View Full Version : Explain please

Dime
12-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Ok... I see

FA - Free Agent
UFA - Unrestricted FA
RFA - Restricted FA
ERFA - No clue

Save FA, Can someone explain the difference of the UFA, RFA, ERFA and what are the pros/cons of them. Also, how are they established?

Vinny
12-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Ok... I see

FA - Free Agent
UFA - Unrestricted FA
RFA - Restricted FA
ERFA - No clue

Save FA, Can someone explain the difference of the UFA, RFA, ERFA and what are the pros/cons of them. Also, how are they established?

UFA has the right to sign with any team. A RFA is a player that is bound to a team that has the right to match an offer sheet.

ERFA, Exclusive Free Agent - For players under three years of NFL service and must sign with the team that holds his rights if a qualifying offer is made.

El Tejano
12-27-2006, 02:15 PM
So am I correct when I say that Drew Henson was an ERFA before we signed him to a contract and traded him?

Vinny
12-27-2006, 02:16 PM
So am I correct when I say that Drew Henson was an ERFA before we signed him to a contract and traded him? I don't think he was any sort of FA at all. We held his rights till we signed him. I'm not real sure about the nuances of that situation though.

threetoedpete
12-27-2006, 02:24 PM
And while we got the thread working...just to slay another dragon that keeps popping up...RFA means that guy is restricted and going to cost a little more than good intentions. i.e. you can bet you're bottom dollar that is what Matt Schaub's tag is going to be.A 1 & 3 is normal. But you can bet with a QB prospect...they're going to have a bandit's mask on, holding the pistol, and saying..."stick 'em up ! "

Kaiser Toro
12-27-2006, 02:27 PM
So am I correct when I say that Drew Henson was an ERFA before we signed him to a contract and traded him?

I would assume that since we owned his rights he would not be considered a ERFA as the terms/rules of free agents and drafted players are two different ordeals.

edit: And after reading above posts I have just made an arse via my assumption.

ArlingtonTexan
12-27-2006, 02:41 PM

No we held Henson draft rights which last one year from whenever the player is drafted.

ArlingtonTexan
12-27-2006, 02:43 PM
I would assume that since we owned his rights he would not be considered a ERFA as the terms/rules of free agents and drafted players are two different ordeals.

edit: And after reading above posts I have just made an arse via my assumption.

If I am reading your assumption correctly, you got it.