PDA

View Full Version : The next Troy Polamulu??

Buckle
12-24-2006, 11:02 PM
Is anyone watching the Hawaii game?? Their safety Leonard Peters reminds me alot of Polamulu.. He might be worth taking a look at especially if he is available in the later rounds. Anyone know anything more about him or have a scouting report on him, or have an idea of what round he would be projected in??

V Man
12-24-2006, 11:16 PM
Is anyone watching the Hawaii game?? Their safety Leonard Peters reminds me alot of Polamulu.. He might be worth taking a look at especially if he is available in the later rounds. Anyone know anything more about him or have a scouting report on him, or have an idea of what round he would be projected in??

Saw him and thought the same thing (it's a hair thing). But I couldn't find anything on him.

Buckle
12-24-2006, 11:20 PM
yeah the hair def helps but he seems to play very fast and is all over the field. Seems to have good speed, good in coverage and had a good blitz to force a fumble. The announcers mentioned he could be a combine workout wonder..

Ole Miss Texan
12-25-2006, 12:04 AM
Great find in leonard peters... i'm going to read more about him.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Aug/30/sp/sp11a.html

You must be pretty good if Reggie Bush takes notice. In an ESPN online chat last December, Bush, USC's Heisman Trophy winner, was asked who the best player he played against. His response: "The guy that sticks out is No. 42, the safety from Hawai'i. He was just everywhere ... I don't know his name but he was fast and he was a great player and everytime I got tackled, he was there."

-quoted from ariticle

Bubbajwp
12-25-2006, 12:06 AM
Great find in leonard peters... i'm going to read more about him.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Aug/30/sp/sp11a.html

You must be pretty good if Reggie Bush takes notice. In an ESPN online chat last December, Bush, USC's Heisman Trophy winner, was asked who the best player he played against. His response: "The guy that sticks out is No. 42, the safety from Hawai'i. He was just everywhere ... I don't know his name but he was fast and he was a great player and everytime I got tackled, he was there."

-quoted from ariticle

Thats enough for me.

Ole Miss Texan
12-25-2006, 12:12 AM
Thats enough for me.

one more for you:

http://www.kaleo.org/vnews/display.v/ART/2006/12/11/457cc708199e1

During last season’s opening game against the University of Southern California and playing what he thought was his final season, senior free safety Leonard Peters suffered a serious knee injury that caused him to miss the rest of the season.

However, the NCAA gave Peters an extension of his eligibility, allowing him to return in 2006 for a sixth year. With one postseason game left, Peters has made a difference in the defense since returning from injury.

“He changed our defense,” said defensive coordinator Jerry Glanville. “Everybody thinks we had a tremendous improvement from a year ago, but really, I think it was because of Leonard ... Everything that he did, we couldn’t do last year. He is the difference from last year.”

Yup...funny how hearing about a guy for maybe 10 minutes just changed my draft ideas.

TheRealJoker
12-25-2006, 01:05 AM
What round do yall see him going in? Anyone have a link to his scouting report or any film?

Bubbajwp
12-25-2006, 01:22 AM
NFL draft blitz has him rated as just missed which means he isnt a the top twenty FS.

BUT

They also have him as a top sleeper.

I think he will go in the fourth or fifth round.

Ole Miss Texan
12-25-2006, 01:22 AM
I'd be making an uneducated guess.

kastofsna
12-25-2006, 09:49 AM
if you couldnt' see his hair you wouldn't see the polamalu comparison.

CoastalTexan
12-25-2006, 11:59 AM
SS or FS type?

Ole Miss Texan
12-25-2006, 12:09 PM
he is listed as a fs but i havn't seen him play.

Texas_Thrill
12-25-2006, 12:25 PM
if you couldnt' see his hair you wouldn't see the polamalu comparison.

pretty much but the bush quote does make you take notice.

hot pickle
12-25-2006, 12:51 PM
i told yall about this guy last year, but he got a medical redshirt last season, i didnt watch the game to much last night, but it looked like he was good against the run, but he sure has long hair, more hair then troy i think