PDA

View Full Version : Colts can improve playoff position with win over Texans

Wolf
12-23-2006, 04:42 PM
HOUSTON - Indianapolis and Houston will be playing for two very different things when the AFC South teams meet Sunday.

The Colts will get a first-round bye in the playoffs with a win and a Baltimore loss. The Texans? They say beating Indianapolis for the first time would take some sting out of yet another disappointing season. The Colts (11-3) have won all nine meetings.

Though Houston's passing game has sputtered lately, Dungy knows not to underestimate Texans receiver Andre Johnson. Johnson has 1,087 yards receiving this season, but has yet to have a big game against the Colts.

"He is one of my favorite players in the league," Dungy said. "What we have to do is try to not let him go wild. If he's able to catch the deep balls and have a big 140- or 150-yard day that's really going to hurt us. So we're really going to have to try to keep him under control as we try to defend their running game."

While a veteran is making a comeback in Houston, the Colts have rookie Joseph Addai leading their running game. Addai rolled his right ankle Monday night and is listed as questionable.

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/16307290.htm

ryansisgod
12-23-2006, 04:46 PM
yeah it might take some sting out. im sure we are all ready to let this season finish and look forward to next year.

i hope williams has a good day against peyton and the indy oline he needs it.

Minotaur
12-23-2006, 05:00 PM
The Texans should crown their buts!! :bowser:

texan767
12-24-2006, 08:12 AM
"If he's able to catch the deep balls and have a big 140- or 150-yard day that's really going to hurt us."

And what are these "deep balls" he speaks of?

A Texan
12-24-2006, 08:54 AM
"If he's able to catch the deep balls and have a big 140- or 150-yard day that's really going to hurt us."

And what are these "deep balls" he speaks of?

I think you said what we're all thinking.:pigfly:

mike moffat
12-24-2006, 10:09 AM
yeah it might take some sting out. im sure we are all ready to let this season finish and look forward to next year.

i hope williams has a good day against peyton and the indy oline he needs it.

It could happen. I would love to see it. The Texans need that shot in the arm.:aikido: