PDA

View Full Version : I'm Sorry!

Revolution
12-17-2006, 04:30 PM
To all Texans fans who have said we needed to get rid of Carr for a few years now, I apologize for arguing the point! After watching this horrific game, there is just no way our franchise can move forward with Carr taking the snaps!

I was WRONG, WRONG,WRONG!!!!

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP THIS LONG SUFFERING HOUSTON FAN!!!!!!

:backsout: :gun: :sos:

DatTexBoy
12-17-2006, 04:42 PM
That's real stand up of you.

That kid looked like he was scared to go back out the there...I'm glad I won't have to read Carr's lips saying "Let's go!" anymore...

TexansJunkE
12-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Looks like the organization can learn alot from you. Don't feel too bad, I was a supporter 2 yrs ago.

The Dream
12-17-2006, 04:43 PM
*dream stands up and starts clapping*
*other members follow his lead and do the same*

ATX
12-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Hi...I'd also like to apologize as well.

thetexanator
12-17-2006, 05:56 PM
i supported the guy for 2 1/2 years, i think hes just kinda dumb.

NJTexanFan
12-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Yea i supported the guy most of the year now i feel as if we cut our losses and move on, he hasn't panned out the way they hoped oh well

GuerillaBlack
12-17-2006, 06:10 PM
I liked Carr in 2002-2004. 2005 I was like "What the ****!" and now I am like "Get the hell out of here!" He is doing a horrible job in Houston. We need somebody new.

K.D.
12-17-2006, 06:30 PM
yep, count me in. I've been taking up for this kid and today i sent that carr to the pound. crush it, slam it, just get it outta here. SERIOUS!!!

sakebomb
12-17-2006, 07:13 PM
I too was a Carr supporter. Please accept my apology.

Thank you.

MrLizardTX
12-17-2006, 07:21 PM
The David Carr bandwagon is now completely empty. I was the last one off.

Napa Auto Parts
12-17-2006, 07:26 PM

not completely i think i can count about 7 posters who still have a man crush on carr 4 are from california and 3 from texas:stirpot: :yes:

WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
12-17-2006, 08:34 PM
I have stuck by Carr as long as he was our QB guy because I felt like he was put in a bad position by the GM, coaches, and general lack of talent around him. I was willing to give him this year under a new coach to show solid improvement even if he still had some issue. Hell with all of the injuries to the line this year as well as DD in the back field I was looking for something out of Carr even if the records and stats did not show it. However I have seen quit in him lately and today was the worst I have ever seen. It was obvious Carr just wanted off the field! I was shocked to hear Andre Ware say warm up whom ever you have and get Carr of the field after his int. saying that Carr just threw that ball away and wants off the field. Thatís a hell of a statement from a teamís announcer and former professional QB! I canít live with quit, underachieving is hard enough after 5 years but giving your all and leaving it all on the field is not too much to ask as a fan. So as far as I am concerned Carr is done here in Houston, I canít imagine after what everyone including the coach and GM saw today he will be around next year. I sure hope not! I will continue to root for the team and buy my season tickets to show support for the rookies and those players who deserve but I hate that it will be seen as acceptance of the current product.

Tulip
12-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Yes, this is true. He's like a ditch digger that hit an $8 million lottery and is living his dream of playing Pro Football.

Or worse - the $35 million lottery.

Second Honeymoon
12-17-2006, 08:43 PM
To all Texans fans who have said we needed to get rid of Carr for a few years now, I apologize for arguing the point! After watching this horrific game, there is just no way our franchise can move forward with Carr taking the snaps!

no problem man. your a good fan whether you were right or wrong. we are all human and currently cursed/blessed as Texans fans.

Tulip
12-17-2006, 08:43 PM

You'd think - but apparently the o-line excuse still has traction for a few who are still in denial.

newport texan
12-17-2006, 08:49 PM
i was a Carr supporter until this year...converted!

mexican_texan
12-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Alex Smith and Matt Leinart have bad lines as well...

ChrisG
12-17-2006, 09:23 PM
I liked Carr in 2002-2004. 2005 I was like "What the ****!" and now I am like "Get the hell out of here!" He is doing a horrible job in Houston. We need somebody new.

same for me...last year i was hoping for improvement, but after signing him for more years of crap i'm pissed and want him GONE

Texizgreat
12-17-2006, 09:54 PM
I was a Carr supporter as well, even Drafted him in my Fatasy football, Later rounds. I can't put up with this any longer. I do however feel that they (the houston texans) will keep him around one more year. I Pray that they can get some protection around him so that he has some trade value in 08.

