12-19-2006, 12:39 PM
is he injured, or why isn't he playing?

i wasn't all to happy when houston took him in 05

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
12-19-2006, 12:42 PM
He has been on IR for a few weeks now.

bullpenspectator1
12-19-2006, 01:03 PM
He is injury prone and is horrible. Why did we trade away jamaal brown for this loser? Another bone head move by casserly and our staff of draft pick morons. A all pro for a bench warmer. This one was as bad or worse than the bush and young screw up. Please give us some relief!!!

hot pickle
12-19-2006, 01:06 PM
why did we trade down instead of gettin derrick johnson

Sco-tai
12-19-2006, 01:13 PM
As I recall quite well, it was widely reported that he made significant strides in this, his second season.

Yes, I was one of the people who was annoyed we did not draft Derrick Johnson, but Travis Johnson DEFINITELY looked vastly improved prior to this years injury.

I would be VERY surprised if Travis Johnson & Mario Williams are not the primary cogs to our DL for the next 8 - 10 years.

That would have been kinda sick to have Derrick Johnson & Demeco Ryans rocking 2 of the 3 LB spots, though. Oh well. I'm good with the Travis pick now.

bullpenspectator1
12-19-2006, 01:24 PM
the travis pick is lame. He has not been but even average at best. and mostly from the bench area. He had been better than last year but he plain sucked anyway. another blown pick. look at brown. an all pro and has started every game so far. lets get real he is not gonna be a super star in this league

AndreRulz
12-19-2006, 01:25 PM
the travis pick is lame. He has not been but even average at best. and mostly from the bench area. He had been better than last year but he plain sucked anyway. another blown pick. look at brown. an all pro and has started every game so far. lets get real he is not gonna be a super star in this league

he sucks when he played he always got pushed back 3 yards or pancaked every play.

austintexanite
12-19-2006, 01:27 PM
He is injury prone and is horrible. Why did we trade away jamaal brown for this loser? Another bone head move by casserly and our staff of draft pick morons. A all pro for a bench warmer. This one was as bad or worse than the bush and young screw up. Please give us some relief!!!

why did we trade down instead of gettin derrick johnson

Couldn't agree with you guys anymore, another great move my Casserley. We could have had DJ or Brown but instead we got this waste of cap money who hasn't done anything. Even when healthy, I thought he played horrible. TJ and Babin are prolly the worst 1st rd. picks since we've been around.

El Amigo Invisible
12-19-2006, 01:28 PM
TJ has been a disappointment from the beginning.I do not think he was even a force in college.

kingh99
12-19-2006, 01:35 PM
TJ has been a disappointment from the beginning.I do not think he was even a force in college.

Casserly and Capers were head clock punchers in a clock punchers paradise. They did their 8 hours and that was it. How else do you explain the lack of due diligence with whacked out Johnson and guys like Babin (major bust) and Buchanon. Capers and Casserly were yes men to the chief cook and head bottle washer.

McNair is the culprit. He must subtly brow beat people into yessing him on key decisions. Got to be it. Until people direct their ire at the responsible party, it'll be business as usual at Reliant.

bullpenspectator1
12-19-2006, 01:48 PM
he wasn't. answer me this. why did we swap trades for him. we drafted brown and then took tj for nothing in return. what a stupid move. it is obvious they wanted brown and not tj. why then would we not get anything in return for drafting him for the saints? we did it for free. they knew brown wasn't gonna be around and would not be there for them. who the heck wanted tj??? how about not many but us. we need to have a whole new group draft for us maybe an outside consulting firm. no one could do worse. Maybe then we wouldn't be the laughing stock of the football world. someone help us

nunusguy
12-19-2006, 01:57 PM
The Texans took TJ and left these other DLineman on the Board: Spears (LSU) now Cowboys, Patterson (USC) now Eagles, and Castillo(Northwestern) now SD.
IMO any of those 3 players would have been a better choice than TJ. So you gotta give the Texans credit, because somehow they managed to draft the worst player out of the top 4 inside DLineman in the 2005 Draft.
Of course this one is on the previous administration.
Lets just hope that at the end of Marios second year he is fairing better in comparison against his DLine Draft classmate members.

phantom17
12-19-2006, 02:01 PM
he wasn't. answer me this. why did we swap trades for him. we drafted brown and then took tj for nothing in return. what a stupid move. it is obvious they wanted brown and not tj. why then would we not get anything in return for drafting him for the saints? we did it for free. they knew brown wasn't gonna be around and would not be there for them. who the heck wanted tj??? how about not many but us. we need to have a whole new group draft for us maybe an outside consulting firm. no one could do worse. Maybe then we wouldn't be the laughing stock of the football world. someone help us

The Texans did get Eric Winston!

real
12-19-2006, 02:02 PM
I could have sworn trading down to pick TJ is what gave us the extra pick to get Winston.....

ryansisgod
12-19-2006, 02:06 PM
i think the main problem with TJ is that his work ethic sucks, if he can work hard in the offseason and become stronger and more agile he could be a decent at best lineman. but since weve put up with it for so long and kubes think he can do theres not much we can do. lets just hope in the next few years he becomes a beast, like vanden bosch all of a sudden got a billion sacks, after goin like 3 years with just 1 or 2.

nunusguy
12-19-2006, 02:06 PM
We traded with the Saints for their first round pick and their third round pick
(2nd of the third), which is what we used to pick Winston.

bullpenspectator1
12-19-2006, 02:07 PM
People tend to forget that the whole mess we know as the Texans was with campers and palmer and casserly. My guess is casserly was the the one pulling the strings. He was and is horrible (why is he an announcer) and not a gm at another club. His last stupid move was mario. They say we have to stop the colts (manning and co) to win the div. But know they have started a whole new problem. When the colts fade away we now have vince. And we see how thats already become another new nightmare. Way to go Texans. How about not trying to be so smart and just go with the best player available for our NEEDS or taking the LOCK instead of all these unproven and stupid longshots. Only Andre Johnson has been a great first round pick. The rest are average at best, and average is being nice!

bullpenspectator1
12-19-2006, 02:12 PM
you may be right and i like eric alot. I think I owe an sowry for that mistatement. anyway we still suck drafting...lol

everardo7206
12-19-2006, 05:07 PM
As I recall quite well, it was widely reported that he made significant strides in this, his second season.

Yes, I was one of the people who was annoyed we did not draft Derrick Johnson, but Travis Johnson DEFINITELY looked vastly improved prior to this years injury.

I would be VERY surprised if Travis Johnson & Mario Williams are not the primary cogs to our DL for the next 8 - 10 years.

That would have been kinda sick to have Derrick Johnson & Demeco Ryans rocking 2 of the 3 LB spots, though. Oh well. I'm good with the Travis pick now.

i wanted DJ to eventually be the heir to derrick brooks, but well, tampa got a recently ineffective cadillac.. i also would have wanted dj at houston, or erasmus james from wisconsin, but i dont know how he is doing..

also i consider jason babin and dunta robinson bad picks, robinson not so much, but neither have helped much in improving out D, but i think babin has more sacks than mario williams but who knows

everardo7206
12-19-2006, 05:09 PM
also, i had read before the 05 draft, that at florida st, johnson was a monster, but only player when he felt like playing, he wasnt much of a dedicated player and slacks off, same with alex barron from the rams, coincidently both former seminoles

mexican_texan
12-19-2006, 05:55 PM
Dunta Robinson a bad pick? Wow.

We got a 3rd rounder for moving down a few spots. We know know why. Jammal Brown made the Pro Bowl in his second year. However...we did get Winston.

everardo7206
12-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Dunta Robinson a bad pick? Wow.

We got a 3rd rounder for moving down a few spots. We know know why. Jammal Brown made the Pro Bowl in his second year. However...we did get Winston.

not like that.. i mean hes always getting beat and getting all these bs pass interference calls, but he does make some picks..

joshri
12-19-2006, 09:43 PM
The worst thing about the Travis Johnson pick was that he wasn't even that good in college and didn't even grade out as a 1st rounder on most draft boards. I find it ridiculous that the Texans pass on Texas players all the time. Especially when the Texas players are flat out better than the alternative.

Napa Auto Parts
12-19-2006, 10:17 PM
is he injured, or why isn't he playing?

i wasn't all to happy when houston took him in 05

Thats just another of the charlie casserly 1st round picks that will haunt this franchise for ever.

