PDA

View Full Version : draft master

AndreRulz
12-19-2006, 01:14 PM
tell me a player Ill tell ya what I think about them and if we need them and what round they should go in.

I will also make a comparsion to a current or formmer NFL player if you wish.

ok thanks for your wondering minds.

:bowser: :wherewill :fieldgoal

4Texans
12-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Kevin Kolb - QB University of Houston

??????????????

brewhaus
12-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Jordan Palmer - UTEP

AndreRulz
12-19-2006, 01:32 PM
kolb~UH~QB
grade: B
Analysis: good all-around player could be a great player. Plays in a weaker conference though.
round: 2nd - 3rd
texans: should get him if there in 3rd round
player like: Id say Steve McNair at best

plamer~UTEP~QB
grade: C or C+
analysis: gets a lot of hype from his brother carson and played in a weaker conference, good arm.
round: 4th - 5th
texans: maybe, i doubt they get him though
player like: joey harrington or eli manning

beerlover
12-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Dwayne Wright, RB Fresno State

AndreRulz
12-19-2006, 01:40 PM
Dwayne Wright, RB Fresno State

analysis: good player, weak conference, good speed, decent strength.
round: 4th - 5th
texans: maybe I like him just not as a every down back.
player like: at best could be like Westbrook, worst like morency

kastofsna
12-19-2006, 02:01 PM
those are some of the worst scouting reports i've ever seen. and i'm the draft master around here.

Kevin Kolb
Pros: 4-year starter, good arm, good poise, good field vision, nice release, improved each year consistently
Cons: Played in same offense since high school, gets passes batted down at the line, mechanics need work, last name is pronounced stupidly
NFL Comparison: David Carr, Philip Rivers

Jordan Palmer
Pros: Good size, good family history, good consistent production, decent mobility
Cons: Throws way too many picks, average arm at best, played in a pass-first offense, definitely a project and not someone you can start right away
NFL Comparison: Marc Bulger

Dwayne Wright
Pros: Great size, good production on a poor team, good acceleration, good all-purpose back with the ability to block and catch, great near the goalline
Cons: Doesn't have great speed, missed almost 2 full years due to injury, didn't play well against the best competition
NFL Comparison: Ronnie Brown

i'd love to hear how you got the westbrook comparison with dwayne wright.

Sportsfan
12-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Kenny Irons- RB

Joe Thomas- O-Tackle

Sportsfan
12-19-2006, 02:07 PM
those are some of the worst scouting reports i've ever seen. and i'm the draft master around here.

Kevin Kolb
Cons: last name is pronounced stupidly

And you want to be know as the 'draft master' ? LMAO!

kastofsna
12-19-2006, 02:11 PM
And you want to be know as the 'draft master' ? LMAO!
yes, i was totally being serious there, too.

kastofsna
12-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Kenny Irons
Pros: Great burst, good strength, good size, fights for extra yards every time, still pretty young at the position and will develop more
Cons: More quick than fast, has fumbled more than you'd like, several nagging injuries, disappointing '06 season, not an all-around RB
NFL Comparison: Cadillac Williams

Joe Thomas
Pros: Excellent strength and size, great agility for a man his size, powerful in the running game, progressing almost each week in his pass-protecting abilities, played very well against top competition
Cons: Still a better run-blocker than pass-protector at this point, tore his ACL in the bowl game last year (although he seems to have recovered fine), doesn't have the best hips out there
NFL Comparison: Walter Jones

Ryan
12-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Troy Smith-QB OSU

kastofsna
12-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Troy Smith
Pros: Great arm, great leader, very good controlled mobility, good strength, has learned to rely on his arm more and trust his receivers, always played well when it counted, made great strides with character, great pocket awareness; always felt the defender behind him, very good with turnovers
Cons: Height is an issue, some people question if he's over-rehearsed and actually not a good character guy at all, mechanics need a lot of work still, not a lot of experience actually starting at QB, could bulk up more
NFL Comparison: Donovan McNabb

AndreRulz
12-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Kenny Irons
Pros: Great burst, good strength, good size, fights for extra yards every time, still pretty young at the position and will develop more
Cons: More quick than fast, has fumbled more than you'd like, several nagging injuries, disappointing '06 season, not an all-around RB
NFL Comparison: Cadillac Williams

Joe Thomas
Pros: Excellent strength and size, great agility for a man his size, powerful in the running game, progressing almost each week in his pass-protecting abilities, played very well against top competition
Cons: Still a better run-blocker than pass-protector at this point, tore his ACL in the bowl game last year (although he seems to have recovered fine), doesn't have the best hips out there
NFL Comparison: Walter Jones

Joe thomas is no walter jones he will be more like robert gallery.

AndreRulz
12-19-2006, 03:17 PM
Troy Smith
Pros: Great arm, great leader, very good controlled mobility, good strength, has learned to rely on his arm more and trust his receivers, always played well when it counted, made great strides with character, great pocket awareness; always felt the defender behind him, very good with turnovers
Cons: Height is an issue, some people question if he's over-rehearsed and actually not a good character guy at all, mechanics need a lot of work still, not a lot of experience actually starting at QB, could bulk up more
NFL Comparison: Donovan McNabb

McNabb is like 6'1 or 6'2, and troy smith is like 5'11 1/2 at the most (jeff garcia's height)

kastofsna
12-19-2006, 03:19 PM
no. not at all.

AndreRulz
12-19-2006, 03:20 PM
no. not at all.

he may become like him, but he is no walter jones.

kastofsna
12-19-2006, 03:20 PM
McNabb is like 6'1 or 6'2, and troy smith is like 5'11 1/2 at the most (jeff garcia's height)
um, okay? what's that have to do with ANYTHING at ALL?

aaand garcia is 6'1.

your comparions are the worst.

jjcorvallis
12-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Aaron Ross, CB, Texas

AndreRulz
12-19-2006, 03:23 PM
um, okay? what's that have to do with ANYTHING at ALL?

aaand garcia is 6'1.

your comparions are the worst.

ok ill prove myself give me a player.

Ryan
12-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Alan Branch, DT, Michigan

kastofsna
12-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Aaron Ross
Pros: Good size, great overall athleticism, good nose for the ball, great breakout year with a lot of takeaways, also good on special teams
Cons: Not great straight-line speed, still raw mechanically, has a thin frame, needs time to develop
NFL Comparison: Chris Gamble

AndreRulz
12-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Alan Branch, DT, Michigan

Pros: very solid defensive tackle, strong and quick, can play DE too if needed.
cons: a little small at 285/290 lbs.
player: richard seymour

kastofsna
12-19-2006, 03:32 PM
Alan Branch
Pros: Huge frame, versatility to be a 3-tech DT or 3-4 DE, holds his ground and clogs up running lanes
Cons: Takes plays off, not as dominant in the passing game as a guy that big should be, not technically sound at all
NFL Comparison: Albert Haynesworth

kastofsna
12-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Pros: very solid defensive tackle, strong and quick, can play DE too if needed.
cons: a little small at 285/290 lbs.
player: richard seymour
branch is around 330 pounds.

Mr. White
12-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Sam Baker-OT-USC

AndreRulz
12-19-2006, 03:35 PM
branch is around 330 pounds.

sorry I was thinking of someone else.

kastofsna
12-19-2006, 03:37 PM
Sam Baker-OT-USC
he's staying his senior year. but:

Sam Baker
Pros: Great athleticism, great feet, played at a top level at the highest level in college football, improving greatly in the running game
Cons: Not very big, will bend at the waist poorly, doesn't really overpower anyone.

Mr. White
12-19-2006, 03:38 PM
he's staying his senior year.

How does he compare to Joe Thomas?

....just saw the edit. Thanks.

AndreRulz
12-19-2006, 03:40 PM
ok give me a report on drew tate and pierre thomas,jr.

Ryan
12-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Justin Warren,LB, Texas A&M

kastofsna
12-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Drew Tate
Pros: Great competitor, good mechanics and technique, good accuracy, throws well under direct pressure, throws well out of the pocket
Cons: Undersized, doesn't have a great arm, forces too many passes, doesn't show up in the big games.
NFL Comparison: Drew Brees

Pierre Thomas
Pros: Good vision between the tackles, good initial burst, not much wear on the tires
Cons: Not really fast at all, not a breakaway threat, doesn't have great size, plays like a power back but doesn't have the body for it
NFL Comparison: Mike Bell

texasguy346
12-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Paul Mosely, RB, Baylor

kastofsna
12-19-2006, 03:53 PM
Justin Warren
Pros: Great nose for the ball, good leader, lots of experience, has that inside 'backer mentality, the kind of guy where it's hard to imagine him not succeeding in the NFL
Cons: Average speed, poor in coverage, kinda lumbers around.
NFL Comparison: Derek Smith

kastofsna
12-19-2006, 03:54 PM
honestly can't tell you a thing about mosely.

