PDA

View Full Version : WOW....and here after last week I thought it couldn't get any worse

Barkley
12-17-2006, 08:46 PM
I thought we hit bottom last week......boy was I wrong. This was the most pathetic performance have seen from Carr and this team this season. This looked like one of last years games.

The only silver lining is that there is NO WAY this team can justify bringing Carr back. He may be a nice guy and all, but as NFL QB's go, this guy is an absolute bum.

Wolf
12-17-2006, 08:47 PM
yeah Carr stunk it up today, was pretty hard to swallow..

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 08:48 PM
I thought we hit bottom last week......boy was I wrong. This was the most pathetic performance have seen from Carr and this team this season. This looked like one of last years games.

The only silver lining is that there is NO WAY this team can justify bringing Carr back. He may be a nice guy and all, but as NFL QB's go, this guy is an absolute bum.

They can still strike it up to the O-line which was bad today, but Carr stunk up the field.

Brace yourselves Carr most likely will be back next year, who is going to be pushing him for the starters role will be interesting.

OzzO
12-17-2006, 08:50 PM
No, last week was bottom because I think the Texans left it all on the field last week and when they couldn't beat the Titans with "everything they have" - then what else is there the rest of the season?

This was defintely worse played on offense, but bottom was hit last week and now just scraping along the bottom.

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Losing to the Titans stunk, No one in their right mind gave us a chance against the Pats. The best caoched team in football, and you could see it.

I like how Bellichek went for it on 4th down with his 2nd stringers and got it. Kubiak should learn from that and not go into hand the ball of mode in the 3rd quarter with 8 minutes left like he has done.

Texan1
12-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know what Carr's contract situation is next year? How much will he cost under the cap? How may years does he have on his contract after this season?

Goldeagle
12-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Does anyone know what Carr's contract situation is next year? How much will he cost under the cap? How may years does he have on his contract after this season?

Think 8 million, but not sure.

austintexanite
12-17-2006, 09:05 PM
i think he'd admit that it was prolly the worst game he's played

TexanFan881
12-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Atleast when we played the Titans, we played a good game, and we could have easily won that game with a flip of the coin against one of the better teams in the league right now (maybe even better than the Patriots). Any team that watches tape should have seen this coming. The Patriots know that we will never throw the ball over 10 yards so all they have to do is stay in that little area of the field and they know that Carr has a nack for locking onto his recievers for awhile. That combined with his horrible release and taking sacks constantly makes Carr who he is as a QB. This was a long time coming for David.

Texans Front Row Crew
12-17-2006, 09:10 PM
It hard to believe that this team played so well against the Giants. I remember watching that game and thought, wow thats some energy and fight in this team, David Carr leaping into the endzone and Willams making a Jumpshot.

And now this game.... its just pathetic.

aj.
12-17-2006, 09:13 PM
It can get much worse than it is now.

Blackouts coming soon. Guess who's games will be shown in Houston on CBS to replace ours?

Then there's the high probabilty #10 in the playoffs and eventually maybe even hoisting a Lombardi while we sit here and play with ourselves and mutter 'patience' over and over as our caretaker wipes the slobber from our chins....

Yeah, it can get worse.

Tulip
12-17-2006, 09:19 PM
It can get much worse than it is now.

Blackouts coming soon. Guess who's games will be shown in Houston on CBS to replace ours?

Then there's the high probabilty #10 in the playoffs and eventually maybe even hoisting a Lombardi while we sit here and play with ourselves and mutter 'patience' over and over as our caretaker wipes the slobber from our chins....

Yeah, it can get worse.

Just put me out of my misery now.

:gun:

nunusguy
12-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Blackouts coming soon.
Sobering thought for sure, but it may really happen.