PDA

View Full Version : They Are Who We Thought They Were Crown Em!

ib4texans
12-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Everyone seems too forget in their rabid hatred that we played the NE Patriots yesterday. This is a team that had given up I think 9 rushing TD's and 8 passing TD's in 13 games, I may be off by one. I'm not trying to make any excuses, but what was the expectation? I have listened to constant griping about passing down field, well it was attempted yesterday against a very good secondary. I wasn't surprised by the results, we didn't have near as many dink and dunks as normal.

I believe that a handfull of players failed to show up, Carr did not have his best game by far, neither did AJ,DeMeco,D-Rob,Mario,Owen. I will say that Moulds stepped up, he was the #1 WR yesterday.

I can say that NE was who I thought they were. NE has a much better D-fense than Indy though and a comparible offense. If anything I hope we can take this game and come into Reliant and upset Indy for the first time.

Yeah NE is who we thought they were, that's why they have been crowned 3 times.

Silver Oak
12-18-2006, 05:25 PM
I agree. That was a very good football team playing a terrible team yesterday. Good teams look for openings like we gave them early so we basically played into their hands.

They let up on us too....I think they could have hung 60 on us if Brady had opened up.

ib4texans
12-18-2006, 05:31 PM
I agree. That was a very good football team playing a terrible team yesterday. Good teams look for openings like we gave them early so we basically played into their hands.

They let up on us too....I think they could have hung 60 on us if Brady had opened up.

I agree that they let up on us, although I can't figure out them going for it on 4th and 6. They called the defense out on that one and it was ugly.

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
12-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Everyone seems too forget in their rabid hatred that we played the NE Patriots yesterday. This is a team that had given up I think 9 rushing TD's and 8 passing TD's in 13 games, I may be off by one. I'm not trying to make any excuses, but what was the expectation? I have listened to constant griping about passing down field, well it was attempted yesterday against a very good secondary. I wasn't surprised by the results, we didn't have near as many dink and dunks as normal.

I believe that a handfull of players failed to show up, Carr did not have his best game by far, neither did AJ,DeMeco,D-Rob,Mario,Owen. I will say that Moulds stepped up, he was the #1 WR yesterday.

I can say that NE was who I thought they were. NE has a much better D-fense than Indy though and a comparible offense. If anything I hope we can take this game and come into Reliant and upset Indy for the first time.

FORTY POINTS = Texans Suck

tsip
12-18-2006, 05:41 PM

...that was the same Patriot team that got shut out by the Dolphins last week--remember them? we beat them.

...NE had a little over 200 yds offense yesterday, including 120yds passing by Brady...

However, it does show how easy it is for a great team to score against one of the worst teams in the league

ib4texans
12-18-2006, 05:47 PM
...that was the same Patriot team that got shut out by the Dolphins last week--remember them? we beat them.

1 week does not a season make, if so after our defeat of Miami we would be rolling.

...NE had a little over 200 yds offense yesterday, including 120yds passing by Brady...

Yep,there defense and special teams smacked us around.

However, it does show how easy it is for a great team to score against one of the worst teams in the league

My point exactly!