4Texans
12-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Leon Hall - CB - Michigan

texasguy346
12-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Alright how about Dominique Zeigler, WR, Baylor.

kastofsna
12-19-2006, 04:02 PM
i haven't watched baylor play in like 2 years.

Leon Hall
Pros: Good leader, good eye for the ball, pretty much a lock to shutdown any underneath routes, very good in the running game
Cons: Doesn't have elite speed, could bulk up a bit more, overall isn't ever going to impress with his pure athletic ability
NFL Comparison: Ty Law

Ryan
12-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Justin Warren
Pros: Great nose for the ball, good leader, lots of experience, has that inside 'backer mentality, the kind of guy where it's hard to imagine him not succeeding in the NFL
Cons: Average speed, poor in coverage, kinda lumbers around.
NFL Comparison: Derek Smith

What round do you see him going in? a second day pick?

kastofsna
12-19-2006, 04:06 PM
he seems destined for the 3rd round. with a good combine he could go 2nd round easily though. not a great draft for ILB's, he could take advantage.

Ryan
12-19-2006, 04:09 PM
he seems destined for the 3rd round. with a good combine he could go 2nd round easily though.

not to mention if he stops marshawn lynch in the holiday bowl

texasguy346
12-19-2006, 04:09 PM
I figured one of the draft masters would've caught a glimpse of a Baylor game. If not to see Sepulveda then at least to see us play Texas, Oklahoma, or Texas A&M.

Alright here's a chance at redemption for the draft masters.

Korey Hall, LB, Boise State

kastofsna
12-19-2006, 04:15 PM
they just don't show too many baylor games in florida, sorry.

Mr. White
12-19-2006, 04:20 PM
they just don't show too many baylor games in florida, sorry.

They don't show many Baylor games in Texas, either, for that matter.

texasguy346
12-19-2006, 04:27 PM
Seems to me that draft master might be a bit of a stretch then.

kastofsna
12-19-2006, 04:32 PM
yeah, i'm missing so many prospects by not catching every baylor game.

texasguy346
12-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Surely one of the draft masters have seen a Boise State game.

It's not just Baylor, but think of all the other small school/ small conference prospects that the draft masters are missing out on. Then you got Division II guys as well.

My mistake though. Guess I expected too much from draft masters. Guess they show a lot more UTEP games than Baylor games in Florida.

beerlover
12-19-2006, 05:10 PM
this is the funniest draft thread ever :)

Sportsfan
12-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Ramonce Taylor- UT

mexican_texan
12-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Mike Hart. I'm not giving up on him.

YoungTexanFan
12-19-2006, 06:46 PM
kastofsna is the better w/reports, but he's not a master. I don't really know about the other guy who was going in this thread but I stopped valuing his opinion after he said branch was undersized and under 300lbs. Branch is a mamoth. He was probally refering to Woodly who will most likely be converted into a 3-4 OLB/pass rushing demon.

I fancy myself a draft nerd, but this thread is doing ok w/out too much of my opinion.

TexansSeminole
12-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Those analysis don't give much info about the player IMO. "good speed", "good initial burst". Everyone in the NFL has to have good speed. If you want to play on the O or D line you need a good initial burst. I dont know...seems like you could say these things about most any player (most any player you want to know more about anyway)...and they are very obvious to see.

When I hear analysis I expect a projection to how the player will play in the NFL. "Good speed" and "good hand-eye coordination" doesn't tell me squat about the player other than that he has the absolute minimum needed to MAKE IT TO THE NFL.

texasguy346
12-19-2006, 09:26 PM
I just find it amusing that any one person could ever fancy themselves as a draft master or draft expert. It's simply too tough for one person to do unless they have an entire staff of scouts that can look at all of the available talent for a given draft.

Draftniks or draft nerds are plentiful. Some know more than others, but can't really see how anyone can call themselves a draft master or draft expert with a straight face. Just a little pet peeve of mine. Carry on draftniks.

Ole Miss Texan
12-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Rory Johnson- OLB- Ole Miss- JR.

Bubbajwp
12-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Copy and paste.

Bubbajwp
12-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Seriously though what happened to the first draft master. I think kastofsna scared him off.

