PDA

View Full Version : Carr's going away party this Sunday....

Bullpen Drew
12-27-2006, 10:02 AM
How will you thank him?

kastofsna
12-27-2006, 10:04 AM
where is he going?

texanskan
12-27-2006, 10:04 AM
Well he is McNair's boy so I am not to sure this is it.

Kaiser Toro
12-27-2006, 10:07 AM
I will not be there as I am headed for a cruise the next day. I did not boo him this past Sunday and have never done so at the game. I do want him to play well as his play does impact our team positively or negatively. Furthermore, his play will have an impact on his perceived value for any possible trade offers, that is if anyone is interested. Carr playing well is a win win situation in my opinion, always has.

Mr teX
12-27-2006, 10:08 AM
How will you thank him?

by giving him another year here at 4-5 mil:neener: :sarcasm:

Bullpen Drew
12-27-2006, 10:10 AM
where is he going?

I am going to say he might be the Lion's QB!

kastofsna
12-27-2006, 10:21 AM
the lions will draft brady quinn most likely.

Kaiser Toro
12-27-2006, 10:24 AM

The smart move would to not take him, but they will. They will have so much money tied up on the offensive side of the ball they better be the Greatest Show on Turf II.

SESupergenius
12-27-2006, 10:30 AM
The catch 22 is that we call it a day with the Carr era and draft a rookie QB in a draft class that isn't all that special and try to make this rookie QB the next Vince Young, putting all of our hopes into him while trying to ease feelings of VY lovers because we didn't draft him. We draft a QB in the 1st round while neglecting other needed areas. Or we can stick with Carr if he finishes with a strong game against the Browns and finish 6-10 (exactly where I pegged them to finish this year), build up on this team that finishes on high note. We then draft in needed areas CB, OL, S, etc... and take a QB late in the draft that fits our scheme. If Rosenfels is as good as people were making him out to be this year, then there is no reason to reach for a QB this year in a weak QB draft class.

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
12-27-2006, 10:52 AM
How will you thank him?

Give him Boob McLoser's *** - he's been hanging on it for the last five years!

thunderkyss
12-27-2006, 10:58 AM
The smart move would to not take him, but they will. They will have so much money tied up on the offensive side of the ball they better be the Greatest Show on Turf II.

If there were any organization I could understand a QB refusing to play for..... It would be Detroit. There has not been one QB to make it out of Detroit...... not one, ever.

Even if the Almighty Vince Young would have gone to Detroit, his career would have been over before it started.

QB75
12-27-2006, 11:03 AM
by giving him another year here at 4-5 mil

I hope that you prove to be right.

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
12-27-2006, 11:13 AM
If there were any organization I could understand a QB refusing to play for..... It would be Detroit. There has not been one QB to make it out of Detroit...... not one, ever.

Even if the Almighty Vince Young would have gone to Detroit, his career would have been over before it started.

WHY would Detroit want Carr? He sucks more than they do...

the wonger need food
12-27-2006, 11:33 AM
I will remember the leap against Jacksonville, the 2nd half against Minnesota and the Dallas game in 2002. But mostly I'll reflect back on the 5 years of incompetence and all the games that he lost for us by turning the ball over, making dumb mistakes or simply not making any plays. I think we will feel a huge sigh of relief in this city when the David Carr era officially ends.

ROCKY
12-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Maybe ill get him something for his home, as he will be here for a long time to come. Then I will have to hand out a bunch of towels for the haters to cry on.

:tease:

Roughnecks
12-27-2006, 11:48 AM
I don't get it we could very well go 6-10 after a 2-14 season last year and people still have it out for him. I understandhe made some mistakes this season but not untill the oline got injuried. Yes he should still be able to play good regaurdless but after 5 years of getting beat up and getting up it might still be in his head but I think it he is getting better at adjusting. We saw what happen when he had time to step up in the pocket and throw. I am not going to try and change anybody's mind I do not have the time or energy to do the impossible but I really think he and the team turned a corner last Sunday. If you do not agree well I really don't care but he did lead this team to it's first win aginst the Colts like it or not if he does not manage the game like he was suppose to if he does not make that throw at the end of the game the Texans don't win and for some of the fans on this MB not to give him some credit for the win is a shame and I will not give a second thought to their reply's for the simple fact that all they are are Carr haters and can not give a person their due even if it was for one game.

Keyser Soze
12-27-2006, 12:14 PM
If you do not agree well I really don't care but he did lead this team to it's first win aginst the Colts like it or not if he does not manage the game like he was suppose to if he does not make that throw at the end of the game the Texans don't win and for some of the fans on this MB not to give him some credit for the win is a shame and I will not give a second thought to their reply's for the simple fact that all they are are Carr haters and can not give a person their due even if it was for one game.

