PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Taylor?

Goldeagle
12-24-2006, 08:36 PM
We saw a small glimpse, what did you think? Future??

tex
12-24-2006, 08:52 PM
He kind of reminded me of Lundy.He looked good on some plays and lost on others.I hope he stays around for the future.I don't think DD will be back.

mexican_texan
12-24-2006, 09:03 PM
He, Dayne, and Lundy make a good backfield. I believe he's taken Gado's job.

jerek
12-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Easily our most athletic back who looked like a rookie today. Continue to work him into the game and see if he can take Dayne's spot. So we're clear; Dayne is a "good enough" back, especially against the lighter, poor run defense of the Colts. He's not the future but his vision will ensure his starting role until someone else learns to consistently find the hole.

mexican_texan
12-24-2006, 09:50 PM
There was one play, a pitch, I believe, where Taylor ran with power, with speed, the kind of running that I see in the elite backs. Kubiak has also said that he's impressed with the way Taylor runs the ball. If it wasn't for his blocking, Taylor would have been in the game when our running game was as non-existant as our D early in the season.

LORK 88
12-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Taylor looked better on outside runs, and especially on his 1st carry, the draw. He looks like he can be a good RB, doubt anything special but he has a great burst and some good speed. Quickness and speed is what he brings to us, and I feel that he can earn a roster spot next year.

Stampede
12-24-2006, 09:59 PM
There was one play, a pitch, I believe, where Taylor ran with power, with speed, the kind of running that I see in the elite backs. Kubiak has also said that he's impressed with the way Taylor runs the ball. If it wasn't for his blocking, Taylor would have been in the game when our running game was as non-existant as our D early in the season.

I believe the pitch gained 3 yards. I agree he needs more opportunities.

nunusguy
12-24-2006, 10:03 PM
It was good to finally see him on the field.
Definitely our quickest back now that Morency is gone.