PDA

View Full Version : Help me out with this "Adios Ocho" rumor

Proteus
01-01-2007, 04:26 AM
I didn't get to watch the game today (driving to the in-laws 8 hours away). When I got there, I heard there was was fan in crowd with a sign that said "Adios Ocho", or something like that. Is that true, and did anyone punch him in the face or buy him a beer?
~Proteus

utahmark
01-01-2007, 04:33 AM
its true. it was a little sign though. and unfortunatly they went back to the game and didnt keep the camera on him the entire 3 hours so i cant answer your other questions.

threetoedpete
01-01-2007, 04:34 AM
Yes I saw it. Never underestimate the disapointment at the loss of Vincent. Wasn't there. Didn't buy him a beer. His coins he wants to boo , his right.

trublu
01-01-2007, 04:35 AM
Yeah, it's true.

But, I'd say it was more like a flyer than a sign. It was on a regular sheet of paper.

Proteus
01-01-2007, 04:38 AM
Did the commentators make any remarks about the sign/flyer?
~Proteus

threetoedpete
01-01-2007, 05:03 AM
No it was a breif camera shot. "scan the crowd shot" after a comercial.

But WHAT WAS SAID for the second conscecutative week....

Spencer's injury is more than just usual. The term, once again

"CAREER THREATENING" was used and discussed. This isn't coming out of thin air.
Someone from the Staff is telling these guys this in the meetings.

So where is the freind guy who has seen Charles "running lightly " ?

Inqiring minds want to know.

Proteus
01-01-2007, 05:09 AM
a Mole, perhaps?
~Proteus

01-01-2007, 05:57 AM
yeah, i definitely saw it. i forgot about it when the game came on though, it was on for maybe 5 seconds.

HomeBred_Texan
01-01-2007, 09:50 AM
This was the 1st game that I couldn't make it to. Due to the death of my Father. But I did watch some of the game on TV and saw the sign. What a jerk is all that I could think of. They mentioned trade rumors and Plummer or I may have just thought that, sorry, wasn't in the right state of mind for football... But remain a die hard Texan Fan...

kikiscafe
01-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Did the commentators make any remarks about the sign/flyer?
~Proteus

If I remember correctly, the commentators said: "Ocho as refering to number 8", and they did not elaborate more.

Vinny
01-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Yeah, it's true.

But, I'd say it was more like a flyer than a sign. It was on a regular sheet of paper.That guy was like 10 seats down from me....it was just a couple of words on a piece of paper...and I don't think it had anything to do with Vince Young threetoepete (your comeback for any Carr banter)....it had to do with David Carr and our awful passing game. It was just a fan mugging for the camera with what he thought was a cute sign...nothing more than that.

kingh99
01-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Jeez the nerve of that guy. Imagine we used to hang banners, gasp, banners from the Astrodome during games. That was in another time. There was this quaint notion of freedom fo speech that was making the rounds. Really stupid people back then. Freaks.

aj.
01-01-2007, 11:19 AM
fyi for those who weren't there, there were thousands more in the stands who felt the same way as the sign holder. All you have to do is listen to what's being said.

People are frustrated, and rightfully so. Five three-and-outs and an interception yesterday among the Texans 8 real drives -- against a terrible defense. The Texans could have beaten maybe two teams yesterday -- the Browns and the Raiders. No, it's not all the QBs fault, but a lot of it is. Average play out of the QB position would be an improvement.

Anyone else see the symbolism of the play that ended the Texans last real drive? [3-7-CLV 35 (2:24) 8-D.Carr left end to CLV 42 for -7 yards (95-K.Wimbley).] Naked boot that didn't fool Wimbley -- Carr slippped and fell hard on his butt to end the drive.

axman40
01-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Yes I saw it. Never underestimate the disapointment at the loss of Vincent. Wasn't there. Didn't buy him a beer. His coins he wants to boo , his right.
3toepete I am begining to think you have a latent VY Mancrush!

:tease:

joedinkle
01-01-2007, 11:26 AM
I was at the game and didn't see it, but what I did notice was that everytime Carr did something bad, interception, 3 and out, etc, they brought out the Texans Cheerleaders...which I didnt mind.

A Texan
01-01-2007, 11:27 AM
It wasn't the only anti-Carr sign they showed. There was a lady holding a sign that said something like "bye-bye Carr" or something like that. When are the Texans going to get the message?

Vinny
01-01-2007, 11:31 AM
I was at the game and didn't see it, but what I did notice was that everytime Carr did something bad, interception, 3 and out, etc, they brought out the Texans Cheerleaders...which I didnt mind.you didn't see it because it was one sheet of paper held up for a few seconds in a sea of 60 thousand or however many people were there. There were anti-Carr signs all over the place though...you didn't have to look far. The title to this thread is misleading...there is no real "rumor" here other than the rumor some guy held up a small sign that said adios to Carr.

Charter PSL Fan
01-01-2007, 11:39 AM
The crowd at the Browns game proved their football intellegence by booing the Texans offense for kneeling down at the end with the game won. I guess that option is not on Madden football.

FILO_girl
01-01-2007, 11:54 AM
fyi for those who weren't there, there were thousands more in the stands who felt the same way as the sign holder. All you have to do is listen to what's being said.

People are frustrated, and rightfully so. Five three-and-outs and an interception yesterday among the Texans 8 real drives -- against a terrible defense. The Texans could have beaten maybe two teams yesterday -- the Browns and the Raiders.

So true. I was sitting in several sections yesterday (taking advantage of the opportunity to shop for more seats) and the fans were very vocal on Carr...and not to his benefit. The smack yodelers in attendance were not nice.

Yesterday's win was ugly. I don't see it as a win per se, we just sucked less than the Brownies did. Yes, a win is a win is a win...but some are just flat out fugly...like this one.

Dallas lost to Detroit. :tease: Gotta love it!

Browns fans were very cool, nice fans to banter with. :)

jayjordan
01-02-2007, 12:01 AM
The crowd at the Browns game proved their football intellegence by booing the Texans offense for kneeling down at the end with the game won. I guess that option is not on Madden football.

No its bad when you dont have enough confidence in your team or QB to get a easy touchdown on the BROWNS. Even when they played the titans what other team or QB would not have tried to march down the field for a field goal or something? No not DC he kneeled it. He has no confidence in self and I doubt his teammates do.

TexanLen
01-02-2007, 12:25 AM
No its bad when you dont have enough confidence in your team or QB to get a easy touchdown on the BROWNS. Even when they played the titans what other team or QB would not have tried to march down the field for a field goal or something? No not DC he kneeled it. He has no confidence in self and I doubt his teammates do.

uhmmm..... Let's see, you are up by 8 and the other team has no time outs. WhY WoULD YoU TrY? YoU Won!!! GaMe OvER!!!

You proved the intellegence point!!!

Ole Miss Texan
01-02-2007, 12:27 AM
If I remember correctly, the commentators said: "Ocho as refering to number 8", and they did not elaborate more.

Wow, sounds like a brilliant John Madden quote to me.

edo783
01-02-2007, 12:27 AM

That is such a load of steaming road apples. Kubes was showing class by not running up the score in the last 30 seconds or so. Obviously the idea/concept of showing class is something that escapes you.

jayjordan
01-02-2007, 12:35 AM
uhmmm..... Let's see, you are up by 8 and the other team has no time outs. WhY WoULD YoU TrY? YoU Won!!! GaMe OvER!!!

You proved the intellegence point!!!

Why not. Its the last game and DC hasnt proved enough to keep his job I would have tried at least a pass or something to try to solidify my spot next year. If your job was on the line and you havent been playing all that good would you try every way you can to sale yourself to the fans and coaching staff. You mean to tell me they couldnt get a couple of yards on the browns, wheres the confidence. I can see if we were in the playoffs or were a good team but what do we have to lose go for it.And in response to your smart comment....Contrary to ones belief Neanderthals still exist:bowser:

jayjordan
01-02-2007, 12:42 AM
That is such a load of steaming road apples. Kubes was showing class by not running up the score in the last 30 seconds or so. Obviously the idea/concept of showing class is something that escapes you.

Even people with class have to prove themselves. And what has DC proven? Im just saying if I was DC I would have tried something to keep my job b/c he hasnt done anything to keep it.Carr has alot of class but he's to frail and soft. Sometimes you have to do things to make a statement or prove a point to be respected. Its football who cares about class other than commentators and other unimportant people. Im not saying to be a d**k and unruly but come-on.

That is such a load of steaming road apples. You took sarcasm to a new level.

TexanLen
01-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Why not. Its the last game and DC hasnt proved enough to keep his job I would have tried at least a pass or something to try to solidify my spot next year. If your job was on the line and you havent been playing all that good would you try every way you can to sale yourself to the fans and coaching staff. You mean to tell me they couldnt get a couple of yards on the browns, wheres the confidence. I can see if we were in the playoffs or were a good team but what do we have to lose go for it.And in response to your smart comment....Contrary to ones belief Neanderthals still exist:bowser:

DC was not going to win his job for next year with less than 2 minutes to go in the season. It would have been classless and instead of being ridiculed about the draft choice, the Texans would have been trashed for trying to score and been know as a classless organization.

