PDA

View Full Version : Kris Brown and the ST

TheIronDuke
12-24-2006, 03:30 PM
I might be off the "get rid of KB bandwagon" now. A couple of long FG's today, including the game winner made me think we should keep him.

As for Chad Stanley, I'm still with cutting him. When you need a booming punt, he's good for 35 yards, when you need a short punt, it'll be 45 yards.

Dexter Wynn did a great job on that long KO return to put us in position to win.

AggieTexan24
12-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Dexter Wynn returning it to the 40 late in the 4th quarter won the game

HJam72
12-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Actually, Stanley is very good at the short stuff, in general. He also gets a lot of hang time and they aren't returned for much. Whether it makes up for the short stuff and the occasional shank is a matter of opinion though.

threetoedpete
12-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Actually, Stanley is very good at the short stuff, in general. He also gets a lot of hang time and they aren't returned for much. Whether it makes up for the short stuff and the occasional shank is a matter of opinion though.

I dunno and I'm not in the loop...what I was wondering by the elevated preformances by some of the players was....ala Mrs Wand...have folks been reading the boards and seen thier nfl lives fixin to transition into something different. Just wondering. Baylor kid has been looking awefull good to me the last several games.

Insideop
12-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Well, I was gonna start another thread about "a total team effort" and some players that have been on a lot of peoples "get rid of lists" stepping up and doing their jobs well today, but I saw your thread and thought I'd put my :twocents: in.

I guess at the top of the list would be Carr. He did everything today he had to do to win. No earth-shaking stats. Just a solid game with no mistakes.

Kris Brown has been under the fans guns since last year, but if you look at his work this year he is alot better, and his game winning field goal today, I think, just solidified his position for next year.

O-line has been inconsistant all year, but today it looked like they put it all together. Don't get me wrong, I still think we need to get a high O-line draft pick, and if Thomas, by some miricle, is still there, I think we need to get him. We just don't have enough depth with that group, and McKinney, Salaam, Flanagan, and Wiegert are all old and injury prone.

Some "fans" and press say we made a mistake taking Mario over "you know who" and "you know who." I know his stats today (3 tac, 2 asst, 1 ff) don't seem too earthshattering, but how many think we would have won the game if he hadn't caused that fumble that was recovered by Weaver? I guess what I'm trying to say is, he is making plays that may seem inconsequential, but they are having an impact on the outcome of the game (The tipped pass at the end of the Miami game also comes to mind.), and I'm glad we got him!

JMHO! :gotexans1 And Merry Christmas!

jerek
12-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Brown's played well of late. Count me as recanting my vote to get rid of him, if he can keep this up consistently.

Runner
12-24-2006, 06:43 PM
Yep, after a rough start he has been kicking them right down the middle. He's recovered his game.

mexican_texan
12-24-2006, 06:45 PM
I'm still on the get rid of KB bandwagon.