PDA

View Full Version : Petey Faggins?

Andrew6
12-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Was I the only one at the game that wanted to choke Faggins, the guy looked like he was almost trying to help the colts, every touchdown, every pass for great yardage etc... was against Faggins.

Kaiser Toro
12-24-2006, 11:04 PM
Petey was a good nickle back and will be an even better one next year due to his experience this year.

the wonger need food
12-24-2006, 11:08 PM
The TD to Moorehead was on Robinson.

Overall, our secondary is very, very weak. And that includes Dunta.

kcwilson
12-24-2006, 11:11 PM
The TD to Moorehead was on Robinson.

Overall, our secondary is very, very weak. And that includes Dunta.

Agreed... Dunta isn't a pure cover corner, but if the DL gets pressure, he is a good cover corner....

Bottom line, the DL needs to help in order to protect our weak secondary... I am all for signing a free agent corner and drafting a DB to replace CC Brown in the first round, which with our record, we seem angeld to be doing with about a 6-8th overall pick.

Petey is only good as a third corner and can't be expected to lock down Harrison. Thank goodness they didn't run every pass play at him.

Andrew6
12-24-2006, 11:11 PM
Mr. Robinson played piss poor but Faggins is the one that pissed me off the most, alot of misses there that he could exploited and really put some more points on the board

the wonger need food
12-24-2006, 11:20 PM
I'm not defending Petey because he has been burned a lot this year. However, I think he is expecting help over the top on some of these plays and just isn't getting. Our safeties are garbage. Neither guy would start on any other NFL team.

joedinkle
12-24-2006, 11:23 PM
I recall seeing Dunta break up a few passes on some key plays. But plain and simple, if you can't get pressure on the QB, your secondary will suffer. I thought Dunta did ok today. Don't forget who was throwing and catching the balls here. Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, and Peyton Manning.

Andrew6
12-24-2006, 11:37 PM
sad truth is, it'll probably be another year or two before we are a team that is going to make it to the play offs and be a force to be reconned with

Ole Miss Texan
12-24-2006, 11:39 PM
If you look closely on the first Harrison TD play you can clearly see Faggins stop during the middle of the play and start picking up flowers out of the grass.

we need to pick up a cb in the 1st...or trade down and pick up a cb in the 1st.

Andrew6
12-24-2006, 11:42 PM
I'm thinking his ADHD kicked in and he saw something shiney.

dalemurphy
12-25-2006, 12:10 AM
We are 3 players away from having one of the better defenses in the league:

We need: a free safety that can cover, a solid cover cornerback, and an upgrade at one of the OLB positions.

That really isn't much. FS and OLB aren't expensive nor do you need to draft high to get one. If we can nail a draft pick for a CB or get one of the good ones via free agency, I trust LB and FS will be rather easily addressed by Rick Smith. Petey is an excellent nickel corner!

Andrew6
12-25-2006, 12:17 AM
we're also about 8 players from having one of the better offenses in the NFL

skillz24
12-25-2006, 12:23 AM
We are 3 players away from having one of the better defenses in the league:

We need: a free safety that can cover, a solid cover cornerback, and an upgrade at one of the OLB positions.

That really isn't much. FS and OLB aren't expensive nor do you need to draft high to get one. If we can nail a draft pick for a CB or get one of the good ones via free agency, I trust LB and FS will be rather easily addressed by Rick Smith. Petey is an excellent nickel corner!

we are a little more than 3 key players...we need two corners CC wouldn't be a bad DB in a dime set as long as he isn't at a safety position. we need to safeties badly, olb help and a dt who stays healthy and we will be better off.

Ole Miss Texan
12-25-2006, 12:23 AM
we're also about 8 players from having one of the better offenses in the NFL

hahaha, that totals 11. we are half way to a great team!

Bubbajwp
12-25-2006, 12:30 AM
I think we are four players away from a good to great defense

Pass rushing DT
Ball Hawking FS
Good CB
Consistent OLB to replace Orr

Ole Miss Texan
12-25-2006, 12:35 AM
Can be solved with 4 1st round picks this year...

DT Alan Branch
CB Leon Hall
FS Reggie Nelson
LB Patrick Willis

That sure would be sweet. ( I will wake up in a few)

dalemurphy
12-25-2006, 12:36 AM
we are a little more than 3 key players...we need two corners CC wouldn't be a bad DB in a dime set as long as he isn't at a safety position. we need to safeties badly, olb help and a dt who stays healthy and we will be better off.

Hypothetically speaking:

Starting defense: Mario, TJ, Payne, Weaver, Greenwood, Ryans, ADAILUS THOMAS, NATE CLEMENTS, Dunta, Glenn Earl/C.C., KEN HAMLIN

Backups: Peek, Babin, Kalu, Thomas Johnson, KWong, Faggins, LSanders

That would be a darn good defense, IMO. That's only three additions. I realize we won't get all three of those guys. I think our SS position is fine. The problem this year is recognizing whose SS and whose FS back there. I think they are both SS... In my opinion Earl is a good SS. I put C.C as a possibility because I know many people are higher on him than I am. Having Clements, Dunta, and Faggins all on the field in a nickel situation with a solid FS sounds like an excellent situation to me.

We'll see what happens this offseason. However, we definitely have some very good young players to start building around defensively. Hope's abound! Plus we have cap space, good coaching, a new GM, and a top 10 draft pick!

touttail
12-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Manning and Harrison eat PETEY'S lunch.

Thank God they weren't on the field as long as we were or it

would have been a different ending!

Bobby 119C :yahoo:

Zac
12-25-2006, 11:39 AM
But, let us not forget!!!! Peyton Manning just threw 4,000 yards for the 7th time in his career.

That is an NFL record. A lot of secondaries have looked bad after Peyton and his band mercinaries (ahem. receivers) have gone through their defenses.

Daunta did a good job. He broke up several key passes. He got burned, but that isn't anything new for any corner that is playing against Peyton Manning.

Faggins got faked!!! Now that is worse than having a great receiver come down with the ball when you are hawking him. Faggins is good, and should continue to work hard. But....

...But if there is a shut down corner still available when the Texans choose in the draft, the Texans have to go for him. There is room for improvement.

threetoedpete
12-25-2006, 11:45 AM
They guy is a sixeth round tallent. Everyone knows what his tallent level is. Can we please stop these Petie didn't have a good game threads. The guy is well liked in the locker room. He ain't going anywhere. They will pick up help in the off season. OK ? We got it. We don't need anymore "I saw Petie F*&^ Up I must be a stinkin' genious" threads.

South Texan
12-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Manning and Harrison eat PETEY'S lunch.

Thank God they weren't on the field as long as we were or it

would have been a different ending!

Bobby 119C :yahoo:

Change that to Manning and Harrison eat EVERYONE'S lunch.

But still, I agree with those that think Faggins is a nickle back.

Zippy
12-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Petey plays with a ton of heart and great enthusiasm. He's got the energy level I wish everone had out there. He's fun to watch and I love to see him come up big. He had a tough assignment covering #88 - give him a break.

I miss seeing him out there on kick-off coverage, too. He swarms the return man every time and has given some hard hits.

We don't need to bash him - I guarantee he's his own worst critic. I didn't see him running around the field celebrating with everyone yesterday after the field goal. I'm sure he didn't feel like he earned the right to celebrate himself.

Keep cheering for Petey - he feeds off the energy of the crowd and deserves our support.

jdog
12-25-2006, 10:08 PM
They guy is a sixeth round tallent. Everyone knows what his tallent level is. Can we please stop these Petie didn't have a good game threads. The guy is well liked in the locker room. He ain't going anywhere. They will pick up help in the off season. OK ? We got it. We don't need anymore "I saw Petie F*&^ Up I must be a stinkin' genious" threads.

Amen.

V Man
12-25-2006, 10:41 PM
I don't think Petey had a good game, but on both of Marvin's TD, it was just as much C.C.'s fault as Petey's. Both plays Brown was out of position. I think we all know we need secondary help in the offseason (in a bad way).

painekiller
12-25-2006, 11:53 PM
I don't think Petey had a good game, but on both of Marvin's TD, it was just as much C.C.'s fault as Petey's. Both plays Brown was out of position. I think we all know we need secondary help in the offseason (in a bad way).

And the CB always looks bad when the safety doesn't know where he is supposed to be. And CC is always playing the run hard because he is a SS playing FS, plus our Orr has not been a stud against the run.

You get Landry or Nelson and you upgrade 2 positions, or at least the CB looks better then with CC.

mexican_texan
12-25-2006, 11:57 PM
On one of the plays where Petey gets burned, I see CC running a few yards behind him....and them Earl a few yards behind CC...can anyone explain?

mexican_texan
12-26-2006, 12:03 AM
Whoever said Dunta played poorly...Pro Bowler Reggie Wayne had 3 catches for 27 yards, with a long of 12 yards. Moorehead scored on him, but I can't say it was all on him as I didn't see the play unfold.

kingh99
12-26-2006, 12:16 PM
The team needs a cover free safety. painfully obvious CC and Earl are both SS. The deep ball to Harrison was as much the safety's fault as the cb. The texans have to try and get their run support from somewhere else and use a true speed free safety to help on the intermediate and deep stuff. Faggins has swagger and is a playmaker. He needs better cover safeties around him.