PDA

View Full Version : One more to go.

Dime
12-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Today, we saw a good game.

If we would have lost, it would have been the end of the world on this board. But it was pulled out.

Who is responsible?

Some say Dayne takes this top honor. I disagree.
Some say Carr was the top one today. Again, I disagree.

Who did it for us today? The WHOLE freaking team did. The team loses and wins together. Today, we came out victors. Quit individuallizing it and getting back to 'so in so is terrible'. We WON against the Colts as a team.

Extra props go to:
The Oline - Way to go guys, opening those whole and shutting the biggest opening today, which was Freeney's mouth.

Carr - He had some bad ball placement early, but he was able to follow Kubs instruction and took his time. He has bad things happen when he rushes, and he relaxed a bit today, looking good in the process.

Dayne - Many times, this dude was hit 3 or 4 times and was still trucking. Dayne has been working hard and pushing the line for the last few weeks. He runs downhill and had a great game. Big props to him.

Andre/Walter - Didnt see any ball a droppin, they worked hard and looked good.

D-line - Mr. Mario set the tempo with the ff, and had a few good tackles. Others also backup Mario and rushed the qb several times. One or two even got to bringeth the wood to Manning, even though they didnt sack him.

LB's - Greenwood/Ryans/Peek all played very good, and Babin over ran plays a bit. The thing I liked about Babin was, even though he was overrunning plays.. he was in the backfield alot. He just needs to work on that.

CB's - Plays were made and missed here.. but they stepped up when they could.

S/FS - My mom told me if you dont have anything good to say, then dont say it. I thought the FS and S had a .....

Kub - Ya all give him crap about play call/ etc. We have improved in EVERY facet of the game. He plays smart, not conservitive. Unless you call going for it on a 4th and 2, on our side of the field Conservative.

Today, I loved the game. I was very happy with our team, and they looked like they were having fun. It still is a long road, but if there could be a non-playoff important game this year for us, we just won it folks.

Thank you Texans.. Merry Christmas to all.. and to all a good night.

Goldeagle
12-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Great post

Dont forget our new FB, scored, held on to the ball in passes and did great blocking.

Dime
12-24-2006, 08:36 PM
Great post

Dont forget our new FB, scored, held on to the ball in passes and did great blocking.

My bad.. your quite right.

12-24-2006, 08:41 PM
just ONE more... if we beat the browns, we'll finish 6-10, right where i thought we'd be before the season started. this victory against the colts wiped a really nasty taste out of my mouth... forget the draft, i wanna end this season on a high note.

Stampede
12-24-2006, 08:42 PM
And once again the Browns are the door to the offseason. Perhaps fate has decided she was too hard on the Texans. If we win next week....

edo783
12-24-2006, 09:03 PM
I need it for the 'Over' that, Vegas had put a 5.5 wins line for this year. :texan:

Me to.

tex
12-24-2006, 09:28 PM
Great post Dime,thanks I needed that.

devo-x
12-24-2006, 10:46 PM
You forgot Special Teams contribution to today's win (Wynn / Brown) .....