Holy run-on sentence Batman.

Look, just because somebody sees Carr's faults doesn't make them a "hater".

MrMeToo
12-27-2006, 12:29 PM
Hopefully the Texans will thank him by trading him...It will do all of us a favor.

Bullpen Drew
12-27-2006, 12:35 PM

HAHA that was too funny! Mix in a comma or something!!

Hottoddie
12-27-2006, 12:41 PM
How will you thank him?

Sheesh. Even in the face of total defeat & disappointment, you guys won't let it go. You guys are going to have to come to grips with the fact that Carr will be here next year.

As far as, how I will thank him? I'll cheer him on, because he'll still be a Texan, & I'm a Texan's fan.

Double Barrel
12-27-2006, 12:47 PM
DC is our QB, and I'll cheer him on accordingly. He's a Texan, after all :texflag:

And as far as any of us are concerned, he's our QB until the HC says otherwise. Speculate away, but nothing we or the media says/does will have any impact on the final decision.

humbleone
12-27-2006, 02:36 PM
DC is our QB, and I'll cheer him on accordingly. He's a Texan, after all :texflag:

And as far as any of us are concerned, he's our QB until the HC says otherwise. Speculate away, but nothing we or the media says/does will have any impact on the final decision.

Good Post DB!

Go Texans...beat the Browns into the ground!

whotex8
12-27-2006, 03:09 PM
I will thank him by renewing my 4 seats again in 2007, and I will be in my same seats again, next season cheering the team and David to a more successful and winning season.
Last I checked, 6 wins (I hope) over 2 is an improvement. Let's hope we suffer less injuries next year.
Folks get used to it..when DC returns next year, if you are a Texans fan and supporter you will cheer for everyone on the team.
Including the waterboy:yahoo:

U4ikrob
12-27-2006, 03:12 PM
I'm with DB on this one.

I dont usually post too much during the season becuase it gets to crazy on the board.

But IMHO David has played like an average QB this year. Certainly had his bad games but some good ones too. This game v Indy was a classic example of what can happen when the Texans play consistent football. Now if we can just get healthy going into next year and the team can take this attitude going into next season we can have a chance to play alot better than they ever have.

Notes on DC

This year -
5th year player - 4 OC's during that time and he will have another next year again since Calhoun is going to Air Force.

No healthy O-line - 3 starters on IR
No Healthy Running game - DD on IR
No healthy team - Total of 16 players on IR

I'm willing to admit we would likely have a few more victories if we could keep players healthy as we are razor thin when it comes to depth and thus why we dont play well against better clubs. We dont have the depth and talent to really compete - bottom line. If we get a healthy squad with some more playmakers for both sides of the ball and play consistent, mistake free football and I can certainly see this Texans squad playing above .500 ball next year. IMO alot of the texans woes this year are because of a lack of healthy bodies to play whom are real players in this league and not just street scrubs. Were starting so many street scrubs on this team its amazing weve competed so well thus far.

IMO - My prediction for next year is Carr comes back as the starter with Rosenfels and that the leesh is short. IF David regresses to playing bad football for a few games - he's pulled and Rosenfels plays. Next year Kubes goes with the hot hand at QB. We need a consistent running game to help any QB and thats Kubes job to get done in the off-season. Now that Dayne has come on the last few games and is healthy again people can see what kind of time the QB can have when things are working well. Weve obviously seen what happens when its not going so great too. IMO if we can run the ball consistently next year and get the O-line healthy we will give any QB the best they can hope for to succeed and it bodes well for us to do good things next year. :aikido:

threetoedpete
12-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Sheesh. Even in the face of total defeat & disappointment, you guys won't let it go. You guys are going to have to come to grips with the fact that Carr will be here next year.

As far as, how I will thank him? I'll cheer him on, because he'll still be a Texan, & I'm a Texan's fan.

Never under estimate Vincent man love. Keep Hope Alive !!! The whips are back out. the judas goat is well staked. Bon Apitete. Clean up is optional.

TexansSeminole
12-27-2006, 03:19 PM
I did not boo him this past Sunday and have never done so at the game.

