PDA

View Full Version : Ron "RUN" Dayne "TRAYNE"

Andrew6
12-25-2006, 01:15 AM
Ok i have to admit, I wasn't big into college ball back in 2000 and if it didn't have something to do with the Green Bay packers, I had nothing to do with the NFL back then. I always support my home team. Being as I was in biloxi MS at the time i had to support Brett Favre because he was from a little town about 15 miles from me called the Kiln, and my g/f at the times brother was good buddys with him.
ok now that i've given you some background about myself I have to say that I don't place a whole lot in Heisman trophey winners b/c being the best person in college one year doesnt' always mean you'll be the best or hell even decent in the NFL at all.
I do however give much respect to Ron "RUN" Dayne "TRAYNE".

He went out there today and basically made the colts his "FEMALE DOG" :D ha ha ha ...

There are few times in my life that i will remember that I felt like the luckiest man in the world
1. Got the job of my life
2. Saw snow in Houston ON CHRISTMAS
3. My fiance' actually said yes , poor girl.
4. Texans BEAT Cowgirls
5. Texans BEAT COLTS

maybe not in that exact order, and i'm sure that graduating college or something should be in there

so officially RON DAYNE's New name is:

RON DAYNE the RUN TRAYNE

pass it on you're friends will think you're cool and all the cool kids are doing it

powerfuldragon
12-25-2006, 02:02 AM
The run trayne?? nah.

hobie
12-25-2006, 08:58 AM
If it works for you...go for it. Ron did have a great game, and a better one if there wasn't the holding call in the 4th Qtr. that had another TD brought back. Also take into consideration it was Indy's defense, one of the worst in stopping the run. But I will take the 153 and 2 td's anyday..

TexanFan881
12-25-2006, 10:07 AM
If it works for you...go for it. Ron did have a great game, and a better one if there wasn't the holding call in the 4th Qtr. that had another TD brought back. Also take into consideration it was Indy's defense, one of the worst in stopping the run. But I will take the 153 and 2 td's anyday..

If AJ didn't hold on that play, Dayne would have gotten a 5-10 yard run. There was no way the player AJ was blocking wasn't going to get Dayne, unless AJ held. But yes, good day for Dayne. And I think the Dayne Train sounds better than the Run Train.

Andrew6
12-25-2006, 10:09 AM
Well if it wasn't for RUN TRAYNE then we probably wouldn't have had the win against the Raiders this year either. He's been the only RB that has shown any kind of consistancy. He hasn't made a whole lot of great runs but if you need 2 or 3 or 4 yards he seems to be the only one that is capable

Texans Horror
12-25-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm glad Ron is finally working out somewhere. There were high expectations for him coming out of college, but he never really found his place. When he came to Houston many fans (myself included) were chortling at his appearance. It was a sign of desperation from Kubiak, and maybe it was, but I am glad it finally had a positive spin.

To me, here's the big question: Do you keep with the running backs you have, since you are finally seeing signs of life from them, or do you draft an Adrianne Peterson-type with the first-round pick. Personally, I say keep these backs. As the line improves, so will they.

Vinny
12-25-2006, 04:28 PM
ok now that i've given you some background about myself I have to say that I don't place a whole lot in Heisman trophey winners b/c being the best person in college one year doesnt' always mean you'll be the best or hell even decent in the NFL at all. The Heisman Throphy has nothing to do with projecting players to the NFL...it's about who was the most productive College player. That guy won't always be an ideal NFL player.

sakebomb
12-25-2006, 09:51 PM
I still want to see a homerun threat in the backfield.

jdog
12-25-2006, 11:29 PM
I'm glad Ron is finally working out somewhere. There were high expectations for him coming out of college, but he never really found his place. When he came to Houston many fans (myself included) were chortling at his appearance. It was a sign of desperation from Kubiak, and maybe it was, but I am glad it finally had a positive spin.

To me, here's the big question: Do you keep with the running backs you have, since you are finally seeing signs of life from them, or do you draft an Adrianne Peterson-type with the first-round pick. Personally, I say keep these backs. As the line improves, so will they.

I really like Lundy and Dayne. I don't think Kubiak would take a RB in the first round anyway. He enjoys finding the diamonds in the rough.

I kind of like the idea of building a super D. We are headed in the right direction there.

Also, we should build on the offensive line. I think we are good on offensive skill players. Assuming Johnson sticks around...