TexanLen
01-02-2007, 12:45 AM

Further more, it was also Kubiaks call. DC does not call plays. If DC would have done anything different, he would really be gone.

jayjordan
01-02-2007, 12:53 AM
Further more, it was also Kubiaks call. DC does not call plays. If DC would have done anything different, he would really be gone.

Ok but what does he have to lose anyway. McNair has the say so on DC and if DC would have scored a touchdown McNair probably would have pulled one last string b/c he loves carr. Im just saying if I was in DC shoes go for it you never know what could happen. And in dealing with what everyone else thinks about the organizations class who cares. You cant worry about what everyone thinks they sure didnt think about the fans and etc. when making draft pick decisions.And we make them rich with ticket sales and merchandise so what makes you think they care about other organiztions.

Ibar_Harry
01-02-2007, 12:54 AM

It is absolutely amazing when the HC says he calls all of the plays and allows no audibles how people still feel somehow that Carr is in control of the play calling. They think all of the short passes are calls fault rather than to perhapes realize that is the designed play call. I believe the short passing game has to do more with what Kubiak wants than what Carr wants. Part of it is simply a result of O-line play. Take a look at the video I commented on and you will see a good picture of what is happening on a lot of occassions.

TexanLen
01-02-2007, 01:07 AM
Ok but what does he have to lose anyway. McNair has the say so on DC and if DC would have scored a touchdown McNair probably would have pulled one last string b/c he loves carr. Im just saying if I was in DC shoes go for it you never know what could happen. And in dealing with what everyone else thinks about the organizations class who cares. You cant worry about what everyone thinks they sure didnt think about the fans and etc. when making draft pick decisions.And we make them rich with ticket sales and merchandise so what makes you think they care about other organiztions.

I apologize to the person who started this thread for going in a totally different direction.

This is more appropriate for the thread "So how can we fix our fans?"

edo783
01-02-2007, 01:12 AM
I apologize to the person who started this thread for going in a totally different direction.

Use JayJordan as the bad fan example in a training video?

Andrew6
01-02-2007, 01:17 AM
I think what most people were pissed about was that Browns have the worst run defense. Everyone knows this. Instead of running the ball and running up the score, they chose to try their luck at passing. News flash that hasn't worked for a while. People just wanted to see some more running. If Carr would of handed off every play of the game and had like 4 passes that were caught and won, he'd be a Houston home town hero right now.

bayoumaniac
01-02-2007, 01:27 AM
How about "Goodbye 8" if you really must voice your opinion. The commentators "translated" the sign (very small) into English for the rest of the English speaking country...and it was very short lived.
Not everyone in America speaks and reads spanish people.
Don't start hatin'......I am hispanic....and I still don't get the "ocho stinko" thing. Doesn't make sense to me.....and "adios ocho" really means "to god or go with god eight".
And this thread is giving the "author" of that "greeting card" more air time than he deserves.

The Pencil Neck
01-02-2007, 02:26 AM
I think what most people were pissed about was that Browns have the worst run defense. Everyone knows this. Instead of running the ball and running up the score, they chose to try their luck at passing. News flash that hasn't worked for a while. People just wanted to see some more running. If Carr would of handed off every play of the game and had like 4 passes that were caught and won, he'd be a Houston home town hero right now.

I think winning the game was almost secondary to putting Carr in a position to prove himself. These last few games have been an audition for Carr and he hasn't shown up.

I don't know what Kubiak is going to do with that piece of intelligence.

jayjordan
01-02-2007, 02:33 AM
Use JayJordan as the bad fan example in a training video?

Oooooooh that was supposed to be funny. Wait for it.......Wait for it.......Wait for it..........Ha!

jayjordan
01-02-2007, 02:40 AM

Right. Back on topic I dont blame the fans but then we did win but you are entitled to your own opinion to how a fan should act and respond.Maybe them boo-ing carr was to say we dont like you, who knows.And frankly who cares.At least we finished better than last year.Hopefully we can go 9-7 or 10-6 next year.

AggieTexanFan
01-02-2007, 03:11 AM
I was extremely disappointed in the behavior of some of the fans in the bullpen, Section 115, where I was sitting.