I was at the Colts game and booed when David Carr was announced as the starter, you know fireworks blasting "Daviiiiiiid CARRRRRR". Yah I booed. It is the one and only way I feel I can express how I feel about the player to the administration. After that though it is all cheering for my team, but during introductions I just feel like it is my only time to express my feelings...and hopefully, with the help of other fans, influence the decision to get rid of him.

trutexan02
12-27-2006, 03:19 PM
The catch 22 is that we call it a day with the Carr era and draft a rookie QB in a draft class that isn't all that special and try to make this rookie QB the next Vince Young, putting all of our hopes into him while trying to ease feelings of VY lovers because we didn't draft him. We draft a QB in the 1st round while neglecting other needed areas. Or we can stick with Carr if he finishes with a strong game against the Browns and finish 6-10 (exactly where I pegged them to finish this year), build up on this team that finishes on high note. We then draft in needed areas CB, OL, S, etc... and take a QB late in the draft that fits our scheme. If Rosenfels is as good as people were making him out to be this year, then there is no reason to reach for a QB this year in a weak QB draft class.
Thank you!
I never could understand why every one thinks we should build a strong offense from a weak offensive draft class.
If Houston takes QB in this draft it should be Brennen from Hawaii and that's only if he comes out and falls to the third round. And in this draft class he might just do that. (that's why I don't think he'll come out) He has a Cannon for an arm and very accurate.
58 TD's to 12 INT's?
559 attempts
The TD's I think are law of average kind of thing, but to keep his picks from skyrocketing? That's impressive.

Kaiser Toro
12-27-2006, 03:21 PM
I was at the Colts game and booed when David Carr was announced as the starter, you know fireworks blasting "Daviiiiiiid CARRRRRR". Yah I booed. It is the one and only way I feel I can express how I feel about the player to the administration. After that though it is all cheering for my team, but during introductions I just feel like it is my only time to express my feelings...and hopefully, with the help of other fans, influence the decision to get rid of him.

Totally one's right as a fan, just not my cup of tea. I go there to see a Texans win and if part of that recipe is having a confident signal caller then I prefer to clap and see what happens from there.

TexansSeminole
12-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Totally one's right as a fan, just not my cup of tea. I go there to see a Texans win and if part of that recipe is having a confident signal caller then I prefer to clap and see what happens from there.

It was about half and half booing and not with him during the introductions. Well it sounded like about half, probably less. After that though its all cheers.:yahoo:

whotex8
12-27-2006, 04:17 PM
All Cheers where I was sitting! All through the game..even when Carr came out.:fans:

cuppacoffee
12-27-2006, 04:27 PM

TexansSeminole.......... Booooooo

Wow..Lets see if it works on message boards...;)

:coffee:

Homer
12-27-2006, 04:30 PM

You could always talk directly to the front office...:stirpot:

HOOK'EM
12-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Carr's still got to go, his time is done here in TEXAS!

seveneventer
12-27-2006, 07:15 PM
I don't get it we could very well go 6-10 after a 2-14 season last year and people still have it out for him. I understandhe made some mistakes this season but not untill the oline got injuried. Yes he should still be able to play good regaurdless but after 5 years of getting beat up and getting up it might still be in his head but I think it he is getting better at adjusting. We saw what happen when he had time to step up in the pocket and throw. I am not going to try and change anybody's mind I do not have the time or energy to do the impossible but I really think he and the team turned a corner last Sunday. If you do not agree well I really don't care but he did lead this team to it's first win aginst the Colts like it or not if he does not manage the game like he was suppose to if he does not make that throw at the end of the game the Texans don't win and for some of the fans on this MB not to give him some credit for the win is a shame and I will not give a second thought to their reply's for the simple fact that all they are are Carr haters and can not give a person their due even if it was for one game.

I love you!

dantem
12-27-2006, 07:17 PM

Seeing faults in the man, and praying for him to loose so you can bash him are two entirely different things.

:shades:

dantem
12-27-2006, 07:24 PM

C'mon, do you really think that the fans have any impact on this decision? The NFL is a big business. The owner is not asking the fans what he should do. Booing your own team or players just makes you look like your from some no-class northeastern city. :)

thunderkyss
12-27-2006, 07:31 PM
I love you!

you must have an affinity for Blonds.

kfranco_utexas
12-27-2006, 07:34 PM
I'm becoming less and less of a fan with Carr as our QB.

After watching VY dismantle teams, it hurts....He SHOULD BE A TEXAN. :(

kfranco_utexas
12-27-2006, 07:36 PM
I wish carr success, but it wont be here in htown. We need a change. For all those Carr lovers... 4picks against New England...-5 passing yards against .....

How quickly yall forget.. :(

afcman
12-27-2006, 08:34 PM

But will Quinn sign with THEM? I wouldn't sign with them or the Raiders. I would tell them up front, "don't call me."

Goldeagle
12-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Have we discussed how hot the lady is in Kaisers avatar?