Im the draft King.:jk: texasguy346

threetoedpete
12-19-2006, 10:57 PM

You need to go back to school draft master. He is a man playing among boys.

BattleRedToro
12-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Stacey Thomas -Safety, Texas Southern University

threetoedpete
12-20-2006, 01:48 AM
Seriously though what happened to the first draft master. I think kastofsna scared him off.

Im the draft King.:jk: texasguy346

You gotta have a little more in the bag than a name to get Kosftranostra.
He lost me at the Brach quotes to. He got on my wrong side picking on my guy.

Texans86
12-20-2006, 02:32 AM
Wow, I'm surprised it hasn't come up yet, or if it has I just missed it.

Jamarcus Russell.

threetoedpete
12-20-2006, 02:35 AM
It's come up. Kastofnostra scared the guru guy off though.

YoungTexanFan
12-20-2006, 02:49 AM
I just find it amusing that any one person could ever fancy themselve a draft master or draft expert. It's simply too tough for one person to do unless they have an entire staff of scouts that can look at all of the available talent for a given draft.

Draftniks or draft nerds are plentiful. Some know more than others, but can't really see how anyone can call themselves a draft master or draft expert with a straight face. Just a little pet peeve of mine. Carry on draftniks.

That is why I only insinuated myself to be a draft nerd and not a draft master.

Coach C. and Mork used to do a pretty good series of write-ups regarding prospects.

kastofsna
12-20-2006, 09:19 AM
JaMarcus Russell
Pros: Huge, cannon arm, good mobility, not easy to take down, has good instincts in the pocket, still young and has a lot to learn, played in good offense
Cons: Will make head-scratching mistakes, not the most sound mechanics, has probably lost more games than one should with all that talent
NFL Comparison: Daunte Culpepper

kastofsna
12-20-2006, 09:27 AM
ya know, these aren't very detailed scouting reports. i apologize for that. i'll make a huge write-up for each player later.

Sportsfan
12-20-2006, 11:50 AM
Couple more for the Master

Steve Slaton- RB, West Virginia

Anthony Spencer- DE, Purdue

kastofsna
12-20-2006, 12:15 PM
slaton is a sophomore, he's not eligible for the draft.

Anthony Spencer
Pros: Good athlete, good technique, a student of the game, could start immediately anywhere in the NFL, pretty good in the running game.
Cons: Not very big, gets overpowered by some bigger tackles, may have to move to the OLB spot in a 3-4, or even bulk up and move inside, but moving outside just begs for more questions, such as his ability in coverage.
NFL Comparison: Al Singleton

doughboy
12-20-2006, 12:25 PM
Gotta go with the boys from the REAL UT.

Erik Ainge QB

Robert Meachem WR

Justin Harrell DT

Wildcard: I know hes not coming out this year but Earl Bennett form Vanderbilt.

real
12-20-2006, 12:29 PM
How do you take over someones thread ?

Bubbajwp
12-20-2006, 12:37 PM
Gotta go with the boys from the REAL UT.

Erik Ainge QB

Robert Meachem WR

Justin Harrell DT

Wildcard: I know hes not coming out this year but Earl Bennett form Vanderbilt.

Sounds like we got some wannabes around here.

doughboy
12-20-2006, 12:40 PM
Sounds like we got some wannabes around here.

Texas is a poser!!!:yahoo: J/K I really do like the longhorns

kastofsna
12-20-2006, 12:53 PM
ainge is going nowhere. meachem is declaring if he's ruled a 1st rounder by the draft committee, and there's certainly no reason to think he won't be; i think he ultimately, after a great combine, goes ahead of jarrett and after ginn. i personally think he's the 3rd-4th best WR in this draft.

Robert Meachem
Pros: Great size, great speed, showed great improvement this past year, proved to be effective everywhere on the field, great routes.
Cons: Has had a tendency to drop passes.
NFL Comparison: Javon Walker

Justin Harrell
Pros: Good size and good strength, clogs up the interior very well against the run, good athlete for his size, is the definition of a true gamer and warrior, playing through injury in the biggest game of his career.
Cons: Not a huge threat in the backfield, the injury to his bicep might be pretty serious and could hurt his ability to break at the line, not as dominating as you would hope he'd be.
NFL Comparsion: Gabe Watson

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Brian Leonard, as a FB and RB prospect.

