PDA

View Full Version : Freeney on Carr: 'He's my boy.'

Texans_Chick
12-21-2006, 11:43 PM
Link (http://texans.aolsportsblog.com/2006/12/21/help-david-carr-dwight-freeney-says-hes-my-boy/)

After he says that, he kinda crawdaddies some and says he is improving and is tough.

ATX
12-21-2006, 11:46 PM
Of course he's his boy.....Dc gave him all those sack numbers he's had the past few years.

phantom17
12-21-2006, 11:54 PM
Of course he's his boy.....Dc gave him all those sack numbers he's had the past few years.

I know that D.F. is a big CARR supporter to stay in Houston! When he gets inducted to the HOF, he will mention Carr as the one who helped him get there.....then D.F. will start to get all choked up! Afterwards, after he composes himself, he will mention his mom, former teammates, & friends,etc..:)

Runner
12-22-2006, 12:12 AM
So, is there any way we make him eat these words?

Grid
12-22-2006, 12:16 AM

Only if ya print them out and tape them to the front of Carr's jersey.

BattleRedToro
12-22-2006, 12:16 AM

Yes. Run Ron Dayne at him All Game Long! You got that, Kubiak? All Game Long!

kcwilson
12-22-2006, 12:17 AM

Winner.

Drager
12-22-2006, 12:23 AM
"So, is there any way we make him eat these words?"

Only if we win & hold him to zero in the sack dept. I'd really like to see that happen, but I know it may be asking way too much.

BattleRedToro
12-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Link (http://texans.aolsportsblog.com/2006/12/21/help-david-carr-dwight-freeney-says-hes-my-boy/)

After he says that, he kinda crawdaddies some and says he is improving and is tough.

Texans-Chick, I would only like to give you a mild rebuttal, if that was your article.

It is about this part: "Yeah, David Carr might be a good quarterback behind a good line with a good running game added to the good receivers they already have, but ultimately most teams don't have the luxury of perfection in all the players surrounding the quarterback. An QB has to be able to make plays in less than ideal circumstances sometimes."

Maybe it is just semantics, but I felt you implied here that perfection for an offense consists of the summation of a good line, running game, quarterback, and recievers. My rebuttal is this. Perfection for an offense would consist of the summation of a great line, running game, quarterback, and recievers. I agree that a quarterback has to be able to make plays in less than ideal circumstances sometimes, but one shouldn't understate how far from ideal the circumstances are that the Texans quarterback has consistently been asked to perform under. I feel like many of David Carr's fiercest critics continue to make light of these said circumstances. Despite any and all of David Carr's faults as a player I am most impressed with his toughness and resiliency. I am costantly amazed to see him continue to get back up after another unblocked defender pummels him to the ground. It is hard to believe that he hasn't had concussion problems or any other major injuries. When critics fail to acknowledge the consitently deplorable condition of the Texans's Offensive Line and all that that entails it leads me to the conclusion that these critics are ignorant about football. Any person that truly understands the game of football will tell you that there is one fundamental aspect about football that hasn't changed since the game began, and I'm talking about even from before the advent of the forward pass. The fundamental rule of football is that lineplay is what determines the outcome of almost every game, with the rare exception of untimely turnovers trumping that occasionally. If it is that simple, then why doesn't every team load up with Offensive and Defensive Linemen with every pick of the First and Second Rounds of the NFL Draft each year, one might ask. The answer is that the NFL is a business. Specifically, a business that must depend on the interests of ignorant casual fans. To peek the interests of these fans teams must make a splash with flashy players like Reggie Bush, among others. If the NFL owners profitabilty was determined by winning championships alone the NFL draft would look vastly different and I believe be more indicative of an approach to actually building great teams, and it would all start with the Linemen, where it should.

Second Honeymoon
12-22-2006, 01:04 AM
If I was Carr and I read this garbage, I'd be out of my mind. I don't care who you are, you don't kick a man when he is down.

The football gods may have something to say about this on Sunday...I can see it now...Freeney blows out anterior cruciate...

Freeney had been flatlining all season long and he has a big game v. the Bengals and thinks he is cat's meow and starts talking smack....no class

Vinny
12-22-2006, 01:33 AM
When Carr's option was signed, the Texans pledged to get him more help. I won't say they lied, but maybe they had their fingers crossed or something.:rofl:

ATX
12-22-2006, 02:01 AM
I know that D.F. is a big CARR supporter to stay in Houston! When he gets inducted to the HOF, he will mention Carr as the one who helped him get there.....then D.F. will start to get all choked up! Afterwards, after he composes himself, he will mention his mom, former teammates, & friends,etc..:)

He'll probably invite David to be his guest at the ceremony too. I can see Carr now in his speech.....

"I know most of you have no clue who I am.....most of you know me as the guy who got sacked more than anybody in the history of the league, a bust maybe (crowd laughs)...and that's all true, but...but...(starts choking up) i'm just proud that I helped this guy get to the hall of fame, it's all I got "
(DF and DC hug)

Second Honeymoon
12-22-2006, 02:10 AM
He'll probably invite David to be his guest at the ceremony too. I can see Carr now in his speech.....

"I know most of you have no clue who I am.....most of you know me as the guy who got sacked more than anybody in the history of the league, a bust maybe (crowd laughs)...and that's all true, but...but...(starts choking up) i'm just proud that I helped this guy get to the hall of fame, it's all I got "
(DF and DC hug)

dude, that is freakin hilarious

'a bust? maybe (crowd laughs)'....that is hilarious stuff..top shelf

ATX
12-22-2006, 02:15 AM
dude, that is freakin hilarious

'a bust? maybe (crowd laughs)'....that is hilarious stuff..top shelf

It's late, I'm bored....what else is there to do?

eriadoc
12-22-2006, 10:08 AM
But a down season? He disagrees. Statistically, yes, and in the minds of those who haven't watched him game after game, play after play. If ESPN documents the biggest disappointments of the 2006 NFL season, Freeney expects to be prominently mentioned.
"I'll be there," he said. "They'll say, 'Two-and-a-half sacks (prior to the Bengals game). That's it.' They don't tell the whole truth that, 'By the way, Dwight has the most pressures in the league and quarterback hits in the league.' "

Show this to the anti-Mario camp and Freeney's a total bust this year.

Heywood
12-22-2006, 10:37 AM

wow- amazingly fresh smack!

kingh99
12-22-2006, 11:01 AM

No. DC is Freeney sack meat. He doesn't use the interior pocket for protection. A little tasmanian devil like Freeney pins back his ears against dummies like Carr who run backwards right into their edge.

L33Z71
12-22-2006, 04:46 PM

Funniest thing I've read all year. Unfortunately its true too.

Goldeagle
12-22-2006, 05:51 PM

Pitts shut him down one year

thunderkyss
12-22-2006, 06:05 PM
he didn't do much this past September when we played them did he??

Runner
12-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Pitts shut him down one year

Pitts and Brown did - I don't think the Texans are double teaming like that this year.

he didn't do much this past September when we played them did he??

He hasn't done much all year until last week. Maybe he's peaking.

thunderkyss
12-22-2006, 10:39 PM
Pitts and Brown did - I don't think the Texans are double teaming like that this year.

He hasn't done much all year until last week. Maybe he's peaking.

He wass healthy for the first three games..... got hurt against Philly I believe.... he's only been back to healthy... two, maybe three weeks??

Roughnecks
12-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Well if they want to change giving him 3 or 4 sacks a game they better go to a 2 or 3 step drop because we do not have Spencer to take care of him and Salaam well enough said.

Texans_Chick
12-22-2006, 11:49 PM
If this quote ain't on the bulletin board, there is no point in having one.

Roughnecks
12-22-2006, 11:51 PM
Well said and love the pic.

Seeing Red
12-23-2006, 12:29 AM

He WILL eat those words one day. The Colts will not dominate the AFC South forever and they will be at the bottom of the division at some point. Yes he is good, maybe great ..... but I can't wait till the Colts feel (once again) what its like to be average. And thats exactly what they were about five years ago. Enjoy it while you can Freeney, because I will remember that when you're making excuses down the road.

Second Honeymoon
12-23-2006, 01:59 AM
He WILL eat those words one day. The Colts will not dominate the AFC South forever and they will be at the bottom of the division at some point. Yes he is good, maybe great ..... but I can't wait till the Colts feel (once again) what its like to be average. And thats exactly what they were about five years ago. Enjoy it while you can Freeney, because I will remember that when you're making excuses down the road.

Freeney might not even be on the Colts next year...free agent

mexican_texan
12-23-2006, 02:12 AM
If Freeney goes back to the Colts...it will seal their fate. They need to spend money getting role players on defense rather than a few scattered stars and some fillers.

Kaiser Toro
12-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Not much to argue here, nor is there much the Texans or Carr have done against the Colts.

The Colts defense has given up the second least passing yards per game yet their opponents complete 65.2% of their passes against them, second worst in the league. David could have a big game - 70% completion and 179 yards sounds about right.

BattleRedToro
12-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Eat Crow, Dwight Freeney!