Erratic Assassin
12-27-2006, 09:12 PM
there is no reason to reach for a QB this year in a weak QB draft class.

Good point. David Carr was drafted in a weak QB draft class.

I've always thought that RB should be the final piece to the puzzle since the learning curve is so short for a RB. Ben Rothlesberger & Vince Young have shown me that a rookie QB can be successful if he's surrounded by talent. We should draft the best player available who is NOT a QB and lay a good foundation for our next QB.

Everyone is looking for a quick fix. That usually translates into a new QB. I'm scared we're going to waste a 3rd round pick just to get the next David Carr.

aj.
12-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Good point. David Carr was drafted in a weak QB draft class.

Scary stuff indeed:

Rd Sel# Player Pos. School
1 1 David Carr QB Fresno State
1 3 Joey Harrington QB Oregon
1 32 Patrick Ramsey QB Tulane
3 81 Josh McCown QB Sam Houston State
4 108 David Garrard QB East Carolina
4 117 Rohan Davey QB Louisiana State
5 137 Randy Fasani QB Stanford
5 158 Kurt Kittner QB Illinois
5 163 Brandon Doman QB Brigham Young
5 164 Craig Nall QB Northwestern State, La.
6 186 J.T. O'Sullivan QB Cal-Davis
7 216 Seth Burford QB Cal Poly-SLO
7 232 Jeff Kelly QB Southern Mississippi
7 236 Wes Pate QB Stephen F. Austin

mexican_texan
12-27-2006, 09:30 PM
With the cap hit that would come with cutting him or trading him below market value, you can be assured he'll be here.

kfranco_utexas
12-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Scary stuff indeed:

wow, that class does suck.

New_Texans
12-27-2006, 09:59 PM
My cousin plays football for Dobey High and he said 'We should keep Carr just in order to keep his brother Derrick here then draft Derrick. That way, Derrick can go to UofH for college and win a national championship there and be drafted by the Texans. There we go, we have our hometown boy heading the football team just like we wanted."

But apparently, Derrick Carr is really really good.

jayjordan
12-28-2006, 01:20 AM
Trade Carr he hasnt done anything. Trade him for a OL or somebody and draft a RB and CB and give rosenfels a chance to be the man. Its about time the organization gave us what we want, everytime they do different they dont succeed

HOOK'EM
12-28-2006, 01:45 AM
Take the hit...........fine.............but, Carr has to go!:ok:

Texanfan4ever
12-28-2006, 02:03 AM

Do you think that helps him play better? If you are a fan, you wouldn't boo the players that are trying their best. If you dn't like him, write a letter to Mcnair, Kubiak, or somebody. So classless to boo our guys. Makes you look foolish, nothing more, nothing less.

It's very simple. Booing accomplishes nothing. Only helps to acknowledge that a great majority of Houston fans stink!!!

P.s. I could be wrong, but I think David will still be here next year. You better try to get used to the idea so it doesn't kill ya. It will happen.

whotex8
12-28-2006, 02:07 AM

FLASH!
This just in....Carr is out of Houston.......because you said so!

Give us a break! He's here at least one more year. Get used to it!
You guys just kill me, man.

BigWig
12-28-2006, 09:24 AM

Wife of 9 years whoa! Good job my fellow Austinite!

Bullpen Drew
12-28-2006, 11:06 AM
Holy Shnikes!

Porky
12-28-2006, 11:29 AM

No, let's do that. :perfect10:

:banme

johnboy
12-28-2006, 01:30 PM

If you want to keep him maybe the Texans could cut & resign him for a lot less money.It done all the time in the NFL. Who would pay him 8 mil. Per year with his stats.

MrMeToo
12-28-2006, 01:31 PM

I thought you were attracted to Carr?:secret:

LORENZOF33
12-28-2006, 04:03 PM
Scary stuff indeed:

that qb draft class was horrible...top to bottom!

LORENZOF33
12-28-2006, 04:18 PM
Look people Carr is horrible....he cant read coverages, has no pocket pressence and defenitly not the leader of the team. Keep Carr here next year and your looking at another 6-10 or 5-11 season. But I guess you people or ok with mediocrity! I have read these post up and down and some of you guys are actually happy with 6-10 or 7-9 seasons! That aint no championship ball!!! When did being average become acceptable....that aint how we play football down here in TEXAS....from pee wee ball to the pros its about winning not being average ...... Just plain pathetic! Get a leader in here. Get a winner in here. Get a real qb in here!!!

kenneth24
12-28-2006, 04:52 PM

Great going! Now he's changed it!:challenge :offtopic