#Ocho
12-17-2006, 10:02 PM
not completely i think i can count about 7 posters who still have a man crush on carr 4 are from california and 3 from texas:stirpot: :yes:

Well 5 from CA, but I really hope he gets benched and then traded. Reggie Bush doesn't get drafted and there's no excuse for that. Get him outta Houston ASAP!

Koolbrz
12-17-2006, 10:23 PM

I have to say that i have been a Carr supporter since day one. I really felt that things would get better with Kubes coaching Carr, but after todays game I must agree with you, we seriously need a new QB. We will NOT go anywhere with him as our QB. They need to pick up Peterson in the 1st rd. and pick up Kolb in the second. Sign Plummer for a couple of yrs. and let Kolb learn the system his rookie yr. Then let him do his thing his second yr. and keep Plummer as his backup. Just a thought.

goodnews boy
12-17-2006, 11:00 PM
More converts. This is a good thing.:redtowel:

It will only be good if there is a change

Honoring Earl 34
12-17-2006, 11:11 PM
If McNair keeps him ... I will just become ill . I painted the back of my house and listened on the radio ... its come to that ... football or painting ... hmmm I guess I'll paint .

big homey
12-17-2006, 11:21 PM
I too was once a Carr supporter, but now I see the light.

Kubiak thought he could fix him. I thought he could fix him. We were both wrong, and I think we both know it.

Ckw
12-18-2006, 01:05 AM
I have stuck by Carr as long as he was our QB guy because I felt like he was put in a bad position by the GM, coaches, and general lack of talent around him. I was willing to give him this year under a new coach to show solid improvement even if he still had some issue. Hell with all of the injuries to the line this year as well as DD in the back field I was looking for something out of Carr even if the records and stats did not show it. However I have seen quit in him lately and today was the worst I have ever seen. It was obvious Carr just wanted off the field! I was shocked to hear Andre Ware say warm up whom ever you have and get Carr of the field after his int. saying that Carr just threw that ball away and wants off the field. Thatís a hell of a statement from a teamís announcer and former professional QB! I canít live with quit, underachieving is hard enough after 5 years but giving your all and leaving it all on the field is not too much to ask as a fan. So as far as I am concerned Carr is done here in Houston, I canít imagine after what everyone including the coach and GM saw today he will be around next year. I sure hope not! I will continue to root for the team and buy my season tickets to show support for the rookies and those players who deserve but I hate that it will be seen as acceptance of the current product.

You describe my thoughts exactly.

DayneBum
12-18-2006, 10:16 AM

Yes. Looks like all the sacks has finally taken toll on him. i'd rather Kerry collins be behind center.

kingh99
12-18-2006, 10:33 AM

Not only that, I have my doubts he'll ever compete on Dancing with the Stars.

Scooter
12-18-2006, 12:04 PM
i've been sticking up for carr for more than 4 years and blaming everyone else. while everyone else has had their problems that were affecting carr (capers, offensive line, running game, etc), i'm done supporting & defending david carr. i've put faith and patience into kubiak hoping that he could unbreak david's thought process & confidence ... it's now apparent to me that carr's past the point of being saved. i dont want to see carr in a texans uniform next season. my dad actually went out and bought a sage rosenfels jersey, and i teased him at the beginning of the season about it. for the last few weeks i've been contemplating getting a sage rosenfels or BVP jersey of my own.

get rid of carr.

real
12-18-2006, 12:15 PM
First game this season that I actually stopped watching before it was over to go do something else.....

HOU-TEX
12-18-2006, 03:14 PM
First game this season that I actually stopped watching before it was over to go do something else.....

I was listening to the game driving home from Georgetown. Let me just say my wife was pizzed that she was awakened so many times from the profanity spewing out of my mouth.:brickwall

dalemurphy
12-18-2006, 03:19 PM
It will only be good if there is a change

As one of Carr's more ardent supporters the past three years on this board, I have a few things to say:

1. I think it's reasonable to assume that the team needs to address the QB position either with a 1st round pick or a free agent signing and David's release.

2. I think many of the "Carr-haters" have shown either a lack of football knowledge or a lack of class in their attacks of him the past few years. It's always the ignorant fan who gives a QB all the credit or all the blame for what is the ultimate team game. Futhermore, I think the guy deserves our appreciation for enduring years of beatings and struggling along with a talent-poor and poorly run expansion organization. He shouldn't be mocked and ridiculed and blamed for everything that goes wrong with the team.

3. I think the success, or lack of, for most NFL QBs largely is circumstancial. I think those circumstances have led us to this point. I believe he could be successful elsewhere. I just doubt he can have success with this team, at this point in its progress and in his career.

4. It was perfectly reasonable to give Carr an opportunity to succeed under this new coaching staff. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out. The QB position is the toughest to scout and hopefully we can catch lightning with Rosenfels or whoever else enters the discussion this offseason.

