PDA

View Full Version : Now to the Browns

Imatexanfan
12-26-2006, 10:27 AM
...are you pulling for a win? Want vengence for the loss two years ago that seems to have started this franchise circling down the toilet bowl? I mean, things were going along swimmingly until that game. The franchise was showing incremental progress in the win column each year...a win that day would have put us at 8-8 that year and supposedly in position for a playoff run in year four.

We all know how that worked out. :shades:

If you believe John McClain, Dom Capers panicked after the Browns mauled our offensive line and kept David Carr face down in the grass and our running game bottled up all day. According to McClain, Capers ordered the change in the offense that sent everything going backward - the quick one and two step drops and unloading the ball. In other words, the East-West passing game we have all come to know and love so much. Chris Palmer hated and vigorously fought the change. He advocated getting better linemen instead of comprimising by making these changes to the offense - the passing game in particular.

:secret: Well as we all know..........he lost.

As a result, he was given an offensive gameplan to coach that he had never coached before and didn't believe in. Carr was put in an offense he had never played in. Result: The Buffalo debacle to open the following season and Palmer being made the scapegoat soon after. Now, five years into this franchise's existence 8-8 seems like a lofty goal to be achieved; we have basically started all over.

So...do we take out our frustrations on the Browns, or do we hope to keep as good of draft position as we can? :hmmm:
For me, it was no question for the Colts - I've dreamed about the day we beat them. It was a benchmark win for the franchise. The Browns not so much.

But I'm all for it ITS REVENGE!!! We'll beat them anyways.

Imatexanfan
12-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Look, you go for the win, thats plain and simple. Going for draft positions is for losers. :shades:

Although I was kind of happy that we had the #1 pick last year so we could draft VY and/or RB, buts thats another story thats going to always be brought up.

Minotaur
12-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Dom Capers is doing a good job in Miami

aj.
12-26-2006, 10:54 AM
...are you pulling for a win?

Um....yeah? :um:

Want vengence for the loss two years ago ...

The Texans beat the Browns last year so I don't think vengeance is the issue. Assuring that an encore of '04 doesn't happen should be first and foremost. A two TD win would be nice for a change.

hobie
12-26-2006, 10:57 AM
Yeah, why would we not want a win, and as for vengence with the Browns....what?? What would a game that happend in the 3rd year have to do with anything now.

tulexan
12-26-2006, 10:58 AM
There is a huge difference between playing for draft position when you will be drafting #1 than if you will be drafting somewhere in the middle of the round. You are guaranteed to get someone at #1, you are not guaranteed to get a particular player if you are drafting anywhere else (especially if the Lions are picking ahead of you).

Therefore there is no reason to play for draft position because for all you know you can get the guy you want at your position or have no chance to get him even if you lose out. And with a team that has as many needs as ours, we will be getting an impact player at a position of need regardless of where we pick.

Big J
12-26-2006, 11:20 AM
If we can win the last 2 games of this season it will be a huge boost. Yea that sounds like crap but who are we kidding...winning 2 games in a row for the Texans is a huge feat. Then we get a pick in the 8-10 spot and finally address our need at safety at a good value.

ronaldod1
12-26-2006, 11:20 AM
In all honesty I think this game against the Browns is huge. I think the win against a team as good as the colts (who had something to play for and had just blasted Cinci) is a big step towards that winning attitude.

Beat up on the struggling browns at home...and houston is buzzing all offseason about how the team has turned the corner and the offseason will be highly motivated towards taking the Texans to the next level.

Lose to the browns and the team is back to square one, all momentum is lost.

hobie
12-26-2006, 11:30 AM

I don't see it being back to square one...Sure, it will leave a bad taste in everyones mouth, but 1 game does not a season make or break. Would be a nice way to end the season, winning 6 games after last years complete meltdown would be great. There is way too many questions to address and such for next season to worry if the Cleveland game is the game that can turn the corner for the Texans.
And as for momentum, being the last game, it won't matter much. It helps some, but as I said, it's not going to send them back to square one.

Would be nice for the Texans to win back to back games for the first time this season and to split the home games with victories.

kenneth24
12-26-2006, 11:34 AM
Win Baby Win! A good draft position can improve your team but you know what really improves your team? WINNING! Winning builds confidence and confidence leads to more wins! at the beginning of the year, just about everyone would consider this year an improvement if we won 6 and we actually have a chance to do that! Go Texans!:yahoo:

DNCC
12-26-2006, 11:43 AM
At this point, I'm very excited about beating the Browns for a 6th win, and taking a 2 game winning streak into the postseason.

ronaldod1
12-26-2006, 11:48 AM

I don't see it being back to square one...Sure, it will leave a bad taste in everyones mouth, but 1 game does not a season make or break. Would be a nice way to end the season, winning 6 games after last years complete meltdown would be great. There is way too many questions to address and such for next season to worry if the Cleveland game is the game that can turn the corner for the Texans.
And as for momentum, being the last game, it won't matter much. It helps some, but as I said, it's not going to send them back to square one.

Would be nice for the Texans to win back to back games for the first time this season and to split the home games with victories.

The Texans have been riding the "any given Sunday" wave throughout their existence. Most weeks they are expected to lose. Expected to lose by the "experts", the fans, the other teams and, a lot of times, themselves. When they beat someone, the water cooler discussion goes like this: "Texans beat (colts, jags, steelers, panthers etc.)....(laugh) any given sunday I guess"......and the next week they go out and lose.

The win against an elite team provides a unique opportunity for the texans to prove to themselves that they are not a doormat team. If they go out and beat a team that they should beat (browns) the colts game becomes a "turning point" all offseason and going into next season. If they lose to the browns the colts game is just another incident of "any given sunday"

That is what i mean by momentum. After every win someone comes on here any says: "did this team just turn the corner" and the next week they go out and suck. This was a huge hurdle for them and if they go out and suck next week they have all offseason to wonder whether or not the got lucky in the colts game. which they did not.

Sarg01
12-26-2006, 12:14 PM
I've just finished a pretty detailed analysis of Strength of Schedule and here's the conclusion:

If Texans lose to the Browns, we're looking at a 50-60% chance of pick #4, a 30-40% chance of pick #5 and a sliver of a shot (<5%) at pick #3.

If the Texans beat the Browns, we're looking at a 35-45% chance of pick #7, a 20-30% chance of pick #8, a 10-20% chance of pick #6 and <10% of pick #9.

There's not a huge difference between #4 and #8 in this draft class. Quinn, Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas and highly likely to be the top 3. Most folks think the next players off the board will be Gaines Adams, Alan Branch, Adrian Peterson and Leon Hall. Slide much further down and there's a big drop off. #7 or #8 should work out just fine, since we could use ANY of those four players.

Snapple
12-26-2006, 12:47 PM
I don't like tanking. Hell, I don't think we can handle the responsibility of a top-3 draft pick anyway, but even if we could, tanking is just no good. It feels good to win, so let's win.

Just as a side note, Ken Dorsey is going to be starting for the Browns next week.

SESupergenius
12-26-2006, 12:59 PM
This could be it for Carr. Normally I am uninterested in what the Texans have to play for at this time of year, but a win here could be huge for Carr and his status with the team if he has a good day. If not, this could be his last game in a Texans uniform. I am more impressed however with the defense and some of the play calling that has been happening over the last few games. they are disguising their blitzes really well and seem to be getting added pressure to the QB. It was about time the defense stepped it up a bit when we played the Colts. I hope this trend continues. I'd be happy with new safeties and a cornerback if that is all were were able to get in the offseason.

afcman
12-26-2006, 01:23 PM
WIN!!! Always.

Imatexanfan
12-26-2006, 01:35 PM
I don't like tanking. Hell, I don't think we can handle the responsibility of a top-3 draft pick anyway, but even if we could, tanking is just no good. It feels good to win, so let's win.

Just as a side note, Ken Dorsey is going to be starting for the Browns next week.

What happened to that Frye guy?!:shades:

Wow this game will be won after all by the Texans, not that if their other QB was starting that we'd lose but you know it'd be a good game.

Now its up to Carr....................whatcha got man?!:tease:

mexican_texan
12-26-2006, 01:57 PM
I don't look forward to months of draft speculation and months of looking forward to the season while baseball infects the airwaves soon after. As much as you may have been dissapointed, you have to admit the offseason stinks. I can't stand not seeing the Texans for months...so let's make this game special.

ATX
12-26-2006, 02:07 PM
We need to go out and put a spanking on the Browns......We need for some of these guys to get a taste of winning in their mouths and ending the season on a high note will help us in the long run.

I would love for us to dominate a game other than a Jags game.

humbleone
12-26-2006, 02:16 PM
I've just finished a pretty detailed analysis of Strength of Schedule and here's the conclusion:

If Texans lose to the Browns, we're looking at a 50-60% chance of pick #4, a 30-40% chance of pick #5 and a sliver of a shot (<5%) at pick #3.

If the Texans beat the Browns, we're looking at a 35-45% chance of pick #7, a 20-30% chance of pick #8, a 10-20% chance of pick #6 and <10% of pick #9.

There's not a huge difference between #4 and #8 in this draft class. Quinn, Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas and highly likely to be the top 3. Most folks think the next players off the board will be Gaines Adams, Alan Branch, Adrian Peterson and Leon Hall. Slide much further down and there's a big drop off. #7 or #8 should work out just fine, since we could use ANY of those four players.

Wow...great post Sarg! I was wondering how the math was looking. Since Thomas will almost certainly be gone by the time we pick in the #4-#9 range, I will be happy with either RB/Peterson, FS/LaRon Landry, or DT/Branch.

IMO, it would be huge if we could FA help for the defense via CB/Samuel and OLB/Briggs and then FS/Landry followed by OL help OT/Long and OG/C Satele so I am leaning more towards hoping we go "D" again with the first pick and the OL with the next two.

Battle Red Flash
12-26-2006, 03:11 PM
...are you pulling for a win?

Win, win, win, baby! Let's go 6-10, then 10-6 next year! :dance2:

Texansfan36
12-26-2006, 03:54 PM
I hope we smack the ****** out of the Browns. Ever since they beat us in 2004 I have hated them with a passion. Screw draft postion IMHO I want a win over the browns, no wait I don't want just a win, I want us to blow them up. (as slim a chance as we have doing that) I hate the browns almost as much as I hate the teams in our division. Nothing would make me happier than to come out of this season 6-10, and on a high note. I have a friend who is a browns fan, and the crap I've taken from him for being a Texan's fan is worse than anything BSPN has done. If our Texans beat the browns I would be one of the happiest guys on the face of the earth. Beating the browns and getting Revenge, thats what I want.:yahoo: :yes:

I oppologize for any grammatical or spelling errors in this post.

dalemurphy
12-26-2006, 05:06 PM
I'll take the 10th pick instead of the 7th if it means going into the offseason with a 2 game win streak.

OzzO
12-26-2006, 05:55 PM
A nice little nugget you may not know, courtesy of Johnny Mac (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4425995.html)
...Until Sunday's victory over the Colts. Now they can win two in a row for the first time since those 2004 road victories over the Bears and Jaguars.

.... and the Browns gave them the loss that year that broke the win streak and finished the season.

Just WIN Texans. Smack 'em like a dawg!!!

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
12-26-2006, 05:57 PM
The worst franchise in NFL history is not in a position to "throw" a game - you need all the wins you can get so people will only chuckle and not laugh at you...

GuerillaBlack
12-26-2006, 08:43 PM
I don't look forward to months of draft speculation and months of looking forward to the season while baseball infects the airwaves soon after. As much as you may have been dissapointed, you have to admit the offseason stinks. I can't stand not seeing the Texans for months...so let's make this game special.

Tell me about it. I only watch basketball when there is no football. Sadly, basketball will be done in June with the NBA Finals, so then there are two more months of boring baseball crap. I hope this offseason goes by fast.

AggieTexan24
12-26-2006, 08:46 PM
pshh ken dorsey!
I HOPE WE KILL THE BROWNS! (and then draft all day peterson at pick number 7 or 8)
go texans!

threetoedpete
12-26-2006, 09:03 PM
I'll take the 10th pick instead of the 7th if it means going into the offseason with a 2 game win streak.

One thing for sure...that'll make all the Leron Supporters happy campers.

Great blue northern has a small write up on the "race". If we tie with the skins we get the pick. Anyone gets thier "juniors coming out" link working....let me know.

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.htm

threetoedpete
12-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Look, you go for the win, thats plain and simple. Going for draft positions is for losers. :shades:

Although I was kind of happy that we had the #1 pick last year so we could draft VY and/or RB, buts thats another story thats going to always be brought up.

Well I'm a Big Ray Childress fan. But don't tell me there's not a dime's bit of difference between Ray Childerss and Bruce Smith. And yeah that was a couple of games won difference I believe. Be some teams with some unusual lines up come Sunday. And you can believe that Pard. :shades:

Drager
12-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, of course, I want a win. It will be really embarrassing if we lose to the Browns with their 3RD string QB!!!!! Frye's gone, his replacement Derek Andersen got hurt last week and this week we will face Ken Dorsey. That would be a major let down. Don't let us down Texans!!!!

