PDA

View Full Version : 3500th post, A.K.A. a season of reflection

swtbound07
12-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Greetings friends and family on this Texans Board. As is my habit to do, I am taking this meaningless numerical milestone and using it as a springboard to put my thoughts to paper.

My friends, we stand at a crossroads. We are mired in the present, ever hopefull and longing towards the future, and staring wistfully into the past.

To cover the latter first:
"Of all the words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, what might have been"

This is especially true of our franchise. We can go to nfl.com/draft to our hearts content and wish that this or that had happened, or that we all magically possessed foresight...or that those of us who did had been acknowledged and followed. Well if if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a jolly fine christmas. I think that its good to have a healthy basis in reality and realize that not every decision our franchise makes is perfect or unquestionable, but also to realize that we are all human, and all make bad decisions. Lets lighten up a bit guys, and focus on the positives in our 5 year franchise history. Living mired in the negativity of fallen seasons will not be good for any of us.

To the present.
We have football this christmas eve. We didn't have that in 1999. This is by general consensus a good thing. We are the current day 1970's tampa bay buccaneers. Take heart, they eventually made a super bowl. Lets take the end of this season and the rest of this offseason one step at a time...left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot.

To the future.
Its murky to be sure. We will probably go a bit further backwards before we go forward. Somebody is going to pull the strings and make our decisions for the franchise, and they will work, or not, but we will keep cheering. This is our passion. This is our team.

Happy holidays, and a safe and productive new year to all of you. Thank you for taking the time to make this board what it is. To all the friends I feel I've made on this board, Diego, Chris, Andrew, Bob, Will, Vinny, Khari, Stan, and the others who's names i cannot recall at this current moment because im hungry and sleepy, a special thank you. You make all of the arguing worth it.

Thanks all,
Swtbound07

mexican_texan
12-21-2006, 08:29 PM
These boards ain't the same without ya.

Texan Asylum
12-21-2006, 09:29 PM
I am honored that I am mentioned as a friend. You are one I can call 'friend' as well. God Bless you Ben.

Onwards to 4000, and 7 footballs! :aikido:

Second Honeymoon
12-22-2006, 01:48 AM
grats on 3500

Texas_Thrill
12-22-2006, 01:19 PM
In the fire over S. Taylor man. Congrads on 3500.

ghostlight
12-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Great 3500! I read more than post and your entries are always read.
Thanks for your input:stirpot: as it always brings replies that require thought.:yes: