PDA

View Full Version : Biggest need to address this offseason?

TexanSam
12-17-2006, 04:25 PM
What is our biggest need? Carr has been just about pathetic the 2nd half of the season, but I don't believe he's what we need to improve the most. We need offensive linemen. Yes, our starting LT, C, and RT have all been lost for the season, but I don't want to go into next season starting Charles Spencer. He may be the LT of the future, but coming off a major injury I would have doubts of him staying healthy next year. I don't think we should draft another rookie offensive lineman either, we need to sign a guy in FA who's a proven lineman. Here's what I think the Texans need most:

1. O-line
2. RB
3. Secondary
4. Linebacker
5. QB

TNTitan
12-17-2006, 04:25 PM
What is our biggest need? Carr has been just about pathetic the 2nd half of the season, but I don't believe he's what we need to improve the most. We need offensive linemen. Yes, our starting LT, C, and RT have all been lost for the season, but I don't want to go into next season starting Charles Spencer. He may be the LT of the future, but coming off a major injury I would have doubts of him staying healthy next year. I don't think we should draft another rookie offensive lineman either, we need to sign a guy in FA who's a proven lineman. Here's what I think the Texans need most:

1. O-line
2. RB
3. Secondary
4. Linebacker
5. QB

umm QB?

Ryan
12-17-2006, 04:28 PM
where is the all of the above choice??

TexanSam
12-17-2006, 04:29 PM
where is the all of the above choice??

Well I'm trying to see what you guys think we need more than anything else.

Tulip
12-17-2006, 04:31 PM
QB may not be the biggest need talent-wise, but I get the feeling that upgrading other positions won't have the desired impact unless a change is made at the QB position.

NEROtheZERO
12-17-2006, 04:31 PM
Offensive line and defensive secondary are equally as needy but I give the nod to the secondary because I think our defense is closer to being elite and I'd rather have an elite defense and a poor offense than a mediocre offense and mediocre defense.

Ryan
12-17-2006, 04:32 PM
i really think it is all of the offensive choices...we need some VETERAN help on the o-line and we need a new QB, and a RB to share carries with either dayne or davis

kiwitexansfan
12-17-2006, 04:52 PM
I voted O Line but if all the injuries heal perfectly I would take that back and go secondary... both these areas are cause for major headaches.

LORK 88
12-17-2006, 05:12 PM
O Line and Secondary. However, RB could be the easiest to adress and save us a draft pick (2 words: LADELL BETTS!).

afcman
12-17-2006, 05:22 PM
EVERYTHING. Almost.

After ALL THIS TIME we're still saying "OL". Amazing.

Insideop
12-17-2006, 05:29 PM
I've said O-line on all the other "what do we need" threads, and I'm not changing my mind on that. I don't want to get FA O-linemen. I would rather we get DB's and LB's in FA because there are some good ones out there. As for the O-line, I hope we can get Joe Thomas in the 1st round (And we might have a chance the way we are playing now!), and maybe the Center Kyle Young in the 3rd. If we did that, we could put Thomas at LT and move Spencer to either Guard or RT, if he's healthy, and Winston could be RT if Spencer isn't ready or they move him to Guard. In the 2nd round we could get a DB or LB if we don't pick one up in FA.

Wether it's FA or draft I think Kubes will be going after O-line. I think he realizes he has to fix this or we won't improve as a team, regardless of who the QB or RB's are next year. JMHO!

OzzO
12-17-2006, 05:31 PM
O-line, especially for depth. But hopefully all get addressed somehow this offseason (some with a close 2nd "need")

Cruuuuuuuz
12-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Figuring out a way to move this team to San Antonio....Thas the biggest need for Houston...

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
12-17-2006, 05:36 PM
A new owner and team - they both suck!

Vince WINS again and Carr LOSES!!!

TSgt.Texan
12-17-2006, 06:06 PM
The OL has been devestated by injuries this year so I am not sure it is the biggest need. Qb is my choice, then the secondary .

edo783
12-17-2006, 06:12 PM
O-line
Seconday
RB
QB
LB

ChrisG
12-17-2006, 06:24 PM
QB - through FA (hopefully)
2ndary - through 1st draft pick
O-Line - FA / draft