Hervoyel
12-26-2006, 10:19 PM
One can be aware of the benefits to draft position if we lose and appreciate it without actually wanting to see the team lose. I just can't make myself feel good about a loss even if I know there's some kind of silver lining that might come of it. Likewise I can't get too unhappy about a win. As bad as we looked beating the Raiders we still won the game. I'll take winning over losing any time.

I want to see the Texans beat the Browns because the Browns are a bad team and good teams beat bad teams when they meet them. I know the Texans are and have been a bad team too but I think a win against Cleveland will help validate the win over the Colts. As has already been said one win against Indy is just another "any given Sunday" if it's all by itself. Put that with a solid performance and win against Cleveland and it's possibly a turning point. We'd be 3-2 over the last 5 weeks if that happened. We'd have clear evidence that the Texans are improving to build our off-season hopes on.

swisher
12-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Besides, if we win we become bowl eligible.

Second Honeymoon
12-26-2006, 10:37 PM
The locker room needs this win to build some momentum into the offseason. The Browns are the closest thing to our franchise in the NFL. We both have had major growing pains and some really bad decisions made. Let's prove that we are in better shape than them, and lets prove it on the football field.

Jockeying for draft position is for losers. We can still pick around 7th even with a win. We would have either DT Branch or CB Hall from Michigan available, both of which happen to be positions of need. We could even possibly pick up the free safety Landry from LSU. OT Joe Thomas would be nice but we lost any chance at him once we beat the Colts.

Here is to the Texans beating the Browns on Sunday and finishing the season with 3 wins in our last 5 games. Our only losses against the Titans (who are on fire) and the Patriots in New England. That would be a good finish and would really speak volumes for Kubiak and Smith's regime. If this Leach kid at FB is an example of what Smith can pick up from the scrap heap, then we got a whiz kid with Smith. Let's see what this guy can do with McNair's supposedly fat wallet in the offseason.

Second Honeymoon
12-26-2006, 10:37 PM
Besides, if we win we become bowl eligible.

hahaha

Sarg01
12-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Great blue northern has a small write up on the "race". If we tie with the skins we get the pick.

I saw that this morning and was stunned that GBNReport, one of the better draft sites around could have gotten that wrong ... but they did. Head to head is not an applicable tiebreaker to draft status. If we finish tied with the Redskins, the applicable tiebreaker is the coin flip.

SAMURAITEXAN
12-26-2006, 11:37 PM
Win always!! We play for pride!!

GO TEXANS!!!!!!

yourfavoritetexan42
12-27-2006, 12:31 AM

You mean Miami is doing a good job for Capers?

Thats like being the head coach of the Detroit Pistons a few year back... you don't need to do much. He has the best defensive end in football (most important position on defense) and one of the best linebackers in the game (second most important position) on his side of the ball. Things should be pretty easy, Now don't get me wrong...he has done the play calling and such...but I think Saban has just as much to do with that D as capers does... but either way I give the credit to that defense.

Now the the Browns subject. I don't want to see us to lose for a better draft pick. I want to see a big win going into this offseason, that way our players will be like...hmm... we won two in a row, beat one of the best teams in football... we can do this next year...and they will be motivated and it ll be easier to bring in free agents with a 6-10 record than a 5-11 record. Trust me. 5-11 looks like a team that needs a lot of work while 6-10 is only a few wins from being in the playoff picture. Right now I don't think our main concern is building in the draft anyways...its building in free agency. We have the young talent we need, all of the young talent we need. We need veterans to help lead this group of young guys. Look at every position on the field, quarterback young guy, running back DD is young but now we have Dayne to help out, fb young, o line, two of our best o linemen this year were rookies or young (pitts). D line, mario williams our best d linemen was a rookie, linebackers, demeco ryans, our leader on defense, yea he was a rookie. Our dbs our best safety and corner (the only two guys we should keep, unless for nikelbacks and such) were d-rob and earl, who are both very young.

My point? FREE AGENCY is where we need to build next season, not the draft... I would really like to see the Texans trade away their draft pick honestly.

