PDA

View Full Version : Will he or won't he? Thoughts on Bill Cowher and retirement

OrangeCountyTexansFan
12-27-2006, 11:03 AM
I've always liked Bill Cowher. To me, he is what a NFL coach looks like: hard nosed, all seriousness, no fooling around. Even when he is happy he looks like he is ready to rip somebody's head off. If he does retire I will hate to see him go. Some college would probably want him, but I don't know if he'd want to take a step down. And I don't think he'd fit into the commentator role. If Cowher retires, where do you think he'll go? Or do you think he'll leave at all? Thoughts?

Trap_Star
12-27-2006, 11:06 AM
He's playing the R.Clemens/Favre card on the Steelers...

OrangeCountyTexansFan
12-27-2006, 11:18 AM
From what I'm hearing on the talk shows, the Steelers want to keep him. I don't think you should just walk away after a dismal season. You need to go out on top. I'd say he'll be back with about a 90% chance.
As for Farve, I think he needs to just let it go and quit chasing the record books. He's got a ring already, something Marino never had...

Trap_Star
12-27-2006, 11:27 AM
I agree, he'll be back. He just wants a big payday....

I kinda agree on the Favre thing. He wants the records, but i mean he can still physically play. He still has the big arm. If you can still do it, I dont see why you cant continue. Athletes are so competitive...

ThaShark316
12-27-2006, 12:43 PM
If Cowher leaves, he can't coach in the NFL til 2008.

Purple Bliss
12-27-2006, 12:50 PM
From what I understand from listening to the local sports talk shows here on the east coast, Cowher plans on retiring soon if not next year. He already has a large home in North Carolina where he and his wife both went to college. His wife and his daughters have already moved back to N.C. where they rumor that Cowher has a coaching position waiting for him at North Carolina State University. We shall see.

Showtime100
12-29-2006, 07:52 PM

If this were Week 3 in 2007 I would agree with you.

TexanSam
12-29-2006, 09:58 PM
From what I understand from listening to the local sports talk shows here on the east coast, Cowher plans on retiring soon if not next year. He already has a large home in North Carolina where he and his wife both went to college. His wife and his daughters have already moved back to N.C. where they rumor that Cowher has a coaching position waiting for him at North Carolina State University. We shall see.

It won't be the HC job at NC State unless they decide to fire Tom O'Brian so soon.

opus74
12-29-2006, 10:44 PM
John McClain (remember him?) says he'll retire for a year and come back in '08 to take over the Browns.
The Rooneys won't pay him top 5 money.