TFL
12-20-2006, 04:16 PM
Garrett Wolf RB NIU

Sportsfan
12-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Lets change it up a bit Mr Draft Master

Please list ,with a brief analysis of each, who the top Safeties are in the draft.

Ole Miss Texan
12-20-2006, 05:47 PM
What about Dan Mozes Center? will he be in the draft?

Bubbajwp
12-20-2006, 07:45 PM
I know he is not in the draft but I would like to hear what you have to say about.

Limas Sweed 6'5 219

Andre Johnson 6'3 219

The two of them togeth would be really fun to watch. I really hope we can somehow get him next year as Mould's replacement.

BattleRedToro
12-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Stacey Thomas -Safety, Texas Southern University

I didn't get any response about Stacey Thomas -Safety, Texas Southern University. I thought the Draft Masters said give a name and they would provide us with analysis. Well, I did provide a name and now I'm still waiting for the analysis. Atleast, acknowledge my post and tell me you don't know anything about the guy, if that is the case.

mexican_texan
12-20-2006, 09:28 PM
IMO, Sweed isn't the most talented reciever at UT.

doughboy
12-20-2006, 10:06 PM
Jonathan Goff Vanderbilt. Could be a First rounder if he declares.

YoungTexanFan
12-21-2006, 12:15 AM
IMO, Sweed isn't the most talented reciever at UT.

Sweed is overrated to an extreme here. He is average at best IMO. He has good speed but doesn't have much pro potential at this point IMO.

YoungTexanFan
12-21-2006, 12:17 AM
Lets change it up a bit Mr Draft Master

Please list ,with a brief analysis of each, who the top Safeties are in the draft.

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=31611

I started a thread listing a pretty detailed scouting report on the top S's as well as many other prospects. It is sticked as well if the link doesn't work.

mexican_texan
12-21-2006, 01:35 AM
Mike Hart. I'm not giving up on him.
Staying another year, along with Henne and Long.

AndreRulz
12-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Garrett Wolf RB NIU

pros: very quick, fast, good receiver, decent vision.
cons: size, strength, and blocking.
player like: fred russell (only one i could think of but he maybe better than russell was)

AndreRulz
12-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Brian Leonard, as a FB and RB prospect.

Pros: fast at FB, strong and good blocker as a RB, good receiver
Cons: slow at TB, ok strength and blocker as a FB,
Analysis: I see him more as a 3rd RB in the NFL, unless in the right system.
NFL player: BJ Askew (but lighter, faster and a better receiver)

AndreRulz
12-22-2006, 04:17 PM
hey anyone got questions about college players that are eligible for the draft reviews are here for all who ask.

or if you want to ask who the texans should pick in a certain round also works as well.

AndreRulz
12-24-2006, 08:25 PM
hey kastofsna i now you are on.

give me a player so i can prove myself.

kastofsna
12-24-2006, 08:29 PM
not sure how you could prove yourself, you've done enough damage with some of the earlier comments.

i'll make it easy: brady quinn.

mexican_texan
12-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Mike Jones, WR, ASU

Bubbajwp
12-25-2006, 12:13 AM
Mike Jones, WR, ASU

WHO

Ole Miss Texan
12-25-2006, 12:17 AM
Free Safety we seriously need to look at: Buckle brought him up in another thread. (maybe a 2nd, 3rd rounder?...)

Leonard Peters, FS, Hawaii.

mexican_texan
12-25-2006, 12:35 AM
WHO
Mike Jones

(this is why I want him...sad, I know...)

Bubbajwp
12-25-2006, 12:59 AM
Mike Jones

(this is why I want him...sad, I know...)

I really couldnt resist.

CoastalTexan
12-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Mike Jones was the QB at my highschool, dated my friend too. From what I hear he's real high character type. Doesn't party, concentrates on baseball, football, school and stuff. She said scouts told him he'd be a high pick in baseball if he came out this year.

cuppacoffee
12-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Wow, I'm surprised it hasn't come up yet, or if it has I just missed it.

Jamarcus Russell.

Pro's: Big, strong, and big.
Con's: Nomad, circus folk...small hands, smells like cabbage.

NFL comparison: Steve Grogan (he also smelled of cabbage)

See....I'm the Draft Magician. Look at how much I know.

