PDA

View Full Version : Carr's future in the NFL

sakebomb
12-19-2006, 07:23 AM
What path do you think Carr's career is going to take if he is cut by the Texans?

Tim Couch - Out of the league (just can't get a break to make a roster)
Joey Harrington - Opportunity to play somewhere else

Personally I think he would definitely get picked up by another franchise. Not that he would start or anything but I just don't see him out of the league. Now I don't think Couch was great by any means but I was surprised he never made another roster considering some of the crappy QB's in the league.

For the record, Harrington is having a pretty bad season and hasn't turned the Dolphins around or anything. This is more a poll as to whether Carr gets a chance with another team. Not how he will do with that team.

Texan_Bill
12-19-2006, 09:33 AM
I think there would be several teams that would take a shot on him, looking for the next (insert QB name who went on to do well with other team than they were drafted by)

Mr. White
12-19-2006, 09:57 AM
I think that the national perception is still that Carr is a good QB with a bad OL. That perception is starting to change, though.

In the past two weeks, I've heard Jimmy Johnson and Peter King both bash him without talking about the line.

shinerbock_girl
12-19-2006, 10:02 AM
I think around a decent O-line Carr would have a second chance to do well...But he would need to go elsewhere to that...

A Texan
12-19-2006, 12:04 PM
I think that the national perception is still that Carr is a good QB with a bad OL. That perception is starting to change, though.

In the past two weeks, I've heard Jimmy Johnson and Peter King both bash him without talking about the line.

I noticed those CBS broadcasters kind of did an about face concerning Carr during the course of the Pats game too.

Texan_Bill
12-19-2006, 12:06 PM
I think around a decent O-line Carr would have a second chance to do well...But he would need to go elsewhere to that...

YUP! I agree. He not only needs a decent O-line, but he really needs a fresh start somewhere. We the fans need a fresh start as well...

eriadoc
12-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Couch had serious injury issues with his shoulder or elbow. Sorry, I can't remember which, but it came up quite a bit while he was trying to work out in training camp with a couple other teams (I seem to recall the Packers as one).

everardo7206
12-19-2006, 12:35 PM
if harrington can play in another team and be as succesful as he is in miami, i dont see why carr can't go to, say oakland or minnesota and just light it up

AndreRulz
12-19-2006, 01:16 PM
hell get a shot again for less money maybe for the raiders.
:hides: :stirpot:

ib4texans
12-19-2006, 01:21 PM
I noticed those CBS broadcasters kind of did an about face concerning Carr during the course of the Pats game too.

Yeah, Rich Gannon couldn't rip him enough. I think Rich is still a little sour from taking an early retirement.

Toro
12-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Someone will give this guy a shot. The 5 years of starting experience and age factor might make him a valued asset to a team like Baltimore, where he can groom under McNair (say what you will about Carr, he's better than Kyle Boller).

TheOgre
12-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Couch would have had an opportunity if he wasn't injured for two years. That is what killed his career after Cleveland cut him.

TSgt.Texan
12-19-2006, 05:04 PM
Where is waterboy?

texans83
12-19-2006, 05:08 PM
Man, that is a tough call. At least Boller threw 2 bombs right on the money last week. 1 for a 77 yard TD. Carr in 5 years and 76 games has NEVER done that. He may have throw a 5 yard dumpoff that the receiver took to the house, but that doesn't count.

Carr, you are an embarrassment to the NFL. Go away!!!!

Do you know what you are saying? They are only rushing 3 guys and still get to him now do the math...... that means there are 8 men either dropping back or spying in zone its almost impossible to throw down field look what happened last week he got picked 4 times bc he tried to force it in there. The only thing that he can do is drop it off underneath, if you watched the game you would know that.

everardo7206
12-19-2006, 05:15 PM
so is the problem the o-line?

man.. both my teams have ugly o-lines, tampa and houston.. well, tampa's is young and i have faith in them.. but houston....well....

LORENZOF33
12-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Hot off the presses!! I called Ms.Cleo today. Thats right Ms. Cleo the famous psychic. She says she see's David. She see's David by water. She see's David by a pool. Oh, he's in Bob Mc Nair's backyard cleaning his pool! The most expensive pool boy in America. Who cares where he goes long as he gets the hell out of Houston!!!

sakebomb
12-19-2006, 09:05 PM
if harrington can play in another team and be as succesful as he is in miami,

I checked his stats and Joey Harrington really isn't doing that great.

TheOgre
12-19-2006, 09:35 PM
I checked his stats and Joey Harrington really isn't doing that great.

He is winning a fair amount more than Carr though.

Jimpster
12-19-2006, 10:44 PM
hell get a shot again for less money maybe for the raiders.
:hides: :stirpot:

Who ever picks up Carr, they will have to pay him what's in his current contract.