PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Freeney: The Ball Stripper

ib4texans
12-19-2006, 01:08 PM
I watched the game last night and DF is on his game again. He was coming around the end and hitting Carson Palmer with that Tomahawk chop. I counted 3 fumbles last night. Please, Please I hope somebody in the organization saw this and does something to protect David Carr. Carson Palmer wasn't showing any pocket presence at all,even after the first time. If somebody studies this film, they should be well aware of the problems that this can cause. If it's not addressed David's going to be left hanging in the wind.

hobie
12-19-2006, 01:10 PM
Good point, he was an absolute beast last night...

Runner
12-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Freeny looked fairly quick last night.

WiiBrawler
12-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Good Points,If the Texans Want To have any chance of winning on sunday, they will have to find out how to stop Dwight Freeney from getting to Carr, if he gets to Carr we are screwed because David Cant Handle The Football,I'm actuallly starting to think that their defense will outscore our offense

TheOgre
12-19-2006, 01:34 PM
Question: How do you try to stop Dwight Freeney?

Answer: Joe Thomas, OLT, Wisconsin

ib4texans
12-19-2006, 01:38 PM

Great, can he suit up on Sunday? Oh Crap I guess not.:gun:

TheOgre
12-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Carr is nothing but a crash test dummy for the Texans for 2 more games.

ATX
12-19-2006, 01:47 PM
DF is a free agent after this season if i'm correct......may not play for the Colts after this season. That's a good thing for us.

ib4texans
12-19-2006, 01:49 PM
DF is a free agent after this season if i'm correct......may not play for the Colts after this season. That's a good thing for us.

Problem is that won't help us on Sunday!

kingh99
12-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Freeny looked fairly quick last night.

You have to run on this team to expose their undersized DE's. They are world beaters til they face a stud dee and an O that can pound the rock. They (the Colts) might not make it past the first round this year.

Sportsfan
12-19-2006, 02:01 PM
That dude is a wrecking ball w/legs. He shoots off the line so fast its scary.

austintexanite
12-19-2006, 02:04 PM
We should get him in the offseason, if not he better not resign with them.

HOU-TEX
12-19-2006, 02:19 PM
That dude is a wrecking ball w/legs. He shoots off the line so fast its scary.

Not to worry. We have Salaam and Winston to keep up with him.lol:pigfly:

Paragon Blue
12-19-2006, 02:20 PM
wasn't the guy playing left tackle last night a backup??

HOU-TEX
12-19-2006, 02:22 PM

Yes. I believe Salaam and Winston are backups too. Wooks wike twouble.

mexican_texan
12-19-2006, 02:23 PM
Yes, rookie Andrew Whitworth out of LSU.

ib4texans
12-19-2006, 02:23 PM
I heard Thiesman say that the reason Palmer had to go to the side lines at one point, was because his arm was numb from Freeney chopping at it. Might be the case, dude looked like he was a martial arts guy breaking boards. Hiiiiiyyyaa !!

ib4texans
12-19-2006, 02:26 PM

The Bengals back-up vs our back-ups back-up,hmmm nope does'nt look good.

kingh99
12-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Not to worry. We have Salaam and Winston to keep up with him.lol:pigfly:

This guy is one dimensional. He's a ninja for sure but could you see him trying to stop the run? It's like watching Babin get washed out of the play.

This is why coaches salivate at the prospect of getting a hoss like MW. The idea with guys like Mario Williams is you should be able to keep them out there for all the plays, not just passing downs. A team like the Ravens will take the Colts apart. Ron Dayne is going to get a lot of frequent grunter miles this weekend.

hot pickle
12-19-2006, 02:56 PM

i was talkin to my cousins last sunday and we were talkin about the texans, and he mentioned that takin a Line man in the 1st round is a really risky pick, because there are so many line man that are busts they mentioned that the best thing to do i get one in the 3rd or 4th round and coach them up, and i am begining to agree, cause we dont need a robert gallery or alex barron

but if thomas will be as good in the nfl as he is in college im all for it

ib4texans
12-22-2006, 12:42 PM
To Carr's chagrin, he'll be facing Freeney after the Colts' defensive catalyst regained his touch in Monday night's win over Cincinnati. Freeney matched a career best by getting to Carson Palmer for three sacks, forcing a fumble each time.

Please, please don't let us have a follow up of the 4 Int with a matching number of fumbles.

dtran04
12-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Man that Carson Palmer has no pocket presence...step up in the pocket!

:)