All I know is that you are about to get on Vinnys bad side..:shades: :D

:coffee:

Vinny
12-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Funny how just because he favors Cullpepper from a distance he has to have small hands. I wonder when he measured him...or sniffed him for that matter.

mexican_texan
12-25-2006, 06:10 PM
It's a new tradition at the early scouting combine. QB's that smell of cabbage get points deducted, but if they smell like potato salad, they're guaranteed to go in the first day.

cadahnic
12-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Funny how just because he favors Cullpepper from a distance he has to have small hands. I wonder when he measured him...or sniffed him for that matter.

If I'm not mistaken the cabbage reference was to a line in the 3rd Austin Powers movie, I'm guessing it's meant as a joke here.

AndreRulz
12-26-2006, 11:08 AM
not sure how you could prove yourself, you've done enough damage with some of the earlier comments.

i'll make it easy: brady quinn.

Brady Quinn
Pros: good arm, good accuracy, a leader, has played in some big games, durable (has taken hits for all 4 years in college)
cons: doesnt always show up in the big games, not the fastest QB, doesnt always recognize blitzs.
player: mark bulger or carson palmer

AndreRulz
12-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Free Safety we seriously need to look at: Buckle brought him up in another thread. (maybe a 2nd, 3rd rounder?...)

Leonard Peters, FS, Hawaii.

Pros: strong, decent cover FS, decent size
cons: not too fast for a FS
analysis: probably meant to be a SS in the NFL, probably a 3rd round pick at best, 5th round at worst. Has a good upside at SS though, would probably only be an ok FS.
player like: adam archuelata(sp) or troy poumalo(sp)

Mr teX
12-26-2006, 11:22 AM
i skipped over 2 pages so you guys may have already went over some of these guys but what about:

Lamar Woodley
Daymeion Hughes

& Kastofna, is your NFL comparison what they could become or where you think their skill level is currently at?

AndreRulz
12-26-2006, 11:28 AM
i skipped over 2 pages so you guys may have already went over some of these guys but what about:

Lamar Woodley
Daymeion Hughes

& Kastofna, is your NFL comparison what they could become or where you think their skill level is currently at?

Lamar Woodley DE/LB
Pros: quick for DE, big at LB
Cons: small for a DE, not too good at coverage
analysis: good in a 3-4 system playing a OLB.
player like: jason babin at worst, demarcus ware at best

Erratic Assassin
12-26-2006, 01:00 PM
Kevin Kolb

NFL Comparison: David Carr

Congratulations Texans you have just drafted the next David Carr!

kastofsna
12-26-2006, 01:19 PM
its pretty much where i see them in the NFL if they play at their best.

Second Honeymoon
12-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Congratulations Texans you have just drafted the next David Carr!

lmao

AndreRulz
12-26-2006, 03:52 PM
colt brennan will probably stay in school unless a guaranteed top 15 pick.

\woo hoo or not?

doughboy
12-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Chris Leak UF

Steve Smith USC

Arron Sears UT

YoungTexanFan
12-26-2006, 10:46 PM
Daymeion Hughes

I don't want to interfere on every draft masters territory, but I would like to talk about Hughes a bit.

Daymeion Hughes is a very polished CB with top instincts. He has played against some stiff competition and more than held his own the past two years. He doesn't project as well as a Revis or a Cason to the NFL, but he knows how to read the play and when to make his jumps. He shows good, short burst recovery speed and enough speed to take it house on a pick. He has good size and very smooth hips. His head is always on a swivel and he knows how to turn and make the play on the ball which is more than can be said for either of our CBs. He lacks elite speed, but does have quick feet.

Pros: He can find the ball in the air and make a play, he uses his hands very well, he can actually catch the ball, his hips are very quick for a CB w/average speed. He has preformed consistently at a very high level in the Pac 10 with the likes of USC, Fresno, and the generally pass happy conference. He has great closing speed and seems to always be on the balls of his feet. He is a solid wrap up tackler who does know how to make a play on the ball first.

Cons: He won't wow you with measurables. His lack of ideal measurables has him labled as a "zone" CB only. I think he can do more, but he does have a few physical limitations. His backpedal is a little slower than I would like to see. He is not a "big hitter".

NFL comparison: Nate Clements

threetoedpete
12-26-2006, 11:56 PM
colt brennan will probably stay in school unless a guaranteed top 15 pick.

\woo hoo or not?

Great Blue Norther had that tid bit up. What is not up is Micheal Bushes Red Shirt request ?

AndreRulz
12-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Chris Leak UF

Steve Smith USC

Arron Sears UT

chris leak
pros: good leader, can run if need be, good accuracy, good arm strength
cons: not the fast QB, going through progressions(sometimes)
player: steve mcnair

steve smith
pros: good speed, good route runner, good hands
cons: not the too big, not that strong
player like: mike furrey(with more speed)

sorry havent seen much of sears.

MojoMan
12-29-2006, 02:18 PM
Josh Beekman, Boston College

Goldeagle
12-29-2006, 07:12 PM
Whatever happened to Dwayne Slay, cant he be converted to OLB in the NFL

He played faster in pads than his 40 showed.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Chicago Bears practice squad I think.

Goldeagle
12-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Chicago Bears practice squad I think.

I remember a lot of hype about him, he could hit!

AndreRulz
01-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Great Blue Norther had that tid bit up. What is not up is Micheal Bushes Red Shirt request ?

Yes I have not heard anymore will the NCAA will allow or if he wants to redshirt and come back, wait till after the bowl game.

DeclanJr
01-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Have you done Robert Meachem?

AndreRulz
01-01-2007, 12:23 PM
ainge is going nowhere. meachem is declaring if he's ruled a 1st rounder by the draft committee, and there's certainly no reason to think he won't be; i think he ultimately, after a great combine, goes ahead of jarrett and after ginn. i personally think he's the 3rd-4th best WR in this draft.

Robert Meachem
Pros: Great size, great speed, showed great improvement this past year, proved to be effective everywhere on the field, great routes.
Cons: Has had a tendency to drop passes.
NFL Comparison: Javon Walker

Justin Harrell
Pros: Good size and good strength, clogs up the interior very well against the run, good athlete for his size, is the definition of a true gamer and warrior, playing through injury in the biggest game of his career.
Cons: Not a huge threat in the backfield, the injury to his bicep might be pretty serious and could hurt his ability to break at the line, not as dominating as you would hope he'd be.
NFL Comparsion: Gabe Watson

yes he was in this post.

YoungTexanFan
01-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Meachem compares more to AJ than Walker IMO. He also happens to be the 2nd best WR in the draft only behind soon to be #1 overall CJ.

AndreRulz
01-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Meachem compares more to AJ than Walker IMO. He also happens to be the 2nd best WR in the draft only behind soon to be #1 overall CJ.

yes, CJ get ready to become an OAKLAND RAIDER:secret:

AndreRulz
01-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Greg Olsen commits today.
Jarrett might stay.
Branch is now probably going for sure
:yahoo:

AndreRulz
01-02-2007, 05:48 PM
anyone got anymore questions about any players?

AndreRulz
01-06-2007, 11:58 AM
ok I am back now lets get this going agian.

YoungTexanFan
01-06-2007, 01:26 PM
anyone got anymore questions about any players?

Well, I don't really consider you a draft nut, nor do I find you 1 sentence about the guy interesting or something I didn't know already, but I'm bored right now. Tell me your opinion on Bain, Everett, Weddel, Cornish, and Duckworth to start with. 3 pretty easy guys and one sleeper.

AndreRulz
01-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Well, I don't really consider you a draft nut, nor do I find you 1 sentence about the guy interesting or something I didn't know already, but I'm bored right now. Tell me your opinion on Bain, Everett, Weddel, Cornish, and Duckworth to start with. 3 pretty easy guys and one sleeper.

cornish~kansas
pros: good runner, decent strength, not a lot of carries in career
cons: ok vision, decent strength, blocking.
player like: dominic rhodes (best i could of right now)

everett~florida
pros: good speed, good tackler, decent at coverage
cons: could get a little stronger, needs to get better at coverage
player like: ernie sims

weddel~utah
pros: good speed and strength, verstile
cons: uncertain where he will play i guess CB
player like: michael robinson (except as a CB)/ brian kelly

Bubbajwp
01-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Jared Gaither

AndreRulz
01-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Jared Gaither

Gaither
Pros: very big, decent speed, good strength
cons: very big, will face faster DEs in the NFL
player like: bryant mckinney

LORK 88
01-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Gaither
Pros: very big, decent speed, good strength
cons: very big, will face faster DEs in the NFL
player like: bryant mckinney
I fail to see how very big can be a pro and a con . . .