1. David Carr
2. Jason Babin
3. Travis johnson

edo783
12-19-2006, 10:18 PM
but he does make some picks..

He hasn't done much of that the last two years either. Ever sence Glenn left his play has been marginal.

ATX
12-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Thats just another of the charlie casserly 1st round picks that will haunt this franchise for ever.

1. David Carr
2. Jason Babin
3. Travis johnson

We're lucky Detroit took Charles Rodgers ahead of Andre Johnson because I think Casserly would have taken him if Detroit drafted AJ.

Napa Auto Parts
12-20-2006, 03:17 AM
We're lucky Detroit took Charles Rodgers ahead of Andre Johnson because I think Casserly would have taken him if Detroit drafted AJ.

i remeber that i also think casserly would of taken rogers if available good thing detroit took the local kid. rodgers was awsome in college i wonder what happened:)

Theoridic
12-20-2006, 06:28 AM
I know that I have read this some where, but I can't find it now. The Texans traded back cause they thought that they would be able to pick up the safety/LB from Georgia, but he was picked two picks ahead of the Texans. They thought it would be a reach to get Thomas Davis that early and they thought no one else wanted him that early. Johnson was not even the guy they had initially wanted they just thought if they moved down they would still be able to get Thomas Davis. I know that I am not the only one to read that article someone else brought it up on the message board like a year ago. If anyone remebers it put the link for it.

johnboy
12-20-2006, 09:14 AM

1. David Carr
2. Jason Babin
3. Travis johnson

If Babin was a bad pick,what is Mario? Babin is playing DE for the first time in the NFL just like Mario, he Plays one-third of the time Mario does and has better stats. Plus he was picked 28 in the draft far cry from number one.

wolfscar
12-20-2006, 01:59 PM
Travis Johnson has been a huge disappointment from day one and, IMHO, still is.

I would love to see him traded away in the offseason. Seth Payne still has some mileage in him and actually looked pretty good before he got injured and I, for one, was really impressed with Anthony Maddox this year. He didn't do anything spectacular, but he solidified that line when it was in tatters.

My ideal scenario would be to see him traded away with our (no doubt very high) first round draft pick for a couple of late first round picks (maybe with Gado or Lundy to sweeten the deal). The reason being that I'd love to see us take both Landry and Pozluszny. They would fill two of our biggest gaps and I suspect they'll both go late in the first.

Probably not very realistic, but I'd love to see both those guys line up for the Texans. Travis Johnson would be a very, very small price to pay.

Texans Horror
12-20-2006, 02:12 PM
If Babin was a bad pick,what is Mario? Babin is playing DE for the first time in the NFL just like Mario, he Plays one-third of the time Mario does and has better stats. Plus he was picked 28 in the draft far cry from number one.

I've been pleasantly surprised by Babin's play this year. He was one of these guys who I saw as a potential cut, but this year he is adding good depth to the team and has some impressive stats for only playing part of the game. I think the shift to the 4-3 has really helped him.

tsip
12-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Babin leads the team in sacks and IMO is a solid player--good against the run/pressures the QB/ and can cover...

everardo7206
12-24-2006, 12:30 AM
well can't mario and babin play as both DE spots? N. D. Kalu and weaver aren;t that good, so they should just play both as startr\ers

king rhabuf
12-24-2006, 01:47 AM
TJ was the #1 recruited athlete out of high school, and he has so much potential.

eriadoc
12-24-2006, 01:54 AM
Babin's a solid player. He's not worth what the team gave up for him, but it's not like Babin had any say in what was given up for him. He's not a Pro Bowl guy, but he's a better contributor than many of the stiffs on defense.

brewhaus
12-24-2006, 10:49 AM
TJ was the #1 recruited athlete out of high school, and he has so much potential.

...his hair is cool too.

aj.
12-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Coming into the league, TJs idol was Deacon Jones. Now it's Robaire Smith. That's about all you need to know about TJ.

brewhaus
12-24-2006, 10:51 AM

At this point Babin should be starting......he has more sacks than anyone on the team. I don't know why Kubiak can not get behind the notion of "reward the active members of the team with playing time". Mind you all, I am not a Babin fan, but he produces when he plays.