PDA

View Full Version : For Christmas, what if David gave you....

thunderkyss
12-21-2006, 07:46 PM
...... a convincing win against Indy??

I'm saying David won the game... He attacks the Colt secondary...... he throws for 2 TDs, and runs one in..... he get's out of the pocket, and makes plays.

Sure, an occasional jump ball that AJ has to bring down.... a strategically placed ball, that requires our revier to elevate...... twist his body... dive..

the running game is adequate... nothing over 20 yards.... the defense keeps us in the game..... Texans win 27-24.....

would we change our minds?? forget Plummer.. beg David to come back??

Will we welcome the idea of David returning as our starting QB?? Will we be satisfied if our coaches don't bring in a new QB for '07??

Texans Pride
12-21-2006, 07:51 PM
No, I think what's done is done, one game isn't going to jump start his career here, at least for me anyway.

I would be very happy, and very proud, but that wouldn't keep Carr here for me.

Second Honeymoon
12-21-2006, 08:03 PM
If Carr came out and played like a real NFL QB in the Colts and the Browns game, I would be willing to give him another chance. He doesnt even have to necesarrily beat the Colts. If I see everything I havent seen in the past 5 years, I would be down with him coming back to compete for the starting QB job. It's in our best interest for him to work out, contrary to popular belief I dont have an agenda against Carr. I just have an agenda against losing over and over and not making a change.

I would love nothing better than for Carr to prove me and a lot of us wrong. Trust me. Just dont hold your breath on it happening....

hollywood_texan
12-21-2006, 08:18 PM

I'm saying David won the game... He attacks the Colt secondary...... he throws for 2 TDs, and runs one in..... he get's out of the pocket, and makes plays.

Sure, an occasional jump ball that AJ has to bring down.... a strategically placed ball, that requires our revier to elevate...... twist his body... dive..

the running game is adequate... nothing over 20 yards.... the defense keeps us in the game..... Texans win 27-24.....

Will we welcome the idea of David returning as our starting QB?? Will we be satisfied if our coaches don't bring in a new QB for '07??

It just doesn't seem possible what you are describing. It would be something similar to a Freshman college student not going to Chemistry class all semester and he thinks he can cram the night before the final exam to just pass the class.

Carr would have to have two amazing back-to-back games for me to consider him for next year. As stated earlier, it's in the best interest of the fans and the organization for Carr to succeed as a Texan. But, I just don't see how he turns this thing around in such a short period of time considering all the time he has had.

This is just a tought situation for Carr. If he peforms very poorly these next two games and the Texans find some way to unload him, the next team will not have that much invested in him. So, if Carr lands a starting position somewhere under that scenario, he probably would have about 8 to 10 games to prove himself or he will just be a backup because the dollars won't be there to require him to be the starter.

Tough situation for all parties involved.

ATX
12-21-2006, 08:34 PM
That would be something crazy to see no doubt. I'd call it a fluke, even if he did it two times in a row.

Whatever we do.....I think we should consider drafting a QB in round 2 or 3....that way if we keep Carr, he'll have someone named "soon to replace Carr" pushing him and if we get rid of Carr, our new QB can sit and learn for a year.

Honoring Earl 34
12-21-2006, 08:35 PM

Double or nothing ?

mexican_texan
12-21-2006, 08:42 PM
Uh...it would make up for the last few games. The Colts and the Browns are without their top corners and I would still be surprised if Carr in any way lit them up.

thunderkyss
12-21-2006, 08:43 PM
If Carr came out and played like a real NFL QB in the Colts and the Browns game, I would be willing to give him another chance. He doesnt even have to necesarrily beat the Colts. If I see everything I havent seen in the past 5 years, I would be down with him coming back to compete for the starting QB job. It's in our best interest for him to work out, contrary to popular belief I dont have an agenda against Carr. I just have an agenda against losing over and over and not making a change.

I would love nothing better than for Carr to prove me and a lot of us wrong. Trust me. Just dont hold your breath on it happening....

Best Post Ever

coming from you, I think certain folks on this board will have to change everything they believe about "Carr Hater"

thunderkyss
12-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Double or nothing ?

LOL.......

no, I'm going to leave you alone for a little while.

I know when I'm out of my league.

Honoring Earl 34
12-21-2006, 08:48 PM

I think that sums it up for everyone who's ever been down on Carr .

ATX
12-21-2006, 08:49 PM
I was just thinking that Carr playing 2 great games would make him better trade bait...My opinion of course, but I think it would raise his stock somewhat if we decided to go that route.

thunderkyss
12-21-2006, 08:50 PM
I know it's early in his career...... but in the last 4 years, you could almost count on David to have two great games....... he's due.

K.D.
12-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Yo kyss, that scenario sounds great but like that guy said, don't hold your breath. David last two games are in his hands as in if he wants to be here or not. I really just want to see how he performs, he knows that everyone is saying he is done in H-town and I just want to see if he is going to play like he is ready to go or he is going to play like he still belongs here. I wish the guy all the success but it's time to put up or shut up.

Kaiser Toro
12-21-2006, 08:56 PM
I would like for him to play well the last two games. His value would be the highest it has been all year.

I just can't see the logic in bringing in a rookie QB and have him watch all of Carr's bad habits in a scaled back playbook. It would be best if he learned from Sage and Van Pelt executing and explaining Kubiak's playbook.

Honoring Earl 34
12-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Scaled back playbook ... have we always had 5 plays or does he have hysterical blindness from all the sacks ?

MrMeToo
12-21-2006, 09:24 PM
No, I think what's done is done, one game isn't going to jump start his career here, at least for me anyway.

I would be very happy, and very proud, but that wouldn't keep Carr here for me.

I agree.

Andrew6
12-21-2006, 09:25 PM
well for Carr to do that he'll have to go Deep with the ball and actually make contact w/ one of his 2 probowl receivers. kinda come out and do the colts what the bills did to us in the first 5 minutes. yeah... its all a pipe dream we'll wake up monday morning and go damn he did it to us again. fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-21-2006, 09:26 PM
It would be an aberration and he would still be playing on borrowed time.

Kaiser Toro
12-21-2006, 09:26 PM
There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, it's probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. It fool me. We can't get fooled again."

TexansFanatic
12-21-2006, 10:02 PM
The nightmare scenario is Carr managing to convince ownership, management, and coaches that he's worth giving another year....

It's time to move on!

JDizzle
12-21-2006, 10:03 PM
The best gift Carr could give me right now is to ask to be traded after our season is up. McNair will probably not budge easily and David asking would make things much easier. Either that or he can give me one of his game checks, which would be pretty sweet too.

Toro
12-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Too little, too late.

ATX
12-21-2006, 11:27 PM
What if he threw for say 9-10 TDs and 800 yards of passing these next 2 games?

I think personally I'd **** a brick and wonder why the hell he hasn't been doing that the whole time.

Nighthawk
12-22-2006, 12:22 AM

Are you nuts? No way. When hell freezes over.

Second Honeymoon
12-22-2006, 12:31 AM
Best Post Ever

coming from you, I think certain folks on this board will have to change everything they believe about "Carr Hater"

I just want to win. I tried to put on a happy face before the season started. I was being positive. I am just sick of having to try and find people to go to the games with me because the Texans are so pitiful. When the Texans first started mny friends were lining up for miles to go to the games...even preseason.

now I am trying to unload tickets for half their face value just because I would rather do just about anything than go see the Texans lose again.

I am not an ahole. I know its hard to believe, but I am not. I am just at my wit's end on the direction this team is going. If they show anything, I am always the first to praise. But when they continue to show me (and everyone in the nation) bad football I may be the first to criticize.

Merry Christmas to everyone

p.s. someone buy my tickets. they are on the psl forum. i will negotiate. geez, ill go to the game with ya if you dont want all 4. imagine sitting next to an infamous Carr hater and making him eat crow when Carr has his 5TD coming out party against Peyton :) WILL BARTER TOO (gift certificates, free food, etc.)

A Texan
12-22-2006, 12:37 AM
I know I don't want to see Carr try to do some of that stuff in that scenario because I know what will happen. Better if he just sticks to handing off and his little short passing game than do like last week when he tried to do what he couldn't.

