PDA

View Full Version : Will they keep DD?

jayjordan
12-28-2006, 01:24 AM
Do yall think there going to keep D.Davis? It would be a little stupid if they did b/c he wont be the same player he was when he was playing. He's been gone 2 years so im pretty sure he's a bit slower and not as quick and not able to really think on the move. But who knows?:stirpot: Just thinking

TexanSam
12-28-2006, 01:41 AM
Too early to tell. My initial thought is yes. I don't know how well his knee is healing up so I'm just going by instinct. We should get a clearer picture during the offseason.

Texas_Thrill
12-28-2006, 01:45 AM
i would say it depends but my hunch is yes. Look at how long we kept joppy.

DD could serve as dayne's back-up in this situation and good 3rd down back though in all honesty I'd have to wait until I hear how the coaching staff honestly feels about C. Taylor. If they like him enough....DD is done.

Unlike QB's you won't see any crazy attempts to trade a 2nd round pick for (ala culpepper) so to me his value is pretty mute.

tsip
12-28-2006, 01:47 AM
As already posted many times, DRS have said DD's knee is as good as it's going to get--DD has said he won't play 1) with pain and 2) won't play unless his knee is like it was before....

That gives me a 'strong' indication he won't be back, though he got some 'reprieve' because the team could not cut him yet under the 'player's bargaining' agreement--maybe someone can 'close' this situation once and for all....

kiwitexansfan
12-28-2006, 02:56 AM
I don't think he will personally.

His injury status is cause for doubt about him wanting to be back, the other consideration is big cap number.

If he wants back I think he gets traded (unlikely given health) or cut.

I do think however we got pretty decent value from that 4th round pick.

powerfuldragon
12-28-2006, 03:24 AM
Domanick Davis has no cartilage in one of his knees. If the texans keep him, they're a sadistic organization.

jayjordan
12-28-2006, 04:53 AM
Domanick Davis has no cartilage in one of his knees. If the texans keep him, they're a sadistic organization.

Well look at all the other stupid stuff they done. I wouldnt put it past them to keep him

tsip
12-28-2006, 07:33 AM
Well look at all the other stupid stuff they done. I wouldnt put it past them to keep him

...plus, he just got a big raise (ala Carr), so we got to have some justification,right?

brewhaus
12-28-2006, 08:53 AM
DD is done IMO. He won't be able to overcome the condition of his knee (enough to compete in the NFL). :twocents:

TexanFanInCC
12-28-2006, 09:19 AM
DD is done IMO. He won't be able to overcome the condition of his knee (enough to compete in the NFL). :twocents:

I agree. If they do bring him back, it would probably be best to work him in like they tried to do with tony hollings. It wouldnt be smart to make him the primary back getting 20+ touches a game. I just dont think he could physically do it, and at this stage of Kubiaks building of the team, it wouldnt be very rewarding. I think the combo of dayne and taylor will suffice for a while, and I dont find it totally necessary to address the tailback position early in the draft when you desperately need a disruptive force at DT and another shutdown corner.

brewhaus
12-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Quoting from another thread:
Mancunian had some interesting info-
Thomas Jones. He's a bruiser of a back that can do a job. Last year he carried that Bears offense - 1300+ yards as they had Kyle Orton at QB.
Jones is on his way out of Chicago as Benson will be the starter next year (IMHO).

I think the Texans would be wise to seek back field help via picking up a vet, I just think there are too many other areas the team needs immediate help at, and running back isn't one them.

amazingandre
12-30-2006, 12:36 PM
He is still activated i think but they are chekcing out Taylor now.....and dane is the starter well cuz he is oing amazing lately and we still want to win.....

Vinny
12-30-2006, 12:40 PM
The Texans put him on IR instead of cutting him so I'd say it looks like we hope he can play next year.