PDA

View Full Version : take 'em or leave 'em

skillz24
12-25-2006, 01:18 AM
if you had to decide who to keep or who to release what would you do? give me a list position by position all the way down our depth chart. here is mine...

keep...
quarterbacks:Carr, Rosenfels
runningbacks:davis, Lundy, and Dayne...after today
fullbacks:Leach
wide reciever:Johnson, Moulds, Mathis, Armstrong
tight ends:daniels, Putzier
tackles:Winston, Weigart, Salaam, and Spencer...if he can play again
guards:Pitts, Weary
center: nobody
defensive end:Weaver, Williams, Kalu, Peek
densive tackle:Payne, Johnson, Maddox...he is a good depth player
linebackers:RYANS...clone him, Greenwood
defensive backs:Brown, Robinson, Simmons
safties: nobody
kicker:Brown...he can kick it when the coaches don't tell him to miss
punter: nobody

release the rest...after cap hits we may be up to 20 mill in money available, but we are gonna have about 15 mill in dead money then

Andrew6
12-25-2006, 01:20 AM
what is the word on D. Davis?

is he goin to go back on IR again?

skillz24
12-25-2006, 01:26 AM
what is the word on D. Davis?

is he goin to go back on IR again?

i haven't heard anything about him still needing more time, i thought the decision to let him sit this year out was made to give him a couple extra months to let him fully recover instead of chancing him getting hurt again in week 13-14 when he would have been back.

Andrew6
12-25-2006, 01:28 AM
Hard to tell if we should just let him go or see what he can do after being out so long

Ole Miss Texan
12-25-2006, 01:28 AM
We'll be interested to see what happens to Davis. When you included that i was like...davis....who? lol

RB: I want to see more of chris taylor, i liked him today.
LB: charlie anderson good backup...great on special teams
SS: Glenn Earl..I think he does decent enough for ss.
CB: Faggins (i know sorry!) for nickle...we draft cb 1st round though.
C/G: McKinney?

skillz24
12-25-2006, 01:30 AM
We'll be interested to see what happens to Davis. When you included that i was like...davis....who? lol

RB: I want to see more of chris taylor, i liked him today.
LB: charlie anderson good backup...great on special teams
SS: Glenn Earl..I think he does decent enough for ss.
CB: Faggins (i know sorry!) for nickle...we draft cb 1st round though.
C/G: McKinney?

i don't like faggins he reminds me too much of phillip buchanon and Mckinney is too old and costs to much we need to get younger talent and develop it.

Andrew6
12-25-2006, 01:32 AM
Faggins has made alot of costly mistakes this year, kind of hard to overlook those. about as bad as what Cook did but his mistakes were fewer and bigger

skillz24
12-25-2006, 01:33 AM
Faggins has made alot of costly mistakes this year, kind of hard to overlook those. about as bad as what Cook did but his mistakes were fewer and bigger

i dunno cook is done here and vonta leach looked like a stud today where has he been all year!!?!!

Andrew6
12-25-2006, 01:38 AM
he made me proud, cook had alot of potential just kinda shot his own self in the foot looked like

skillz24
12-25-2006, 01:41 AM
he made me proud, cook had alot of potential just kinda shot his own self in the foot looked like

i agree...we lost a game because of him fumbling on NYG 40 with 3:00 left in the game. all i hope is to release him and take the penalty

Andrew6
12-25-2006, 01:43 AM
can you just imagine all the close games WE SHOULDA WON. I think we only lost 3 or 4 games by a large margin. if we had won those close games that we couldn't close out or just gave to the other team we'd be in the hunt for a wild card right now

t_flare
12-25-2006, 01:47 AM
2 jamal cook fumbles cost us the Giants and Bills game.
Faggins burn twice in the Bill's game

Carr horrific game at Tenn... was looking good until that terrible pick then he couldnt hold on to the ball.

Patriots game... I know it wasnt close but you come out of the 3rd with a TD and have all the momemetum.. then your ST let them run one all the way back.

we coulda be 7-8 now but hell.. a win sunday 6-10 is soooooooooooo much better than 2-14

dirty steve
12-25-2006, 02:16 AM
i don't like faggins he reminds me too much of phillip buchanon and Mckinney is too old and costs to much we need to get younger talent and develop it.
yeah, but a valuable 2nd and 3rd round pick wasnt surrendered to acquire faggins. while he is often regarded as a 3rd or "nickel" type defender, i admire his effort most weeks. his play in his first game against the jags at home was very inspired. remember, he was picked up in the 6th round in 2002. McKinney is only 30 years old, but seems to be out of Kubiak's rotation (for the most part) and probably won't be worth his cap number next year.