But yeah...go Texans beat the browns :shades:

Davis37
12-27-2006, 01:36 AM
I was at the Colts game and sat right behind Santa. I thanked him for the early Xmas present many times as we walked out of the stadium. He also promised me another "late" present... That present is a win over the Browns this Sunday! I'll also be at Reliant Stadium this Sunday to watch the Texans kick the stuffing out of the Browns! My first game ever going to Reliant was vs. the Colts and we pulled off the upset. If Santa doesn't screw me over and we win vs. the Browns I'm gonna get season tickets for '07! GO TEXANS!!! :highfive:

kastofsna
12-27-2006, 09:08 AM
yeah ive been pretty impressed with him so far. our defense is miles better than last year, and he's using jason taylor perfectly.

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
12-27-2006, 09:43 AM

THE TEXANS ARE LOSERS - ALWAYS HAVE BEEN ALWAYS WILL BE - IT'S PART OF THE PROBLEM OF HAVING A "DUMB @SS" OWNER...

edo783
12-27-2006, 09:52 AM
yeah ive been pretty impressed with him so far. our defense is miles better than last year, and he's using jason taylor perfectly.

Capers is a very good DC, just a really , really bad HC.

The Pencil Neck
12-27-2006, 12:46 PM
Personally, the whole draft thing is a total crapshoot. I think you can get WAY too weirded out about the value of one pick over another. The draft is really about accurately judging whether a player will be able to make a difference on your team. If you were to go back in any draft and "redraft" or just put the players in the order of their productivity, you'd have a totally different list than you'd get from the order of their draft positions.

I mean, look at what SI did with this year's draft... according to them, we had 2 top 10 draft picks this past year. :yahoo: Whether Mario warranted the #1 pick or not is really irrelevant if you put it in those terms.

So, if we're picking 3rd or we're picking 10th, I really don't care. I trust this group of coaches to get us a great player that's going to help the team wherever they pick.

So let's beat the snot out of the Browns. :marionaner:

amazingandre
12-27-2006, 01:29 PM
I think our Texans should and can wiin this one....we all should hope they win and not tank because thats just dumb thinking it they tank.....anyway i am excited to see david carr play the last game because there is sooooo much on the line for him.....i think he goes close to 17 of 21 235 yards and 2 tds........dayne had another big day as they are ranked 31st on d and he gets 19 carries 183 yards......aj comes up with 8 catches 113 yards and the defese hold em all day....mw gets one and half sacks and they create 3 turnovers a bit modest id say, right???????:tease:

Khari
12-27-2006, 01:35 PM
y do we always play the browns........man i'm tired of them

HJam72
12-27-2006, 01:38 PM

It'll be more fun when we start kicking the snot outta them, the way it should be.

Sarg01
12-27-2006, 02:32 PM

For the same reason we're playing them again next year.

The formula:

Each team plays 6 divisional games, 4 games against another AFC division, 4 games against an NFC division = 14. The last two games are against the corresponding team from the other two AFC divisions. Thus a team who finishes 4th in their division will always play the other three AFC 4th place teams.

That's been the Texans and Browns pretty frequently.

kenneth24
12-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Capers is a very good DC, just a really , really bad HC.

Agreed! He delegates too much as a HC

CharloTex
12-27-2006, 06:21 PM
Let me be clear up front - last year I wanted to lose at San Fran. because it assured that we would land RB in the draft (or, Water Walker for all you Vince lovers, which I now am one of). A win against SF last year could have no positive meaning. This year, a win against Cleveland will have every positive meaning. A 2-game win streak leading into the off season. A 6-8 record, only ONE GAME worse than our best year EVER (!).

This in a season where we owned the Jags and finally beat Indy. Yes, we lost 2 to Vince, but both were essentially our own fault (even though Vince was spectacular in the last). Bottom line, we've established that we can compete in our own division. In addition to the close games against Tenn., we played winnable games against NYG and Buffalo. The frustration levels were extremely high at many points, but if we beat Cleveland, who can argue that we didn't have significant, tangible growth from last year.

But a loss to Cleveland will dimish all of that. And especially Cleveland because we will have feelings of Deja Vu ALL WINTER LONG. I don't want to come to these boards and listen to the nay sayers who will point out that we are traveling the exact same road we've already been on.

As for the draft, we currently sit at 6th place. I too have done a very detailed study of the outcome of the coming week 17. If we lose to Cleveland, we need both TB and ARZ to win and we would almost certainly have the 3rd pick. But ARZ is very unlikely to lose to SD unless they are laying down. TB has a tough game against Seattle, who may be laying down. Still, let's not hope for better than 4th place if we lose. A JAX loss at KC strongly solidifies these scenarios. If neither TB nor ARZ win, we will be hard pressed to move even to 5th spot, again strongly dependant on JAX losing.

If we win against CLE, we will surely move up from the 6th slot. We're at significant strength of schedule disadvantages against ARZ, MIN and SF. If WAS wins, we should be able to beat them and we have pretty good numbers against MIA. We would likely be looking at 8th or 9th place. Possibly 7th if a lot of the planets align in our favor.

But we're reasonably looking at a 4th or 5th if we lose, and a 8th or 9th if we win. Ya'll know a lot more than me about the caliber of players availabe in this range, but I'd rather have a win against CLE and draft at 8th place, than a CLE loss and draft at 5th, even 4th. With Kubes, it's not going to only be the first round pick that shapes next year's draft, it's going to be more so the 2nd - 7th rounds. And finally, 2 wins at the end of this season will help attract free agents, IMO.

Goldeagle
12-27-2006, 07:38 PM

I totally agree with this post. Id never choose for my team to lose. I understand that you can find solace in a loss, but nah, cant cheer for them to lose.

Imatexanfan
12-27-2006, 09:24 PM
You know what yould really get Texan fans excited about next season?.............. A blowout. :marionaner:

In a perfect game for us would be..

Dunta getting a INT.
Demeco doing what he normally does.
Mario gets 2 sacks, 3-4 tackles, and pressures the QB all day.

Just want to see our leaders on Defense have a really good game. :ok:

I'd love for th O-line to only not allow a sack...again.
AJ has a good game, which is like all the time.
Carr has a good game.
Dayne has a good game.

This team has to learn how to win and there's no better time to start learning than right now. :yes:

Imatexanfan
12-28-2006, 06:45 PM
We should beat the Browns and you have to pull for the Texans to beat the Browns. :yahoo:

If you're looking at it from a draft position perspective, we blew that beating the Colts. If we lost and with the Tampa victory, we could have slid into the #3 spot. We will be picking late in the top 10 now. Dont get me wrong, Im not upset at all that we beat the Colts and won't be picking as high. I think beating the Colts is huge for this team.
:ok:
We should be hoping to improve this team by building morale within the guys already on this team by blowing out the Brown and finishing with a two game winning streak to close out the season. This team has to learn how to win and there's no better time to start learning than right now. :yes:

SLO Texan
12-28-2006, 06:55 PM
You know what yould really get Texan fans excited about next season?.............. A blowout. :marionaner:

In a perfect game for us would be..

Dunta getting a INT.
Demeco doing what he normally does.
Mario gets 2 sacks, 3-4 tackles, and pressures the QB all day.

Just want to see our leaders on Defense have a really good game. :ok:

I'd love for th O-line to only not allow a sack...again.
AJ has a good game, which is like all the time.
Carr has a good game.
Dayne has a good game.

This team has to learn how to win and there's no better time to start learning than right now. :yes:

Whoa there you're getting me way too excited!! NOT, I don't think I could get any more excited than I am right now. I'm back in town for Christmas and b/c of all the airline BS was not able to get back in time to go to the Colts game. Which my buddys' parents had tickets for him and I at the 20 yd line three rows up. Man was I POed!!!!

I cannot wait to possibly go to the game Sunday and cheer until my voice is gone!!! I hope we anhialate(sp?) the Browns this Sunday as well!!! A huge aerial attack from David is just what the Doctor should order. A huge game from our D with a couple Ints' and a few sacks would make this the best trip back home to Houston EVER!!!!

And if I hear of anyone rooting for us to lose b/c of draft position they will be recieving a swift kick in the arse!!!

GO:logo:

Imatexanfan
12-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Whoa there you're getting me way too excited!! NOT, I don't think I could get any more excited than I am right now. I'm back in town for Christmas and b/c of all the airline BS was not able to get back in time to go th the Colts game. Which my buddys' parents had tickets for him and I at the 20 yd line three rows up. Man was I POed!!!!

I cannot wait to possibly go to the game Sunday and cheer until my voice is gone!!! I hope we anhialate(sp?) the Browns this Sunday as well!!! A huge aerial attack from David is just what the Doctor should order. A huge game from our D with a couple Ints' and a few sacks would make this the best trip back home to Houston EVER!!!!

GO:logo:

I'm with ya dog.

I still have strong memories of the Brown's rivalry here in Houston. The name and franchise has changed for us, the division rivalry is gone, but the competitive spirit I have with this team STILL remains. I WANT A WIN!! Alway's a win!! A blowout would be fantastic, but, I won't be selfish, a simple WIN will do!