PDA

View Full Version : a few questions

Dime
12-17-2006, 08:48 PM
I just have a few questions..

Where is Mathis?

Why isnt Chris Taylor playing to evaluate him in a real game since we are already out of the playoffs?

Why arent we using Porter or Van Pelt? Or is this time to see if Carr can finish games so Kub can eval him?

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Mathis had a groin injury

I think Kubiak tries to win every game and Dayne gives him that option (though I am guessing, Id like to see Taylor get some reps)

Porter was not active and Van Pelt has been here 2 weeks.

Dime
12-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Mathis had a groin injury

I think Kubiak tries to win every game and Dayne gives him that option (though I am guessing, Id like to see Taylor get some reps)

Porter was not active and Van Pelt has been here 2 weeks.

If porter was not active, why was he in full gear?

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Ahh, I read in the game thread that someone said he was not active, my bad.

TexanFan881
12-17-2006, 08:57 PM
I agree with you Dime, why not evaluate what we have when we're already down by 30? This was the perfect chance to see what we have and who knows, maybe Chris Taylor would be a good 1-2 punch with Ron Dayne, and maybe Van Pelt can play better than Carr (I mean, who can't?). I had to leave for the last half quarter, and was disappointed to see no Chris Taylor and no Van Pelt.

And another thing that gets me angry is why is Kubiak calling the plays? We have a capable offensive cordinator that was payed to do those sort of things with Calhoun. I think Kubiak needs to take a step back and not force himself to make all the decisions, and give himself a break. I'd like to see David be able to call his own plays and see what he can do like he did last year (I think it was against St. Louis last year, I can't remember off the top of my head) and when that happened he did extremely well. I don't like the way Carr is playing, but I don't like the way that Kubiak is approaching the dilema that is David Carr and our losing season.

TexanFan881
12-17-2006, 08:59 PM
If porter was not active, why was he in full gear?

I think he thought that because that was what was reported on KFFL also:

Texans | Week 15 Inactives
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 09:19:54 -0800

The Houston Texans have declared SS C.C. Brown, DL Cedric Killings, LB DaShon Polk, WR Derrick Lewis, WR Jerome Mathis, QB Quinton Porter, RB Samkon Gado, OT Scott Jackson inactive for Week 15.

If he was in pads, it must have just been a mistake on their part.

Tulip
12-17-2006, 09:04 PM
I just have a few questions..

Where is Mathis?

Groin injury. He was sorely missed today. Dexter Wynn is not fast.

Why isnt Chris Taylor playing to evaluate him in a real game since we are already out of the playoffs?
He's been on the coverage team the past couple of weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets carries in the last two games. It's preseason all over again.

Why arent we using Porter or Van Pelt? Or is this time to see if Carr can finish games so Kub can eval him?

Bingo. You hit the nail on the head.