PDA

View Full Version : 27-24 better than 19-10?

Cgold
12-24-2006, 03:55 PM
Texans first game against Cowboys??
OR
Beating Colts for the first time after a loooonngggg wait??

sleepwalker
12-24-2006, 03:55 PM
This one.

Texas_Thrill
12-24-2006, 03:56 PM
COWBOYS game hands down but this was special. very very special.

Texan Asylum
12-24-2006, 03:57 PM
This is S-W-E-E-T!!!

Hard to say which, but this one sure does have the makings of being the sweetest!

Thanks for a great game Texans!!!:dance2:

Goldeagle
12-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Cowboys, but this is exciting

SmoochyTX
12-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Cowboys, but this is exciting
What he said. :)

HoustonFan
12-24-2006, 04:00 PM
This win. At least the series w/ the Cowboys is split. This is just lopsided. Congrats Texans. Thanks alot for the win today. And Merry Christmas.

Austrian
12-24-2006, 04:04 PM
To me it's this win!

DenverBorn
12-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Cowboys with Jerry Jones trolling the sidelines. If you were there, you'll never forget it. But today was awesome

MrMeToo
12-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Cowboys.

kbourda
12-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Allow me to quote my favorite singer Sade on this one, "It's never as good as the first time!". But this win is up there! It feels good.

alphajoker
12-24-2006, 04:19 PM
The first ever win in franchise history against the Cowgirls was and always will be special to me but this game is a close second. What a relief to finally get a "W" against the Colts and I'm hoping that this will be the game that gets this team turned around!!! Thanks for the early Christmas present Texans!!! :francis:

Napa Auto Parts
12-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Never

Ryan
12-24-2006, 04:30 PM
Never

what he said.

DocBar
12-24-2006, 04:37 PM
You gotta be kidding. Winning the SB is the only thing that will EVER beat 19-10. i should give negative rep just for insinuating, but it's Christmas. So MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Santa lives in Houston today!!!!

unhappytexanfan
12-24-2006, 04:43 PM
doesn't even compare...Nothing will replace opening night till a super bowl

DatTexBoy
12-24-2006, 05:07 PM
doesn't even compare...Nothing will replace opening night till a super bowl

agreed.

alphajoker
12-24-2006, 05:11 PM
You gotta be kidding. Winning the SB is the only thing that will EVER beat 19-10. i should give negative rep just for insinuating, but it's Christmas. So MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Santa lives in Houston today!!!!

Easy duder!! I just wanted to make a claim that a win like this hasn't felt so good since that opening game back in 2002. Note that I put that this game is a close second...we're all friends here man.

JDizzle
12-24-2006, 07:02 PM
I would say it's a pretty close. Last year we most likely would have lost a game like this. THe 4th quarter was pretty un-nerving for me and I expected us to fold and lose by a FG or a late TD. But, we pulled through and won against one of the best offenses in the NFL and hopefully started turning things around for once. Hopefully we don't get stomped the week after this one like we did after the win against Dallas.

aj.
12-24-2006, 07:03 PM
No. Not even close.

TexanLen
12-24-2006, 07:10 PM
ODALE' VATO!!! this was a good win. Yeah, this has to rank second until we win to clinch a play-off birth, then a play-off win, then win to get to the SB, and then win the SB.

GOOD GAME TEXANS!!!!

jerek
12-24-2006, 07:19 PM
I wasn't here for the Cowboys victory and I didn't start following the Texans closely until I moved back to Houston in 2003. So this game takes the cake in my mind.

Stampede
12-24-2006, 07:21 PM
There was much more optimism attached to 19-10, but thank you Mr. Dayne for the holiday cheer! Go Texans.

aj.
12-24-2006, 07:26 PM
There was five years of pent up emotion (anticipation) from the NFL leaving that was tied to the first game of '02. The stadium was as electric that night as any I've been in. Today was more like a 'please don't screw this up again' feeling for me -- until the FG. Then I threw the sports section that I had torn into bits up into the air.

tex
12-24-2006, 08:20 PM
I loved watching P Manning walk off the field shaking his head.Yea baby.No padding the stats today.

WiiBrawler
12-24-2006, 10:24 PM
I wasn't here for the Cowboys victory and I didn't start following the Texans closely until I moved back to Houston in 2003. So this game takes the cake in my mind.

Yeah Jerek Im sorta the same, I didnt actually like football when they beat the 'boys, so this is tops on my list

Kaiser Toro
12-24-2006, 10:44 PM
The Cowboys game can never be reproduced due to the novelty of our inaugural game. The electricity that night was incredible, but the play on the field was ok at best.

This game was special in so many ways in my opinion:
- We executed a good game plan on both sides of the ball against a very good team.
- We finally beat the Colts.
- We executed a two minute drive after losing the last two home games in similar fashion. This is called learning how to win and very key in the maturation process of a team.
- Contributions to the win came from everywhere on the roster.
- The crowd did not give up on this team.
- My eyes actually watered up watching the Texans celebrate after the game. They earned it and it was great to see.

Congratulations boys, thank you for the early Christmas gift. Today is a good day to be a Texan. :texflag:

rafterticket
12-24-2006, 11:35 PM
The first ever win in franchise history against the Cowgirls was and always will be special to me but this game is a close second. What a relief to finally get a "W" against the Colts and I'm hoping that this will be the game that gets this team turned around!!! Thanks for the early Christmas present Texans!!! :francis:

I know what you are saying, and can see why you would make comparisons. That first game was like watching a lanky, long-legged puppy try to act like a dog. They were all pieced together like four puzzles, and still found a way to get that done. BUT - those Cowboy teams stunk, too.

Today's win is sweet because they took on a superior team that is struggling. Struggling or not, there is NO WAY any sane individual really thought it was going to happen today. That is probably the real comparison.

This is sweetest win #2. Actually, let's not rate them! They are both very sweet in their own way. Today was so sweet, I forgave everything this year, even Jameel Cook, and ESPECIALLY Ron Dayne.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Hervoyel
12-24-2006, 11:47 PM
19-10 needs to take a rest and not come back anytime soon. I'm literally sick to death of the zombie-like need to obsess over a 5 year old win against a Dave Campo coached, Quincy Carter quarterbacked team that was in the process of imploding. As much as people parade that win around you would think it came over the Tom Landry/Roger Staubach/Tony Dorsett era Cowboys and it happened in the Super Bowl.

Per-spec-tive people. It was a fun night but you look sad bringing it up once a week while the Cowboys are on to bigger and better things these days. In case nobody noticed they're going to finish this season no worse than 10-6 and they'll win their division. We're sitting at home talking about whether beating the Colts on our 10th try is more exciting than beating the Cowboys was 5 years ago (during the same season that the Cowboys pasted us 34-6 no less).

skillz24
12-25-2006, 12:23 AM
Yeah Jerek Im sorta the same, I didnt actually like football when they beat the 'boys, so this is tops on my list

i am from canton, ohio and today's win has meant more to me than any other victory in any other year. i have gone to indy to watch us to lose to the colts, to buffalo to lose to the bills(that one really made me sick last year) and 2002 lose to cleveland, but today i loved every second of our game over the colts. :marionaner: it just can't better than today

OrangeCountyTexansFan
12-25-2006, 12:31 AM
Today was better. Dallas is from the same state, but Indy is from our division. We only play Dallas every few years, so the rivalry really can't be built because the NFL is run by idiots. (We should play Dallas every year in the regular season when it matters, but hey what do I know?)
Beating a division rival that we had never beaten made this win so much sweeter to me. We have to play them every year, twice. It was our time.
(Just my two cents.)
:texan:

Indy cannot play in Texas this year!!! :tease:

TheCD
12-25-2006, 12:54 AM
I loved the Dallas game...but this was better...

1. We finally beat the Colts.
2. We executed our gameplan extremely well and finally for once in our entire franchise history...I can't recall a single mistake we made (and not just because of the elation of the win, either).
3. Our o-line played extremely well!!!! (boy, does that feel good saying for once).
4. We won on a last second field goal...against the Colts
5. By the way...did I mention we beat the Colts?

Peyton was so depressed that for once he didn't get to pad his stats for his Hall of Fame resume...what a shame! :yahoo:

rafterticket
12-25-2006, 02:09 AM
19-10 needs to take a rest and not come back anytime soon. I'm literally sick to death of the zombie-like need to obsess over a 5 year old win against a Dave Campo coached, Quincy Carter quarterbacked team that was in the process of imploding. As much as people parade that win around you would think it came over the Tom Landry/Roger Staubach/Tony Dorsett era Cowboys and it happened in the Super Bowl.

Per-spec-tive people. It was a fun night but you look sad bringing it up once a week while the Cowboys are on to bigger and better things these days. In case nobody noticed they're going to finish this season no worse than 10-6 and they'll win their division. We're sitting at home talking about whether beating the Colts on our 10th try is more exciting than beating the Cowboys was 5 years ago (during the same season that the Cowboys pasted us 34-6 no less).

Hey, brother. How about some thing they call tact? I kinda pointed out the bad Cowboys thing in my post.

Let's take today for what it was - sweet, surprising, and well deserved for not just the team, but for the paying customers, too. AND for the ones who watched on TV.

I've been watching sports highlights all night, and thinking about the game today and I cannot stop smiling. This was so much fun. I was jumping around like a mad man after Brown's field goal, and so were other people in my section. There was a game plan today, they stuck with it, and I cannot believe it to say, but I knew they were gonna drive down the field far enough to get in field goal range. This is the first time I ever felt that way about this team, and I think that might have everything to do with the original post and this thread.

LET'S ENJOY THIS! For today, enjoy what this was! Fun, fun, and fun!

Get back to your criticism/negativity next week. Today, this is just so sweet!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! GOD BLESS KRIS BROWN, MR. PITTMAN FOR A GOOD SNAP, RON DAYNE, MR. CARR, MR. TAYLOR, MARIO WILLIAMS, DEMECO RYANS AND THE ENTIRE TEAM.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Hervoyel
12-25-2006, 02:29 AM
Hey, brother. How about some thing they call tact? I kinda pointed out the bad Cowboys thing in my post.

When I started typing my post yours wasn't even on the thread. I imagine we were writing at about the same time. Just because a post appears directly after yours doesn't mean that it has anything to do with what you wrote.

I don't think what I wrote was particularly tactless anyway. The first game of the 2002 season has been mentioned so much it's considered a running gag to visiting fans. They're infinitely amused that we are still dancing around like buffoons over a meaningless win from four years ago. I think many of them believe that the Texans fans with "19-10 TAKE THAT!" as their signature are kind of cute actually.

I enjoyed the game like everybody else but I think it would be easier to "recall it fondly" if someone didn't mention it every single day of every single year since it happened. In the grand scheme of things that win was meaningless. Whatever "promise of things to come" it supposedly represented never did materialize. The true "peek into the future" from that season happened a week later at San Diego when the Chargers sacked David Carr nine times and beat us into the ground with ease. Thankfully we seem to be headed in a better direction now and I think our future is pretty bright. The win today was a lot of fun. Beating the Colts was a monkey off our back and hopefully now that we know how to do it we can do it again.

aj.
12-25-2006, 11:57 AM

Not everyone is obsessing. That's a bit presumptious.

Want per-spec-tive? Opening night '02 was/is still the most exciting victory/experience at Reliant in the team's 5 year history. It was much more than beating Dave Campo's rag tag bunch. It was Opening Night with a national audience on Sunday Night Prime Time after five painful seasons of not having the NFL in my freaking hometown. Nothing has matched the intensity of the crowd that evening in the nearly 5 seasons hence - that's pretty sad - but that's one major reason it keeps coming up. Because it was against the Cowboys and because there were a lot of their fans in the stands that night added the extra zest.

Until there's a playoff clinching victory, or a playoff victory at Reliant - there might be two signature games: Opening Night for sure, and if it stands the test of time and at a far distant second - and purely from a 'maybe they finally turned the corner' perspective - the win yesterday. Lose next week against the Browns and/or revert to losing ways next season and the win yesterday is significant only in terms of us finally getting over on Peyton after five years. It will be the end of '04 all over again - in part. But regardless of what happens next week, the win yesterday showed me that the elements of good coaching and 'team' are there, which is a very good sign for the future.

For more perspective on how I feel about the term "19-10" here's something I said on 09-24-06: http://forums.houstontexans.com/showpost.php?p=449241&postcount=6

And that's my 2 cents.

Vinny
12-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Yesterday gave me some hope. Early in the season I wanted to see us gather some momentum in the second half of the season to lead into next year with something positive to build on. Until yesterday, we really had zero positive momentum at all. Now all of a sudden it looks like we can close out the season with 6 wins off a 2 win season and played many young guys who will only play better next year. It's funny how one game will turn your mental state on the team but heck, it's only a 8 game home season so every game is a message or statement about the team of some sort. I'm just thrilled us fans were sent a positive statement yesterday. I don't think this game compares to 19-10 though....but it did give us some hope.

nunusguy
12-25-2006, 12:23 PM
I've now been here for awhile, but not being from here is the apparent reason I don't have the desperte need of so many local fans to impress and get approval from their perceived "big brother" up north on 45 ? But I don't doubt for a moment that the single most important reason for the intense passion felt by many of that victory in that first game 5 years ago was the Texans opponent.
Yesterdays game victory was awesome, and I only hope that we don't take something away from its significance by having a disappointing performace in the season finale this weekend against the Browns.

The Pencil Neck
12-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Well, the 19-10 win was great. Frankly, we've had so few wins in our team's history that every single one of them is pretty precious.

But yesterday's win was HUGE. It was on my birthday, my mom and sister were in the stadium (their first Texans game), and dammit we beat a GOOD team. We went out there and we performed. We came up with a game plan and we... ugh, I hate to say it... we executed.

19-10 was great... but 27-24 was even better. At least for now.

The Pencil Neck
12-25-2006, 12:37 PM
It's funny how one game will turn your mental state on the team but heck, it's only a 8 game home season so every game is a message or statement about the team of some sort. I'm just thrilled us fans were sent a positive statement yesterday. I don't think this game compares to 19-10 though....but it did give us some hope.

Think about this for a moment:

1. If we beat the Browns, we end up with a 4-4 record at home!

2. If we beat the Browns, we end up 1 game short of tying our best record in team history. (We're already tied with the 2nd best record in team history.)

I'm feeling very positive about next year.

Zac
12-25-2006, 12:56 PM
The problem is that the Dallas Cowboy team wasn't as good as this Colts team.

Did any of you guys and gals even seen Peyton's frustration!!! He was animated, and there was dispair in his eyes as he was seeing the Texans rip a victory against them. And it wasn't a fluke win, the Texans beat the Colts with a game plan. There wasn't a hail mary lunge of a throw. There wasn't a fabulous kick returned. There wasn't a mesmorizing interception return. Heck where was the 300 lbs Defensive end returning a fumble for the TD. NOWHERE!!!!

There was nothing spectacular in the form the Texans won the game.

The Spectacular thing about the game was that the Texans dominated the Colts in the purest sense of Football. They controled the tempo and ended up with the win.

I will say that this win is the most impressive win the Texans have had in their entire history.

The Cowboy win was good, but that Cowboy team was a 5-11 Team. That year the Texans finished the season 4-12. In all fairness that was just warm fuzzy feel good win. A nice win for the city and the fans after years of no NFL in the city.

The Colts win has the potential to turn a franchise around. Because after all, if the Texans realize it, IT CAN BE DONE. THAT IS WINNING IN THE NFL AGAINST THE BEST OF THE BEST.

Let's just hope the Texans don't forget the lessons learned in this game.

After all everything that happened before yesterday was B.C.V (Before the Colt Victory).

hollywood_texan
12-25-2006, 01:09 PM

Excellent post!

I am just amazed how some people get so excited about 2 wins.

They were big wins, but just winning two big games in a 5 year span doesn't make a Franchise.

This is where I get the negative rep. But you guys glowing about these two wins and discussing which is better, sound like a bunch of Aggies that can lose every game of a season and as long as you beat the Longhorns, the season is a success.

I say give it a rest.

This Franchise still hasn't won three in a row in 5 years.

I will say this, they beat Cleveland this weekend to wrap up the season, they definitely head into the offseason on the right note to bring a little excitement that should carry over to the season opener.

South Texan
12-25-2006, 01:11 PM
I gotta go with yesterday's win as being the better one for two reasons.

1. The Colts are no longer invincible.
2. We CAN win a close game in the final seconds.

I can only imagine what is going through the players' heads but I suspect it is all good. I am really anxious to see how they play next week, if it is a convincing win I will take it as the players are starting to believe in themselves. Not to mention that it will triple our win record from last year.

Kudos to Kubiak, I think he has them moving the right direction.

aj.
12-25-2006, 01:19 PM
There were a couple of other wins in our team's history when everyone thought the corner was turned.

One was in Week 9 of the '03 season when the Texans beat the eventual Super Bowl bound 6-1 Carolina Panthers. The Texans improved their record to 3-5 at that point and I recall the banter....

Another was in Week 8 of the '04 season when the Texans beat Jax 20-6 in the famous Battle Red Petey Photo day to go 4-3 on the season. Then they proceeded to lose 5 of their next 6.

Yet another was in Week 16 of that same season when the Texans shut out a playoff bound Jax 21-0 on the road, to go 7-8 and set up what we thought would be our first .500 season. We all know what happened the following week.

Those are some of the reasons, for me at least, that the win yesterday will need to stand the test of time before it's declared as 'big picture' significant. And in terms of time, I'm talking about fast forwarding to a year from now and looking back and saying "yeah, that's when it all started coming together."

Hervoyel
12-25-2006, 01:25 PM
2. We CAN win a close game in the final seconds.

That I can get entirely excited about. A sign of a young, inexperienced team is a consistent inability to win close games. Really bad teams are a relative rarity in the NFL. We've all heard about the narrow gap between the good teams and the bad teams when pure physical talent is added up. The real difference is in the mental part of the game and in the teams psyche. Going from bad to middle of the pack isn't all that hard. Going from the middle of the pack to being consistently good is much more difficult.

It's arguably a harder thing to watch than a team that's truly bad.

When the Texans start winning games on the last play instead of choking them up that's an important step in the right direction.

Blu
12-25-2006, 01:27 PM
For once ppl were giving me props for my Texans...feels good.

This win is special, but not 19-10 special.

:marionaner: :marionaner: :marionaner:

Hervoyel
12-25-2006, 01:31 PM
Not everyone is obsessing. That's a bit presumptious.

Want per-spec-tive? Opening night '02 was/is still the most exciting victory/experience at Reliant in the team's 5 year history. It was much more than beating Dave Campo's rag tag bunch. It was Opening Night with a national audience on Sunday Night Prime Time after five painful seasons of not having the NFL in my freaking hometown. Nothing has matched the intensity of the crowd that evening in the nearly 5 seasons hence - that's pretty sad - but that's one major reason it keeps coming up. Because it was against the Cowboys and because there were a lot of their fans in the stands that night added the extra zest.

Until there's a playoff clinching victory, or a playoff victory at Reliant - there might be two signature games: Opening Night for sure, and if it stands the test of time and at a far distant second - and purely from a 'maybe they finally turned the corner' perspective - the win yesterday. Lose next week against the Browns and/or revert to losing ways next season and the win yesterday is significant only in terms of us finally getting over on Peyton after five years. It will be the end of '04 all over again - in part. But regardless of what happens next week, the win yesterday showed me that the elements of good coaching and 'team' are there, which is a very good sign for the future.

For more perspective on how I feel about the term "19-10" here's something I said on 09-24-06: http://forums.houstontexans.com/showpost.php?p=449241&postcount=6

And that's my 2 cents.

We're just going to have to disagree on this. I'm glad you enjoyed opening night in 2002 and I know I did. How excited I was doesn't change the fact that it was 5 years ago though. The intervening years of nothing accomplished have, in my mind overwhelmed that one night. Even if it had been a Super Bowl win I'd still find it sad that the best game we have to talk about is 5 seasons in the past. In those 5 years I've seen countless Cowboys fans chided for living in the past and often by the same people who cling to 19-10 like it was the most important football game ever played.

I do agree with you completely on the point about this game standing the test of time. Is it a true turning point or just another abberation? I'm very curious to find out myself. I hope it's the former because I don't know how many more seasons watching the later I can stand.

bigcarlos
12-25-2006, 01:31 PM
Beating Dallas:marionaner:

aj.
12-25-2006, 01:38 PM
We're just going to have to disagree on this. I'm glad you enjoyed opening night in 2002 ...

My point - in answer to the question posed by the thread starter - is that (unfortunately*) Opening Night is still the signature win of the franchise -- by far. The fact that it was 5 years ago leads to an entirely different debate*

Hervoyel
12-25-2006, 01:44 PM
No doubt you have a point and I understand it. Maybe it's just me on this one. Maybe the years and the losses have "blurred" my ability to look at 19-10 in an unbiased way. I should probably just stay away from threads that make mention of it.

Texan Asylum
12-25-2006, 01:53 PM
No doubt you have a point and I understand it. Maybe it's just me on this one. Maybe the years and the losses have "blurred" my ability to look at 19-10 in an unbiased way. I should probably just stay away from threads that make mention of it.
I hear ya Herv. Although 19-10 has a soft spot in my heart, it's not quite the rallying call it used to be...especially after 34-6.

Here's to a new era of Texans football!

Go Texans! Let's get a win against the Browns, and finish the 2-0 Christmas Season in STYLE!!!

:fans:

alphajoker
12-25-2006, 02:07 PM
There were a couple of other wins in our team's history when everyone thought the corner was turned.

One was in Week 9 of the '03 season when the Texans beat the eventual Super Bowl bound 6-1 Carolina Panthers. The Texans improved their record to 3-5 at that point and I recall the banter....

Another was in Week 8 of the '04 season when the Texans beat Jax 20-6 in the famous Battle Red Petey Photo day to go 4-3 on the season. Then they proceeded to lose 5 of their next 6.

Yet another was in Week 16 of that same season when the Texans shut out a playoff bound Jax 21-0 on the road, to go 7-8 and set up what we thought would be our first .500 season. We all know what happened the following week.

Those are some of the reasons, for me at least, that the win yesterday will need to stand the test of time before it's declared as 'big picture' significant. And in terms of time, I'm talking about fast forwarding to a year from now and looking back and saying "yeah, that's when it all started coming together."

Yes, I will never forget that game...just like I won't forget 19-10 and 24-27. However, the Texans have the chance to repeat history or beat the Browns next week like we all thought they would in '04 at the end of the season. I was almost certain of a "W" that I put lot's of money on them, instead, that game started the downward spiral into the disastrous '05 season. I believe the Texans know that they have a second chance, and a win next week, should/will give them a huge boost into the '07 season, and hopefully next season we will be saying that this game was when it all started coming together.

aj.
12-25-2006, 02:09 PM
... Although 19-10 has a soft spot in my heart, it's not quite the rallying call it used to be...

One of my arguments is that it never was ... (again, see my previous post from September on that subject).

Signature win, yes. Rallying call, no. There's a difference in this particular case.

carrfan4life08
12-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Ill never forget the cowboy game. i was there. but this game was even a more shocking win then that one. so this game fills better but the first win ill never forget.

Texans Horror
12-25-2006, 04:14 PM
This was a great win. It's a turning point for the team, as much as losing to the Browns two seasons ago was a turn for the worse.

I want to add this post I made in September. I'm sure there are a lot of people doing this now since we won, but I made the prediction back then, and I backed off of it until gameday. I knew they were going to win this one.

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?p=437485&highlight=Colts#post437485

To quote myself:

"I think the Texans' first win against the Colts will come at home on Christmas Eve."

Merry Christmas everyone!

Theoridic
12-25-2006, 09:10 PM
This was absolutely an incredible win but for anyone that was there against Dallas knows that was better. Hell it was better than sex, beer, and any other substance you can think of.

Now for the peolpe who say it was five years ago against a DAVE CAMPO TEAM. Look who we were. Capers and Casserly team so don't give me any of that it wasnt a good team we beat. Hell we should have gone 0-16 that year, but our young team brought us a super bowl that night since we won't see the playoffs for another year or two ( six or seven seasons into it )

Not to take away anything from yesterday it was amazing and unfortunately I wasn't there but even my father (who was there for both) said that it couldn't compare to the excitement of that fisrt victory especially over the Cowboys

TPIMP
12-26-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm really amazed at how many people are declaring the win this week "the turning point" and "the most important win in franchise history". Talk about overreaction. In the grand scheme of things this is still the same team that has lost 10 games, lost to the Titans twice and looked like they didn't belong on the same field as the Patriots last week. The only thing consistent about this team is its inconsistency. That's to be expected. It's a young team with marginal talent. They played a near perfect game against a struggling Colts team. And the Colts are struggling with injuries on defense. They lost their last 4 road games. The Colts have the worst rush defense in the league. Look for the Colts to make a first round playoff exit. Enjoy the win, but please don't talk about turning points and playoffs.

To address the thread question: Winning the first game in franchise history is still the Texans biggest win. It was nice that it was the Cowboys but that is not why it is the biggest win, it's because it was the first game the Texans ever played and they won. Expansion franchises almost never win their first game. No one gave the Texans a chance. It's the only time we've won on national television and the atmosphere in the stadium was electric. In that game the Texans didn't win with a last second field goal, they won convincingly.

alphajoker
12-26-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm really amazed at how many people are declaring the win this week "the turning point" and "the most important win in franchise history". Talk about overreaction. In the grand scheme of things this is still the same team that has lost 10 games, lost to the Titans twice and looked like they didn't belong on the same field as the Patriots last week. The only thing consistent about this team is its inconsistency. That's to be expected. It's a young team with marginal talent. They played a near perfect game against a struggling Colts team. And the Colts are struggling with injuries on defense. They lost their last 4 road games. The Colts have the worst rush defense in the league. Look for the Colts to make a first round playoff exit. Enjoy the win, but please don't talk about turning points and playoffs.

To address the thread question: Winning the first game in franchise history is still the Texans biggest win. It was nice that it was the Cowboys but that is not why it is the biggest win, it's because it was the first game the Texans ever played and they won. Expansion franchises almost never win their first game. No one gave the Texans a chance. It's the only time we've won on national television and the atmosphere in the stadium was electric. In that game the Texans didn't win with a last second field goal, they won convincingly.

Huh? :confused:

t_flare
12-26-2006, 11:58 AM
cowboys loseing to the expansion Texans... no game will get as close

Texan_Bill
12-26-2006, 12:01 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being awesome!)

v. Cowgurls = 10..... a) because its the cowgurls b) first game in franchise history - on a national stage.

v. Dolts = 9.9..... a) great to get the proverbial monkey off our back and because I really don't like Manning.

Battle Red Flash
12-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Texans first game against Cowboys??
OR
Beating Colts for the first time after a loooonngggg wait??

19-10 still my favorite. :yahoo:

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
12-26-2006, 06:59 PM
What a sorry franchise when your "Big Games" are five years apart - pathetic!