PDA

View Full Version : Today's GOOD news!

David's Busted Carr
12-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Washington upset New Orleans giving them a 5-9 record and improving our draft position!

Oakland 2-12
Detroit 2-12
Tampa Bay 3-11

Arizona 4-10
Cleveland 4-10
Houston 4-10

So now we are no worse than 6th and could be 4th depending on tie breakers. We'll definitely lose next week to Indy. So that Cleveland game to end the season becomes a critical one for us to lose!

So there is some "good" news!

edo783
12-17-2006, 10:13 PM
As the former Moderator of the Saints board, I can't say that I'm thrilled with the loss. However, this really could impact our drafting and trading to create a stable offensive line.

Ahh, one of the voices of reason in the wilderness.

Vinny
12-17-2006, 10:15 PM
what good is draft position if you are going to pass the best talent in the draft for need picks?

BattleRedToro
12-17-2006, 10:27 PM
what good is draft position if you are going to pass the best talent in the draft for need picks?

The reason players like Reggie Bush get drafted so high is not because they make your team better. Its because morons that don't know football will buy tickets and merchandise. It is a purely business decision.

threetoedpete
12-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Hmmm, Vinny would that be like drafting a raw QB with a top six pick ? Inquiring minds want to know. Well accroding to the board...We're taking a QB, or all day. Or wose reaching ten spots for a free saftey. So I'm not too pumped by your good news. Same ol same ol.

TexanSam
12-17-2006, 10:39 PM
KC @ Oakland this Sat.
Oakland @ NY Jets in Week 17

Chicago @ Detroit this Sun.
Detroit @ Dallas in Week 17

Tampa Bay @ Cleveland this Sun.
Seattle @ Tampa Bay in Week 17

Arizona @ San Francisco this Sun.
Arizona @ San Diego in Week 17

Tampa Bay @ Cleveland this Sun.
Cleveland @ Houston in Week 17

Indianapolis @ Houston this Sun.
Cleveland @ Houston in Week 17

Looks to me like Detroit is the only team with pretty much, guaranteed losses.

What about Oakland? Too bad Oakland and Detroit don't play on the last game of the season and they call in the Quinn Bowl

BattleRedToro
12-17-2006, 10:44 PM
I just don't see the Jets as a "Guaranteed" loss.

There is no such thing as a Guaranteed loss, see the Washington/ New Orleans game results for proof.

kastofsna
12-18-2006, 08:47 AM
What about Oakland? Too bad Oakland and Detroit don't play on the last game of the season and they call in the Quinn Bowl
oakland wouldn't draft him anyway.

V Man
12-18-2006, 09:21 AM
Cleveland looks like they can really change their drafting position in the next 2 weeks. Tampa and us could easily be 2 more wins for them.

kastofsna
12-18-2006, 09:35 AM
yeah, hard for me to imagine the bucs winning in cleveland in december. i dunno, two REALLY bad teams. tim rattay will most likely be starting (if jon gruden wants to keep his job AT ALL), and that should make enough of a difference to threaten to score consistently. but, the bucs just don't win in those conditions.

Ryan
12-18-2006, 02:49 PM

:ok:

El Tejano
12-18-2006, 04:01 PM

Amen to that. Have you people acutally forgotten?

FirstDownMaker
12-18-2006, 04:18 PM

Wow, are you the same guy who once ran me out of Dodge for bad mouthing some of Charlie C's bad draft selections back in the day?

Keyser Soze
12-18-2006, 04:21 PM

I've had that same thought. I still see us picking fourth. I think Oakland, Detroit and Arizona will pick ahead of us.

I may be alone, but I'd be happy if we'd win one more game. Losing for draft position didn't work so well for us last year, so I'd rather go into the offseason with a victory.

TheOgre
12-18-2006, 05:01 PM
DRAFT WATCH 2007: Games that matter

Tampa Bay (3-11) at Cleveland (4-10) - one of these two slugs has to win. We win either way.

Arizona (4-10) at San Francisco (6-8) - The chances of the Texans ending up 6-10 are more remote than a Democrat getting the electoral votes from Texas in 2008. So lets hope that Leinart and Co. can win one for Denny. GO CARDS!

Washington (5-9) at St. Louis (6-8) - see game above this one, HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

TexansLucky13
12-18-2006, 05:14 PM

Before the FA, the Draft was the only true way to fill the "needs" on a team. If we can't grab some O-line and secondary help in the Free Agency, we will have to forget about getting the BPA.

I would rather draft to have average players at every position rather than having one outstanding player surrounded by no talent....

mexican_texan
12-18-2006, 05:40 PM
After the draft, we might have five or six million to spend. Not much talent available for that.

dbspi
12-18-2006, 06:31 PM
We will be selecting 4th if the draft were to be held today.

TexansSeminole
12-18-2006, 06:53 PM

The key to stopping that is not listening to our friggin owner on who not to draft.

BattleRedToro
12-18-2006, 10:05 PM
The key to stopping that is not listening to our friggin owner on who not to draft.

I find it amusing that you are complaining about the Texans owner supposedly interfering in the draft decisions and yet you have a picture of Mario Williams, McNair's supposed bad pick, as your avatar.