me of the former GaTech CB, I-Perfection Harris

GP
01-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Not getting my hopes up on DD returning.

Too many factors are involved: Bone-on-bone, Sat out a year, Two draft classes (2006 and 2007) of RBs that'll give Kubiak between 3 and 4 RBs to bring into camp and evaluate, And the possibility of bringing in a free agent RB or a trade for a RB.

He's really in a position to collect his payment(s) and just enjoy life. Not that it's what DW would prefer to do, but it'll be a forced retirement if you ask me.

The whole thing just stinks. He was my FAVORITE Texans player, and it hurts to think what he could have done if he had not had this happen to knees.

And I will not change my avatar. He might've changed his name to DW...but he'll always be DD to me.