PDA

View Full Version : Texans Drafting of local or regional players?

4Texans
12-19-2006, 10:21 PM
I've heard it mentioned on this site by different members that the Texans FO does not want to or will not draft local or regional players. Anyone know the truth or reasoning behind this? Is it just an assumption???? Is it McNairs call??? Casserly??? Kubiak????

Bubbajwp
12-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Eric Winston is from Texas.

4Texans
12-19-2006, 10:33 PM
Eric Winston is from Texas.

True, but he played his college ball at Miami, right?

ATX
12-19-2006, 10:33 PM
I wouldn't look too much into it. Why would they pass up local talent if it was something they really wanted. They do have an Aggie head coach and have had Aaron Glenn and Steve Mckinney as Aggies. I think Coleman went to Texas Tech. I know we didn't draft these guys, but we did draft Sloan Thomas from Texas.

Bubbajwp
12-19-2006, 10:37 PM
True, but he played his college ball at Miami, right?

Yes.

4Texans
12-19-2006, 10:39 PM
I wouldn't look too much into it. Why would they pass up local talent if it was something they really wanted. They do have an Aggie head coach and have had Aaron Glenn and Steve Mckinney as Aggies. I think Coleman went to Texas Tech. I know we didn't draft these guys, but we did draft Sloan Thomas from Texas.

You're probably right. The members that have said this may have some issues with VY not getting drafted. I forgot about Sloan, though he never really got above the practice squad here.