AndreRulz
01-06-2007, 03:43 PM
I fail to see how very big can be a pro and a con . . .

pro: means he should be strong
con: endurance facor/more conditioning needed

LORK 88
01-06-2007, 04:05 PM
pro: means he should be strong
con: endurance facor/more conditioning needed
No offense, but you really need to clarify and start going into more detail on these. You've really got to quit being so broad because it makes people assume things that may not be true. From what I've seen, he actually seems athletic for his size, so as long as he doesn't end up much bigger, he should be fine. Also, not all big guys struggle with conditioning problems, as long as they stay in shape.

AndreRulz
01-06-2007, 09:08 PM
No offense, but you really need to clarify and start going into more detail on these. You've really got to quit being so broad because it makes people assume things that may not be true. From what I've seen, he actually seems athletic for his size, so as long as he doesn't end up much bigger, he should be fine. Also, not all big guys struggle with conditioning problems, as long as they stay in shape.

I will work on that and he can be a good player if he doesn't get too big.

doughboy
01-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Garrett Wolfe

Johnnie Lee Higgins

mexican_texan
01-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Garrett Wolfe

Johnnie Lee Higgins
One is small and the other one has the always ill fated two first names.

Am I the draft master now?

doughboy
01-06-2007, 10:01 PM
One is small and the other one has the always ill fated two first names.

Am I the draft master now?

Yes But your only at Mel Kiper Level (rookie).:yahoo:

htownfoozball
01-06-2007, 10:13 PM
kareem brown, joe staley, darrelle revis, dedrick harrington

threetoedpete
01-07-2007, 01:59 AM
Garrett Wolfe

Johnnie Lee Higgins

Like Higgins a lot. I woun't be surprised that he goes in the second to the Colts as a Harrison replacement in a couple of years.

YoungTexanFan
01-07-2007, 04:30 AM
Jared Gaither

Is a better OT prospect than Thomas. He is HUGE but agile. Moves well laterally. Explosive out of his stance. Strong hand punch. He can play a little high at times, but athletiscism allows him to overcome that when he does. He is a dominant LT prospect that has all the talent in the world. He shut down many great DE's that have gone to the NFL now including Mario, Lawson, and Wimbly. They didn't get a single sack between them against him. He extends his hands well and keeps the defender off him. Drives his man back on running plays.

AndreRulz
01-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Garrett Wolfe

Johnnie Lee Higgins

wolfe~NIU
great fast runner, has decent vision , small 5'7 170/175, needs to get stronger, runs hard, may not hold up for a whole year (see how brian calhoun did this year), got shut down by better defensive teams (see game stats vs. western michigan, vs. iowa and vs. TCU).
He is also a very good receiver, might end up as a wide out, need to learn how to pick up blitzs more, I see him as third down back or return/receiver in the NFL.
player like(if RB): Brian Calhoun
player like(If KR/WR): Dante Hall/J.J. Moses

Higgins~UTEP
good speed, runs very good routes, make big catches and big plays, has decent size, he will have to recognize coverage more in the NFL and adjust to it. He has playmaking ability but will have to adjust thats for sure. Didn't play against the top DBs in college.
player like: roddy white(probably will be better than white)

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Chris Henry RB Arizona

Hottoddie
01-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Sabby Piscitelli (FS/SS)

Lawrence Timmons (OLB)

Marcus Klund (SS)

CJ Gaddis (CB)

tulexan
01-07-2007, 09:40 PM
I see Garrett Wolfe being more like Darren Sproles than Brian Calhoun. Brian Calhoun may not be the tallest of players, but he has some bulk.

AndreRulz
01-13-2007, 07:42 AM
Chris Henry RB Arizona

This kid has had a decent year dont know why he is coming out early, but he has decent speed and above average power or strength. Hasnt had a lot of carries in college Mike Bell was there the year before. Needs to get better at picking up blitzs and catching the ball more. Some team will take a shot at him on day 2 of the draft. He could have good upside.
player like: Mike Bell(little stronger and a little slower than bell though)

AndreRulz
01-15-2007, 08:17 AM
I see Garrett Wolfe being more like Darren Sproles than Brian Calhoun. Brian Calhoun may not be the tallest of players, but he has some bulk.

he is like both of them, but wolfe doesnt do returns right now thats why i said calhoun

AndreRulz
01-20-2007, 08:01 AM
we should trade back in the first or get revis

Bubbajwp
01-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Why do you keep bringing this thread back.

AndreRulz
01-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Why do you keep bringing this thread back.

keep it alive and to analyze more college player for users of this site.