PDA

View Full Version : NFL allows networks to present "double doubleheader"

SA Texan
12-29-2006, 11:50 PM
For the first time, both CBS and FOX will be televising two games this Sunday.

LINK (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApfD4mLBoP2c0PmqL99Ib5FDubYF?slug=ap-nfltelevision&prov=ap&type=lgns)

edo783
12-30-2006, 12:20 AM

LINK (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ApfD4mLBoP2c0PmqL99Ib5FDubYF?slug=ap-nfltelevision&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Cool, more oportunity to channel flip incesently. I'll probably be divorced by late Sunday.

Hookem Horns
12-30-2006, 12:40 AM

That should be an every Sunday thing.

Showtime100
12-30-2006, 01:49 AM
That should be an every Sunday thing.

Agreed. It's nice to see us fans getting a little something extra from the league.:)

Scooter
12-30-2006, 02:22 AM
i'm loving the way this is headed. with nfl network taking thursday & saturday nights, spreading out sundays, and monday night football (which needs to get back to abc) i have more ways to escape the house and watch too much football.

nunusguy
12-30-2006, 10:41 AM
Agreed. It's nice to see us fans getting a little something extra from the league.:)
I dunno, but doesn't the NFL already have a generous enough exemption from
anti-trust legislation without being granted the power to limit Sunday afternoon TV converage by the network/cable companys, after consideration for blacking-out markets in the event of ticket sales < 100 % ?

Showtime100
12-30-2006, 03:26 PM
I dunno, but doesn't the NFL already have a generous enough exemption from
anti-trust legislation without being granted the power to limit Sunday afternoon TV converage by the network/cable companys, after consideration for blacking-out markets in the event of ticket sales < 100 % ?

Yea, I was being sarcastic. I should have used the sign (~) or made it more clear by :sarcasm:.

I guess I didn't want to sound too :crying: LOL.

My real opinion is the NFL wants to shake us down at every turn. Speaking of the fleecing of my pocketbook, I've been talked into going to see "We Are Marshall." Wish me luck. :popcorn:

shinerbock_girl
12-31-2006, 12:48 AM
Yea, I was being sarcastic. I should have used the sign (~) or made it more clear by :sarcasm:.

I guess I didn't want to sound too :crying: LOL.

My real opinion is the NFL wants to shake us down at every turn. Speaking of the fleecing of my pocketbook, I've been talked into going to see "We Are Marshall." Wish me luck. :popcorn:

I almost rented that movie....Just soo sadddd...Don't know if i can stomach it

Showtime100
12-31-2006, 12:52 AM
I almost rented that movie....Just soo sadddd...Don't know if i can stomach it

I'll see it Monday, as it turns out. I've heard it wasn't very well done. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm going Monday because I'm not missing this double-double header for anything. GO LIONS!!!:hides: