PDA

View Full Version : Great Dayne...

stingray
12-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Ron Dayne was the deciding factor in this game. He looked unstopable. And this is several games in a row he's ran well. I think he can be the man. But he has to be the main back. He has never been that good cause he's always been the 2nd or 3rd string back and sharing carries. I don't know, but we might have a decent back.

Ryan
12-24-2006, 03:49 PM
he will have someone to share carries with next year whether it be a rookie, DD, or chris taylor.

threetoedpete
12-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Ron Dayne was the deciding factor in this game. He looked unstopable. And this is several games in a row he's ran well. I think he can be the man. But he has to be the main back. He has never been that good cause he's always been the 2nd or 3rd string back and sharing carries. I don't know, but we might have a decent back.

No we ran into a weaken d-line. A d-line our novices could man handle. Nothing more. With out an o-line, Mr. Dayne becomes very ordinary very quickly.

sleepwalker
12-24-2006, 03:52 PM
An excellent game!!! Man boobs Dayne carried us to victory.

Wolf
12-24-2006, 03:52 PM
No we ran into a weaken d-line. A d-line our novices could man handle. Nothing more. With out an o-line, Mr. Dayne becomes very ordinary very quickly.

I agree with that. a win is a win, but Dayne is still not the answer IMO

stingray
12-24-2006, 03:53 PM

He had 86 yards against the Patriots last week. And that's with Carr doing nothing. Hey, i'm not saying he's the next Earl Campbell, But I think if given the chance to be the main back, he can produce.

Dime
12-24-2006, 03:55 PM

I disagree...

Dayne has been running hard the last 4 weeks... you have to admit that.

HJam72
12-24-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm with Dayne on this one. Our O-line blocked well for him some of the time and other times he took hits at the line and kept going forward. He can start. He just needs breathers. We can thank Dayne, V. Leach, and our front 7 on D for this win--in that order.

And, yes, Dayne has been running hard for about a month now. Gotta give 'im credit.

Chance_C
12-24-2006, 04:11 PM
We can thank Dayne, V. Leach, and our front 7 on D for this win--in that order

Yeah, let's don't forget about Leach. He has made a nice impact.

Texan Asylum
12-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Yeah, let's don't forget about Leach. He has made a nice impact.
Let's not forget about David's run from the Shotgun for 12 yards!!!

dtran04
12-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Turns out that strip by Mario is probably the difference in the game. We really needed that extra possession.

alphajoker
12-24-2006, 04:24 PM
I think the Texans running game started kicking into high gear when Vonta Leach took over for Cook. He's been playing solid and doesn't turn the ball over in crunch time situations.

HJam72
12-24-2006, 04:44 PM
Turns out that strip by Mario is probably the difference in the game. We really needed that extra possession.

Good point. The D needs to get some of this credit today too. Once again, if it weren't for a few bad plays by a safety or two, the D would have been stellar, considering the offense they went up against I mean. I still say we need a veteran FS and a stud CB.