PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bush?

TexanSam
12-20-2006, 01:09 AM
He was probably a 1st round draft pick before his injury, so where would he go now? With the type of injury he had, he probably wouldn't be up to full speed next season, but could he be like a Frank Gore type player? Gore didn't have a great season in 05, but now that his leg is fully healed from his injury while at Miami he's turned out to be an awesome running back. Could Michael Bush be the same way? If AP is gone by the time we draft, maybe we can get Bush in the 2nd or 3rd round. Where do you guys think he'll be drafted?

LORK 88
12-20-2006, 01:20 AM
Well, he might actually get an extra year because of his injury, so the place he might end up is back in school. If he declares, expect to hear his name in the early to mid 2nd. I dont think he'll be ready to work out at the combine, so he won't be able to affect his stock in any way like the other players can so he might see his slip a bit.

threetoedpete
12-20-2006, 01:22 AM
Why not ? They go Branch -Micheal Bush...I'd buy into that. All the mocks I've seen don't have him on the board. Might be a function of his red shirt request. Anyone got an update ? I also like beerlovers Fresno St. guy, Wright. Like the TCU guy late day two.LSU guy day two. Lot of backs in the pile without All Day's injury history.

Ghetto D
12-20-2006, 01:28 AM
I could get behind getting a massive LT in the 1st and picking up Bush in the 2nd.

threetoedpete
12-20-2006, 01:33 AM
Me too, but I've all but given up. Don't see Joe Thomas sliding. Don't see us moving up. With our tallent level, I think we should move the other way. But you're correct he is the round peg in the round hole we've been trin' to put into our o-line bucket for five years. When he goes off the board, I'm going to hurt something aweful. With Long and Baker going back, the OLT's in this class got real ordinary really fast.

dbspi
12-20-2006, 03:42 AM
I could get behind getting a massive LT in the 1st and picking up Bush in the 2nd.

Aside from Joe Thomas there are not too many franchise LT in the draft who you can say massive and the one's who are mostly RT.

Unless Gaither declares, Thomas is the only guy who is worth taking in top 5. Gaither is sophmore but he is eligible because he attended private high school after completing his regular high school.

Either Arizona or Tampa will end up with Thomas.