PDA

View Full Version : Sherman finds peace as Texans assistant

Wolf
12-19-2006, 05:49 PM
http://www.telegram.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061217/COLUMN49/612170632/1009/SPORTS

Mike Sherman didnít have to coach this season, but he needed to. Actually, make that Karen Sherman needed him to.

After six mostly successful seasons in Green Bay, Mike Sherman was fired as head coach of the Packers one day after wrapping up a 4-12 campaign with a 23-17 victory over Seattle. The Seahawks went on to play in the Super Bowl; Sherman went home and contemplated his next move with his family.

A month later, he had a decision to make in regard to moving.

Gary Kubiak was putting together a staff after being handed the reins of the Houston Texans. He dialed up Sherman, his friend since their days together as assistants at Texas A&M in the early 1990s.

Kubiak offered Sherman a position as assistant head coach/offense. Sherman, having signed a two-year, $6.4 million contract extension with Green Bay prior to the 2005 season, was getting paid this fall whether he worked or not.

No amount of money, though, buys peace of mind.

The Dream
12-19-2006, 06:00 PM
I totally forgot about Sherman...I still haven't forgotten how he messed up that Packers/Eagles game a couple years back in the post-season....figures the texans would want him.

TexansSeminole
12-19-2006, 06:05 PM
I totally forgot about Sherman...I still haven't forgotten how he messed up that Packers/Eagles game a couple years back in the post-season....figures the texans would want him.

Ha, figures you would say some negative shiz about Sherman. :secret:

Double Barrel
12-19-2006, 06:38 PM
I thought he was also supposed to be a 'line coach' or something of that nature. :confused:

TexanSam
12-19-2006, 07:11 PM
I thought he was also supposed to be a 'line coach' or something of that nature. :confused:

I'm sure even the best of offensive line coaches wouldn't be able to do much with our line. Losing 3 starters to injury will kill any O-line.