PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Merriman responds to Jason Taylor

kastofsna
12-30-2006, 11:17 AM
Shawne Merriman added some thoughts of his own when responding to criticism from fellow NFL Defensive Player of the Year candidate Jason Taylor, telling the North County Times, "I sent (Taylor) a 'Lights Out' hat and a 'Lights Out' T-shirt and a bag of popcorn so he can watch us in the playoffs."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6317616

cool, he just guaranteed JT wins the DPOY. :marionaner:

TEXANS84
12-30-2006, 12:08 PM
Should be interesting once they both play for the AFC team in the pro-bowl.

tulexan
12-30-2006, 12:11 PM
That's awesome

mike moffat
12-30-2006, 12:22 PM
from the link above...
well, duh...that's the whole point of the outrage. Merriman is destroying his reputation and he can't blame anyone but himself.

Open mouth, insert foot. (and anything else that will fit)

nunusguy
12-30-2006, 12:41 PM
I dunno, but is this the best response that Merriman and his lawyer could
compose ? Dang lame if you ask me.

Goldeagle
12-30-2006, 12:49 PM
I dont know why they are fighting over DROY when we all know it should be Demeco.

WildBlackBear32
12-30-2006, 12:53 PM
I dont know why they are fighting over DROY when we all know it should be Demeco.

Defensive player of the year...not rookie...

dtran04
12-30-2006, 12:54 PM
I don't see why steroids are taken so lightly in the NFL. If I was a marginal NFL player, I have no reason NOT to do it. If its a potential millions in earnings, a month of minimum salary would mean nothing.

hot pickle
12-30-2006, 01:03 PM
haha thats my boy

mexican_texan
12-30-2006, 01:09 PM
I hope Merriman gets trucked.

kingh99
12-30-2006, 01:29 PM
Crazy, cocky and drug addled still wins in the NFL I see. What did you all think? People in their right mind go killer crazy at kickoff every Sunday? Every team that wants to win it all needs a crazy fool like this guy or a guy like the crazy LB in NE that blew a blood vessel in the brain a couple of years back. Sure sign he's a player if he's having aneurisms out there. Some guys don't care about tomorrow. Those guys often lose in life from the long view but more often than not win in the NFL. What are you going to do? Discourage it?

This is exactly like the MLB where fans paid to see the long ball and then feigned outraged to find out their hero gorillas were juicing.

Goldeagle
12-30-2006, 02:01 PM
Defensive player of the year...not rookie...

Yeah, thats what I meant my bad!

TexansSeminole
12-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Shawne Merriman added some thoughts of his own when responding to criticism from fellow NFL Defensive Player of the Year candidate Jason Taylor, telling the North County Times, "I sent (Taylor) a 'Lights Out' hat and a 'Lights Out' T-shirt and a bag of popcorn so he can watch us in the playoffs."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6317616

cool, he just guaranteed JT wins the DPOY. :marionaner:

Maybe he really doesn't care about the DPOY. Taylor obviously does. Merriman is just saying "hey hold on to that DPOY because thats all you have."

TexansSeminole
12-30-2006, 04:26 PM

Wait do you think that Taylor and Merriman are rookies? Wth?

yourfavoritetexan42
12-31-2006, 07:29 PM
maybe jason can send merriman some serenges after he gets that return address from the lights out stuff.