PDA

View Full Version : DROY Kudos on NFL Today Hot Topic

Texan Asylum
12-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before. Please forgive the repeat if it has.

Some good things said about DeMeco by Shannon Sharpe on CBS.

Also listen to who they compare Maurice Jones-Drew, to. Wonder if there is anyway we can get him from the Jags...:secret:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=udRK9qz2GUk

TEXANS84
12-20-2006, 11:56 PM
Seriously, AJ Hawk for DROY? Thats the first I've heard that name thrown around.

He got the big negative from Shannon and Marino after that.

Sarg01
12-21-2006, 09:51 AM
If you disdain the Texans and by extension DeMeco, then Mark Anderson and AJ Hawk are the clear #2 and #3 in the DROY race. They're just pretty far back. As Anderson is a situational player, its no surprise to hear people on the Hawk bandwagon. All it takes is to pretend Ryans doesn't exist - at that point it becomes a "fair" argument.

bckey
12-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Come on Dan. You just showed us you are still on the hype Reggie Bush bandwagon. No way he should be offensive roy. Shannon Sharpe gave the 2 picks I would say are most deserving. Maurice Jones Drew and DeMeco Ryans.

Silver Oak
12-21-2006, 12:16 PM
He called Jones-Drew "baby Earl". :)

Off topic....why is Jones-Drew a hyphen? Don't think I've seen too many men with hyphenated names. Pick one or the other...Jones or Drew!

ATX
12-21-2006, 12:19 PM

Off topic....why is Jones-Drew a hyphen? Don't think I've seen too many men with hyphenated names. Pick one or the other...Jones or Drew!

Yeah because I thought he was just Maurice Drew coming out of college.

Vinny
12-21-2006, 12:26 PM

Off topic....why is Jones-Drew a hyphen? Don't think I've seen too many men with hyphenated names. Pick one or the other...Jones or Drew! I was big on Jones-Drew and stole him in all my Keeper and dynasty leagues before most of the fans were hip to him. click me (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/pac10/2005-10-25-ucla-drew_x.htm) to explain the hyphen.

This is such a great rookie class...I hope the Kubiak regime can draft as well in a lesser draft class.

Vinny
12-21-2006, 12:27 PM
He added the Jones in honor of his grandfather.

And Dan Marino's drunk on Devin Hester.If you click the link above you can see it is his legal name...he just never used it fully before on his jersey.

Texansfan36
12-21-2006, 12:29 PM

He does his name like that for his grandfather. I think MJD's grandfather passed away at or during one of MJD's college games, so he added his grandfathers name to his. Thats why he wears it like that.

GuerillaBlack
12-21-2006, 01:12 PM
I love that..."Baby Earl." When was Jones-Drew drafted?

Silver Oak
12-21-2006, 01:27 PM
That's pretty cool for him to honor a family member like that then.

tsip
12-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Seriously, AJ Hawk for DROY? Thats the first I've heard that name thrown around.

He got the big negative from Shannon and Marino after that.

The 'knock' on Hawk was the same as it was for Bush--both started late but have come on strong...

Ryans has been there all year...no days off...no half efforts...award should not go to a part-time player, when you'vr got a player that stepped up every game... but guess who will win