PDA

View Full Version : Rookie on a mission

Wolf
12-22-2006, 07:31 PM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006612220429

Ryans' transition has been a lot smoother, even though he switched positions. An outside linebacker in college, he has proven he has the size (6-4, 236), strength and speed to play middle.
Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher, who knows a thing or two about defense from his days as a safety with the Chicago Bears, says Ryans has all the tools.
"If you get a 10-point checklist of a linebacker, he could probably check them all off," Fisher said. "He possesses all of those qualities."
Kubiak can check middle linebacker off his need-to-improve list for next season.
"The kid's been really something," he said. "He gives us a future to build the defense around.
"What he stands for and what he's done as a first-year player with this football team, I've never seen it done and I've been around some pretty good football teams."

MrMeToo
12-22-2006, 07:34 PM
Ryans=DROY

txhoosier
12-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Ryans got robbed on the Pro Bowl voting, IMO. He's been nothing more than exciting to watch play this season.

The Texans are building a very talented defense. In the next year or two, coming into Houston will be difficult for most teams, and as long as the right moves are made this offseason to address the offensive side of the ball...The AFC South will be the toughest division in football.

Goldeagle
12-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Ryans got robbed on the Pro Bowl voting, IMO. He's been nothing more than exciting to watch play this season.

The Texans are building a very talented defense. In the next year or two, coming into Houston will be difficult for most teams, and as long as the right moves are made this offseason to address the offensive side of the ball...The AFC South will be the toughest division in football.

When he got passed over for the Pro Bowl, the mods probably had to delete my post.

SAMURAITEXAN
12-22-2006, 09:12 PM
DeMeco should get DROY! He did indeed got robbed on Pro Bowl but, at least he is getting a lot more attention from media lately which definitely push him closer to DROY. I said this before in other thread but I say this again, if DeMeco continue to play like he did through out season and doesn't get DROY, there's something seriously wrong in the NFL.

Go DeMeco!!

Roughnecks
12-22-2006, 11:33 PM
He's a stud at lb plain and simple and should have gone to the Pro Bowl. What is funny and off topic is on the Madden game I moved him to MLB and he was rated like 67 but plays the same way he does on the Sundays all over the place sideline to sideline more sacks though and leads the league in tackles. At lease he made the Pro Bowl for my team I am sure he will be glad to hear that.J/K

infantrycak
12-23-2006, 12:20 AM
Wait--don't we need to move him back to his "natural" position? Seriously, he is too small and too slow to play MLB. All the draft guys had him as a WLB--surely he can't really play there.

[sarcasm overload alert]--this message will self destruct when folks stop making the above statements seriously.

Texan_Bill
12-23-2006, 01:21 PM
Ryans = too small to play MLB :rolleyes:

I think the same thing was said about Sam Mills and Zach Thomas...