When the game was won, and Carr is kneeling the ball this one guy boos Carr, then says he doesn't pay 2000 grand for tickets to see Carr kneel the ball--what an *****

When Carr slid on the naked bootleg, that was a smart play. By going down it kept the clock running the the Browns were forced to use a time out

Carr had a bad game, but I think he will still be on the team next year, whether he starts I have no idea

Ole Miss Texan
01-02-2007, 03:35 AM
Even people with class have to prove themselves. And what has DC proven? Im just saying if I was DC I would have tried something to keep my job b/c he hasnt done anything to keep it.Carr has alot of class but he's to frail and soft. Sometimes you have to do things to make a statement or prove a point to be respected. Its football who cares about class other than commentators and other unimportant people. Im not saying to be a d**k and unruly but come-on.

If he would have tried to score more he most definitly would have lost his job not won it for next year. It would have proved that he is a bigger ***** than a lot of the 'haters' think he is. Every single coach, gm, nfl analyst in the entire world would have been like 'what in the world is he doing! kneel the ball you've got the game won! is he trying to lose his job!'

I feel full certain that was kubiaks call. if carr went against kubes, how do you think that would make him earn his job? what if one of our players got injured during that last meaningless play?

I was extremely disappointed in the behavior of some of the fans in the bullpen, Section 115, where I was sitting.

When the game was won, and Carr is kneeling the ball this one guy boos Carr, then says he doesn't pay 2000 grand for tickets to see Carr kneel the ball--what an *****
When Carr slid on the naked bootleg, that was a smart play. By going down it kept the clock running the the Browns were forced to use a time out

Carr had a bad game, but I think he will still be on the team next year, whether he starts I have no idea

That's ridiculous and an embarrasment for the texans. Kinda reminds me of when somebody is rude and talking down to the waitress at a restaurant for no reason just because he thinks he's a bigshot. I know thats a really weird analogy..

jayjordan
01-02-2007, 04:13 AM
[QUOTE=Ole Miss Texan;559890]If he would have tried to score more he most definitly would have lost his job not won it for next year. It would have proved that he is a bigger ***** than a lot of the 'haters' think he is. Every single coach, gm, nfl analyst in the entire world would have been like 'what in the world is he doing! kneel the ball you've got the game won! is he trying to lose his job!'

I feel full certain that was kubiaks call. if carr went against kubes, how do you think that would make him earn his job?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who knows what if carr finally stepped up to kubiak and told him that he wanted to go for it kubiak probably would have let him and who knows if he got it if he would have his job still or didnt get the touchdown and definitely lost his job.We dont know were neither DC or kubiak and the games behind us already.

And in answer to your second question say if he stepped up to kubiak and told him what he wanted to do and accomplished that.If you was kubiak and you had DC wouldnt him making the TD give you some kind of confidence in him and also It could be a confidence booster for DC himself and that could be the start of a turn around for DC.But again well never know will we.

TexanLen
01-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Who knows what if carr finally stepped up to kubiak and told him that he wanted to go for it kubiak probably would have let him and who knows if he got it if he would have his job still or didnt get the touchdown and definitely lost his job.We dont know were neither DC or kubiak and the games behind us already.

And in answer to your second question say if he stepped up to kubiak and told him what he wanted to do and accomplished that.If you was kubiak and you had DC wouldnt him making the TD give you some kind of confidence in him and also It could be a confidence booster for DC himself and that could be the start of a turn around for DC.But again well never know will we.

What makes you think Carr was going to change ANyBodYS mind about him in the last two minutes of the season. He couldn't do it in the first 958 minutes of the year. Can you imagine if he threw an INT for a TD how much worse the guy would have had it? The game was over, he, THe TEaM did the right thing.

IMO if he would have done anything idiotic like run up the score, he would have jeopodized his value to any team, including the Texans.

jerek
01-02-2007, 09:43 AM

People are frustrated, and rightfully so. Five three-and-outs and an interception yesterday among the Texans 8 real drives -- against a terrible defense. The Texans could have beaten maybe two teams yesterday -- the Browns and the Raiders. No, it's not all the QBs fault, but a lot of it is. Average play out of the QB position would be an improvement.

Anyone else see the symbolism of the play that ended the Texans last real drive? [3-7-CLV 35 (2:24) 8-D.Carr left end to CLV 42 for -7 yards (95-K.Wimbley).] Naked boot that didn't fool Wimbley -- Carr slippped and fell hard on his butt to end the drive.

I was watching it on TV and IIRC it looked like Carr deliberately went down to avoid risking a bad play with a lead and dwindling time, keep the clock running. He wasn't getting away from Wimberly and while I couldn't tell if anyone was open that he should have found, it seemed like the wise play at that moment in time.

thunderkyss
01-02-2007, 10:14 AM
any body remember David's final knee at the end of the Miami Game??

He was told to take a couple of steps before kneeling to run more time off the clock.

He took two steps back, then stumbled on his own two feet..... no pressure, no rushers, he just tripped on his own two feet, rolled.... popped back up then went down to one knee.

I thought it was hialrious....

I figured at the end of the Browns game, Kubes just wanted to see if David could take a knee without screwing it up.

GuerillaBlack
01-02-2007, 01:24 PM
any body remember David's final knee at the end of the Miami Game??

He was told to take a couple of steps before kneeling to run more time off the clock.

He took two steps back, then stumbled on his own two feet..... no pressure, no rushers, he just tripped on his own two feet, rolled.... popped back up then went down to one knee.

I thought it was hialrious....

I figured at the end of the Browns game, Kubes just wanted to see if David could take a knee without screwing it up.

:francis: What are we going to do with this David Carr. Can't even take a damn kneel down right.

ATX
01-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Every team in the NFL, college, and high school would have taken a knee in that situation. You're up by 8 and the time will run out because they have no timeouts. That is what is supposed to happen, to say otherwise is simply foolish.

Tulip
01-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Every team in the NFL, college, and high school would have taken a knee in that situation. You're up by 8 and the time will run out because they have no timeouts. That is what is supposed to happen, to say otherwise is simply foolish.

And it's not even about class, it's about sound strategy. Why put the ball in the other team's hands when you have complete control of the game?

aj.
01-02-2007, 01:47 PM
I was watching it on TV and IIRC it looked like Carr deliberately went down to avoid risking a bad play with a lead and dwindling time, keep the clock running. He wasn't getting away from Wimberly and while I couldn't tell if anyone was open that he should have found, it seemed like the wise play at that moment in time.

I was watching from my seat not too far away and after he rolled out of the boot, turned and realized Wimbley was there, he slipped and fell uncermoniously on his butt. There were no receivers in Carr's view - it was a run by design. I was disappointed that Carr couldn't avoid Wimbley because he was the only Browns player in the area and there was a LOT of real estate behind him, aka game ending first down. The slick turf was a factor.

ATX
01-02-2007, 01:49 PM
And it's not even about class, it's about sound strategy. Why put the ball in the other team's hands when you have complete control of the game?

Exactly......Kubiak would have been called the stupidest coach in history if he had done anything besides kneel the ball. Why even risk a fumble or interception when you have the game won?

imatexan
01-02-2007, 01:52 PM
After the game by the 610 booth, a guy walked up wearing a Carr jersey and on the back over Carr said "Ocho stinko" and the 610 people started talking about it

TexanLen
01-03-2007, 12:42 AM
I thought about it and have come to the conclusion that we should have scored!!! Mercy is for the weak. We should have stomped on them more while we could. :joker:

The Texans did the right thing.

I actually DVR'd the game because it was the last one of the season. When did the sign show up on TV. i must have been on a beer run to the fridge.

SamuraiSword
01-03-2007, 01:42 AM
I didn't get to watch the game today (driving to the in-laws 8 hours away). When I got there, I heard there was was fan in crowd with a sign that said "Adios Ocho", or something like that. Is that true, and did anyone punch him in the face or buy him a beer?
~Proteus

Well tis a fans right to do what he wishes at a game. He did pay for the tickets with his hard earned cash. If he is displeased with a product might as well show how you feel. I personally kind of find it funny when people body paint themselves and when it rains all that paint runs off them. Then they really look funny. Fans just do what fans just feel like doing.

shinerbock_girl
01-03-2007, 05:52 AM
Not that i would do something like this to my team, but this is a football game, not Disney Land where everyone is happy and skipping around holding hands......Your going to see things you don't like, but i guess thats what makes this game interesting...Make up for it by yelling even louder, that will get on their nerves more then useless comments about not liking their signs...

jayjordan
01-03-2007, 06:24 AM
What makes you think Carr was going to change ANyBodYS mind about him in the last two minutes of the season. He couldn't do it in the first 958 minutes of the year. Can you imagine if he threw an INT for a TD how much worse the guy would have had it? The game was over, he, THe TEaM did the right thing.

IMO if he would have done anything idiotic like run up the score, he would have jeopodized his value to any team, including the Texans.

I agree from a coaching standpoint, they kneeled and won good. I just wanted a little bit more especially from carr from a fan standpoint. I wanted him to show me something.

Koolaid Time
01-03-2007, 08:57 AM
Not that i would do something like this to my team, but this is a football game, not Disney Land where everyone is happy and skipping around holding hands......Your going to see things you don't like, but i guess thats what makes this game interesting...Make up for it by yelling even louder, that will get on their nerves more then useless comments about not liking their signs...

Well, the concession stand prices--$6.00 sodas, $7.00 beers, etc. rank right up there with Disneyland.