5. I still wonder how Carr would be playing right now if Spencer and Weigert had stayed healthy. He really seemed to be close to turning the corner earlier this season.

6. Hopefully, we'll finally get this OLine in shape and not have to go through this mess again with another QB.

Second Honeymoon
12-18-2006, 03:25 PM
As one of Carr's more ardent supporters the past three years on this board, I have a few things to say:

1. I think it's reasonable to assume that the team needs to address the QB position either with a 1st round pick or a free agent signing and David's release.

2. I think many of the "Carr-haters" have shown either a lack of football knowledge or a lack of class in their attacks of him the past few years. It's always the ignorant fan who gives a QB all the credit or all the blame for what is the ultimate team game. Futhermore, I think the guy deserves our appreciation for enduring years of beatings and struggling along with a talent-poor and poorly run expansion organization. He shouldn't be mocked and ridiculed and blamed for everything that goes wrong with the team.

3. I think the success, or lack of, for most NFL QBs largely is circumstancial. I think those circumstances have led us to this point. I believe he could be successful elsewhere. I just doubt he can have success with this team, at this point in its progress and in his career.

4. It was perfectly reasonable to give Carr an opportunity to succeed under this new coaching staff. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out. The QB position is the toughest to scout and hopefully we can catch lightning with Rosenfels or whoever else enters the discussion this offseason.

5. I still wonder how Carr would be playing right now if Spencer and Weigert had stayed healthy. He really seemed to be close to turning the corner earlier this season.

6. Hopefully, we'll finally get this OLine in shape and not have to go through this mess again with another QB.

Please refrain from copy and pasting your comments on multiple threads. I know it must be really hard coming up with more excuses and rationalizations but its a disservice to your fellow posters.

WWJD
12-18-2006, 03:26 PM
David needs a new address no doubt.
However he's been stand up about the whole thing.

He gets on 610 and answers all their questions.

He's active in local charities.

I may not like the play of David but I sure don't want to attack him as a person.

I'm sure nobody wanted this thing to work more than David.

Today was the absolute first day on his radio show that I think he is ready himself for a change.

Vinnie333
12-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Yeah, without a doubt I considered myself the biggest Carr fan I knew..Posters, Jersey, the whole deal...From day one, I was an avid fan and defended him with everything I had..trust me, every monday after a loss was hell for me..im finally coming to realize that Carr is done..he just doesn't make plays..when i watch other quarterbacks play, i notice how they just plain and simply make good things happen for their team..I still can't think of a play where Carr made a brilliant throw, threading the needle or leading his receiver perfectly..as much as I want to cut my ties to Carr, I still feel as if we didn't get everything out of him that we could have..I just wish I could have seen him play on a team that didn't have a patchwork offensive line every year and that surrounded him with some decent talent..I still feel that if he were put in a different situation, he would have succeeded in this league..but now hes damaged goods and doesn't even bother looking downfield..I guess we'll never know how good he could have been...

hadaad
12-18-2006, 03:51 PM
I am an unabashed Carr-supporter. Not because I think he's done well, not because I see "untapped potential" in him, not because I think he's gotten a rotten shake by being thrown in on a horrible team and kept in too long (which I do believe - but it's not what makes me support him). It's because for whatever reason, the coaches have decided to put him in on gameday. For that reason, I will cheer him, because he gets the football and tries to do something with it. I'm a Texans fan, and while I think changes should be in order for next year, next week, or whenever we can get a more competent quarterback in here, I'm going to cheer the team that takes the field, no matter what.

To the person who quoted Andre Ware as saying that David Carr threw the ball away because he just wanted off the field, I say BS. Ware said that Carr is throwing without confidence. Honestly... do you really think that Carr wants to get off the field in that way? Give me a break.

I have confidence that Coach Kubiak knows what he's doing. I only lost that confidence in Capers last year, when it was painfully obvious that he had lost his vision, his control of the team and probably when he knew the writing was on the wall.

It's really funny to see all these people who were so supportive of Kubiak coming in in the off-season, now basically acting like he has no idea what he's doing. I don't agree with every decision he makes. I thought it was cowardly to fake a punt on 4th and 1/2 a yard. If you're going to try and make a statement by going for it on fourth down, have the guts to punch them in the face, not try to knee them in the groin while they're looking somewhere else. Still, I don't have the luxury of being a head coach in the NFL (outside of my beloved Madden) and I have to trust that the coach has at least some idea of what to do on gameday.

I will hope for changes in the offseason, if I don't see what I want to see in the next couple of games, but that doesn't mean that the next couple of games are a chance for me to shout all that from the mountain. Complaining about the roster, coach, front office, and personnel decisions are offseason talk. You may say that 4 wins this late in the season makes this as good as the offseason, and that's your opinion. I still think we have some opportunities to see the heart and the fight in what we have right now, and I'm excited to see what this team can bring against the Colts.

If they play poorly against the Colts, I'll be disappointed, but that doesn't change how I'll cheer for them in the week after that.

I guess the point of this post is that I will cheer the Texans, no matter who they put out there, even if I don't agre with who they put out there.

GO TEXANS!

Porky
12-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Hello, my name is Porky, and I am a recovering Carraholic. With the help of this support group, I pray I don't fall on to the Carr bandwagon again. I just take it day by day, and hope I don't fall prey to that little voice in my mind that says "go ahead, like Carr just a little bit". No, I must not give in to the evil. Even a little Carr could set me back years. I've been off the bandwagon since the Tennesse game this year. I must not go back. Help me stay strong fellow former Carraholics. Help me release this demon called Carrolism from our hearts and minds, and to another NFL team, where he can victimize a whole new set of unfortunate lost souls. :ok:

JDizzle
12-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Hello, my name is Porky, and I am a recovering Carraholic. With the help of this support group, I pray I don't fall on to the Carr bandwagon again. I just take it day by day, and hope I don't fall prey to that little voice in my mind that says "go ahead, like Carr just a little bit". No, I must not give in to the evil. Even a little Carr could set me back years. I've been off the bandwagon since the Tennesse game this year. I must not go back. Help me stay strong fellow former Carraholics. Help me release this demon called Carrolism from our hearts and minds, and to another NFL team, where he can victimize a whole new set of unfortunate lost souls. :ok:

But he's so HAWT.

sleepwalker
12-18-2006, 04:20 PM
He has another yr on his *contract*....How are we supposed to get rid of him without paying out his contract?!?! I would rather watch him bleed another year...We are going to have to live with it...No team wants him, can you blame them?

Some of you want Sage to lead us to the superbowl after seeing him for 3 quarters...It's just insane, all of this.

We might as well let Kubes suit up and play a few quarters.

infantrycak
12-18-2006, 04:23 PM
He has another yr on his *contract*....How are we supposed to get rid of him without paying out his contract?!?!

He has two more years on his contract and it is the same deal as Walker or Wade--accept the unprorated portion of his bonus money (about $5.3 mil) as dead money on the cap and release him.

Blu
12-18-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm with ya Porky..:shades:

Old Throwback
12-18-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm really glad to see some of you Texan fans finally admitting the obvious. Don't feel bad. The only thing you've been guilty of is trying to be a loyal Texan fan by supporting the organization and its decisions. It's time that all Texans fans speak out and speak the truth though. No more living in denial. David Carr is the biggest problem the entire team has... no leadership and no decision making skills. His lack of production not only effects the offense but it effects the defense too... although I think you can add Mr. Williams to the list of mistakes. I agree with the sportscasters in saying if he's not more productive next year he's probably not a Texan the year after... and then add what kind of impact both Vince Young and Reggie Bush have had with their respective teams. Also, all the Vince Young naysayers should be hiding their heads right now... saying taking Vince Young would've been like starting over and we would've had to wait several seasons before having a chance to win. With his leadership the Titans have won the last 6 out of 8 games and have beaten several top notch teams with winning records. Even this last week he didn't make the mistakes that costs your team a chance to win... like David Carr did with the 4 picks... and Vince Young has thrown several touchdown passes from the POCKET. He's only ran when there were no other options. Well, I hope this franchise doesn't continue to be held hostage by David Carr and his poor play on Sunday.

infantrycak
12-18-2006, 04:32 PM
although I think you can add Mr. Williams to the list of mistakes. I agree with the sportscasters in saying if he's not more productive next year he's probably not a Texan the year after...

Then you and the folks on Sportscenter need to watch lacrosse or some other sport. Regardless of whether Mario was the best pick his performance is far, far above bust standard and he isn't going anywhere after next year.

Revolution
12-18-2006, 08:53 PM

Thank you! Thank you!! I should have pointed out this feeling of mine as well. I really feel he just was not given the opportunity to develop. I am not speaking of time, but of coaching and talent. I think this falls squarely on Dom Capers shoulders. I think a change in scenery will serve him well.

Andrew6
12-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Carr is seen as the leader of the Texans. Carr needs to cowboy up and be a leader. We played the patriots sunday a team that honestly never did anything that i can remember till this decade. they have alot of injuries alot of new people alot of the same things we have, yet they looked and acted like an NFL team. We looked like a piss poor college team. Within 5 years you should have your feet somewhat firmly planted to move forward. no blame to anyone its just time the Texans cowboy up!