PDA

View Full Version : Its Taylor Time!!!!

Imatexanfan
12-31-2006, 01:41 PM
This guy is something else.

Breaking tackles and yards after the 1st hit is incredible! With closing in on 100yards rushing, in the 3rd quarter, with his first TD this season.:ok:

We still got the 4th quarter to play. I say he gets 150 yards!!
He's really something special, I just don't understand why it took Kubes this long to play him?!:shades:

BeerFan
12-31-2006, 02:25 PM
Kubiak was probably getting him ready to do things like this

Goldeagle
12-31-2006, 02:52 PM
Great running by Taylor and now he just needs to be coached on the aspects of the game! Do you still want AP in the draft or are you set with DD (If healthy) Dayne and Taylor?

t_flare
12-31-2006, 03:02 PM
I will take my chances with DD comming back..if not i am confident with Taylor and Dayne... remember kubiak is a running system.. you dont need the name you need the game

hot pickle
12-31-2006, 03:07 PM
did anyone else kinda notice that chester pitts was to taylor as to what larry allen is to gore?

TexanFan881
12-31-2006, 03:07 PM
I think Taylor would have done even better if he was splitting with Dayne. He even said he was winded after the game. Dayne and Taylor will be a good combo for us next year if we don't address the RB position in the offseason.

valleytexfan
12-31-2006, 03:08 PM
Chris Taylor ran with a purpose...way to go!!!:ok:

Grid
12-31-2006, 03:09 PM
Taylor needs to hold onto the ball better. He came into this game with the "fumble problem" cloud over his head.. and still put the ball on the ground once.

If he can fix that problem this offseason, then I dont see why we couldnt go into next season with Taylor, Dayne, and Lundy as our runningbacks. between the three of them, and an improved oline, and a better QB, we should be able to run the ball effectively.

TheIronDuke
12-31-2006, 03:09 PM
Great running by Taylor and now he just needs to be coached on the aspects of the game! Do you still want AP in the draft or are you set with DD (If healthy) Dayne and Taylor?

We wouldn't be in position to get AP even if we wanted to, but I liked what Taylor showed today. I do believe that Taylor and Dayne would make a great combo at RB. If DD does somehow come back, then we'll be overloaded at the position which is never a bad thing.

valleytexfan
12-31-2006, 03:14 PM
Taylor, Dayne, lol. Sorry. :hides:

HoustonFan
12-31-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm shocked that they waited these last couple of games to put him in the mix. He was pretty good in the pre-season. He'll be back.

Imatexanfan
12-31-2006, 03:19 PM

It COULD happen, with more coaching in Taylor on his carrying techniques I don't think its funny but its a good possibility.:tease:

HoustonFan
12-31-2006, 03:20 PM

:embarrass :penalty: It's all good though. :party:

valleytexfan
12-31-2006, 03:21 PM
I meant the singer...lol

DRAMA
12-31-2006, 03:23 PM
Taylor needs to hold onto the ball better. He came into this game with the "fumble problem" cloud over his head.. and still put the ball on the ground once.

It looked like to me he didn't take his full counter step and was up on the FB and QB a little too quick. Looking at it again, it appears that the ball hits him just inside the hip. And as a RB, he can't look for the ball, the QB has to put it in there for him.

Just looked like a flub between RB and QB on the replay...IMHO.

Carr Bombed
12-31-2006, 03:31 PM
Botched snaps really don't bother me as much as a straight fumble.

I Botched snap is a just a mishap between two players, its nothing like running with the ball and putting it on the ground, like Cook did all year.

However with Vonta Leach we won't have to worry about that anymore :) that kid can play

BeerFan
12-31-2006, 03:43 PM
Taylor Dayne. haha. i caught it, dont worry.

BeerFan
12-31-2006, 03:44 PM
maybe we can get carnie wilson to play left tackle :marionaner:

Hardcore Texan
12-31-2006, 03:52 PM
maybe we can get carnie wilson to play left tackle :marionaner:

Now that is humor. ROTFLMAO.

Koolbrz
12-31-2006, 03:52 PM
This guy is something else.

Breaking tackles and yards after the 1st hit is incredible! With closing in on 100yards rushing, in the 3rd quarter, with his first TD this season.:ok:

We still got the 4th quarter to play. I say he gets 150 yards!!
He's really something special, I just don't understand why it took Kubes this long to play him?!:shades:

He was ok today. I still think we should go after Turner or the best back available in the draft. The backs on this roster are not all that. Too inconsistent. The only one with decent speed is Taylor. Dayne is too damn slow. Lundy is not very consistent. If we want a repeat of this yrs. running game, we stick with these guys.

IMHO, we need to go after a real GAMEBREAKER!! Someone thats a threat every time he touches the ball. I dont see that in the RB's we have. You seriously have to consider that we played the 32nd and 30th ranked rush defense's in the league the last two weeks. We only rushed for 102 yds during the game. Thats not including DC's -8 yds rushing. Not very impressive to me. We need to stop thinking that any back can come in and be a 1,000 yd back and go after the Best back available during Free Agency and/or the draft. I don't want the 2nd or 3rd best back available. I want the best!!! Of course it's gonna cost us something, but you have to give up something to get something.

I'm just sick and tired of thinking that what we have is good enough then the crap hits the fan during the season and everyone is B_ _ _ _IN!!! We need to show more testicular fortitude and go after players that are going to make a difference. Enough with the so-so players!! That is why we are in the position we are in now. That way of thinking sux!! I'm not just talking about the RB position. I am also talking about our QB position as well. Can't wait to see what the Texans next move will be!!

threetoedpete
12-31-2006, 04:03 PM

If he can fix that problem this offseason, then I dont see why we couldnt go into next season with Taylor, Dayne, and Lundy as our runningbacks. between the three of them, and an improved oline, and a better QB, we should be able to run the ball effectively.

Agreed. I'm not a QB's coach but would the lack of snaps in practice have something to do with that ? I mean I can give a little grace to just coming out of the dog house. He has improved since the summer.

And we need All Day because ? All Day will fall. The question is , if we're in a positon to take him do we do it. Do you move up for the guy ? How many running backs do you need on the roster ?

nunusguy
12-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Sorry, but I have to give Kubiak an F for the way he's managed the RBs this
year.
He trades Verand Morency away for a guy who isn't even suiting up for games
this month, while Morency can be seen on national TV tonight starring for the Packers.
And the other most talented running back on the Texans roster, Chris Taylor,
got on the field just last week for the first time all season.

Carr Bombed
12-31-2006, 04:39 PM
He was ok today. I still think we should go after Turner or the best back available in the draft. The backs on this roster are not all that. Too inconsistent. The only one with decent speed is Taylor. Dayne is too damn slow. Lundy is not very consistent. If we want a repeat of this yrs. running game, we stick with these guys.

IMHO, we need to go after a real GAMEBREAKER!! Someone thats a threat every time he touches the ball. I dont see that in the RB's we have. You seriously have to consider that we played the 32nd and 30th ranked rush defense's in the league the last two weeks. We only rushed for 102 yds during the game. Thats not including DC's -8 yds rushing. Not very impressive to me. We need to stop thinking that any back can come in and be a 1,000 yd back and go after the Best back available during Free Agency and/or the draft. I don't want the 2nd or 3rd best back available. I want the best!!! Of course it's gonna cost us something, but you have to give up something to get something.

I'm just sick and tired of thinking that what we have is good enough then the crap hits the fan during the season and everyone is B_ _ _ _IN!!! We need to show more testicular fortitude and go after players that are going to make a difference. Enough with the so-so players!! That is why we are in the position we are in now. That way of thinking sux!! I'm not just talking about the RB position. I am also talking about our QB position as well. Can't wait to see what the Texans next move will be!!

How long did we have the ball. When you don't have the ball you aren't going to put up rushing stats. Our backs are fine, we have pressing needs elsewhere.

Carr Bombed
12-31-2006, 04:42 PM
Sorry, but I have to give Kubiak an F for the way he's managed the RBs this
year.
He trades Verand Morency away for a guy who isn't even suiting up for games
this month, while Morency can be seen on national TV tonight starring for the Packers.
And the other most talented running back on the Texans roster, Chris Taylor,
got on the field just last week for the first time all season.

To be fair, the Morency deal hangs more on Sherman's head than Kubiak. I'm sure Mike had a lot to do with that trade.

Imatexanfan
12-31-2006, 04:42 PM
How long did we have the ball. When you don't have the ball you aren't going to put up rushing stats. Our backs are fine, we have pressing needs elsewhere.

I'm with on that the RB's are fine.

I just want to suggest that we continue to build our line and secondary FIRST.

axman40
12-31-2006, 05:28 PM
http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_843821.jpg
Taylor For 6!!!!

:fans:

Sportsfan
12-31-2006, 06:37 PM
You know who Taylor reminds me of? Larry Johnson.
I was watching the KC game too and it looks like to me that CT and LJ have VERY similar running styles and speed/burst.
He sure looked promising today. But can he keep that up for a full NFL season? I sure hope we get to see next year.

GuerillaBlack
12-31-2006, 07:24 PM
http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_843821.jpg

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGS073~Larry-Johnson-05-06-Action-Posters.jpg

Same running style, same number.

t_flare
12-31-2006, 07:48 PM
reggie who?

mannyo123
12-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Now that is humor. ROTFLMAO.

Way to go TAYLOR!

Andrew6
12-31-2006, 08:16 PM
only thing i saw wrong with Taylor is he needs to slow down a little bit, wait for his blocks. The guy looked awesome and if he would of waited a second or two more here and there he would have rushed for a lot more.

Also I don't see why anyone is complaining about Gado. The guy has really done his job when he is playing. We have 4 RB's right now and it seems they all play well against different teams. Gado did what Dayne was unable to do earlier this season. Now that Dayne is looking good give Gado a break.

Owen Daniels "Guarenteed" a Super Bowl appearance by the Texans next year...

Koolbrz
01-01-2007, 01:52 AM

Thats my whole point. How long did we have the ball? If we are running the ball the way we should, we should of had the ball a whole lot longer than what we did. I guess you can all jump on the C. Taylor wagon for now. When things go sour next yr. everybody will be calling for his head on a silver platter. I won't be content until they pick up a legit RB. I dont see the team going anywhere with the backs on this roster. Let them face a couple of real run defenses and we will be back to averaging about 1 1/2 to 2 yds a carry. Then we will see what you have to say about that. By the way, a stud RB is a pressing need!! Especially in this offense. We need the run to set up everything else.

GuerillaBlack
01-01-2007, 01:58 AM
Thats my whole point. How long did we have the ball? If we are running the ball the way we should, we should of had the ball a whole lot longer than what we did. I guess you can all jump on the C. Taylor wagon for now. When things go sour next yr. everybody will be calling for his head on a silver platter. I won't be content until they pick up a legit RB. I dont see the team going anywhere with the backs on this roster. Let them face a couple of real run defenses and we will be back to averaging about 1 1/2 to 2 yds a carry. Then we will see what you have to say about that. By the way, a stud RB is a pressing need!! Especially in this offense. We need the run to set up everything else.

The opposite of what you are saying will happen next year (Dayne has ran good for five weeks and Taylor looks like Larry Johnson or Willie Parker).

beerlover
01-01-2007, 02:27 AM
very impressed with Chirs Taylor today. excellent work. he seems explosive off the exchange, could be a reason for the difficulty with his ball control (timing issue that would improve with more carries). Lundy has changed to more of a short yardage, blocking/receiving back. Dayne when healthy is your power back. Leach has just been awesome @ FB Kubiak has found a keeper for sure there. not sure about Gado could be the odd man out now with Taylors rise :hide:

Koolbrz
01-01-2007, 04:40 PM
The opposite of what you are saying will happen next year (Dayne has ran good for five weeks and Taylor looks like Larry Johnson or Willie Parker).

Dayne will not last very long with this team, C.Taylor is no Larry Johnson. He might be a lil like fast Willie and i do mean A LIL, but not a Larry Johson. I just hope that DD aka DW comes back healthy cause he is the only one on this roster that can be the stud that this team needs. Yes Taylor will come in and get DD some rest which is a good thing, but our stu will be DW.

Would still like for them to pick up a solid back in the draft or go after Turner. Gado is done, Dayne will be our 3rd back Taylor our second and hopefully DW will be back at the starting position. Just read some incouraging news that DW is coming along nicely and might be ready for next season.

South Texan
01-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Some folks are pointing out that Taylor and Dayne were up against teams with poor run defense.

I have to ask myself, why does a team not do good against the run, and all I can figure out is the D-Line gets owned by the O-Line.

With that in mind, if we get a top notch O-Line THAT CAN STAY HEALTHY, I have to think Dayne, Taylor, or whoever will be able to run on anyone. They may not be making 200 yards each per game, but the other team will have to respect the run and that opens up all sorts of posibilities.

tulexan
01-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Some folks are pointing out that Taylor and Dayne were up against teams with poor run defense.

I have to ask myself, why does a team not do good against the run, and all I can figure out is the D-Line gets owned by the O-Line.

That is partly true, but you also have bad tackling which can greatly affect how well a team runs the ball.

phan1
01-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Now I can see why people were raving about him in the preseason! If he can hold on to the ball, he should be in there with Dayne as our 1-2 punch. And with Davis coming back, we got some solid runners. Solid enough to not have to go after a RB high in the draft. We got more problems, and I would rather use our #1 pick on something other than RB.

When Morency left, I really missed not having anyone with much athleticism in the backfield (a guy with some speed), but Taylor could really fill those shoes. I really hope he becomes a big part of our team next season.