PDA

View Full Version : Demeco wouldn't leave the field

TEXANS84
12-18-2006, 10:51 PM
A bright spot in a season of disaster.

A break for DeMeco: Normally a player being removed in a rout late in the fourth quarter would not be big news. But when linebacker DeMeco Ryans left the field late in the game Sunday, he missed his first defensive snap of the season.

In a debut year full of stellar accomplishments, the fact that Ryans had never left the field defensively before Sunday might be the most impressive. It was something he did reluctantly.

“The only reason he left is because we made him,” Kubiak said of Ryans' removal from action. “He’s banged up and he was hobbling around and (defensive coordinator) Richard (Smith) called down to me to get him off the field. We made him come off. We sent in a guy for him and he would not leave. He sent him back and then we made him come off. That’s the type of kid he is.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=3218

austintexanite
12-18-2006, 10:54 PM
Great find man...Demeco better make the pro bowl. He's been getting some nice PUB from the national media as of late.

now all we need are 52 other players with his talent/drive.

OrangeCountyTexansFan
Guts. The kid's got 'em.
Needs to pump some into the offense. Dayne is the only one with guts on that side of the ball, IMO.
:texan:

hot pickle
12-18-2006, 11:18 PM
love it when the athletes actually earn there money, i love demeco i hope he stays with houston is whole career, i think its time for me to make a demco avatar, anyone got any great pics that arent used yet

shinerbock_girl
12-18-2006, 11:21 PM
My poor MeCo

valleytexfan
12-18-2006, 11:22 PM
I am so gonna get my Battle Red Meco jersey...

Grid
12-18-2006, 11:24 PM
we just need to improve this team before he catches that "we suck" attitude.

Remember when Carr was a rookie and he ran to the goal every time he threw a TD?

Remember Dunta shaking off the mistakes and going out and making plays.. laying out huge hits?

We need to get this team's attitude back to where DeMeco is right now.

powerfuldragon
12-18-2006, 11:24 PM
this guy'd better be a marquee name one day.

shinerbock_girl
12-18-2006, 11:27 PM
Iam proud of my MeCo jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roughnecks
12-19-2006, 12:21 AM
I have to say after watching the game he would be the only one. It looked like the rest wanted out of the game and the backups to play. Problem was the backups were playing. All kidding aside though these guys are banged up and I know it is not a reason for them playing like they did but giving the injury's this year, all the last second losses, new play books ect.... I still have to say I am proud of them. I knew it would be a blow out like the Cowhurls, and Colts but I would have like to see some fight out of more than one player Sunday.

Goatcheese
12-19-2006, 05:47 AM
I am so gonna get my Battle Red Meco jersey...

This kid might just make me buy my first player jersey and retire my #32 Texans franchise jersey. He's definately a bad mofo. :aikido:

sakebomb
12-19-2006, 06:00 AM
Dayne is the only one with guts

I thought this was kind of funny considering his waist line.

the wonger need food
12-19-2006, 11:10 AM
DeMeco exemplifies courage, pride and heart. Something the rest of this team is sorely lacking.

OrangeCountyTexansFan
12-19-2006, 11:18 AM
I thought this was kind of funny considering his waist line.
Heh, heh, heh! Yeah, I thought that too. But heck, I don't care if he weighs 400 pounds if he can keep moving the ball like he has been doing recently. He is really our only bright spot on offense.
:texan:

everardo7206
12-19-2006, 11:21 AM
love it when the athletes actually earn there money, i love demeco i hope he stays with houston is whole career

i dont see it happening... sooner or later hes going to want to leave to a winning fanchise or just plan free agency will be the end of him in houton

mexican_texan
12-19-2006, 11:38 AM
i dont see it happening... sooner or later hes going to want to leave to a winning fanchise or just plan free agency will be the end of him in houton
Like Derrick Brooks?

everardo7206
12-19-2006, 11:42 AM
Like Derrick Brooks?

yes..i dont know if hell stick with tampa one more season, but that D needs some reestructuring, especially in the secondary

kenneth24
12-19-2006, 11:42 AM
There's a leader!

AtheGreat
12-19-2006, 12:49 PM
add that to the list of reasons why he's the best player we have.