PDA

View Full Version : No Battle Red?

valleytexfan
12-27-2006, 03:53 PM
I thought the Texans wore Battle Red twice per season? They're scheduled to wear the steel blue this weekend. IIRC, they only wore Battle Red vs Jax.

El Tejano
12-27-2006, 04:00 PM
I think that is due to us wearing the Steel Blue on Sunday as the second alternate uniform for the season.

If you ask me, let's do All Blue for every home game except for Battle Red Day.

valleytexfan
12-27-2006, 04:03 PM
So the Liberty White that opened the year didn't count...okay. So the all blue was an alternate...got it. But that makes three times, doesn't it? How many times are allowed?

By the way, Tejano, I agree with the all-blue unis for home games. It looked great and the result was better.

disaacks3
12-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Neither All-White, nor All-Blue counted as "Alternate" uniforms.

For some reason, the Texans elected to NOT have a 2nd Red uniform (Alternate) game this year.

ATX
12-27-2006, 04:15 PM
I know it would be ugly, but what about battle red jerseys and steel blue pants?

Khari
12-27-2006, 04:16 PM
all white was not purdy........:lightbulb:

do all red! :yes:

El Tejano
12-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Maybe they'll suprise us against The Browns considering they want the team to play hyped so that we can get the two in a row, and coming off a win like we had this past Sunday.

Is there anywhere we can go to petition to keep the all Blue. Man, we looked too tough in that blue.

Hervoyel
12-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Didn't they do this a while back? I seem to remember them springing a Battle Red day on the fans at the last second one year. I think it was in 2004 but it might have been 2003.

For the record I don't think it's a very good idea to do it that way. I remember a bunch of people complaining that it was Battle Red day and they didn't know in advance. I hope they're not doing this again.

On the other hand it would be kind of cool if the fans decided one day to try and make the game a Battle Red kind of day. Just have everyone show up wearing all red and going nuts. The NFL says you can only have two alternate jersey days but they can't tell the fans what to wear (yet).

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
12-27-2006, 05:09 PM
They can wear what they want - if you think uniform color affects winning or losing you need to bring your wuck wabbits foot to the game...

Still think they'll end the season with another "L"

sprtsfanatic
12-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Didn't they do this a while back? I seem to remember them springing a Battle Red day on the fans at the last second one year. I think it was in 2004 but it might have been 2003.

For the record I don't think it's a very good idea to do it that way. I remember a bunch of people complaining that it was Battle Red day and they didn't know in advance. I hope they're not doing this again.

On the other hand it would be kind of cool if the fans decided one day to try and make the game a Battle Red kind of day. Just have everyone show up wearing all red and going nuts. The NFL says you can only have two alternate jersey days but they can't tell the fans what to wear (yet).

Im with this suggestion...I like....I like it a lot.:yahoo:

Erratic Assassin
12-27-2006, 08:41 PM
I know it would be ugly, but what about battle red jerseys and steel blue pants?

That would look better than all the rest in my opinion. Liberty white day is stupid.

kfranco_utexas
12-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Blue on blue is pretty cool. Love the red

TheOgre
12-27-2006, 09:46 PM
I want to see the red jersey with blue pants.

OzzO
12-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Didn't they do this a while back? I seem to remember them springing a Battle Red day on the fans at the last second one year. I think it was in 2004 but it might have been 2003. ...

Don't recall the year, but I want to say it was against a divisional opponent late in the year. Titans or Colts - leaning more towards Colt game. (how's that for helping out) :rolleyes:

As for me, I think I may do battle red to end the year - just because.

Texans86
12-27-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm up for an all red uniform. That might look pretty cool. Have two uniforms, one all red, one all blue.

Texans_Chick
12-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Don't recall the year, but I want to say it was against a divisional opponent late in the year. Titans or Colts - leaning more towards Colt game. (how's that for helping out) :rolleyes:

As for me, I think I may do battle red to end the year - just because.

I am pretty sure it was the Titans game in 2004. Had a bad start, but then came back and beat them.

I remember this because I was a Ultimate Texan Fan finalist that year and was on the field when they came out for warmups. We were all surprised that they were in red because it wasn't announced.

the wonger need food
12-28-2006, 10:56 AM
The all blue uni's rule. Everyone send a note and let them know how much you like them.... fanfeedback@houstontexans.com

SheTexan
12-28-2006, 11:04 AM
I am pretty sure it was the Titans game in 2004. Had a bad start, but then came back and beat them.

I remember this because I was a Ultimate Texan Fan finalist that year and was on the field when they came out for warmups. We were all surprised that they were in red because it wasn't announced.

It definitely was the Titan game in 2004. I remember walking into the stadium wondering why the Titan's were wearing red! lol At that time I didn't think we were allowed to wear red twice. We had worn it against the Jags early in the season.

If I had my pick it would be to stay with the all blue! Intimidating, powerful, mean, pi**ed off, were only a few words I heard used Sunday when our team ran through the bull!!