PDA

View Full Version : Think we could get Tiki Barber?

Grid
12-31-2006, 03:01 PM
To come over this offseason and teach Taylor how to hold the ball? :tease:

Right now, Taylor's fumbling problem is the only thing stopping him from being our premier back. Its a big issue though. If he could fix it this offseason, I could see him winning the starting spot, with Dayne sharing carries with him, and Lundy backing them up.

Im assuming the Gado experiment is a failure, since i havent even seen him suit up for more than a couple games. Seems odd to me, since he looked good out there when he did play. Nice combination of power and speed.

I hope that todays game reaffirmed with some people that Carr needs to go. The more I think about it though, the more I see us signing Plummer and keeping Carr for another season or so. I could see us using Plummer for a year or two until we can draft a QB that we really like. I dunno if there will be anyone available to us at our picks in this year's questionable QB draft class.

6-10. Not a bad year really. We looked like a really bad team at times.. and we looked like a really bad team with lots of talent at other times. Hopefully with a little more talent, and a little more time in this system, we will come in next year looking like a professional team on the verge of something good. I think its very possible.. our needs are not huge.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I think DeMeco Ryans deserves Rookie of the Year.. not Defensive Rookie of the Year, he deserves the whole shabang.. best rookie drafted. Vince Young for Offensive Rookie of the Year and that Anderson kid from Chicago or A.J. Hawk for Defensive Rookie of the year.

Well I dont know about yall.. but I am satisfied. I think we have a lot of up and coming talent.. and a very good coaching staff. I see us going places with this team if we can just get ourselves a better QB, a better saftey, some help at DT, and some improvements on the offensive line. Everywhere else I think we are doing just fine.

Good year Texans.. lets keep on improving. Time to settle in for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong offseason. Thank god the Astros look interesting this year.

TexanFanInCC
12-31-2006, 03:09 PM
nice post!

Grid
12-31-2006, 03:11 PM
:pigfly:

:yes:

woot!

*puts a mark under the "replies from people that didnt read the post" column*

TexanFanInCC
12-31-2006, 03:11 PM
again, nice post!

hehe :mario:

i see what you mean. when barber made the correction of holding the ball against his shoulder and not at the waistline, it made a huge difference. taylor looked very comfortable running in this system. he'll get a good look in offseason. adrian peterwho?

GuerillaBlack
12-31-2006, 03:14 PM
I think we should draft JaMarcus Russell from LSU (if he declares). We could probably find some good D-Line in FA.

Sportsfan
12-31-2006, 04:19 PM
People- Tiki is done after this season. Going into broadcasting.

#Ocho
12-31-2006, 04:23 PM

I'm trying to figure out which had more coverage in the last day of news...

Saddam getting hanged or Tiki announcing his retirement and going into broadcasting.

Grid
12-31-2006, 04:25 PM

Another mark in the ol' column :D

The Pencil Neck
12-31-2006, 04:37 PM

Um, yeah. The point of the original post was to bring him in, not as a player, but to have him show Taylor how to fix his fumble problems.

#Ocho
12-31-2006, 05:02 PM
Um, yeah. The point of the original post was to bring him in, not as a player, but to have him show Taylor how to fix his fumble problems.

Umm.... no. That wasn't his point. Here, let me c&p what he actually said for you:

"If he could fix it this offseason, I could see him winning the starting spot, with Dayne sharing carries with him, and Lundy backing them up."

How is he going to win the "starting spot" "not as a player"?

TexanSam
12-31-2006, 05:03 PM
I wish we could get Tiki Barber both to teach Taylor to hold onto the ball and to replace Andre Ware as our color analyst on the radio. He's not very good.

Grid
12-31-2006, 05:05 PM
Right now, Taylor's fumbling problem is the only thing stopping him from being our premier back. Its a big issue though. If he could fix it this offseason, I could see him winning the starting spot, with Dayne sharing carries with him, and Lundy backing them up.

Read carefully :D

#Ocho
12-31-2006, 05:11 PM
Read carefully :D

Okay, I'll give you that. The over use of pronouns had me confused on who he, him, thy, thee, and thou are.