PDA

View Full Version : David Carr STILL HAS TO GO!

jhowie007
12-26-2006, 08:26 PM
I don't care if we win our next game too, David Carr can't be here next year if the texans want to start winning. I am hearing that the Texans are still saying Carr is still our man for next season and he has potential. This scares me and I don't want to waste money on another year of lousy football if Carr is back. McNair needs to start listening to his fans.

Hottoddie
12-26-2006, 08:41 PM
No, he doesn't.

profan
12-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Well, i really don't know who's available. i would like to see us draft a qb, keep carr and sage, and have a true qb competition like every other position. If dave is the best of the three, then, start him, but let's be very fair and if sage is the best, then he is our starter, while we develop the draft choice.

whotex8
12-26-2006, 09:05 PM
I don't care if we win our next game too, David Carr can't be here next year if the texans want to start winning. I am hearing that the Texans are still saying Carr is still our man for next season and he has potential. This scares me and I don't want to waste money on another year of lousy football if Carr is back. McNair needs to start listening to his fans.

We don't really have a say so.
There are many fans out there that still support DC. Just because the non-supporters seem to out-number the supporters on this MB doesn't mean that "everyone" has lost confidence in him.
The final decision is out of our hands and I think that when Kubes was hired, there was a 3-5 year plan for the team building (3 of those which included DC...for better or worse).
If our team shows positive things this week on the field (consistant with the Colts game), then I believe that there is an indication that there is a glimmer of hope. I for one am really hoping that this is the case.

ThaShark316
12-26-2006, 09:20 PM

Give me your tickets man...since u hate the Texans and all...:stirpot:

old football fan
12-26-2006, 10:03 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if we let Carr go and next year he takes a team to the Superbowl and we have another losing season with a new QB be it Sage or Plummer. Wonder what this thread would be like. "Those stupid Texans traded away our best player." Just day dreaming

hellbentforfootball
12-26-2006, 10:12 PM
Well as a 5 year season ticket holder, I for one believe Mr Carr will be back and the fact is I want him back. What people fail to understand is that we could have very well have been +3 victories if not for Jameel Cook personally costing us 2 games, and the brain fart of the blitz on VY on 3rd and 15 (why we did that is totally beyond me). The stinkers were against Dal,Phil,Wash,Indy, and New England thats 5 out of 15 games. You see nay sayers, you all got very spoiled when we won 4 of 16, 5 of 16, 7 of 16, then the major drop off. The fact is as we were an expansion team we had no business winning that amount of games in our FIRST 3 seasons. So we were basically having to start over this season and we came damn close making a season of it. Oh yeah did I fail to mention that we beat Indy with 16 players on IR. WTF people how yall can't get behind this team is a disgrace. I'm not saying I approve of every move we've made, but for us to finish up with 2 wins (yeah i said it) on a high note says alot about the very fabric of this team which is "never under estimate us."

MrMeToo
12-26-2006, 10:13 PM
No, he doesn't.

Yes, he does.

MrMeToo
12-26-2006, 10:14 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if we let Carr go and next year he takes a team to the Superbowl and we have another losing season with a new QB be it Sage or Plummer. Wonder what this thread would be like. "Those stupid Texans traded away our best player." Just day dreaming

That won't happen.

threetoedpete
12-26-2006, 10:14 PM
Is that you Doug in the Woodlands ?

Blu
12-26-2006, 10:18 PM
He can go to the highest bidder...

Kubiak & Smith, get us some picks!
:marionaner:

Andrew6
12-26-2006, 10:33 PM
I think it is mighty ballsy of everyone to bashing our Quarter Back Mr. David "ZOOLANDER" Carr (own personal male model) . The guy has only been in the league for 5 years and out of that 5 years he's only had maybe 68 bad games (regular season). some of you might argue that hey theres only been 79 games, well to you I say a good QB has to have atleast 80 games before hes a good QB. I can only imagine how good he'll be next year....

HA HA HA HAHA ummmm sorry ....

StarStruck
12-26-2006, 10:36 PM
If I am not mistaken Farve and Steve Young didn't do well on the first teams they were on. IMHO the Texans blew it in this year's draft, so hindsight deals don't really impress me. Young was my first choice simply because of his track record for leadership and winning against all odds, and if he turns out to be as special as I think he will be, why not as a Texan. Then, there was Reggie Bush, Heisman Trophy winner, incredible stats, and again no thanks.

I also believe that Carr has been at a disadvantage since joining the team and was given the responsibility of a seasoned quarterback from day one. Yes, Vince is starting now, but David was never considered to be on-the-bench to train before taking over the team. I guess I will always respect him for the heart that he gave for the first four years despite the little help received from his O-Line. Whether it's here or somewhere else, I believe he has enough battle scars to enjoy a very good career in the right system.

Andrew6
12-26-2006, 10:39 PM
If I am not mistaken Farve and Steve Young didn't do well on the first teams they were on. IMHO the Texans blew it in this year's draft, so hindsight deals don't really impress me. Young was my first choice simply because of his track record for leadership and winning against all odds, and if he turns out to be as special as I think he will be, why not as a Texan. Then, there was Reggie Bush, Heisman Trophy winner, incredible stats, and again no thanks.

I also believe that Carr has been at a disadvantage since joining the team and was given the responsibility of a seasoned quarterback from day one. Yes, Vince is starting now, but David was never considered to be on-the-bench to train before taking over the team. I guess I will always respect him for the heart that he gave for the first four years despite the little help received from his O-Line. Whether it's here or somewhere else, I believe he has enough battle scars to enjoy a very good career in the right system.

that was good, I actually teared up.

:: alright everyone get David out from under that bus ::

Texian
12-26-2006, 11:17 PM
Carr still has to go?.....Is it a bladder thing:)

skillz24
12-26-2006, 11:34 PM
Yes, he does.

Look they have invested the future of the next two years with David...stop whinning about it, if you don't want to go watch us make the turn and head to the playoffs send your tickets to me. God i live in Canton OH i wouldn't care about flying down to texas for 8 games next year. We are starting to get some talent in here finally another draft and we will look to compete and win constantly.

hollywood_texan
12-26-2006, 11:50 PM
Well as a 5 year season ticket holder, I for one believe Mr Carr will be back and the fact is I want him back. What people fail to understand is that we could have very well have been +3 victories if not for Jameel Cook personally costing us 2 games, and the brain fart of the blitz on VY on 3rd and 15 (why we did that is totally beyond me). The stinkers were against Dal,Phil,Wash,Indy, and New England thats 5 out of 15 games. You see nay sayers, you all got very spoiled when we won 4 of 16, 5 of 16, 7 of 16, then the major drop off. The fact is as we were an expansion team we had no business winning that amount of games in our FIRST 3 seasons. So we were basically having to start over this season and we came damn close making a season of it. Oh yeah did I fail to mention that we beat Indy with 16 players on IR. WTF people how yall can't get behind this team is a disgrace. I'm not saying I approve of every move we've made, but for us to finish up with 2 wins (yeah i said it) on a high note says alot about the very fabric of this team which is "never under estimate us."

Classic Texan Fan:

Could of, would of, should of...

I can play your game:

What if the Texans had drafted Vince Young?

Baranghoori
12-26-2006, 11:59 PM
McNair needs to start listening to his fans.

...cause if there's any way to win, that's it!

TXN008
12-27-2006, 12:09 AM
It doesn't matter how good the Texans do....the same bashers will still be here trashing DC and the "target of the week".
When a thread starts out with "I don't care if we win our next game too...." He ain't no fan!
He knew it would draw the DC haters like moths to a flame...:stirpot: ..and it did!

I hope we beat the Browns and our entire team looks great this week.
I hope we end the season with 2 (back to back) hometown wins.
I hope we end the season with 6 wins.
I hope they bring back Carr next season and he leads our team (with a better O-line, a kick@ss Defense) to a spectacular winning season.

But regardless...the same haters and bashers will still be here because "it's what they live for".

Some of us "Live for Sundays", while others "live for 'hatin' and bashin' the rest of the week."

It's what they do......BEST!

sleepwalker
12-27-2006, 12:22 AM
Carr will be here next year...We are all going to just have to deal with it...If you're going to say he has to go, at least offer some sort of solution to the problem or idea.

hellbentforfootball
12-27-2006, 12:56 AM
Classic Texan Fan:

Could of, would of, should of...

I can play your game:

What if the Texans had drafted Vince Young?

Then where would our defense be? I would GLADLY trade VY for our top 2 defenseive picks...GLADLY..Oh and btw had we drafted VY he would be still be
on the bench bc per the scouting report he wasn't "ready" remember the original plan in Tenn was for him to sit and learn. My hats off to his performances, no doubt he has surpassed all expectations but I'll tell you this McNabb no ring, McNair no ring, Moon no ring, they all had god given talent and thats not enough you must have a decent DEFENSE. I'm not saying DC will win us a ring but I think Ryans and Williams give us a better shot than VY.
Coulda taken so many players B4 in past drafts..did we...no..still beliver..yes
Shoulda taken more defensive players from the get go.
Woulda walked all over VY had we had ALL of our starters.

Ibar_Harry
12-27-2006, 01:06 AM
Then where would our defense be? I would GLADLY trade VY for our top 2 defenseive picks...GLADLY..Oh and btw had we drafted VY he would be still be
on the bench bc per the scouting report he wasn't "ready" remember the original plan in Tenn was for him to sit and learn. My hats off to his performances, no doubt he has surpassed all expectations but I'll tell you this McNabb no ring, McNair no ring, Moon no ring, they all had god given talent and thats not enough you must have a decent DEFENSE. I'm not saying DC will win us a ring but I think Ryans and Williams give us a better shot than VY.
Coulda taken so many players B4 in past drafts..did we...no..still beliver..yes
Shoulda taken more defensive players from the get go.
Woulda walked all over VY had we had ALL of our starters.

What is funny is VY wound up with the best coaching staff given his talents. He wound up in exactly the right place for him to have the best possible chance at success. Fisher is letting VY play his game, not Fisher's game. That is the hall mark of a great HC. You take advantage of the players you have. Bye the way the QB coach is no slouch either. VY should thank his lucky stars he wound up where he did.

Tennesse is use to the Steve McNair style and VY fits that pretty well. When you let your team be what they are its amazing how far they can go and how good they can become. Rigity is not always the best route. Think about Shula and the run game and then Shula and the passing game. He adapted to his players and had many great wins.

MrMeToo
12-27-2006, 01:11 AM
Look they have invested the future of the next two years with David...stop whinning about it, if you don't want to go watch us make the turn and head to the playoffs send your tickets to me. God i live in Canton OH i wouldn't care about flying down to texas for 8 games next year. We are starting to get some talent in here finally another draft and we will look to compete and win constantly.

We win one game against a overrated Colts team and all of a sudden we've turned the corner. Don't forget about the rest of the season just because a games at the end of the season. The Texans aren't heading to the playoffs any time soon, especially with David Carr as our QB.

yourfavoritetexan42
12-27-2006, 01:23 AM
The Texans have had the worse offense line and one of the worst defenses the past few years... why get rid of carr and make one more hole in our roster?

Give him a shot...cutting him would be retarded.

bayoumaniac
12-27-2006, 01:37 AM

LMAO.LMAO.LOL....ROFLMAO.:rofl:
LOLOLOL...Dude, you friggin crack me up! Some of you guys go on as if you were really making decisions about our team and players.
HELLO!. This is NOT Fantasy Football!
"PUT THE GAME CONTROLS DOWN.....AND MOVE AWAY FROM THE XBOX"
LOLOLOLOL....ROFLMAO......HOHOHOHO.HAHAHAHA.HEEHEE HEEHEE.
OMG...I think I just Pi$$ed on myself!
Too Funny!
:tease:

Hottoddie
12-27-2006, 02:28 AM

Yeah, right. A multi-millionaire, that has probably given more in tips than the entire MB's combined salaries, is going to listen to the ramblings of a bunch of emotionally opinionated wannabe GM's as to how he should run his $700 million investment? It ain't gonna' happen.

Texanfan4ever
12-27-2006, 02:32 AM
LMAO.LMAO.LOL....ROFLMAO.:rofl:
LOLOLOL...Dude, you friggin crack me up! Some of you guys go on as if you were really making decisions about our team and players.
HELLO!. This is NOT Fantasy Football!
"PUT THE HAND CONTROLS DOWN.....AND MOVE AWAY FROM THE XBOX"
LOLOLOLOL....ROFLMAO......HOHOHOHO.HAHAHAHA.HEEHEE HEEHEE.
OMG...I think I just Pi$$ed on myself!
Too Funny!
:tease:

Bayou, that is too funny! No kidding. Get a grip. I think some of them believe their predictions.

David will be here next year. Right or wrong, mark my words. And I hope he is. He has proven that if he has some protection, he can get the job done,just like the first half of the season, he, Andre and Moulds were the highlights, untill all the injuries. The coaches look at the big picture, not the week to week. If he blows it against Cleveland, that could change some things. I thin Kubes wants him and I think he will game plan it for him to succeed.

Just my opinion.

bayoumaniac
12-27-2006, 02:55 AM
Bayou, that is too funny! No kidding. Get a grip. I think some of them believe their predictions.

David will be here next year. Right or wrong, mark my words. And I hope he is. He has proven that if he has some protection, he can get the job done,just like the first half of the season, he, Andre and Moulds were the highlights, untill all the injuries. The coaches look at the big picture, not the week to week. If he blows it against Cleveland, that could change some things. I thin Kubes wants him and I think he will game plan it for him to succeed.

Just my opinion.

Agreed...it's just that sometimes...some on this board resemble a "Karaoke-like ESPN broadcast", :tv: ala sub-titles without the picture.

Just my opinion. LOL!

Napa Auto Parts
12-27-2006, 03:32 AM
. I am hearing that the Texans are still saying Carr is still our man for next season and he has potential.McNair needs to start listening to his fans.

to your 1st part of course the texans are going to say carr is still the man they cant throw him under the bus like that they want to get some value for him in the offseason but most so called football people keep saying the texans cant wait to dump carr. who knows only time will tell :hides:

hellbentforfootball
12-27-2006, 03:38 AM
The Texans aren't heading to the playoffs any time soon, especially with David Carr as our QB.
No they aren't you're right, they are headed there with ryans and williams

Aztequila
12-27-2006, 04:03 AM

He is listening to fans, just not listening to you. I don't think every texans fan wants Carr out, they just want to win, and blame losing on Carr. Even though he would be better off somewhere else, I want to see him play when we have everything rolling. I figure he has taken all the punishment building up the team, he deserves at least one good year with a decent team, which it seems to me that Kubiak is building.

Kaiser Toro
12-27-2006, 08:42 AM
Makes me laugh that people think that a CEO does not listen to his market. I work for a company that is worth some where around 70 times more than the Texans and just received instruction to act on a customer's email from my CEO.

Put your headphones back on and turn Journey up - Don't stop believing, Hold on to that feeling.

Mr teX
12-27-2006, 09:47 AM
Honestly...
It wouldn't really surprise me if he was very successful with another team.

I think that DC has some skills, but his "experience" here has caused him to lose the support of his team and his fans...imo.

I think that he'll be fine somewhere else.

For many of the same reasons that I think that we'd be more successful with someone of equal or lesser talent...it's a change.

Nope, just the fair-weather fans. All the teammates that suposedly lost confidence in him are either not in the league anymore (Cory Bradford, Gary Walker) or are 2-3rd string on someone else's squad (Gaffney).

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
12-27-2006, 10:44 AM

MCNAIR IS AN *****! Your post states the obvious, but Boob McLoser can't see the obvious.

WWJD
12-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Yea poor Gaffney.

He'll be making playoff money and has a good shot to be in the Super Bowl.

WWJD
12-27-2006, 11:35 AM
No offense tex...but that is a pretty silly statement.
I know PLENTY of die-hard Carr supporters on these boards that have said themselves...Carr needs to go. He's not capable of being successful here anymore. He's lost support at many levels. It's not just the fair weather fans that are having problems with Carrs leadership.

Oh and by the way...for many, it's not his "performance" that is problematic.

It's his LEADERSHIP that concerns many...and YES, even his supporters.

Got nothing against Carr other than I think he needs to be somebody else's QB. He seems to be a real upstanding family man and he's certainly tough as nails! I just think for both the Texans and David it's time to move on! Try somebody else. 5 years is enough.

Porky
12-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Last time I looked, this is a message board. A place for fans to read and share opinions. Someone can post that they want to keep Carr, and that is just as valid if someone posts they don't want Carr. Seems to me that's what the board is for, or have I missed something?

As far as Mcnair, as KT says, any business that refuses to listen to the paying customers is one that is doomed to failure. Does that mean they take a poll on every draft pick or personell decision? No, but on the "big picture" items, he should be aware of the pulse of the fan. So far, he has seemingly gone out of his way to willfilly ignore the fan's wishes, and for the most part they have done just the opposite. To this point, it has not hurt his pocket book but that will change should he persist in alienating the majority fanbase.

WWJD
12-27-2006, 11:58 AM
I couldn't say it better myself WWJD.
Thanks for fixing my mess of words.
I USED TO BE a pretty adamant Carr hater...now I respect what the guy has done (or tried to do) here. He definitely has some talent/skills. But he'd have a better chance somewhere else.

Thanks..and hey you didn't mess up what you were saying.

Just because I think the Texans would be better served with another QB doesn't mean I don't like David or wish him well. I always WANT him to do well. If he performs poorly generally the Texans do as well. I most certainly respect David though; both as a player and a man. He's been nothing but a good rep for the team. And he's outspoken with his charity work and also as a Christian. I'll always wish him nothing but the best.

humbleone
12-27-2006, 11:58 AM
NO HE DOES NOT AND WILL NOT IF KUBIAK THINKS (not fans) THAT HE GIVES US OUR BEST SHOT AT THIS TIME.

Either way, I trust this coach especially when it comes to the subject of QB's for his system.

GO TEXANS...beat the Browns into the ground! :marionaner:

SheTexan
12-27-2006, 12:10 PM

Yes, he does!! Keep David Carr around for another year!!!

Porky
12-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Listen too the fans.. LMAO or we'll fail.. stop. Your killing me. Just too funny.I still can't stop laughing. :yahoo:

I personally don't think it's too funny when the majority of fans have been right more often than the team. And not once either, numerous times. If you think that's funny, laugh away. To me, I think that's pathetic.

HomeBred_Texan
12-27-2006, 12:37 PM
We have been right many times... But that doesn't change a thing...

I would have to vote to keep Carr...

There just isn't anything out there that would make us "Better" right away. Certainly not a rookie coming out in this QB class of the draft. Wait another year, IMHO, and if CARR is as bad as so many want to shove down our throats that he is, then do something different. But for right now, we have way further needs than a QB change. But that is just my opinion....

Mr teX
12-27-2006, 01:00 PM
No offense tex...but that is a pretty silly statement.
I know PLENTY of die-hard Carr supporters on these boards that have said themselves...Carr needs to go. He's not capable of being successful here anymore. He's lost support at many levels. It's not just the fair weather fans that are having problems with Carrs leadership.

Oh and by the way...for many, it's not his "performance" that is problematic.

It's his LEADERSHIP that concerns many...and YES, even his supporters.

As has been said before winning cures all ills, & for the record i've been 1 of those fans whose said that he needs to go for His sake b/c anything short of a superbowl isn't going to win the fans back here in houston. But if Kubes believes in him, then thats enough for me; for right now. My response was mainly directed at those who feel we should have gotten rid of him 1-2 years ago b/c the availability of Young & Lienart, etc. & proclaim to stop being texans fans b/c of the "huge" mistake they've made.
Sorry if it came across like i was attacking you, that wasn't my intention.

As for the bolded, you've got to be kidding me, of all these threads in this forum marked with "Carr.....Fumbles" & "Carr...... -5 yards passing" you want me to believe that none of that disdain has to do with his performance.:ok: My point is this, With most on this forum ACKOWLEDGING we have deficiencies all over this team, why is that people think that if this guy wasn't here we'd be winning a ton more games? If we were winning games primarily with the defensive side of the ball dominating & DC still doing what he's doing, would anybody be complaining about his "leadership"? Probably not. People refuse to look at the entire picture. If DC is gone we are STILL a helluva long way away from competing for a playoff spot/Superbowl. Furthermore, he at the moment is not our big problem, so when i see threads like this it just further reinforces why i think people aren't looking at the overall picture.

Double Barrel
12-27-2006, 01:04 PM
Makes me laugh that people think that a CEO does not listen to his market.

If Mr. McNair listened to what fans wanted, then why are Bush and Young in other team's jerseys? :shades:

A lot of folks are going to be disappointed when they trot Carr out as our QB next year. But that's the way it is until our HC tells us otherwise, so everyone had better get used to the idea. We've got eight months to let it sink in if this is the case.

Kaiser Toro
12-27-2006, 01:06 PM
We have been right many times... But that doesn't change a thing...

I would have to vote to keep Carr...

There just isn't anything out there that would make us "Better" right away. Certainly not a rookie coming out in this QB class of the draft. Wait another year, IMHO, and if CARR is as bad as so many want to shove down our throats that he is, then do something different. But for right now, we have way further needs than a QB change. But that is just my opinion....

Having someone better than Carr is not the issue. We can cut him and save ourselves 3 million dollars next year. At best Carr is a game manager, which we saw last week for the first time. If we cut him we already have a QB on the cap next year and can use the "savings" of 3 million to go out and get an impact player on the O line or Secondary.

The team is healthier by releasing Carr or if Carr's "team" wanted to renegotiate his contract. It has never been about Carr, it has always been about his contract.

Kaiser Toro
12-27-2006, 01:18 PM
If Mr. McNair listened to what fans wanted, then why are Bush and Young in other team's jerseys? :shades:

A lot of folks are going to be disappointed when they trot Carr out as our QB next year. But that's the way it is until our HC tells us otherwise, so everyone had better get used to the idea. We've got eight months to let it sink in if this is the case.

I would like to think I was out front last year in saying to mind the product and cap and take the hit from the market by doing the unpopular thing. Last year was exorcism of sorts and the CEO did not want to totally get caught up in house cleaning without a sense of the residual fiscal and personnel impact in my opinion.

We are in good shape with the right coach. I trust his decisions, always have. He now has seen what we have seen for the last four years and I expect him to do the right thing - build the Texans into a winner.

OzzO
12-27-2006, 01:47 PM
What McLain (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4427740.html) thinks...
...Let's get something straight about Carr: He did exactly what the coaches asked him to do against the Colts. They wanted him to be efficient, and he was.

But one game, or two even, won't determine Carr's status.

Kubiak and his coaches will evaluate Carr's entire body of work. Then, Kubiak will meet with general manager Rick Smith about it. Once they decide what they want to do with Carr, they'll take it to McNair.

Here's something to consider while you agonize over the decision: If McNair signed off on decisions made by former general manager Charley Casserly, why would he not sign off on what Smith and Kubiak want to do?

He would. That's the way he operates. He hired Smith and Kubiak to make better decisions than Casserly and Dom Capers....

and Lopez (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/lopez/4427809.html)....
...Despite the warm feelings for the Carr family and the chance for six wins, the only thing the Texans have learned about Carr this season is that they still do not know.

That alone should be the driving force in the decision to move Carr to another organization or, at minimum, make no promises or declarations about the starting quarterback position for 2007.

It's telling that Carr's greatest day this season was the one when he made just one great play but mostly handed the ball off to running back Ron Dayne. It's telling that when the Texans finally defeated the Colts, Carr's biggest contribution was staying out of everyone else's way....

If their opinion matters to anyone on the boards currently. I'm still in the camp that unless Carr has a decent trade value from another team, he sticks around another year (unless Kubiak really sees something after this year's performance that some others on the board do not). Another band-aid vet comes in if Carr is gone and then there is a QB drafted in the early-mid rounds (again if Kubiak / Smith see something). Luckily, the Texans are not basing new talent off 2 game tapes as did the previous team "leaders".

Next year it's Carr or another vet, Sage, and a drafted QB.

One question I have though, if the rumor of Plummer coming here is true - doesn't he have a current contract as well? If so - what of the possibility of "flipping" QB's? Personally, I'm not pro/con Plummer - I've seen good arguements from both camps on this happening, so I'll default that result to the Texan powers that be.

edit - okay, two questions. If Carr was to stay - I would just like to know, can he get past the locking onto recievers, can he check each option with each back step, can he put a touch on the deep ball to hit the reciever in stride? (Was this somethng he could do in college or seen during his tenure with the Texans?) Even if he did not have "all" the pieces in place, but an adequate amount (as I don't think any team will every have all the pieces in place). I do think he can manage a team on offense, I'm not so sure he can carry one.

thunderkyss
12-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Makes me laugh that people think that a CEO does not listen to his market. I work for a company that is worth some where around 70 times more than the Texans and just received instruction to act on a customer's email from my CEO.

Put your headphones back on and turn Journey up - Don't stop believing, Hold on to that feeling.

I knew I was missing something in my MP3 player(gigabeat)....... I'll take care of that shortly....

Kaiser Toro
12-27-2006, 01:56 PM
I knew I was missing something in my MP3 player(gigabeat)....... I'll take care of that shortly....

And that is another, Texans' miracle! :)

Double Barrel
12-27-2006, 01:59 PM
I would like to think I was out front last year in saying to mind the product and cap and take the hit from the market by doing the unpopular thing. Last year was exorcism of sorts and the CEO did not want to totally get caught up in house cleaning without a sense of the residual fiscal and personnel impact in my opinion.

yep, I was there. I saw you! :howdy:

Your examples always leave my head spinning, tho'.... ;)

old football fan
12-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Last time I looked, this is a message board. A place for fans to read and share opinions. Someone can post that they want to keep Carr, and that is just as valid if someone posts they don't want Carr. Seems to me that's what the board is for, or have I missed something?

As far as Mcnair, as KT says, any business that refuses to listen to the paying customers is one that is doomed to failure. Does that mean they take a poll on every draft pick or personell decision? No, but on the "big picture" items, he should be aware of the pulse of the fan. So far, he has seemingly gone out of his way to willfilly ignore the fan's wishes, and for the most part they have done just the opposite. To this point, it has not hurt his pocket book but that will change should he persist in alienating the majority fanbase.

You forget that McNair gets enough money from the NFL to run this teams payroll plus some, so I don't think the money part will hurt him. He and his staff will do what is best for the TEAM to win in the future. Lets give Kubiak and Smith a chance to build this team. Their first drsft was pretty good and Smith has gotten some good fillin players.

HOOK'EM
12-28-2006, 01:56 AM

Agreed, lets go get the "Snake".

tsip
12-28-2006, 07:39 AM
...bottom line? What will happen first? We make the playoffs or Carr gets too old to play any more?

TXN008
12-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Carr leads Texans to Playoffs, right after Astros win World Series!

The Pencil Neck
12-28-2006, 04:03 PM
...bottom line? What will happen first? We make the playoffs or Carr gets too old to play any more?

That's easy. Carr's already too old to play...

:stirpot:

LORENZOF33
12-28-2006, 04:39 PM
The Texans have had the worse offense line and one of the worst defenses the past few years... why get rid of carr and make one more hole in our roster?

Give him a shot...cutting him would be retarded.

You Carr homers kill me!!

QB75
12-28-2006, 04:43 PM

Why in the world would Mr. McNair listen to you? Looking more and more like David will be staying. Fantastic!

Hottoddie
12-29-2006, 01:59 PM
You Carr homers kill me!!

Now, there's an idea.

jhowie007
12-29-2006, 07:10 PM
The Texans will make the playoffs with David Carr at Helm when Jesus comes back down to earth, the planets line up and dinosaurs rule the world again.

Bottom line is Carr lacks leadership skills, can not see beyond his first receiver and his dink and dunk game will always come up a yard short. If the Texans want to win, they will start someone else at QB next year. I don't care if it is Sage or Plummer, it can't be Carr if we want to win. Carr's game is ugly. Furthermore, if we keep Carr, then just go ahead and trade Andre Johnson if Carr can't throw the ball down the field to him. Casserly and Capers really did a number on Houston with the long list of mistakes they made. And why in the hell is Casserly an NFL analyst? Who hired him to do that? Has anyone seen what has been going on here for the past four years he was here screwing up anything he touched? Carr - Babin - Travis Johnson - P Buchannon (P-Burnt) - A Glenn - Reggie or Vince and all the other draft disasters. That gimp doesn't know crap about football.

MrMeToo
12-29-2006, 08:08 PM
The Texans will make the playoffs with David Carr at Helm when Jesus comes back down to earth, the planets line up and dinosaurs rule the world again.
Bottom line is Carr lacks leadership skills, can not see beyond his first receiver and his dink and dunk game will always come up a yard short. If the Texans want to win, they will start someone else at QB next year. I don't care if it is Sage or Plummer, it can't be Carr if we want to win. Carr's game is ugly. Furthermore, if we keep Carr, then just go ahead and trade Andre Johnson if Carr can't throw the ball down the field to him. Casserly and Capers really did a number on Houston with the long list of mistakes they made. And why in the hell is Casserly an NFL analyst? Who hired him to do that? Has anyone seen what has been going on here for the past four years he was here screwing up anything he touched? Carr - Babin - Travis Johnson - P Buchannon (P-Burnt) - A Glenn - Reggie or Vince and all the other draft disasters. That gimp doesn't know crap about football.

LOL.