Texanfan4ever
12-22-2006, 01:18 AM
I just want to win. I tried to put on a happy face before the season started. I was being positive. I am just sick of having to try and find people to go to the games with me because the Texans are so pitiful. When the Texans first started mny friends were lining up for miles to go to the games...even preseason.

now I am trying to unload tickets for half their face value just because I would rather do just about anything than go see the Texans lose again.

I am not an ahole. I know its hard to believe, but I am not. I am just at my wit's end on the direction this team is going. If they show anything, I am always the first to praise. But when they continue to show me (and everyone in the nation) bad football I may be the first to criticize.

Merry Christmas to everyone

p.s. someone buy my tickets. they are on the psl forum. i will negotiate. geez, ill go to the game with ya if you dont want all 4. imagine sitting next to an infamous Carr hater and making him eat crow when Carr has his 5TD coming out party against Peyton :) WILL BARTER TOO (gift certificates, free food, etc.)

Doug, I am proud of you. I think the Christmas spirit is getting to you. I'm still not going to sit with you though, JUST IN CASE it all goes south for DC.

LOL

Bottom line, we all want the same thing. We just go about it differently.

But hey, let's go cheer these guys on. Please don't boo. For those of us there, let's be loud and proud. It can only help after all of the negativity.

Second Honeymoon
12-22-2006, 01:28 AM
Doug, I am proud of you. I think the Christmas spirit is getting to you. I'm still not going to sit with you though, JUST IN CASE it all goes south for DC.

LOL

Bottom line, we all want the same thing. We just go about it differently.

But hey, let's go cheer these guys on. Please don't boo. For those of us there, let's be loud and proud. It can only help after all of the negativity.

All fans want the same thing. A team they can believe in. Remember how the Oilers would make you believe and then rip your heart out...

As sad as it sounds, I yearn for those days to come back. I would rather believe in something only to have it all come crashing down around me than to support a product that has given me no reason to believe in it. make sense? its late....

ATX
12-22-2006, 02:20 AM
All fans want the same thing. A team they can believe in. Remember how the Oilers would make you believe and then rip your heart out...

As sad as it sounds, I yearn for those days to come back. I would rather believe in something only to have it all come crashing down around me than to support a product that has given me no reason to believe in it. make sense? its late....

I've never been the same after "the game", but hey atleast they got to a game that meant something. That's what I want, I'm just tired of giving up on the season after a few games. 5 years now.....not one true significant game, like a must win to stay in the playoff hunt or a game that meant something in December.

Second Honeymoon
12-22-2006, 02:27 AM
I've never been the same after "the game", but hey atleast they got to a game that meant something. That's what I want, I'm just tired of giving up on the season after a few games. 5 years now.....not one true significant game, like a must win to stay in the playoff hunt or a game that meant something in December.

Montana and Kerry Cash ripping my heart out in the Astrodome was 'The Game' to me more than 'The Choke' 35-3 disaster. Seeing Cash throw that ball at the fan's sign with Buddy's face was a bodyblow to my kibbles and bits....

Oh man, dont get me started on Buddy. That man could coach and get a player fired up. That was the greatest year of Oilers football for me personally. Especially after the offense came out of preseason totally sucking and we started 1-3...then 12 straight wins and one asswhoopin of those 49ers...oh man it was a season of great December football...until Joe came to town

ATX
12-22-2006, 02:29 AM
Remember when Ryan punched Gilbride......that guy would have Carr crying on the sideline if he were here.

That year was so promising too, we had a bye didn't we? I think our only bye in that stretch and we lose at home. Yeah that was a killer.

Second Honeymoon
12-22-2006, 02:34 AM
Remember when Ryan punched Gilbride......that guy would have Carr crying on the sideline if he were here.

That year was so promising too, we had a bye didn't we? I think our only bye in that stretch and we lose at home. Yeah that was a killer.

Oh Buddy was a cantankerous (sic) old fart but he brought all of us the greatest defense in Oiler's history. That Monday Night Football game where the Oilers just humiliated the Steelers was incredible. I had never had so much fun at a football game in my life.